Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: (4612 Views)

Poll: Will Nigeria make it passt the group stage?

Yes?: 91% (33 votes)
No?: 8% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

FIFA U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Croatia 1 - 2 (Live) / U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 / Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by youngbest(m): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2009
~Borat~:

I'm surprised nigerians have not jumped up and started shouting[b] "Group OF Death!, Group of Death![/b]
Trying to justify their imminent failure
like it or not, we have got the easiest draw after angola's group
The toughest group has to be CIV-Ghana group
grin grin
Like it or not we don dey get sense,
na only egypt i dey fear but dis is naija
benin and mozaambique can always beat us,
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by U1(m): 11:16am On Nov 21, 2009
Now we shall see who is going to save them now. By the way, don't write off the Beninoise and since Egypt will not be going to the world cup next year, expect war! Only a miracle will save the under-performing Eagles and their coach.
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by centrica: 11:30am On Nov 21, 2009
Supereagle, take it or leave it Amodu is not the best coach for this average super chicken players, we need to win matches not draw, try and samples thousands of soccer loving nigerians, you will see that alot of them are calling for AMODU replacement, try and understand the fact that nobody has any thing against this man, but he still lack some fundamentals and Tactics in football. otherwise, why must he stick to some players like Seyi Olifinjanan, Kanu Nwako, John utaka, even Yobo, and some others, all these players should not have any bizness in the team again, but this man keep on using most of them. My friend we need Hungry, determine, skillfull, and good Tactical players, not the bunch of average players Amodu is still parading.The truth is that ,we dont really need a foreign coach; but their are still talented indiginous coach up there that are better than shaibu, only the so call NFF can search for that 'MOSSES'.
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by otokx(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2009
I like the 2010 Nations cup draw as it will offer the African representatives to the world cup a competitive arena to assess themselves. AMODU not withstanding the performance of the super eagles should be allowed to take them to the mundial.
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by mukina2: 11:44am On Nov 21, 2009
RuuDie:

CIV vs GHANA. . . . . . hmmmmmm mouth-watering!
sure this will be a very tough match.
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by mrofficial(m): 1:33pm On Nov 21, 2009
Amodu, time you breathe heavily.

You must take the super-eagles to final before we can believe you.
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2009
nigeria owes mozambique grin
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by honeric01(m): 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2009
All the way to semi-final
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by deb(m): 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2009
When will some of you  stop thinking primitively and myopically, replacing Amodu is not the solution , Berti Vogts came around, what did we gain from him, this man, Amodu came on board, he got us something,people like you still want him out after working in stressful condition.
Our boys should step up their games, Nigeria will start flying again.

What are you talking about? The problem of Nigeria is always doing things with a fire Brigade approach. A GOOD foreign coach is our solution now and we should not expect him to perform miracle in a short time then sack him if he fails.
There is something called the law of process before you achieve success until we learn to adapt ourselves to that law we will never improve.
On Amodu, he should never have been our coach in the first place because he lacks everything a good coach should have and its a disgrace that he is the super eagles coach in the first place that is why we qualified with the help of another nation and not his technical input.

As much as i hate fire brigade, i can tell that a world class foreign coach in a short time is better than an Amodu. Trust me when it gets to the highest level even Siasia that I respect may falter against the more experienced foreign coaches of other national

LET US HAVE A LONG TERM GOAL FOR OUR FOOTBALL AND EMPLOY THE BEST COACH FOR A STRAIGHT FIVE YEARS OR MORE AND WE CAN EASILY WIN ALL THE TROPHIES IN FOOTBALL
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by Jarus(m): 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2009
The toughest group is the Ghana-CIV-Togo-B/Faso group, and our group the second toughest.

I can't wait to watch Ghana-CIV play. CIV have whipped our asses twice in the last two editions, and Ghanaians have not stopped making jest of us, I want the Elephants to whip Ghana's ass too. But pls remind me o, didn't Ghana beat CIV in third place of last edition?

As regards our group, see Eagles hardly lose to minnows in ANC. We may have played draw or lost to Sierra Leone, Equiatorial Guinea, Niger, Angola etc in ANC/WC qualifying series, the men are always separated from the boys in ANC. We have only lost to Cameroun(2000,penalty), Senegal(2002), Morocco(2004), Tunisia,(2004,penalty), Ghana(2006) in recent editions of ANC and these are big teams in African football. So it's a big joke to say Benin or Moz, no matter their form, will beat the Super Eagles in Angola.

I personally like this group. At least we can test our strenght against Egypt, which has been dominating African football in recent time. Also, we'll be able to test our strenght against Mozambique on a neutral ground. We struggled to beat them in Abuja and had to rely on referee's error to play draw with them in Maputo. Now, it's a neutral ground.

VERDICT: Barring meeting CIV before final, SE to get to final.
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by Horus(m): 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by Doyin2(m): 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2009
nigeria owes mozambique                    

This is another very shallow reasoning indeed!Anyway I still believe NAIRALANDERS are more of intellectuals.

Why did Mosambique not allow Tunisia to beat them at home and perhaps with Kenya beating Nigeria,then Kenya could have qualified for the ANC! The qualifiers were a round robin schedule where the final matches are as crucial as the first.

Now facing the real issue,I still believe in the'' oldies" in this group to qualify for the next round:Nigeria and Egypt.

And still on Amodu's issue:Could a foreign coah have done better than shuaibu,when every country wants to go to world cup and thus must put up their best against countries like Nigeria.

Nigeria and CIV remains the only countries that did not loose any match throughout the qualifiers.Shuaibu won 9 matches and drew three!Waoo,I appreciate u Shuaibu,thank u and well done!

Bring a french coach so that we could have qualifed with the hand of God or is it that of Satan? angry angry angry
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by dfanthom(m): 10:43am On Nov 22, 2009
i hope naija performs well in the tournament this time around, for all the folks that want Amodu out should have a rethink! even the legendary Guus Hiddink couldn't take russia to the World Cup, let's give one of our own a chance. i'm sure Amodu will do better than Modakeke High chief, baba onigbinde of korea-japan 2002.
i implicitly believe that he can do it if given the necessary support like undergoing @ least 2 coaching courses b4 te WC. also, NFF has a role to play & if they get it wrong, every other thing will go wrong! i also suggest that the guy should polish his personality be more charismatic than Avram Grant.

GOD HELP NAIJA!

wink
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by ow11(m): 11:15am On Nov 22, 2009
deb:

What are you talking about? The problem of Nigeria is always doing things with a fire Brigade approach. A GOOD foreign coach is our solution now and we should not expect him to perform miracle in a short time then sack him if he fails.
There is something called the law of process before you achieve success until we learn to adapt ourselves to that law we will never improve.
On Amodu, he should never have been our coach in the first place because he lacks everything a good coach should have and its a disgrace that he is the super eagles coach in the first place that is why we qualified with the help of another nation and not his technical input.

As much as i hate fire brigade, i can tell that a world class foreign coach in a short time is better than an Amodu. Trust me when it gets to the highest level even Siasia that I respect may falter against the more experienced foreign coaches of other national

LET US HAVE A LONG TERM GOAL FOR OUR FOOTBALL AND EMPLOY THE BEST COACH FOR A STRAIGHT FIVE YEARS OR MORE AND WE CAN EASILY WIN ALL THE TROPHIES IN FOOTBALL

This post is so funny. You do not like fire brigade approach but still suggesting a fire brigade approach

Make up your mind bro! wink
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by Tcrack(m): 11:31am On Nov 22, 2009
I dont see us having any problems if we prepare well.
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by tolu10: 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2009
Am tired of hearing that foreign coaches will solve all our answers. It's such a colonial way of thinking. Whenever, we have problems. The easiest solution is to run to master (foreign coach) for a solution.Fine, we agree that we need improvement in our coaching staff but we need to learn to train and promote from within Nigeria.The same goes for education, health care,fashion, health care, e.t.c
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by mamagee3(f): 10:17pm On Nov 22, 2009
I hope they don't embarass themselves there. undecided
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by Nezan(m): 11:58am On Nov 23, 2009
And Ahmodu will carry us to the Nations cup? . . angry . .
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by andyty(m): 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2009
It's not a really a tough group, super eagles can come out of that group if they are serious and play the way Nigerians know they can play, i.e giving their best and not thinking about their clubs or fighting over money. Mozambique will be tough, Egypt will want to show their class and vent their anger of not qualifying for the world cup on the teams in their group and Benin are no push-overs. Nigeria shoulb be careful.
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by omar22(m): 12:41pm On Nov 23, 2009
On the 4th of December… the world cup draw would take place! Let’s say Nigeria was grouped with England, Denmark and Paraguay….

At the next Nations Cup, Fabio Capello and Co would be watching our matches at the world cup with a glee on their faces, thinking we have nothing to worry about.

If we fumble, Amodu gets the sack… Then we would be in the same situation we were when Onigbinde was drafted in, he started inviting players like Macclesfield’s George Abbey, Crews Efe Sodje, the worst striker in England then Akinbiyi. It was mess friendly games with Ireland, Scotland, and Jamaica…. We were a joke back then,  and that’s what's going to happen…

We have a manager who doesn’t want to use Danny Shittu because he didn’t want to bribe his way into the nation team.

Good luck to us
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by dhamie2009(m): 2:27pm On Nov 23, 2009
LETS JUST HOPE 4 THE CUP, even if we are coached by amodu or hiddink,

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by Marymos: 2:36pm On Nov 23, 2009
Nigeria falls into a tough group.Mozambique is a team to beat and they are not push over.We have to watch it if not we are not going to qualify from our group.All those calling for the sack of Amodu are people that are quick to forget history.How can you call for the sack of a coach that did not loose even a single match through out the qualification series?We've easily forgotten BORA and Beti vogts too soon.Mark my words,if Amodu is sacked,Nigeria will experience the worst performance in the history of nation cup and world cup.
However if Amodu perform woefully at tha nations cup,a technical adviser should be employ to assist him.
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by omar22(m): 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2009
Nigeria falls into a tough group.Mozambique is a team to beat and they are not push over.We have to watch it if not we are not going to qualify from our group.All those calling for the sack of Amodu are people that are quick to forget history.How can you call for the sack of a coach that did not loose even a single match through out the qualification series?We've easily forgotten BORA and Beti vogts too soon.Mark my words,if Amodu is sacked,Nigeria will experience the worst performance in the history of nation cup and world cup.
However if Amodu perform woefully at tha nations cup,a technical adviser should be employ to assist him.

you would see for your self in Angola,
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by vikiviko(m): 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2009
I heard Amodu has only lost one grade A match as a Super EAGLES Coach in his all together matches in the national team.

True/False

If True may that luck see him thru to Angola and South Africa.
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by youngbest(m): 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2009
vikiviko:

I heard Amodu has only lost one grade A match as a Super EAGLES Coach in his all together matches in the national team.

True/False

If True may that luck see him thru to Angola and South Africa.
true
against columbia
wit mighty yak squandering all scoring chances
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by deb(m): 11:30am On Nov 26, 2009
This post is so funny. You do not like fire brigade approach but still suggesting a fire brigade approach

Make up your mind bro!

If getting a GOOD foreign coach in a short time is best for us then I have to bend my rules there because its for the good of the nation but the new coach should not be sacked for any reason considering the time of employment. That is obeying the law of process. Amodu has had enough time and yet he does not have a starting 11 team of his. na so so gamble we dey see
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by NigeriaUSA(m): 1:27am On Nov 27, 2009
GO GO Nigeria! Cheers from the US!
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by ow11(m): 8:33am On Nov 27, 2009
deb:

If getting a GOOD foreign coach in a short time is best for us then I have to bend my rules there because its for the good of the nation but the new coach should not be sacked for any reason considering the time of employment. That is obeying the law of process. Amodu has had enough time and yet he does not have a starting 11 team of his. na so so gamble we dey see

That's unfair. Amodu's starting 11 would look like this if all players are fit.

Enyeama; Odiah, Yobo, Adeleye, Taiwo; Olofinjana, Mikel; Odemwengie, Martins, I. Uche; Fatkubu

No national team has a constant 11 due to form and injuries but at least you would agree that given a full complement of players, Amodu and indeed any foreign coach would pick 8-9 of the players I wrote above to start any given game.
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 27, 2009
I av a believe dat dis Eagles team will do well @ d ANC.They seems 2 always perform when d odds are against them.We should be optimistic but we shldn't let the optimism get d better of us.

On Amodu, dont let us judge him yet.Lets see what he can achieve at the nations cup.My pple,we are tired of 3rd place,WE WANT THE CUP!
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by FBS: 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2009
30 Eagles To Regroup In Abuja December 27. Team To Jet Out To Training Camp December 30

Super Eagles players are expected to converge on Abuja to commence camping for the 2010 Orange African Nations Cup finals in Angola from December 27 through 29 and fly to South Africa on the 30th.

Complete Sports can report that 30 players will be invited for the trip to South Africa and subsequent camping in the Rainbow Nation.
The Eagles were last Friday grouped alongside current African champions Egypt, Mozambique and Benin Republic in Group C of the Nations Cup.

Head coach, Shuaibu Amodu had disclosed immediately after the Nations Cup draw that his team will camp in South Africa for both the Nations Cup and World Cup finals.
Coach Shuaibu Amodu drew a 50-man list to prosecute his Nations Cup and World Cup qualifiers and the 30-man squad billed to report to camp will be from the list.
Amodu used 32 players during the first and last phase of qualifiers to the 2010 Nations/World Cup finals.
http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/2009/11/30-eagles-to-regroup-in-abuja-december-27-team-to-jet-out-to-training-camp-december-30/
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by emiwanlee(m): 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2009
They can only win one match and that match is against Benin, that is if they are seroius enough to know that they should win the match
Re: 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2009
^^^Kai,stop dat! Why do u fink it will be easy against Benin. I can assure u dat we will over run Egypt & Mozambique and maybe Bleep against Benin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ORDEGA Or YAKUBU AIYEGBENI Who's Better / How To Play Baba Ijebu / Top 10 Most Educated Footballers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.