Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com (21742 Views)

Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! / Income Of Nigerian Churches Plummets As Recession Hits Members / "Buhari Will End Recession In 2017" - Olumba Olumba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by Kingstel(m): 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
DemonMonkey7:
Aunty, Pls try and verify terms before opening your mouth to allow ignorance jump out , Visit DUNAMIS ull understand that we don't understand what recession is... that is how its supposed to be,
Rubbish.
That has been planned for even before recession, but go and ask the project manager whether or not that's costing him/her more to complete by more than 30%. So, they need more funds. Where will that come from? From members, right?

Being wealthy is NOT by religion!!!
#AmAChristianToo
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by IVORY2009(m): 12:36pm On Jan 02, 2017
[s]
DropShot:
Way to go.

End of impunity of using stolen/looted money to sow the seed.

Thank you Buhari. cheesy cheesy cheesy
[/s]

who told u so....
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by leofab(f): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2017
Okay
candidbabe:
Chai
What's this bishop saying? Anyway he is a Catholic priest so I am not surprised. So the bishop does not know that as the redeemed of the lord we are operating under heavens economy
#teamwinnersfamily
#mycaseisdifferent
#teamnorecession
go and sit down .. heaven economy and your pastor is taking physical cash..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by GameCity: 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
i seeee cool

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by candidbabe(f): 1:02pm On Jan 02, 2017
Zedoo:

And what is this??
Pathetic Christianity.
Cultism in the house of God.

So "Catholics" now gat a problem simply because they're"Catholics" and all "winners" family are operating in "heaven's economy"...??

Stop worshipping your pastor and congregational belonging and start following Jesus Christ.

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by riczy(m): 1:18pm On Jan 02, 2017
May our 2017 be a blessed one
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2017
candidbabe:
Chai
What's this bishop saying? Anyway he is a Catholic priest so I am not surprised. So the bishop does not know that as the redeemed of the lord we are operating under heavens economy
#teamwinnersfamily
#mycaseisdifferent
#teamnorecession
Una no go ever tire on top catholics matter. The energy you waste in bashing us can be used in winning souls for Christ. In all you do let your life reflect Christ. Be loving and accommodating of those that do not share your beliefs ok. Admitting there's a problem is the first step to a solution. And Christ in Matt 7:7 asks us to seek and we shall find because even He knows that we will always be in need. That's my candid speech

1 Like

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by tiwiex(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2017
DropShot:
Way to go.

End of impunity of using stolen/looted money to sow the seed.

Thank you Buhari. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Let's assume I agree with u. Where is d money Buhari is holding on to? Was the budget fully implemented? We're there major achievements. Is there inflation or not? So, what exactly are u praising him for?

1 Like

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by idesylvester(m): 1:47pm On Jan 02, 2017
Be there deceiving yaself, people who worship in those churches r they not leaving in this country? Only the truth will set us free... And pls don't allow buhari to hear that b4 he will increase the cost of things again... Na beg I beg
candidbabe:
Chai
#teamwinnersfamily
#mycaseisdifferent
#teamnorecession

2 Likes

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by idesylvester(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2017
Thanks for that and as for me, I will always pray to God for the increase of love to humanity regardless of where u worship... God bless Christianity, God bless Catholic, God bless Protestant, God bless redeemers, God bless winners and the rest churches... Proud Catholic boy
sane93:

Una no go ever tire on top catholics matter. The energy you waste in bashing us can be used in winning souls for Christ. In all you do let your life reflect Christ. Be loving and accommodating of those that do not share your beliefs ok. Admitting there's a problem is the first step to a solution. And Christ in Matt 7:7 asks us to seek and we shall find because even He knows that we will always be in need. That's my candid speech
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by LordaGuru: 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2017
idesylvester:
Thanks for that and as for me, I will always pray to God for the increase of love to humanity regardless of where u worship... God bless Christianity, God bless Catholic, God bless Protestant, God bless redeemers, God bless winners and the rest churches... Proud Catholic boy
Exactly my dear. May love always dwell in our hearts against all odds in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by Abaje195(m): 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
amJoe:
The Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Minna, Most Rev. Martin Uzorukwu, has said that churches cannot accomplish their projects due to the nation’s current economic recession.

Uzorukwu said this in an interview in Minna on Sunday.

According to him, the economic recession is a challenge to everybody, including the church,
because some churches have projects to accomplish but cannot do so because of the
recession.

The cleric said the more the recession affected the church members, the more it affected the church.

“The recession is an issue every church in Nigeria is committing to God in prayer because the church needs money for the work of God and for charity.

“If patients go to hospitals, only to tell stories that they can’t pay hospital bills, the church writes it off for them,’’ he said.

According to him, the recession has “increased our burden in paying school fees for many indigent students that their parents can’t help any longer.

“You do know that I am a Bishop and not a Principal or an Headmaster. So, if we continue to offset bills for people, how can we maintain our schools, hospitals and then pay the staff.

“The burden of the recession is taking its high toll on us and we are not relenting in prayers as we expect a radical turn around in this year 2017,’’ the cleric said.

Uzorukwu urged Nigerians to pray for the nation’s leaders to enable them to contribute their best to the development of the country.

“There is need for them to know that they are the servants of the people and servants of God.

”The commonwealth God has given to the country is for everybody,” he said.

http://www.trudigest.com/2017/01/recession-hits-churches-as-incomes.html

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by SKYGMAN: 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
are their sources of finance not from heaven as they claimed again? or no faith again.looters are now scarce and so no huge seed offerings any more bishop!! self greedy projects of fat living outta people's misery.
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2017
Cletus77:

would you worship in a building that z about to fall?
What are you even saying?
You can worship anywhere. Even Jacob (when he fought with an angel) was waiting upon the Lord was it done under a building
Abraham was a father of faith and had one on one discussion with God. Was it under a building
Moses met God through a burning bush, was it under a shelter?
Built people in turn they will build a place.
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by zedman1(m): 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2017
candidbabe:
Chai
#teamwinnersfamily
#mycaseisdifferent
#teamnorecession
This kind of post could make an ex-athiest immediately jump back to their old ways. Wetin dem de give SOME of una (especially women) chop for church sef?? That's how my sister keeps saying she's 'rich' but we all know she's in deep poo. Her actually rich pastors Sef have never helped as much as I know but keep making her believe she's rich. Give her 5k she go jump reach moon. No recession abi?.....before you quote one bible passage for me know that my reasoning above are inspired from the Bible too.

1 Like

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by greatiyk4u(m): 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
candidbabe:
Chai
#teamwinnersfamily
#mycaseisdifferent
#teamnorecession

Quite a pity how low u reason in this century
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by Cletus77(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

You can worship anywhere. Even Jacob (when he fought with an angel) was waiting upon the Lord was it done under a building
Abraham was a father of faith and had one on one discussion with God. Was it under a building
Moses met God through a burning bush, was it under a shelter?
Built people in turn they will build a place.
Those people had God direct messages, you gather so that you may know what to do to grow your faith by hearing from people like those you mentioned.
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
myners007:
Why are the Mosques not complaining?
Good question.
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by Temysteve(m): 3:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
2dugged:
nah nah, I am not called fir that o,but there are willing people who are willing to leave the comfort of clothes city just no support
Everyone is called to evangelize, no segregation in the work of an evangelist. So its up to you to preach the gospel as someone has done to you sometimes ago. Its not mandatory to be in a rural area. Saying ''Jesus Loves You'' alone is an evangelism.
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by brojoshua: 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
The churches are bankrupt of life (because it is dead and congregations of the dead), truth, righteousness, justice and mercy, the real and the true thing, but are lamenting because they are no longer prospering with the treasures of this world again, because the looting has stopped to some extent and the looters are no longer bringing their loots.
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by brojoshua: 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2017
Usually the corrupt church has been prospering in earthly things in a very corrupt Nigeria but now that corruption is being fought at least a little in Nigeria, the false church will surely be in recession too, its corrupt channel of income being cut or blocked. But as for the people of God He takes care of all His even in the worst time.
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by Syphax(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
candidbabe:
Chai
#teamwinnersfamily
#mycaseisdifferent
#teamnorecession
How are your pastors better than the Catholic priests?

1 Like

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by benzion72(m): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2017
No comments
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by halegbs: 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
kisswhat goes around comes around. those politicians attend church, if they had been sincerely preached to, things may not have turned out this way.
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 03, 2017
candidbabe:
Chai
#teamwinnersfamily
#mycaseisdifferent
#teamnorecession

Yup! Your case is very different, brainwashed follower.

1 Like

Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 03, 2017
Temysteve:
Everyone is called to evangelize, no segregation in the work of an evangelist. So its up to you to preach the gospel as someone has done to you sometimes ago. Its not mandatory to be in a rural area. Saying ''Jesus Loves You'' alone is an evangelism.
alright
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by DemonMonkey7(m): 9:33am On Jan 03, 2017
Kingstel:
May God bless this Bishop.
Many fake pastors and some fake members be feeling like recession is not affecting them since they are children of God.
If it is affecting Dangote, who else e no affect? undecided
͵͵͵͵͵͵͵͵͵͵͵͵

Rubbish.
That has been planned for even before recession, but go and ask the project manager whether or not that's costing him/her more to complete by more than 30%. So, they need more funds. Where will that come from? From members, right?

Being wealthy is NOT by religion!!!
#AmAChristianToo

#RaBish...planned for before recession? but the project escalated during the recession and not before? av u wondered why? oh enough funds were stored? when there are many project going on asides from the building?@ "Being wealthy is NOT by religion!!!" u really need to rephrase.... lol..@ #AmAChristianToo.. I really wonder what kind! maybe d clan of those who don't pay tithes for fear that it wil make the pastor wealthy. .. #receiveAnIMPARTATIONoFSense!.
Re: Recession Hits Churches As Incomes Dwindle - Trudigest.com by nemynely(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
@
Chai
#teamwinnersfamily
#mycaseisdifferent
#teamnorecession

i really don't understand why some see realism as a defeatist attitude. are u saying there is no recession? if u operate heaven's economy, then drop the naira, dollar, pound or whichever currency u transact with and use heaven's currency(only if u know what it looks like/is called). Admitting something exists does not translate to accepting it. e.g, one takes ill, and instead of saying "i am not feeling well", u end up saying "i am strong". honestly, i really don't get it. seems to me that some are simple delusional.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race / Are We Truly Safe, When We Commit Sin With Condoms? / Will Females Using Attachments, Jewellery And Trouser Go To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.