Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos (29803 Views)

Need A Peaceful And Comfortable Environment In This 2019. Surulere Is The Place! / Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? / Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by paradigmshift(m): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2017
onward4life:

Dnt think so bro...

I Rep Sakponba 2nd junction by late chief Ineh palace.

State ur hood bayelsa boy grin

did your check my profile??..
I live in airport road , inside lucky estate...
am currently in upper sakponba to see my cousins...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Alexandrason(m): 10:25am On Jan 03, 2017
Sorry guys, I just discovered that I didn't copy this right. Check out the post with pictures on https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/5-reasons-surulere-is-the-best-place-to-live-in-lagos/?utm_source=naraland&utm_campaign=nairaland03_01_2017&utm_medium=blog

Alexandrason:
If you live in Lagos State and you have not been or heard of Surulere, chances are you live under a rock. A residential and commercial local government area located in the state, Surulere is one of the most exclusive areas on Lagos Mainland.
Aside from the fact that Surulere is known as the sports city of Lagos, seeing as it houses two international sport venues, some of the most famous streets in Lagos State such as Adeniran Ogunsanya, Adelabu, Ogunlana Drive, Bode-Thomas and Eric Moore, are found within the district.

If you are a lover of Nigerian music or you are active on the Nigerian social scene, you may have heard lines and comments affirming Surulere as one of the best places to live in Lagos. And if you are wondering why the district is so acclaimed, we share 5 possible reasons Surulere is the best place to live in Lagos.
It is mid-point between Lagos Mainland and Island
Has a diversity of people
Has the best street food in LagosAll Posts
Full of independent businesses
Active nightlife

1. It is mid-point
Surulere serves as a mid-point between the island and mainland. Credit: LSG
Surulere serves as a mid-point between the island and mainland. Credit: LSG
Surulere is undoubtedly one of the key transport nodes of Lagos, as it connects the city’s mainland with Lagos Island and Victoria Island. Basically, it serves as a mid-point between the Island and Mainland and living there ensures you have quick and easy access to both areas.

2. Diversity
Desmond Elliot, Odunlade Adekola during a session with the people of Surulere Constituency 1. Credit: Various
Desmond Elliot, Odunlade Adekola during a session with the people of Surulere Constituency 1. Credit: Various
Surulere is full of ALL types of people. Young families, grandparents, politicians, struggling musicians, millennials, students, Igbo people, Hausa natives – you name it; they all live in Surulere and they all love it. It is very easy to fit into the different neighborhoods within the district without fear of segregation or any form of culture shock.

3. The best street food in Lagos
Media expert Olisa Adibua eating at a buka in Surulere. Photo: Various
Media expert Olisa Adibua eating at a buka in Surulere. Credit: Various
It is no secret that the best of Lagos street food can be found in Surulere and at the best rates too. On the hunt for the best shawarma, to the best suya, people travel from as far as the Lekki Peninsula to Surulere for a palatable and affordable taste. Surulere also has more local independent restaurants and bukkas than it is possible to choose from, and you most rank very highly among the best places to eat authentic meals in Lagos.

4. Surulere is full of independent businesses
Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg made a stop at Co-Creation Hub (CcHub) in Yaba, Lagos during his first visit to Africa. Credit: IG
Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg made a stop at Co-Creation Hub (CcHub) in Yaba, Lagos during his first visit to Africa. Credit: IG
Aside from restaurants and bars, there are so many businesses, in all sorts of industries, based in Surulere. You will find clothing stores, interior design boutiques, car dealers e.t.c among other business in this district, and not only will you get spoilt with choice when it comes to buying locally but there are plenty of opportunities for jobs too.
The most popular street in the district that harbours some of these independent businesses is Adeniran Ogunsanya. There is literally nothing you cannot find on the street and all are of good quality too.

5. Active nightlife
When Nollywood actress Inem Peter got hosted to a birthday gig at the X Factor Lounge in Surulere. Credit: Various
When Nollywood actress Inem Peter got hosted to a birthday gig at the X Factor Lounge in Surulere. Credit: Various
You will never be bored at night if you live in Surulere. There is a load of great bars, lounges, and pubs…and most importantly, there is good security in most of the areas. You find clubs where you can stumble along to for a dance on a rogue Tuesday night, as well other bars that open from 10am to 4am every single day including Sundays.

Source: https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/5-reasons-surulere-is-the-best-place-to-live-in-lagos/?utm_source=naraland&utm_campaign=nairaland03_01_2017&utm_medium=blog

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by bizhop01: 10:48am On Jan 03, 2017
SO I SHOULD MOVE FROM LEKKI TO SURULERE? you need jesus in your life
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by manikspears: 10:51am On Jan 03, 2017
Kingbuhari:
Buhari is a mad old lazy cow TUFIAKWA
Bros take am easy o
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Kingbuhari(m): 10:57am On Jan 03, 2017
manikspears:
Bros take am easy o

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 03, 2017
What's the name of this area in Surulere,where you can enjoy ibo fine home cooked food,I have really forgotten,Is it Ikosi or Ikate? Where street names like Nnewi, Obosi bears
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by lacasera14(m): 12:07pm On Jan 03, 2017
I'm disappointed, I expected to come in here and see plausible reasons but no, all I saw was bull crap. Which part of Lagos mainland lacks night life, diversity, street food and all you mentioned. Asides from the high and mighty that Carved a niche for them selves down the island, none of this activities should be polarized to surulere.
Repping ALLEN AVENUE
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Akbaba3310(m): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
Coming to leave in Abuja is only when i appreciate the planners of Surulere.

the Old Surulere

Some part of Surulere were allocated to families that were evicted from Lagos Island.
All these houses have one or two different kinds of fruit.
There are enough football ground that serves as recreation areas(Love garden, Paddington, Abebe, Ogunmola, Shitta and the Maracana aside the National Stadium and recently the Teslim Balogun Stadium).
The road network can only be compared to those in Lekki.
The Schools (Primary, secondary and HIGHER Institutions)
It was a calm place to raise kids, friendly atmosphere and truly the unique in every way.

the new Lere
Igbo smokers everywhere, mechanics taken over many recreation areas, car sellers on every corner. Not just the same surulere, maybe the name might reaffect it positively in the future.

Proud Surulere man.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by lekkie073(m): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
Akbaba3310:
Coming to leave in Abuja i

the new Lere
Igbo smokers everywhere, mechanics taken over many recreation areas, car sellers on every corner. Not just the same surulere, maybe the name might reaffect it positively in the future.

Proud Surulere man.
Still d place to be.... Surulere will always be surulere.
And to remind u dat d new surulere have a dedicated traffic warden........

Unlike fela's ojuelegba

#in anikulapo's voice# polisiman no dey for centre..... Na confusion be dati o o oh....

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by arixsto2(m): 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2017
rep akerele.
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by femimighty(m): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
For all your accomodation/housing need in Surulere and beyond,kindly contact us at Dolphin Shelters:08026251984;08179495232
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by poweredcom(m): 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
surulere is fa sure a good place to stay...

wow adeniran ogunsanya....na red light district oo full of clubs..strip joint..n who.res//// grin ;Dashewo...yakpa for night....lol

i love lere
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by ladgentle(m): 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2017
Kingbuhari:
Buhari is a mad old lazy cow TUFIAKWA

He don hear you. Ekpa.
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Kingbuhari(m): 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
ladgentle:

He don hear you. Ekpa.
pass the message across to him... ikpu ezi
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by StoneColdBiceps(m): 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
bellville:
Surulere is not midpoint. It's far from areas like Ikeja, magodo and Ojota. Gbagada is midpoint. It's close to everywhere. It's close to the Island just like Surulere and also closer to areas like Ikeja,Oshodi, Magodo, Ojota etc.

I agree with the other points.

Pls like if you agree gbagada is the central point to reach anywhere in lagos. ;

Share if Lere is cool but no security.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by kazeemolami: 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
That #1 is very true.
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by mapet: 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
wintersnow:
I hardly do this mehn....

I also hardly do this.....but I agree with you

The write up in itself is unintelligent. There is nothing distinguishing reported, just a concoction of everyday life activities found in every other places.

Lazy journalism - Surulere is home to Business, yet Zukerberg came to Yaba........and they still carried that aspect as well shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by mapet: 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
lacasera14:
I'm disappointed, I expected to come in here and see plausible reasons but no, all I saw was bull crap. Which part of Lagos mainland lacks night life, diversity, street food and all you mentioned. Asides from the high and mighty that Carved a niche for them selves down the island, none of this activities should be polarized to surulere.
Repping ALLEN AVENUE

You are absolutely correct.

Meanwhile all this Area chest-beat is absolutely unnecessary. I had felt same since my secondary school days, when fellow students will want to make you feel their area gives some superiority status......
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by yom2(m): 2:26am On Jan 04, 2017
[quote author=Loisemm post=52485588]You forgot to add light! They have stable electricity supply. Except when something goes wrong. If not, you will get tired of seeing light.

Though, one negative is that most of their houses are old and outdated in structure and designs.[/ quote u missed it here, surulere has one of d worst power supply in lagos until recent'y]
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by luswitz(f): 8:20am On Jan 05, 2017
Stanley4E:
The only interesting fact about Surulere is that its Very central. But during rainy season, u'll hate there coz of the level of flooding. Op Yaba is not under Surulere o, it's too early to lie in 2017 grin
like seriously? I wonder when yaba became surulere.
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by aamstih: 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hi guys,

Please could you suggest the best locations to reside if work location is in mushin taking the following into high cognizance and you could also state what to be wary of in the whole Eko house/ agents, agreement thingy with possible range of prices for a one bedroom flat (agreement and agent stuffs inclusive)

- Proximity to work location (highest of two connecting buses)

- Good housing facilities (security, flowing water etc)

- Nice Ambience (at least place where person go dey eager to go back house if work close based on the fresh air at home).

- And any other important and necessary factors to consider that you know of based on your street credibility smiley.

Thanks
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Alexandrason(m): 11:40am On Feb 20, 2017
aamstih:
Hi guys,

Please could you suggest the best locations to reside if work location is in mushin taking the following into high cognizance and you could also state what to be wary of in the whole Eko house/ agents, agreement thingy with possible range of prices for a one bedroom flat (agreement and agent stuffs inclusive)

- Proximity to work location (highest of two connecting buses)

- Good housing facilities (security, flowing water etc)

- Nice Ambience (at least place where person go dey eager to go back house if work close based on the fresh air at home).

- And any other important and necessary factors to consider that you know of based on your street credibility smiley.

Thanks

Hi dear,

This will help you in a great deal

https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/top-4-most-affordable-areas-to-live-in-lagos-mainland/?utm_source=nairaland&utm_campaign=nairaland20_02_2017&utm_medium=blog

I hope u find it helpful
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by aamstih: 11:54am On Feb 20, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by Homeyfav: 4:30am On Apr 05, 2018
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by khaleesi(f): 9:05am On Feb 18, 2019
kjhova:
@OP, Surulere has its own drawbacks oh. I'd list a few to my best knowledge:

1) Rainy season floods.
2) All season open and static drainages.
3) Mosquitos and rodent infection.
4) Security risks due to proximity to low end neighbourhoods like Mushin and Ojuelegba.
5) Hide out for drug dealers, fraudsters and campus cultists.
6) proliferation of hotels with "easy-virtue" services.
7) Unduly high cost of rent and leases due to proximity to Victoria Island.
cool Many streets are still clogged with old NEPA and NITEL poles and cables.
9) Water scarcity due to absence of public running water and high cost of drilling boreholes.
10) Noise pollution due to too many unplanned motorparks, public transporters, loud speakers (churches, joints and roadside sharks).

I have a feeling that if you compare SL to some newer neighbourhoods in the state, you may find that SL's supposed advantages are only meaningful to folks who work on the island but cannot afford to live on the island.

What neighbourhood will you suggest for someone working in ikoyi who wants to live on the mainland?
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by kjhova(m): 11:07am On Feb 19, 2019
khaleesi:

What neighbourhood will you suggest for someone working in ikoyi who wants to live on the mainland?

Surulere (the Akala to stadium side) is your best option despite the minuses. Otherwise you explore Yaba or the Lekki Expressway axis.
Re: 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos by simi1(m): 1:47am On Jun 30, 2020
Op I agree with you
But people living there are very stingy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu / Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years / Between Tenant And Landlord, Who Is Responsible For This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.