Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys (3846 Views)

Gracious David-West Identifies 7 Victims In Mortuary / 6-Year-Old Girl Fights Off Kidnapper, Identifies Him In The Morning / Allwell Orji's Body Recovered From Lagos Lagoon, Family Identifies Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by Lordskyes(m): 8:18am On Jan 03, 2017
Because our Nigerian police force cares so much about our reputation abroad, they are fighting the battle from the roots, on streets across Nigeria.

So they are either stopping you on the road, whether you are driving or trekking, or bursting into your room in the middle of the night.

Here are top ten ways the Nigerian police men identifies fraudstarer and scanners preferably known as yahoo boys

1. Bling-bling

Most young bloods out there wear gold chains or sometimes fake gold chains just to at least feel among, now the things is this, It doesn’t matter if the gold chain is real or not. Nope. You must settle or reach the station.

2. Laptop bag.

Yes, this is a very common norm in the Nigerian police force and even myself was once a victim of this. I was taking a stroll in Benin city on a sunny day when I was highlighted by some Policemen and they were like “Come here. Is there laptop inside your bag? Where is the receipt? Are you carrying it around so you can quickly do the wire?” and I was like "No sir I only have my books inside" and the next thing they said was "Since there's no laptop inside your bag that means you're on your way to steal one" Ha...!! Can you beat that...?? Well long story cut short, they had to let me go after series of pleading and Abeq...!!!

3. You’re trekking with iPhone 6.

“Why are you walking on the road with an iPhone 6? Aha! so you have money to buy iPhone but you don’t have money to buy car? You're one of the people spoiling this country”

Oya, to the station.

4. Driving a Lexus when you’re not looking old.

“It isn’t your parent’s car, then where did you get money to buy it? And did anybody ask you whether you have a good job or not? Are the papers of the car even original or you downloaded it from the internet?” Mr. Man please follow us to the station, you'll explain better, and the funny thing is that all this happens so fast.

5. Once they see an international number on your phone.

Why are you calling international number when you’ve not finished talking to people in Nigeria?
Whose business is it that it is your uncle that wants to send you small something? Is he even your uncle? Young man you better settle now or follow us to the station

6. When they see anything Western union on you.

This would be their exact word if anything like western union or moneygram is found on you "Aha, so you have been in this scamming business for ages even to the extent that they had to give you souvenir as a regular customer "

7. When they see a white woman's picture on your phone

"Very good, so this is the woman that has been sending you dollars isn't it...?? Young man kindly follow us to the station "

8. When they spot more than two guys in a car

Make up your minds quickly. Are you a cultists or a Yahoo Boys? Choose wisely because you have to be one of them.

9. When you try to play dumb with them with American accent

You dunno what Yahoo Yahoo means? Your mates that are doing it, do they have two heads? Lets go to the station.”

10. When you have a suspicious name at the back of your Jersey.

Ooh, your name is "wire money", did your father name you "wire money"...?? Please enter the Hilux so you cab go explain yourself better

http://gidi360.com/top-10-ways-nigerian-police-identifies-yahoo-boys/

lalasticlala

Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by DEWKID(m): 8:20am On Jan 03, 2017
good points
Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by Heavance(m): 8:26am On Jan 03, 2017
what a country.....
The number 2&5 makes me so scared when I see their van these days, because Nigerian police can frame Jesus up if he decides to come as a baby to earth again.
Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by kheengjay(m): 8:31am On Jan 03, 2017
yahoo is a harsh term .... I prefer using the term youth empowerment program hehehehe

to all my G.boyz my hands dy air for una oh

Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by HtwoOw: 8:37am On Jan 03, 2017
This thing go enter Fp

He sure die
Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by niggi4life(m): 8:38am On Jan 03, 2017
grin sounds funny but most of them are true.

Other ones are;

1. When they see you coming out from the bank smiling, they already assumed you've gotten your own share of the Yahoo Cake.

2. When you pop champagne and other expensive drinks at a party, believe me, there's a spy police there observing every movement of yours

3. When you are caught in the cafe during Raiding ( dem no wan know weda u dey fill your Jamb or Nysc registration online)

Finally i remember when Policemen will stop us then for OSU, dem go check our hand, that side wey dey rub desk anytime we dey use Mouse, if that part black well well, my guy you must follow dem go station ooo
Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by Kingbuhari(m): 8:39am On Jan 03, 2017
Buhari is a mad old stupid cow ...

..... TUFIAKWA
Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by Florblu(f): 8:43am On Jan 03, 2017
You are either a Police or a Yahoo boy for you to know all these. Just on point!
Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by neyop85(m): 8:45am On Jan 03, 2017
Funny but true.
Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by Dexema(m): 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
It's just annoying, these days I don't take my laptop out unless I really have the need to.
Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by George22016(m): 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
Yea that's how one stopped me while driving and forgot his Samsung S6.i format him phone sell am.I know send am
Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by junnyjake(m): 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
Lordskyes, that was heavily filled with sarcasm that I had to suppress my laughter, so people won't think I'm madding.

So they see a fresh looking guy like me who's making it big but the legit way, and they wanna accuse me of something I know nothing about? But why?

When I said I was making it big, I was serious, check my signature to see how.
Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by fagbohun4j(m): 12:39am On Jan 04, 2017
I like this post mehn!!! Other ways are
1: Driving a car with shining alloy rims.
2: Using AC in the car both day and night
3: Your haircut (obama, dreads, gallas, etc)
4: Your wrist watch ( most policemen dem sabi good watches)
5: Your car headlights ( yahoo boys no dey play with yahoo light or fluorescent as dem dey call am)
6: Your car sound system ( woofers and loud sounding speakers) etc
Re: Here Are Top 10 Ways Nigerian Police Identifies Yahoo Boys by dotman4real007(m): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2017
9ja police are always on the lookout for yahoo guys because they get paid their salary of 2months on the spot!!!

(1) (Reply)

Akinwale Arobieke The Muscle Squeezer. / The Lady That Was Dropped By Two Guys In Ajah Lagos, See Her Previous Photo / My experience with the '1 million boys' Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.