Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) (14924 Views)

Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) / Very Rewarding F.M.C.G Distributorship Opportuniies (Lagos Only) / Distributors Wanted Nationwide For Go-clean F.M.C.G Brand Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 9:29pm On Jan 01, 2017
This thread is created as a response to several requests that I have received from many followers to create a step by step guide for potential F.M.C.G distributors who reside outside Lagos.

The core objective of the thread is to discuss the F.M.C.G sector of the economy with particular emphasis on;

1. The nature of the consumer market in various parts of Nigeria.

2. What can sell in different parts of the country. The local peculiarities as it impacts on the selling of specific F.M.C.G goods.

3. How to grow from an incognito distributorship into a mega distributorship status that blue chip companies will be seeking out.

4. How to benefit from a guided synergy that can only bring benefits for the participants.

5. How to start with very little capital and grow into monthly profitability of 200,000 in less than 12 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Donkaz(m): 9:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
following
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by africanman85: 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
Let me take my sit
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by eezeribe(m): 9:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
I balance here
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 9:54pm On Jan 01, 2017
many of us in times past have read several books and articles on how to get up and get going but have never really taken action. All we have been doing so far is to prepare mentally and by this I mean reading about other accomplished business people and some of us even go as far as writing out a plan and then adjusting/modifying it from time to time.

This thread is going to provide the bridge between PLANNING and ACTUALIZATION.

I intend to provide guidance for those who are interested in starting the sales of F.M.C.G products in their locality with whatever they have as capital. In the first week we are going to create a plan. This will be a realistic plan and I intend to provide as much guidance as I can at an individual level via email and eventually by whatsapp for the serious participants.

Before embarking on this effort I have discussed at length with two very special people who have very significant experience in sales administration and marketing and business development. They will back me up when I am unable to provide the right answers. This will be a very practical thread and I assure you that if we follow it to the letter we should all have testimonies at the end. My prayer at this point will be drawn from a Sanskrit verse;

'May the learning illuminate us both, the teacher and the taught'.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
I am sure that over the years (at least weeks for some people) what we have experienced is our desire pushing us into planning and then the review of the planning and then a further review of the plans. This seems to become a merrygoround and at the end of the day nothing seems to happen. Wed are going to put a stop to that this year. Another Sanskrit saying may be useful here. This is one of my favourites;

‘The spring is past,
Summer is gone and Winter is here,
And the song that I meant to sing remains unsung,
For I have spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument’.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2017
We are going to start no matter how small. Our target is to start earning money as early in the year as possible. I intend that the serious ones among us should earn at least 200,000.00 consistently every month latest October 2017.

So lets set the ball rolling.

I want comments on the thread. Serious comments.

I also would like interested participants to begin to identify their locations (towns and States) so that we can begin to create an all encompassing plan.

It is imperative also that producers and manufacturers of F.M.C.G also come on the platform to display their goods. This will thus be the place to showcase your products, negotiate with the participants who will arrange for your products to get to your target, the final consumer.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2017
There will be no e-book please and of course no monies paid to me.

This is just a personal contribution that I am making towards our development as individuals and an opportunity for me to also learn from the experiences of others.

This is going to be a bright year.

Ignore naysayers.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by onyeudo234(m): 11:49pm On Jan 01, 2017
Following
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Emmy9ite(m): 11:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
Great idea Karin, I am totally in. My name is Emmanuel and I base in Uyo/Abuja. I can successfully run any business within the two locations..
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by memyselfandI: 12:53am On Jan 02, 2017
Thumbs up Karin001, I have been looking forward to this. Following seriously!
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by much30: 1:32am On Jan 02, 2017
Karin001:
We are going to start no matter how small. Our target is to start earning money as early in the year as possible. I intend that the serious ones among us should earn at least 200,000.00 consistently every month latest October 2017.

So lets set the ball rolling.

I want comments on the thread. Serious comments.
I also would like interested participants to begin to identify their locations (towns and States) so that we can begin to create an all encompassing plan.

It is imperative also that producers and manufacturers of F.M.C.G also come on the platform to display their goods. This will thus be the place to showcase your products, negotiate with the participants who will arrange for your products to get to your target, the final consumer.

hello Karin, My name is Uchenna i reside in onitsha in Anambra state, i also have access to Awka town/ market and Nnewi town/market , i am very much interested to be a part of this venture. thanks for the opportunity.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
Please choose on town that you can start with. You can then expand into the adjoining towns with time. But at the moment your best bet is to concentrate on one town preferably the one you reside in.

permit me to also state here that if you choose Onitsha you have to be prepared to work very hard and you must have some financial muscle because of the Onitsha wholesale market. It would be so sad for you to start this journey, invest so much in creating a market and then loose it to some trader who decides to undercut your efforts by making overtures directly to the company. I assure you that all your effort would be in vain. Those in Onitsha, Aba, and Kano should take this more seriously.

Again, this is my opinion drawn from experience.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
Emmy9ite:
Great idea Karin, I am totally in. My name is Emmanuel and I base in Uyo/Abuja. I can successfully run any business within the two locations..

Emmanuel, good to hear from you. Please choose one town that you reside in. Where do you spend more time in? Where do you understand more? For some reason I feel it will be Uyo as against Abuja.

This is what I suggest you do. You can use Uyo as a nucleus and then traverse the entire Akwa Ibom State from there.

Let us assume for instance that you have been able to secure a distributive rights for a particular brand of plantain chips, maybe cakes from another company and coconut chips from another one while a another company gives you juice sales right then all you need to do is take delivery of the goods in Uyo right in your living room.

Your first step will be to create a supply chain that covers all the supermarkets on the Oron road/Nwaniba axis, Aka road up to Ning Udo and NTA on the other axis, Ikot Ikpene road up to the New Motor park and of course Abak road up to the Teaching hospital. You will also try to get resellers in the main market Ituk street and Akpan Ndem Market.

Having secured these areas, you will repeat this effort in Eket, Ikot Ekpene, Abak, Ikot Abasi and Oron. Ultimately, you will appoint sub-distributors in these locations to ensure that the coverage is aggressive and airtight.

I must also add that if your coverage is not effective you will lose some customers to the distributors in Aba because almost all retailers in Cross River and Akwa Ibom draw their goods from the Aba wholesale markets. Your primary job is to ensure that your customers always have whatever product you are selling in stock at all times.

Kindly indicate if this line of thought is acceptable to you.
Good luck.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by much30: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
Karin001:
Please choose on town that you can start with. You can then expand into the adjoining towns with time. But at the moment your best bet is to concentrate on one town preferably the one you reside in.

permit me to also state here that if you choose Onitsha you have to be prepared to work very hard and you must have some financial muscle because of the Onitsha wholesale market. It would be so sad for you to start this journey, invest so much in creating a market and then loose it to some trader who decides to undercut your efforts by making overtures directly to the company. I assure you that all your effort would be in vain. Those in Onitsha, Aba, and Kano should take this more seriously.

Again, this is my opinion drawn from experience.

Madame, thanks for ur thoughtful advice. let me go for Awka, as i will be changing my base to awka before june. thank you so much.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Nafdee(m): 10:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
I represent Asaba.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by jonaboy: 12:17am On Jan 03, 2017
I represent Kaduna.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by africanman85: 7:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
My name is Israel, I represent Umuahia in Abia State
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Dexpro: 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
Karin thumbs up. Keep up the good works. I've got something to discuss with you. Hope we can discuss here?
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2017
Dexpro:
Karin thumbs up. Keep up the good works. I've got something to discuss with you. Hope we can discuss here?

Yes you may put it up.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Imustexcel: 3:57am On Jan 04, 2017
Hello Karin, thanks a lot for your selfless passion to guide people to financial freedom. I have been reading your insightful topics/posts and I am happy to say that I am a better person now business wise. I represent Sokoto.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Bigdan3550: 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
wonderful business idea, I'm joyfully in, Name:DANIEL EJIOGU, I base in Benue state Makurdi to be precise, I'm interested pls remember me
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by biggal: 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
Am in based in ph abuloma
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 05, 2017
Asaba here.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 9:41am On Jan 05, 2017
Imustexcel:
Hello Karin, thanks a lot for your selfless passion to guide people to financial freedom. I have been reading your insightful topics/posts and I am happy to say that I am a better person now business wise. I represent Sokoto.

Wonderful!

Please can you let us know what snacks move very fast in Sokoto? What do you think that you could take there that will ensure massive sales and long term profitability for you?

Are the established names like UAC foods, Chivita, Kaira, and lacasera visible there? How many major markets do you have in Sokoto metropolis (state capital).

Please revert.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 9:42am On Jan 05, 2017
ebukasoso:
Asaba here.

It appears this is the third indication for Asaba so far. We will confirm and work something out.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 9:45am On Jan 05, 2017
Bigdan3550:
wonderful business idea, I'm joyfully in, Name:DANIEL EJIOGU, I base in Benue state Makurdi to be precise, I'm interested pls remember me

Makurdi, you are welcome. I however dont think you will handle Makurdi alone because of the size of the town. The two sides of the bridge wil have to be adequately covered. We must also not forget the smaller towns like Gboko and Katsina-Ala that have significant purchasing power. Do remember that everything adds up ultimately.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 9:48am On Jan 05, 2017
biggal:
Am in based in ph abuloma

Good. This is my sister in my hood. I used to sell a lot in that neighbourhood but you can now have it. trust me the Abuloma, Slaughter, Woji, Trans Amadi axis is a seriously pregnant territory.

3 Likes

Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Karin001(f): 9:49am On Jan 05, 2017
Dexpro:

I am still waiting expectantly for your discourse.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Yoyostic: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2017
Interested,I'm in Lokoja.Thanks.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by wonderiyke(m): 10:20am On Jan 05, 2017
Hi Karin. I'm Ikenna representing Rumuola/Rumuokwuta axis, Port Harcourt.
Re: From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) by Homoviator: 10:56am On Jan 05, 2017
Greetings Karin! God bless you for such innovative contribution to humanity. I'm Anthony, I base in Ilorin, Kwara State.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy / We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors / 100 Ways To Make Cash Online FREE INFO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.