Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos (29800 Views)

Need A Peaceful And Comfortable Environment In This 2019. Surulere Is The Place! / Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? / Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Godson201333(m): 7:09am On Jan 03, 2017
Does yaba and surulere looks thesame pr what are u Talking about ??

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by raphy(m): 7:10am On Jan 03, 2017
Goodmorning house .*now playing*
SURULERE by dr Sid ft.don jazzy
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by mykelly(m): 7:13am On Jan 03, 2017
If you don't do drugs you won't know where they connect.....just thinking
Jalubarika:
Until Dalong or Buhari eat in Surulere without security. Then I'll believe surulere is secured.
Surulere is a hub where drug abusers connect in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by PETUK(m): 7:16am On Jan 03, 2017
Alexandrason:
If you live in Lagos State and you have not been or heard of Surulere, chances are you live under a rock. A residential and commercial local government area located in the state, Surulere is one of the most exclusive areas on Lagos Mainland.
Aside from the fact that Surulere is known as the sports city of Lagos, seeing as it houses two international sport venues, some of the most famous streets in Lagos State such as Adeniran Ogunsanya, Adelabu, Ogunlana Drive, Bode-Thomas and Eric Moore, are found within the district.

If you are a lover of Nigerian music or you are active on the Nigerian social scene, you may have heard lines and comments affirming Surulere as one of the best places to live in Lagos. And if you are wondering why the district is so acclaimed, we share 5 possible reasons Surulere is the best place to live in Lagos.
It is mid-point between Lagos Mainland and Island
Has a diversity of people
Has the best street food in LagosAll Posts
Full of independent businesses
Active nightlife

1. It is mid-point
Surulere serves as a mid-point between the island and mainland. Credit: LSG
Surulere serves as a mid-point between the island and mainland. Credit: LSG
Surulere is undoubtedly one of the key transport nodes of Lagos, as it connects the city’s mainland with Lagos Island and Victoria Island. Basically, it serves as a mid-point between the Island and Mainland and living there ensures you have quick and easy access to both areas.

2. Diversity
Desmond Elliot, Odunlade Adekola during a session with the people of Surulere Constituency 1. Credit: Various
Desmond Elliot, Odunlade Adekola during a session with the people of Surulere Constituency 1. Credit: Various
Surulere is full of ALL types of people. Young families, grandparents, politicians, struggling musicians, millennials, students, Igbo people, Hausa natives – you name it; they all live in Surulere and they all love it. It is very easy to fit into the different neighborhoods within the district without fear of segregation or any form of culture shock.

3. The best street food in Lagos
Media expert Olisa Adibua eating at a buka in Surulere. Photo: Various
Media expert Olisa Adibua eating at a buka in Surulere. Credit: Various
It is no secret that the best of Lagos street food can be found in Surulere and at the best rates too. On the hunt for the best shawarma, to the best suya, people travel from as far as the Lekki Peninsula to Surulere for a palatable and affordable taste. Surulere also has more local independent restaurants and bukkas than it is possible to choose from, and you most rank very highly among the best places to eat authentic meals in Lagos.

4. Surulere is full of independent businesses
Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg made a stop at Co-Creation Hub (CcHub) in Yaba, Lagos during his first visit to Africa. Credit: IG
Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg made a stop at Co-Creation Hub (CcHub) in Yaba, Lagos during his first visit to Africa. Credit: IG
Aside from restaurants and bars, there are so many businesses, in all sorts of industries, based in Surulere. You will find clothing stores, interior design boutiques, car dealers e.t.c among other business in this district, and not only will you get spoilt with choice when it comes to buying locally but there are plenty of opportunities for jobs too.
The most popular street in the district that harbours some of these independent businesses is Adeniran Ogunsanya. There is literally nothing you cannot find on the street and all are of good quality too.

5. Active nightlife
When Nollywood actress Inem Peter got hosted to a birthday gig at the X Factor Lounge in Surulere. Credit: Various
When Nollywood actress Inem Peter got hosted to a birthday gig at the X Factor Lounge in Surulere. Credit: Various
You will never be bored at night if you live in Surulere. There is a load of great bars, lounges, and pubs…and most importantly, there is good security in most of the areas. You find clubs where you can stumble along to for a dance on a rogue Tuesday night, as well other bars that open from 10am to 4am every single day including Sundays.

Source: https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/5-reasons-surulere-is-the-best-place-to-live-in-lagos/?utm_source=naraland&utm_campaign=nairaland03_01_2017&utm_medium=blog

Stories, there is no place like AJ City I rep Ajekunle City
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Jalubarika(m): 7:17am On Jan 03, 2017
mykelly:
If you don't do drugs you won't know where they connect.....just thinking
Hmmm, got me thinking.
I'll get back tyu when I'm done. I need finish the last part of this Fish. BRB
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Chukazu: 7:30am On Jan 03, 2017
you forgot the most important thing, Suru Lere by far has the best road network, you can't get stuck in traffic except you don't know your way.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by EmekaBlue(m): 7:36am On Jan 03, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by JABB(m): 7:36am On Jan 03, 2017
Absolutely, Gbagada is the mid point of Lagos.I don't know where OP got it's fact from

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Petril(m): 7:38am On Jan 03, 2017
Clap For Ya Self
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by lekkie073(m): 7:46am On Jan 03, 2017
JABB:
Absolutely, Gbagada is the mid point of Lagos.I don't know where OP got it's fact from
How many motor parks and garages dey for gbagada?

When we R talking of midpoint we R not saying dat it should just stand idly in d middle. It should be a connecting point like ojuelegba in surulere.

Surulere rocks!

#proudly brought up in ojuelegba cool

8 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 03, 2017
naptu2:
Armed robbery capital of Lagos.

You mean mushin. ..
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by bakynes(m): 7:53am On Jan 03, 2017
I disagree on point number 3 which is that it has the best street food. I think anybody that knows Ebute-metta well will agree with me that it has the best street food. Amara joints everywhere, Big and fresh roasted plantain, Fresh and nice fried yam, dodo, Akara etc.
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Debikanty(m): 7:53am On Jan 03, 2017
Surfleet gini?? Weed in action

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by dikason017(m): 7:57am On Jan 03, 2017
Hv u been to other places?
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Tobycharles: 8:17am On Jan 03, 2017
From another angle
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Alexandrason(m): 8:18am On Jan 03, 2017
Chukazu:
you forgot the most important thing, Suru Lere by far has the best road network, you can't get stuck in traffic except you don't know your way.

Thanks
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 03, 2017
A poor man said that he preferred Tilapia to Stockfish, because stockfish is stronger to chew than Tilapia. The son said, "Daddy, why dont you say you cant afford stockfish" ? Suru wetin ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by kombat112: 8:21am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by ganie(m): 8:22am On Jan 03, 2017
Surulere is the heart of Lagos,it xterises of the highs and the lows. A proud lere boi here,Lawanson rocks.
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 03, 2017
God! Love Surulere especially the early mrng walk to national stadium during d weekends. Nothing can replace that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by ponti93(m): 8:26am On Jan 03, 2017
for an upcoming artiste who wants to relocate to lagos which part is the best and with reasons... Plz don't say island o
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Dsrooftiles: 8:29am On Jan 03, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by onward4life(m): 8:47am On Jan 03, 2017
paradigmshift:
I don't give a fuk...i live in Benin

Dnt think so bro...

I Rep Sakponba 2nd junction by late chief Ineh palace.

State ur hood bayelsa boy grin
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by zudozz: 8:56am On Jan 03, 2017
they no dey even argue am.
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Bellytoff(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2017
I ain't give a damn as long as i live in Okland city, kogi state
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by kjhova(m): 9:04am On Jan 03, 2017
@OP, Surulere has its own drawbacks oh. I'd list a few to my best knowledge:

1) Rainy season floods.
2) All season open and static drainages.
3) Mosquitos and rodent infection.
4) Security risks due to proximity to low end neighbourhoods like Mushin and Ojuelegba.
5) Hide out for drug dealers, fraudsters and campus cultists.
6) proliferation of hotels with "easy-virtue" services.
7) Unduly high cost of rent and leases due to proximity to Victoria Island.
cool Many streets are still clogged with old NEPA and NITEL poles and cables.
9) Water scarcity due to absence of public running water and high cost of drilling boreholes.
10) Noise pollution due to too many unplanned motorparks, public transporters, loud speakers (churches, joints and roadside sharks).

I have a feeling that if you compare SL to some newer neighbourhoods in the state, you may find that SL's supposed advantages are only meaningful to folks who work on the island but cannot afford to live on the island.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by shomutuski(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2017
I stay @ rabiatu thompson crescent..*SHITTA* Surulere is dope. your list aint complete yet until you add "PVSSY"... Shitta is full of them, from the age "18 to 25" fresh bloods.
We also have dexterity in preparing amala, that's why u hear dem olamide and co singing ebaa mi wa amala shitta.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by yomi96(m): 9:13am On Jan 03, 2017
yess oo bode Thomas na my street I rep surulere I rep lasgidi
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Alexandrason(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2017
ponti93:
for an upcoming artiste who wants to relocate to lagos which part is the best and with reasons... Plz don't say island o

To rent your dream apartment in Surulere, click on https://www.tolet.com.ng/property-for-rent/lagos/surulere?utm_source=naraland&utm_campaign=nairaland03_01_2017&utm_medium=blog
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 03, 2017
You forgot to add light! They have stable electricity supply. Except when something goes wrong. If not, you will get tired of seeing light.

Though, one negative is that most of their houses are old and outdated in structure and designs.
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by tonaydo(m): 9:49am On Jan 03, 2017
i love surulere. . .grew up in akobi cresent close to atunrase buh we have move to shibiri imude and I must say I miss surulere

surulere is the best with so many experiences. . .enugu sure pass now
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Macchiavelli(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2017
Surulere peeps be like 'we the best' and i be like 'fa fa fa fowl'

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu / Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years / Between Tenant And Landlord, Who Is Responsible For This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.