Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures - Culture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures (153415 Views)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna Got A Jeep As A Gift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
hammerF:
For ur information she is from Ogbaru. grin

The similarity of cultures between Bini and Nri is one that cannot be ignored.

U would think both these pictures were taken from one occasion.

Bini are direct descendants of western igbos mixed with yorubas from Ondo.

You said: "Bini are direct descendants of western igbos mixed with yorubas from Ondo." You are kidding, right? cheesy This must be the greatest joke of the century.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by martha89: 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2017
hammerF:

grin

Ishan and Ika Igbo are too similar though?
Yes in some ways,una get Igbabanelimi or Okpodu Masquared?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
martha89:
Yes in some ways,una get Igbabanelimi or Okpodu Masquared?

I notice that u share alot of words together as well.

Listen nobody fell from heaven, all human race have one source that can be traced to the Garden of Eden.

We are all connected and brothers/ sisters.

Africa is richly diverse but highly connected, the problem we have is that we lack research institution to carry out proper investigation and studies.

Y u going to live so close to the Esan if u are Ika and argue that their is no connection, wen Ngozi123 all the way across the River Niger is arguing connection to Benin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
hammerF:

grin

Ishan and Ika Igbo are too similar though?
There's nothing like Ika Igbo. It's either you are Ika or you're Igbo

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
laudate:

You said: "Bini are direct descendants of western igbos mixed with yorubas from Ondo." You are kidding, right? cheesy This must be the greatest joke of the century.

I am not kidding.

My investigation and findings show that the aborigines of the area called Bini were Igbos. They interacted with yorubas and from that interaction the Bini dialect was formed.

Consequently, another migration down south began that established the Urhobo. The Urhobo are descendants of Bini that migrated South.

U will notice that the migration route of western Igbo was always west but soon faded as they approached Ondo. That area was inhabited by Yorubas.

Further the Esan migrated North from Bini. Wat am saying is that both Esan and Urhobo are Bini people but due to distance the way the language is spoken changed.

If ur finding this hard to believe, ask urself wat is the Isoko? The Isoko are basically a mixed group between the urhobo and Ijaw. Today they claim a distinct ethnic group status.

Wen u mix two linguistic group, another language is formed becos they need to find a new way to communicate and understand each other. They might even mix both their languages or establish new words for things.

Today yoruba and igbo marry and end up speaking English, now imagine if their was no English, wat do u think will happen?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
Cire80:
Those people are not Enu-ani but they're Anioma in diaspora. There's no way an Asaba man will feel more at home with Ogbaru man than an Ika man. Not possible at all. Except maybe someone that grew up outside Anioma and is completely out of touch with his people

Could you please explain this? What is 'Anioma in diaspora'?

Isn't the Ika dialect classed as a different dialect to the Enuani one?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by martha89: 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
hammerF:

I notice that u share alot of words together as well.

Listen nobody fell from heaven, all human race have one source that can be traced to the Garden of Eden.

We are all connected and brothers/ sisters.

Africa is richly diverse but highly connected, the problem we have is that we lack research institution to carry out proper investigation and studies.

Y u going to leave so close to the Esan if u are Ika and argue that their is no connection, wen Ngozi all the way across the River Niger is arguing connection to Benin.
You are making sense. After Esan left the Benin kingdom there is possibility some of them inter married with ikas(Agbors)or the ones that where close to them.lol this is how to talk without insulting anyone.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
martha89:
You are making sense. After Esan left the Benin kingdom there is possibility some of them inter married with ikas(Agbors) or the ones that where close to them.lol this is how to talk without insulting anyone.

If Africans learn to reason, half the world problem will be solved.

The bolded is highly probable. I believe they did.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
Cire80:
Those people are not Enu-ani but they're Anioma in diaspora. There's no way an Asaba man will feel more at home with Ogbaru man than an Ika man. Not possible at all. Except maybe someone that grew up outside Anioma and is completely out of touch with his people

I do not believe you know what you are talking about. Anioma 'oneness' is artificial and very recent. The kinship between communities in Enuani (especially the Oshimili part of Enuani) and Ogbaru is much more organic and dates back to antiquity.

If you think an Oko man from Oshimili-Enuani will feel more at home with an Agbor man than with an Ossomala man from Ogbaru, then you do not know Oko and you do not know Ossomala.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
Benin is where the East meet West.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
hammerF:
I am not kidding.

My investigation and findings show that the aborigines of the area called Bini were Igbos. They interacted with yorubas and from that interaction the Bini dialect was formed.

Consequently, another migration down south began that established the Urhobo. The Urhobo are descendants of Bini that migrated South.

U will notice that the migration route of western Igbo was always west but soon faded as they approached Ondo. That area was inhabited by Yorubas.

Further the Esan migrated North from Bini. Wat am saying is that both Esan and Urhobo are Bini people but due to distance the way the language is spoken changed.

If ur finding this hard to believe, ask urself wat is the Isoko? The Isoko are basically a mixed group between the urhobo and Ijaw. Today they claim a distinct ethnic group status.

Wen u mix two linguistic group, another language is formed becos they need to find a new way to communicate and understand each other. They might even mix both their languages or establish new words for things.

Today yoruba and igbo marry and end up speaking English, now imagine if their was no English, wat do u think will happen?

Oh, I believe Urhobo, Esan etc., migrated from Benin or are descendants of the Bini people. But to say "Bini are direct descendants of western igbos mixed with yorubas from Ondo," ... nah, I can't buy that. I believe you are still joking on that score! cheesy
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
laudate:

Oh, I believe Urhobo, Esan etc., migrated from Benin or are descendants of the Bini people. But to say "Bini are direct descendants of western igbos mixed with yorubas from Ondo," ... nah, I can't buy that. I believe you are still joking on that score! cheesy

Benin just fell from the sky and landed inbetween two major tribes abi? u believe that one. grin

Listen, ever wondered y Ikwere have Igbo names but speak a distinct language mixed with igbo?

The fact they have igbo names is evident that they are Igbo people, but due to distance and inter-tribal marriages with Akwa Ibom clans, their language became corrupted.

Bini people were originally igbo that interacted heavily with yorubas. In fact they probably lived door to door with each other.

Unlike today, u guys speak English, they had to craft a language they can both understand. Inter-tribal marriage on a huge scale creates another distinct tribe. Do u agree with the bolded?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Cire80: 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I do not believe you know what you are talking about. Anioma 'oneness' is artificial and very recent. The kinship between communities in Enuani (especially the Oshimili part of Enuani) and Ogbaru is much more organic and dates back to antiquity.

If you think an Oko man from Oshimili-Enuani will feel more at home with an Agbor man than with an Ossomala man from Ogbaru, then you do not know Oko and you do not know Ossomala.
The oneness is recent? Lol. No need responding to this. What do you know about Oko? Oko that I know are greatly Igala. Even more Igala than Asaba.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Cire80: 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
And I find the artificial oneness funny. There's nothing we can't hear from these people. Ha ha ha

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Thank you for raising this point. We all know that the term was created for political reasons.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
hammerF:
Benin just fell from the sky and landed inbetween two major tribes abi? u believe that one. grin

Listen, ever wondered y Ikwere have Igbo names but speak a distinct language mixed with igbo?

The fact they have igbo names is evident that they are Igbo people, but due to distance and inter-tribal marriages with Akwa Ibom clans, their language became corrupted.

Bini people were originally igbo that interacted heavily with yorubas. In fact they probably lived door to door with each other.

Unlike today, u guys speak English, they had to craft a language they can both understand. Inter-tribal marriage on a huge scale creates another distinct tribe. Do u agree with the bolded?

The Ikwerre bit is likely to be true, but to say "Bini people were originally igbo that interacted heavily with yorubas. In fact they probably lived door to door with each other," is fallacious. There just isn't enough empirical and archaeological evidence to show that 'Bini people were originally igbo'. sad
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ngozi123:

Thank you for raising this point. We all know that the term was created for political reasons.

The term Anioma is recent and it is true that each of the clan that constitute Anioma existed as a separate entity.

This is typical with igbo settlement even in the east. They are often highly segmental as opposed to Hierarchical.

Conseqeuntly, u find that a whole clan can be wiped out in a war or completely enmeshed in inter-tribal marriage and start losing their igbo identity.

Further, all the dialect are also distinct from one another.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2017
laudate:

The Ikwerre bit is likely to be true, but to say "Bini people were originally igbo that interacted heavily with yorubas. In fact they probably lived door to door with each other," is fallacious. There just isn't enough empirical and archaeological evidence to show that 'Bini people were originally igbo'. sad

Guy! Some people believe that God dont exist despite all the evidence in their day to day life.

I believe their is a God.

Wat u choose to believe is upto u, but the evidence are there.

I will like to spend sometime in the Bini area and carry out studies on their language, religion, political systems and culture.

As well as in Ondo and Anioma. From the little that i can find online, all indication is that Bini are a mixed ethnic group between Igbos and Yorubas.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
hammerF:

The term Anioma is recent and it is true that each of the clan that constitute Anioma existed as a separate entity.

This is typical with igbo settlement even in the east. They are often highly segmental as opposed to Hierarchical.

Conseqeuntly, u find that a whole clan can be wiped out in a war or completely enmeshed in inter-tribal marriage and start losing their igbo identity.

Further, all the dialect are also distinct from one another.

I read online that there are quite a few dialects spoken in Anioma, both Igbo and non-Igbo, but the Enuani one is the dominant dialect and is somewhat understood by all due to their influence on the people there. Do you know if this is true or not?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 11:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ngozi123:

I read online that there are quite a few dialects spoken in Anioma, both Igbo and non-Igbo, but the Enuani one is the dominant dialect and is somewhat understood by all due to their influence on the people there. Do you know if this is true or not?

They are closest to the East(Enuani) and the language will dominate the western igbos on the banks of the River Niger, and spread west but further west, it starts to fade as other dialects dominate.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
hammerF:
Guy! Some people believe that God dont exist despite all the evidence in their day to day life.

I will like to spend sometime in the Bini area and carry out studies on their language, religion, political systems and culture.

As well as in Ondo and Anioma. From the little that i can find online, all indication is that Bini are a mixed ethnic group between Igbos and Yorubas.

Where is the evidence that shows that "Bini are a mixed ethnic group between Igbos..?" Kindly post it here. Does it actually exist, or are you just going to find it? wink I can't buy into that theory... sorry! cheesy Anyway, good luck with your research. Until the evidence comes through, the jury is out on this one.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Cire80: 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ngozi123:

The Anioma oneness is not about the term. Even before the name came into existence, Anioma generally was called Ika. For anyone to say Anioma oneness is recent smirks of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
Cire80:
The Anioma oneness is not about the term. Even before the name came into existence, Anioma generally was called Ika. For anyone to say Anioma oneness is recent smirks of ignorance.

shocked Where is Ikechu1 when you need him? If that is the case then why is Enuani the dominant dialect in the region?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
hammerF:

They are closest to the East(Enuani) and the language will dominate the western igbos on the banks of the River Niger, and spread west but further west, it starts to fade as other dialects dominate.

I just did some research and it states that Enuani is the dominant language of the region and is "comprehensible to all" to some degree.

http://www.umuanioma.com/anioma

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Cire80: 11:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ngozi123:

All Anioma dialects are understood by Anioma. It's funny you're asking someone who doesn't know shit about Anioma to explain this to you. Igbanke is not the only Ika speaking community in Edo. There are lots of Anioma communities in Edo but some of them are bilingual. From Ekpon to Ughomose, Igbogiri, Abudu, Owa RI Uzor, ogan, Iru speak Ika language. Even farther Down deep inside Edo, Ika is spoken as a second language. If you include Ika speakers in Edo State, Enuani speakers are not more than us.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
Cire80:
All Anioma dialects are understood by Anioma. It's funny you're asking someone who doesn't know shit about Anioma to explain this to you. Igbanke is not the only Ika speaking community in Edo. There are lots of Anioma communities in Edo but some of them are bilingual. From Ekpon to Ughomose, Igbogiri, Abudu, Owa RI Uzor, ogan, Iru speak Ika language. Even farther Down deep inside Edo, Ika is spoken as a second language. If you include Ika speakers in Edo State, Enuani speakers are not more than us.

Then why is their dialect the most dominant in the region?

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gregyboy(m): 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
hammerF:

funny how would your theory not be wrong when even the benins ruled over ondo state that your calling thier ancestor so funny how people formulate thoery about how the great benin empire originated 1. the yoruba version of creation of benin now the igbos soon the hausa very funny even this tribes formulating this hypothesis dont even know hw they originated and now they formulating other peoples own
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
laudate:

Where is the evidence that shows that "Bini are a mixed ethnic group between Igbos..?" Kindly post it here. Does it actually exist, or are you just going to find it? wink I can't buy into that theory... sorry! cheesy Anyway, good luck with your research. Until the evidence comes through, the jury is out on this one.

First u need to look at their language. They share too many words with igbos that mean literally, the samething spelt the same way.

i.e. Ugbo in Bini means Farm, the same word and spelling means the samething in igbo both in the west and the East.

osakwe''.in igbo literally means 'God Agree' and it means exactly the samething in Benin

Ogbe means quarters in Igbo, agains same word means exactly the samething in Benin.

etc.

There are certain sentence they make that incorporate both the yoruba and igbo words mixed together. The words refer to similar things but the bini use it to make a sentence.

i.e. their greeting of the Oba. i.e. Oba Atokpe Ise!! Ato in igbo means to be stuck. Kpe in yoruba means to be long. They use both words to wish their king a long reign.

The kingship and its origin and the similarities to its neighbours in the east is another aspect.

Their dressing and even their genetics will help to establish further facts.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Cire80: 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ngozi123:

Then why is their dialect the most dominant in the region?
There's nothing like dominant Anioma dialect. All Anioma dialects are regarded equal in Aniomaland. No Anioma dialect is inferior to other. If two Anioma indigenes want to communicate, each use his language. Even when we as Ika people go to Enuani and Ukwani area for marriage or burial, we speak Ika and they understand us well. We don't even try to speak their tongue because we're in their land.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
hammerF:

[s]First u need to look at their language. They share too many words with igbos that mean literally, the samething spelt the same way.

i.e. Ugbo in Bini means Farm, the same word and spelling means the samething in igbo both in the west and the East.

osakwe''.in igbo literally means 'God Agree' and it means exactly the samething in Benin

Ogbe means quarters in Igbo, agains same word means exactly the samething in Benin.

etc.

There are certain sentence they make that incorporate both the yoruba and igbo words mixed together. The words refer to similar things but the bini use it to make a sentence.

i.e. their greeting of the Oba. i.e. Oba Atokpe Ise!! Ato in igbo means to be stuck. Kpe in yoruba means to be long. They use both words to wish their king a long reign.

The kingship and its origin and the similarities to its neighbours in the east is another aspect.

Their dressing and even their genetics will help to establish further facts.[/s]

TRASH!!!!

EDOS COLONIZED THE IGBOS THATS WHY YOU SPEAK EDO WORDS INSIDE IGBO!!

JUST IMAGINE THE RUBBISH YOU KEEP SPEWING FROM YOUR MOUTH!!

I BET YOUR MOUTH STINKS FROM ALL THE LIES!!

I WILL FINISH YOU ON THIS THREAD!!

I DON MEAN YOU!!!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
Does anybody now know wat Eweka means in Benin? I am still waiting Oooo!

Emeka abi na Iweka was the name of the first Oba of Benin. He was Igbo.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2017
BornStunner1:

TRASH!!!!

EDOS COLONIZED THE IGBOS THATS WHY YOU SPEAK EDO WORDS INSIDE IGBO!!

JUST IMAGINE THE RUBBISH YOU KEEP SPEWING FROM YOUR MOUTH!!

I BET YOUR MOUTH STINKS FROM ALL THE LIES!!

I WILL FINISH YOU ON THIS THREAD!!

I DON MEAN YOU!!!

Guy, i am not interested in your yoruba childishness today, it is not everyday. Quote someone else, i am talking with Laudate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (74) (Reply)

10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires / A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures / Post Pics Of Fulani Girls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.