Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,177 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? (6674 Views)

Poll: Will It Ever Happen?

Yes: 73% (34 votes)
No: 26% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

A Young Chinese Girl Hugged Buhari So Tight / How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Mrblazer(m): 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2009
From the day my father was born till date only the old men have been ruling this country. Are the young ones not capable of ruling? Maybe Nigeria will only change if a young man is the president. Thanks
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by OBVIOUS(m): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2009
Young ones are abroad------ the others are here on NLd.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by ChapelleS: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
Is yar'adua an old man.the guy is sick thats why he is like that
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Mrblazer(m): 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2009
Yaradua is above 50. Is dat young?
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by saintneo(m): 9:09am On Nov 21, 2009
@poster you've ask one big question even the young people will want to avoid.

However, Gowon@29 remains the youngest of all the rulers we've had. Currently, only recyclization of associate rulers of the 70s and installation of their prodigies is what we are practising today. These rulers are the group that were in-charge during the civil war. It's only when we either reject them or eliminate them that Nigeria will start enjoy leadership and not rulership.

To all young men and women, in NL, Nigeria or Abroad; we need to stand up to ensure that Yar'adua remains their last prodigy.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by onyengbu1(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2009
Thats why you should vote soludo in 2015.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by nex(m): 10:46am On Nov 21, 2009
Gowon was young when he became President and he's one of those who started the decay of the country. Yes he was.

In the near future, we'll have men in their late 30's and early 40's become President. Remember that it takes time to climb up the ladder of governance. We also need to change some of our laws cos one needs to be at least 31 to contest in House of Representatives elections. After serving a first tenure, such individual is 35 after second tenure, 39 years. After first tenure in the senate 43 nears old. After first tenure in governorship, 47 if they can possibly get into vice presidency, then first and second tenures as vice president will make the presidential aspirant has aged up to 57 years.

By the way, let's remember that not every elections converted by the aspirant will be won.

Now there are people like ASUU extending retirement age and we're looking at them. So we keep the senior citizens in circulation for longer and allow them to keep pegging entry age higher and higher.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by koolchicco: 11:59am On Nov 21, 2009
We already have Young Governors, ergo I reckon its very possible to have a young Presido eventually.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by GTay(m): 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2009
OBVIOUS:

Young ones are abroad------ the others are here on NLd.
shocked shocked shocked grin very funny
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by german007(m): 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2009
@mr blazer

What is your idea of young?, Barack obama?.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by denony(m): 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2009
unless that group of old men, who started it since independence is scraped out
nothing will be done, next tenure will be one of babangida's, or yar'dua's, or abacha's, or obasanjo's
or buhari's, or abubakar's. etc

that caucus must be out before we dream of young leadership
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by IbrahimB: 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2009
Yaradua is above 50. Is dat young?

Not old either.

A young president doesn't automatically give you a good president.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by clemiss(m): 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
nigeria president should not be more than 40yrs it will help us a long way.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by IbrahimB: 1:33pm On Nov 21, 2009
nigeria president should not be more than 40yrs it will help us a long way.

How will it help us?
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2009
i woke up this morning and im feeling happy! smiley
its time for a young man who has his HEAD ON STRAIGHT to rule Nigeria.
not all these foolish old men.
or maybe even a woman? but thats FARRRRR away from now.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by german007(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2009
Firstly, Nigerians as a whole have to get rid of this "Im older than you". "you're a small boy", " "hey young man" "hey respect my age" "hey im more experienced than you". mentality. Age itself is nothing but a number.

"EVEN IF YOU DONT RESPECT A MAN, RESPECT HIS POSITION"
"Niccolo Machiavelli"

Regards
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2009
german007:

Firstly, Nigerians as a whole have to get rid of this "Im older than you". "you're a small boy", " "hey young man" "hey respect my age" "hey im more experienced than you". mentality. Age itself is nothing but a number.

"EVEN IF YOU DONT RESPECT A MAN, RESPECT HIS POSITION"
"Niccolo Machiavelli"

Regards
GBAM!! i like the use of colors too. lol smiley
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by coolier(f): 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2009
If they wake up from their slumbers!
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by djayxpro: 6:48pm On Nov 21, 2009
i think a young man can if some rules are changed,
i don't think u can become a governor, sayless, president until age 40,
so if you want to get there young, keep your youthful spirit till your 40+, we really need people who are old but think young so things can change
OLD MEN ONLY THINK OF HOW TO STEAL CASH AND SPEND IT AS IT COMES!! GOOD LUCK!!
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by TippyTop(m): 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
@Poster
Policy in most countries is the determining factor in coming to power not age. Would you vote for a young and handsome thief? (I think you would).
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2009
I dont see that much difference between these so-called younger men on Nl and the "older men" they're criticizing.

If most of these ones get a govt position they'll spend their days siphoning public funds for expensive cars, drugs, real estate and women.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by olalekan1(m): 7:23pm On Nov 21, 2009
Yes we can have a young president if we practice a free and fair election.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
tpia.:

I dont see that much difference between these so-called younger men on Nl and the "older men" they're criticizing.

If most of these ones get a govt position they'll spend their days siphoning public funds for expensive cars, drugs, real estate and women.
what the hell are you talking about?
was anyone talking about the young men on nairaland ??
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2009
fashola for president 2015(after his lagos sate term is over)  cool

after eko atlantic city
after lagos energy city
24hours electricty- lagos state is producing transformers now grin
lekki free trade zone
capital city mall
fix mainland
badagry commercial site for tourist
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Secretz(f): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2009
Yes!! I foresee a young man of about 30-35 years old becoming president of Nigeria. grin
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by german007(m): 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2009
@amaka,

Lol, I have no no idea what the dude was on about myself,
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2009
german007:

@amaka,

Lol, I have no no idea what the dude was on about myself,
tpia. is an older woman.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by hackney(m): 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2009
@poster.
IBB's son has a chance
(And he shall be called Zidane!!)
grin grin grin
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by KnowAll(m): 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2009
The Eton-Oxford-Cambridge Guys are taking over in the UK in the next Political dispensation, the oldest guy amongst the set of young guns that will be running Britain is probabaly 48, the average age is 44 years. And I believe they will re-position Britain and move Britain forward. If it can happen in Britain it can happen in Nigeria.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Beaf: 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2009
What is the guarantee that a younger person would not be worse than the present crop? Elumelu, Dimeji Bankole etc are young, but rotten.

The only way younger politicians can take over in Nigeria, is by forming their very own political party backed by modern communications, bravery and community level footwork. Anything else is a waste of time, the age of our politicians is steadily rising as the old guard hang on for dear life.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by german007(m): 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2009
@knowall.

Are you referring to David Cameron?
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by back2back(f): 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2009
Gowon was 29years old when he became Nigeria Head of state!

So nobody can beat this record any more!

He got married at 31 during the civil war!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dame Patience Jonathan Cautions Envoys' Wives Over Utterances / Indigenous People Of Biafra-ipob Carrying Out A Peaceful Protest Today In Aba / Enugu Guber Candidates Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi’s Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.