Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) (1101 Views)

South African Returnee Caught In Armed Robbery In Enugu / Esabienle Kingsley And Wife, Gertrude Arrested With Cocaine In Italy (Photos) / NDLEA Discovers Cocaine In Man's Anus, Ephedrine In Female Foot Wears. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by KingMicky3286: 2:03am On Jan 03, 2017
A 34-year-old motorcycle parts dealer has been arrested by anti-narcotics agents with 9.150kg of cocaine, which were concealed in the soles of foot wears being imported into the country. The arrest of the Enugu State-born suspect, identified as Okolo Emenike, was made, weekend, during the inward screening of passengers on a Turkish airline flight from Brazil, at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Commander at the Abuja Airport, Hamisu Lawan, explained that the discovery of the drugs, with an estimated value of 3.8 million pounds, which is close to half a billion Naira, was the last arrest made in year 2016.

Lawan said: “The discovery was made in a shipment of shoes during inward screening of passengers on a Turkish airline flight from Sao Paulo, Brazil. The cocaine was industrially concealed in the soles of new foot wears.” The coke wears and Okolo Emenike (right). His story During interrogation, Emenike, a father of one, disclosed that he was offered N1 million to smuggle the drugs into Nigeria.

He explained that he was forced to leave the shores of Nigeria for Brazil in search of greener pastures, when his business was experiencing a down turn, owing to recession. However, on reaching Brazil, Emenike said, “things became worse for me as I could not get a job. I had no money to sustain myself while my work permit was being processed. “I was equally confronted with the fear of deportation. This made me desperate for quick wealth. In the process, I met my childhood friend, who offered me N1million to traffic cocaine to Nigeria.

“He also paid for my ticket and gave me three bags of shoes containing the cocaine. But on arrival at the Abuja airport, the cocaine was detected and I was arrested. I had wanted to invest money offered to me in my business that failed due to recession.” NDLEA boss reacts Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Col. Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah (retd.) who commended his men for the arrest, stated that the huge profit derived from drug trafficking had made it a top priority for drug cartels to be financially incapacitated.

He said: “We must continue to take deliberate steps to intercept drugs and ultimately prevent the criminal enrichment of drug cartels. Illicit drug proceeds negatively affect economic development; it could be used to corrupt government officials and for terrorism funding thereby subjecting mankind to widespread destruction.” Describing the arrest and subsequent seizure as one of the benefits of training, Abdalla said: “The seizure is a validation of enhanced capacity of officers due to series of training programmes carried out by the agency.

“The training, covering investigation, raid operations as well as prosecution, was conducted with the assistance of the United States government, European Union and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. “This is just a tip of the iceberg, because as the benefits of these training begin to manifest, more drugs shall be detected and cartels dislodged in the days ahead.”

The NDLEA boss, therefore, appealed to stakeholders to intensify the anti-narcotic campaign, adding that the suspect would be charged to court soon.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/brazilian-returnee-caught-3-8m-worth-cocaine-hidden-foot-wears/

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by KingMicky3286: 2:09am On Jan 03, 2017
I Travelled all over the world for 22years & every Nigerian caught drug trafficking is an Igbo man Please I'm not trying to be tribalistic here but the at all cost atitude of this guys chasing money just to go & build a 3 storey building in their viallage is incomprehensable; If its not drug,its kidnapping,pimping,prostitution,fake prophets & pastors; why can't they do something legal; they gave us Nigerians bad name all over the world; that when you say you are a Nigerian; you already labelled a drug dealer shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by Aufbauh(m): 2:43am On Jan 03, 2017
And again "Eze goes to school".
Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 03, 2017
I saw flat head and d name okolo.

I just came to check the name and d head shape.

The synonym for Igbo is what

Please that's the hard assignment they gave me in school. Google wouldn't tell me the answer. But I trust nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by OJUcrook: 3:50am On Jan 03, 2017
If i say BI and you say A another man say FRA omo na you sabi.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by Nobody: 4:04am On Jan 03, 2017
People these days

Is it hard to work hard
Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by GoggleB(m): 6:18am On Jan 03, 2017
1.1 billion worth of cocaine and you just want to get 1 million you must be very very stupid.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by OsuIbo: 6:23am On Jan 03, 2017
It's our work o
Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by Kingbuhari(m): 6:33am On Jan 03, 2017
believe me this guy is Yoruba man.... Nigeria immigration and drug agencies are useless, they have been fooled once again.. Most of this guys are Yoruba's courier, Igbo drug lords are good in using them to do their dirtier illegal business once u promise them 1m for owambe they are good to go... 1m is too poor for an Igbo man who loves money and his freedom to fall for such ploy, only Yoruba's can fall sheeply once 1m is involve , it can go a long way in organizing owambe... force him to speak Igbo language u will see him spewing mgbati mgbati , when will this ppl grow sense TUFIAKWA
Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by ObikeNkem: 6:42am On Jan 03, 2017
Abu'm Nwafo Igbo, Abughi onye yoloba. As an Igbo man I will continue to say the truth I don't care if my Umunna brothers call me Yoruba or not

most of all these so called Igbo business men that sell wares at Onitsha main market, Ariara market, Alaba market, Sabon Gari Market etc are all drug pushers

most of all these so called Igbo billionares and industrialist building mansions in the East, Lagos, Kano, Port Harcourt and Abuja are all cocaine traffickers
Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by Malayy(m): 6:46am On Jan 03, 2017
KingMicky3286:
I Travelled all over the world for 22years & every Nigerian caught drug trafficking is an Igbo man Please I'm not trying to be tribalistic here but the at all cost atitude of this guys chasing money just to go & build a 3 storey building in their viallage is incomprehensable; If its not drug,its kidnapping,pimping,prostitution,fake prophets & pastors; why can't they do something legal; they gave us Nigerians bad name all over the world; that when you say you are a Nigerian; you already labelled a drug dealer shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry
oga shut, you are tribalistic, and you don't even own an international passport. we know your type..
afonjas and lies........
Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by KingMicky3286: 6:49am On Jan 03, 2017
Malayy:
oga shut, you are tribalistic, and you don't even own an international passport. we know your type..
afonjas and lies........

Thank you, E pain You... oooo

4 Likes

Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by ip2121918021(m): 7:57am On Jan 03, 2017
[sub][/sub]
Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by HtwoOw: 8:07am On Jan 03, 2017
Our brothers have blent this Brazilian guy grin
Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by ip2121918021(m): 8:10am On Jan 03, 2017
Kingbuhari:
believe me this guy is Yoruba man.... Nigeria immigration and drug agencies are useless, they have been fooled once again.. Most of this guys are Yoruba's courier, Igbo drug lords are good in using them to do their dirtier illegal business once u promise them 1m for owambe they are good to go... 1m is too poor for an Igbo man who loves money and his freedom to fall for such ploy, only Yoruba's can fall sheeply once 1m is involve , it can go a long way in organizing owambe... force him to speak Igbo language u will see him spewing mgbati mgbati , when will this ppl grow sense TUFIAKWA

Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by Kingbuhari(m): 8:24am On Jan 03, 2017

Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by ip2121918021(m): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by Malayy(m): 8:33am On Jan 03, 2017
KingMicky3286:

Thank you, E pain You... oooo
e no pain me at all.
Re: Brazilian Returnee Caught With £3.8m Worth Of Cocaine In Foot Wears(picture) by Kingbuhari(m): 8:35am On Jan 03, 2017
ip2121918021:

yellow-bar demon

(1) (Reply)

Horrible Gang R@pe Video Shakes / A True Story Of Lawrence Nomanyagbon Anini. / (photos)criminals Caught With 24 MTN Mass Battries In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.