Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) (12963 Views)

Where Did You Spend Your 2019 Cross Over Night? / The Jamboree Tagged @nurtw #corruption Anniversary Celebration / Muslim Cleric Urges FIFA To BAN Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by AkinPhysicist: 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
cheesy
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by HomeOfMe(f): 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
where are the good for nothing "I
don't give a f.u.ck crew,who are always blindly and stupidly not giving a poo. Good article op jare,ori e pe. thank you.
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by cooluc(f): 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nice one!! Food for thought, plan plan and plan then work towards it, don't just hope, hope and hope in all of the 31st Dec, alas grey hair all over!!!

The system of the world is changing..man power is gradually fizzling out, relying on jobs now, for a good future is like building a big mansion in quicksand...

Shine your eyes..
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by unphilaz(m): 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
Crossover ni there cannot be no resolution becos the spirit is subsumed in the soul... Spiritman watchman nee
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by clems88(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
Tkayhandsome:
Face reality.
You just added another year to age.
No job
No light
No money
Please bring back the days when we were little kids without worry.

No worry for food
No worry for money and school fees
No worry if we were married or single
No worry of sex like the way konji comes these days

Please bring back the days when we were young
you never see shunshin. konji all the way
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by afm4ever(m): 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
good write up as for me I have planned how this year will be for me and am working towards it
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
nice write up.

as for the young man above me.

may you be free from the power of conji.

i know you won't say amen, of course who would want to be liberated from enjoyment.
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
olaolulazio:
I didn't read it all tho!

Happy new year.

Go back. Read it. If it isn't worth the time you put in, come, I'll give you my Father's pension.

Great read, Op

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by paradigmshift(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
we dn cross over we dn cross over... all men back to base...nice info but all man for himself..
everybody get as e dey hustle..
you go cross over night or not ,e no affect anytin..we all see d sky differently... Na make d year favor us Na wetin we dey pray because your plan sometimes can fail u... money must be made and something must kill a man...

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by ndcide(m): 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
Reiyvinn:
"Next year is my year! My year of breakthrough, success and divine upliftment." — So says the yearly 31st Mantra.

We go to cross-over services, make resolutions, undergo some sort of illusional "clean up" within the edifices of our personality, assume a new state of being for just about the first few weeks before incontrovertibly reverting to our default settings.

We seem more occupied with creating mental pictures of wishful "would-be's," rather than actually figuring out how significant every passing year is to our lives.

It's indeed sad and it goes to show how planless and — so to speak — directionless a vast amount us are about life until it apparently gets to where you'd have to rush through life than you ought to.

Take a look at these for a moment:

* What exactly have you done within the last few years to better your life than you perceive it to be other than just hope?

We are the most hopeful yet the most pathetic; a suffering-and-smiling generation that bases her entire existence on just one thing: hope. For how long will "next year" — which surely never ends — continue to be "YOUR year" yet not so true. When does Hope get exhausted, in the grave?

* How and where do you see yourself next 31st?

Be real, have you got any plans on how you intend to work on those resolutions or are they just ceremonial wishes? Examine the difference between what you were last 31st and this and where you see yourself in the next?

The clock is ticking and it isn't waiting for you, or me or anyone, it's on its way to the next 31st and the next after that and sooner or later the shades of grey on your head would begin to question if there are many 31sts left to see. So why not start now to make a difference?

* What happens if 10 years from now, the job market gets saturated or your services are no longer required?

It is no secret that the job market is on a high-velocity nose-dive as companies are constantly looking for how to cut costs on labour thus the increase in Machine automation. Take a quick look at how much of the once human-induced labour has been taken over by technology and you may as well see a future apocalypse for paid employment.

So what happens ten years from now when there's little or no job available for your well-deserving qualifications, blame the government as usual?

* What if I told you you're closer to your grave than you think?

I can almost hear you subtly saying to yourself "that's not my portion," really?

Knowing how "religious" we get whenever we come across this subject, it comes as no surprise to me why it is dealt with such laxity.

Yearly, children are being born into absolute squalor where their procreators are neither fit nor capable. It is, to say the least, unfair that these kids are — so to speak — merely products of wild oestrogens and testosterones rather than planned parenthood thereby exposing them to avoidable extremities. And when Nature knocks and the bucket is kicked we leave this helpless children with just themselves to look up to.

So it's time you asked yourself what exactly you are doing for these precious kids (whether they're unborn or already here) and what you intend to leave behind with them when you kiss this world goodbye.

In summary of all these, did you just go to that cross-over service to make that regular new year wishe like you've always done OR are you willing and ready to make this different and INDEED bring those things into reality in 2017?

Have a rethink, go back to that drawing board and do whatever it takes to make this a REAL HAPPY NEW YEAR;

Wish you all the best guys...

Kriss Ray

Actually, this is 80% crap. Absolutely bunkum.

The ONLY good thing here was the last two paragraphs. I mean the summary. All those trash you said earlier were unnecessary.

You that is writing, what have you made of yourself. I hate people who try to trivialize other people's beliefs, especially if it's not wrong, just to make a point.
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
ndcide:

The ONLY good thing here was the last two paragraphs. I mean the summary. All those trash you said earlier were unnecessary.

You that is writing, what have you made of yourself. I hate people who try to trivialize other people's beliefs, especially if it's not wrong, just to make a point.

smiley You seem directly touched by this article. Well, the very fact you haven't done anything worthwhile with your life all through the aforestated period doesn't mean others haven't (or aren't willing to). Let those who wanna get motivated by the OP do so and I hope you'll do so too, cheers and happy new year.
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by ndcide(m): 8:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
Reiyvinn:

smiley You seem directly touched by this article. Well, the very fact you haven't done anything worthwhile with your life all through the aforestated period doesn't mean others haven't (or aren't willing to). Let those who wanna get motivated by the OP do so and I hope you'll do so too, cheers and happy new year.

I believe my earlier post must have given you a better idea of how not to be a motivator.

That nonsense you put up there is shallow, Simply put. A good motivator don't start a write up that way. My point may not popular but it's the truth.

You may have it on mind to write another thing, don't do it this way. Don't inflict people with your useless bias as the first point to make.

Take it to the bank.
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by ominiriches2016(m): 8:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
Good.
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by blackprowler: 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
Reiyvinn:
"Next year is my year! My year of breakthrough, success and divine upliftment." — So says the yearly 31st Mantra.

We go to cross-over services, make resolutions, undergo some sort of illusional "clean up" within the edifices of our personality, assume a new state of being for just about the first few weeks before incontrovertibly reverting to our default settings.

We seem more occupied with creating mental pictures of wishful "would-be's," rather than actually figuring out how significant every passing year is to our lives.

It's indeed sad and it goes to show how planless and — so to speak — directionless a vast amount us are about life until it apparently gets to where you'd have to rush through life than you ought to.

Take a look at these for a moment:

* What exactly have you done within the last few years to better your life than you perceive it to be other than just hope?

We are the most hopeful yet the most pathetic; a suffering-and-smiling generation that bases her entire existence on just one thing: hope. For how long will "next year" — which surely never ends — continue to be "YOUR year" yet not so true. When does Hope get exhausted, in the grave?

* How and where do you see yourself next 31st?

Be real, have you got any plans on how you intend to work on those resolutions or are they just ceremonial wishes? Examine the difference between what you were last 31st and this and where you see yourself in the next?

The clock is ticking and it isn't waiting for you, or me or anyone, it's on its way to the next 31st and the next after that and sooner or later the shades of grey on your head would begin to question if there are many 31sts left to see. So why not start now to make a difference?

* What happens if 10 years from now, the job market gets saturated or your services are no longer required?

It is no secret that the job market is on a high-velocity nose-dive as companies are constantly looking for how to cut costs on labour thus the increase in Machine automation. Take a quick look at how much of the once human-induced labour has been taken over by technology and you may as well see a future apocalypse for paid employment.

So what happens ten years from now when there's little or no job available for your well-deserving qualifications, blame the government as usual?

* What if I told you you're closer to your grave than you think?

I can almost hear you subtly saying to yourself "that's not my portion," really?

Knowing how "religious" we get whenever we come across this subject, it comes as no surprise to me why it is dealt with such laxity.

Yearly, children are being born into absolute squalor where their procreators are neither fit nor capable. It is, to say the least, unfair that these kids are — so to speak — merely products of wild oestrogens and testosterones rather than planned parenthood thereby exposing them to avoidable extremities. And when Nature knocks and the bucket is kicked we leave this helpless children with just themselves to look up to.

So it's time you asked yourself what exactly you are doing for these precious kids (whether they're unborn or already here) and what you intend to leave behind with them when you kiss this world goodbye.

In summary of all these, did you just go to that cross-over service to make that regular new year wishe like you've always done OR are you willing and ready to make this different and INDEED bring those things into reality in 2017?

Have a rethink, go back to that drawing board and do whatever it takes to make this a REAL HAPPY NEW YEAR;

Wish you all the best guys...

Kriss Ray

More blessings to you. I'm terribly despondent about Nigerian people. I am ashamed to be so identified. How could a society become so defined? It's a pity
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by harveyspec: 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
ndcide:

you too just trivialized his post (belief) by calling it crap!!

you that is writing pls what have you made of yourself?

if the cross over service/resolution has helped you, then write it here for others to learn & be inspired

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Rapmoney(m): 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
One of the most educative thread I've seen on this platform!
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2017
ndcide:

I believe my earlier post must have given you a better idea of how not to be a motivator.

That nonsense you put up there is shallow, Simply put. A good motivator don't start a write up that way. My point may not popular but it's the truth.

You may have it on mind to write another thing, don't do it this way. Don't inflict people with your useless bias as the first point to make.

Take it to the bank.

There's something about every article that makes some thought-provoking and others not. The idea of pointing out the obivous while starting the paper is key to letting readers know what they're getting into. Thanks all the same.
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by apatheticme(f): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
Tkayhandsome:
Face reality.
You just added another year to age.
No job
No light
No money
Please bring back the days when we were little kids without worry.

No worry for food
No worry for money and school fees
No worry if we were married or single
No worry of sex like the way konji comes these days

Please bring back the days when we were young
Lol so damn true. I miss when I was a kid, no worries, no responsibilities, no stress, just pure happiness and fun. Hmm, it's well

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by lastpage: 10:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
jobsat34:
Ododo Oro re ooo

I am just patiently waiting for "Mid-January" when those MMM investors will "cross-over" into their own New year!

Most of them were denied the opportunity of celebrating the cross-over due to the deferment.

But l hope Macrodi is not playing "games" o... because Chelsea lost to Tottenham Hotspurs by two goals to Nil today! shocked shocked

After the Raggae, comes the Blues.. abi nor be so?
grin

Lastpage!
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by ringi82(m): 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2017

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by mecussey(m): 11:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nigerians like wishful thoughts and dreams without work. Many Nigerians are lazy
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by indsstudy: 3:11am On Jan 05, 2017
h
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by whizidude(m): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2017
0P you are the best ...
really thought provoking
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by sheDD(m): 3:55pm On Jan 01, 2020
Twinskenny, pls I had to call you on this thread. I just don't mean to bother you, pls brother. There is any brighter prospect for somebody that is not into engineering field to engage into CCTV installation? And too, no vex,like how much and how long will it cost to undergo CCTV installation training?
Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by twinskenny(m): 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2020
sheDD:
Twinskenny, pls I had to call you on this thread. I just don't mean to bother you, pls brother. There is any brighter prospect for somebody that is not into engineering field to engage into CCTV installation? And too, no vex,like how much and how long will it cost to undergo CCTV installation training?
get in touch via whatsapp 08051355133

1 Like

Re: Now That The Cross-over Jamboree Is Over (must read) by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 03, 2021
Bump

(1) (2) (Reply)

18 Inches Cassava Got Stuck In A Woman’s Vagina During Masturbation- See Video / Every Human Being Is Almost Equally Intelligent - Blackteeth / Lawyer Among Car Snatchers Arrested In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.