Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks (1508 Views)

Coronavirus: 4 In 10 Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In April - NBS / 6 Careers That Will Be Extinct In 10 Years / Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks by moatacad: 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2017
We are raising Top-notch software developers through our next batch of training that will commence on February 07, 2017.

Our curriculum, which has been specially designed by our experienced software engineers trained in the United Kingdom and Silicon Valley (USA) will take anybody interested even with little or no prior knowledge of software development to an advanced level in the shortest possible time of 10 weeks

Our approach is 100% Practical and Job oriented as this is not a mere academic process but an apprenticeship, where you learn the trade from experts.

To be part of the training, kindly register on www.moatacademy.com
Re: How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks by AntiWailer: 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
Stop over promising and Under delivering.

You can NEVER become a Top Notch Developer in 10 weeks.

Not even with Bill Gate as your lecturer.

Also ,the idea of raising developers as a means of ending his Unemployment is wrong and will frustrate your students because I can tell you no developer will be employable after 6 months of training not to talk of 10 weeks.

Nice website and very cool learning environment.

God bless your hustle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks by moatacad: 7:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
@Antiwailer, we are very suprised with your comments.

AntiWailer:
Stop over promising and Under delivering.
... This is an allegation that is unfounded as you have never patronised us or undergone any our training, to have come about this. Our participants testimonials, with some on on our website, http://moatacademy.com/ negate your assertions.

It is wrong to generalise, based on your past experience or what other training centres offer. We offer a project-based training that is unique in the country. With what we equip participants with, we don't expect them to beg for jobs or get stranded after the training (If you have the necessary skills to do the job... then you can get the job!). Even before leaving our bootcamp they are already building their portfolio and in fact they will deliver a web application of their choice as their final bootcamp project( for instance for the present batch we have someone building an e-learning platform , an online ordering system and so on).

For better understanding of how we tackle unemployment, kindly go through our article- the unemployed and the unemployable applicants... http://moatacademy.com/blog/2016/12/04/employable-applicant/

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks by AntiWailer: 7:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
moatacad:
@Antiwailer, we are very suprised with your comments.

... This is an allegation that is unfounded as you have never patronised us or undergone any our training, to have come about this. Our participants testimonials, with some on on our website, http://moatacademy.com/ negate your assertions.

It is wrong to generalise, based on your past experience or what other training centres offer. We offer a project-based training that is unique in the country. With what we equip participants with, we don't expect them to beg for jobs or get stranded after the training (If you have the necessary skills to do the job... then you can get the job!). Even before leaving our bootcamp they are already building their portfolio and in fact they will deliver a web application of their choice as their final bootcamp project( for instance for the present batch we have someone building an e-learning platform , an online ordering system and so on).

For better understanding of how we tackle unemployment, kindly go through our article- the unemployed and the unemployable applicants... http://moatacademy.com/blog/2016/12/04/employable-applicant/

Dnt isolate my quote.

Link it to the context..

None of ur employable applicant will pass my interview and trust me I have been recruiting developers across sectors for a while.

I only spoke based on my experience and I insist that a programmer trained for 10 weeks can barely grab basics of prpgramming not to talk being employable.

I gave my first training to established developers in 2005.

As a matter of fact I train established developers to write better codes.
Re: How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks by moatacad: 11:42am On Jan 04, 2017
@Antiwailer, just as we said you cannot generalise based on your past experience. The mere fact that you can not do a thing doesn't mean it cannot be done.

The "Wright brothers" were not given a chance but they did it by inventing the airplane. In fact , until recent nobody believed there could be a driver-less car.

We are an enabler and we are out to remove the bottlenecks. Gone are the days where people thought to be a software developer is a rocket science or you must be a geek or mathematician, we have been in this business for years and we can boldly say - software development is just like any other trade that can be learnt.

Our team spent years researching and experimenting in order to achieve this feat and we arrived at our special curriculum and approach. Please read below some salient points in our strategy:

1. We said "our participants learn so much in the 10-weeks in software development than they have in their entire 4-year stay in the higher institution..." Because having studied our polytechnics/ universities curriculum we discovered that the number of credit units allotted to software development-related courses, the students will spend about 100 hours coding ( if at all they are devoted) but at out bootcamp for the 10- weeks they spend about 600hours ( i.e 300 hours on-site and about 300 - 350hours outside the classroom ( if they devote 4-5hr daily))

2. There is a huge difference between someone that is going to an unknown destination with a map and one that has a guide who has plied the same route over and over again. It is obvious the one with a guide will get there faster and less stressed. That is our approach, it is not a mere academic process but an apprenticeship. Our trainers are experienced developers and with their mentorship, the participants will achieve what would have taken them years in some few weeks.

3. Technology as we know is ever-changing. In the past, some developers used punch cards , which is no longer relevant in the scheme of things today. What you taught on coding 11 years ago will no longer relevant in the scheme of things today ( because programming has gone well beyond that and the servers and other hardwares have been updated). Programming is not in the matters of years but in what you can do now , so we teach our participants how to learn in a progressive manner and keep themselves abreast of the ever-changing technology even after they have left our bootcamp. With the strong foundation, they will make landmark achievements!
Re: How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks by AntiWailer: 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
moatacad:
@Antiwailer, just as we said you cannot generalise based on your past experience. The mere fact that you can not do a thing doesn't mean it cannot be done.

The "Wright brothers" were not given a chance but they did it by inventing the airplane. In fact , until recent nobody believed there could be a driver-less car.

We are an enabler and we are out to remove the bottlenecks. Gone are the days where people thought to be a software developer is a rocket science or you must be a geek or mathematician, we have been in this business for years and we can boldly say - software development is just like any other trade that can be learnt.

Our team spent years researching and experimenting in order to achieve this feat and we arrived at our special curriculum and approach. Please read below some salient points in our strategy:

1. We said "our participants learn so much in the 10-weeks in software development than they have in their entire 4-year stay in the higher institution..." Because having studied our polytechnics/ universities curriculum we discovered that the number of credit units allotted to software development-related courses, the students will spend about 100 hours coding ( if at all they are devoted) but at out bootcamp for the 10- weeks they spend about 600hours ( i.e 300 hours on-site and about 300 - 350hours outside the classroom ( if they devote 4-5hr daily))

2. There is a huge difference between someone that is going to an unknown destination with a map and one that has a guide who has plied the same route over and over again. It is obvious the one with a guide will get there faster and less stressed. That is our approach, it is not a mere academic process but an apprenticeship. Our trainers are experienced developers and with their mentorship, the participants will achieve what would have taken them years in some few weeks.

3. Technology as we know is ever-changing. In the past, some developers used punch cards , which is no longer relevant in the scheme of things today. What you taught on coding 11 years ago will no longer relevant in the scheme of things today ( because programming has gone well beyond that and the servers and other hardwares have been updated). Programming is not in the matters of years but in what you can do now , so we teach our participants how to learn in a progressive manner and keep themselves abreast of the ever-changing technology even after they have left our bootcamp. With the strong foundation, they will make landmark achievements!

Stop the 11 years taunting. The last time i wrote code is this morning and yes my latest projects are on .Net Core with applications across several sectors in the industry using several languages including Java and PHP.

I am not trying to put what you are doing to disrepute but I am being realistic here and try to ensure you manage your candidates' expectation even though I am aware you have to promise Heavens as a marketing Strategy.

No amount of English or History or playing down of the task of programming can change the fact that from "Hello World" to an employable programmer will take more than 10 weeks.

I will allow this rest but I am sure deep within you , you know what i am saying.
Re: How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks by moatacad: 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
Say goodbye to Unemployment
Leave no room for fear of job insecurity
Start living your full potentials by becoming a full stack software Developer!

Yes, in just 10weeks we can achieve this with you.

Our goals are to:
increase your employability
Enable you to engage in freelance jobs
Help you become an Entrepreneur

The future you are waiting for is in your hands, start moulding it!

To be part of the training, kindly register on www.moatacademy.com or call 07012621235
Re: How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks by CVDen: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2017
Good day,

You have done some good jobs, congratulations.

Check if you can apply for this job. It could help you a great deal.
We are employing...you can inform your students....they will be glad.

http://www.cvden.com/jobs

Goodluck.
Re: How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks by moatacad: 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
@CVDen, Thank you so much,this is highly appreciated.
Re: How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks by moatacad: 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
The commencement date for the next batch is Feb 7, 2017. Please register on www.moatacademy.com if you are up to the task to be trained and recommended for employment by us as we have offers ready.
Re: How To Become A Top-notch Software Developer In 10 Weeks by moatacad: 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
It's just a week to the commencement of this training, please don't miss out of this opportunity. Register on www.moatacademy.com.

(1) (Reply)

Complete Cisa Study Material For You / Environmental Health Careers / Pls Help Me : Lecturing Vs Civil Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.