Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,577 members, 7,823,510 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? (26629 Views)

Netflix Finally Acquires Popular Nigerian Sitcom / What Comedy/sitcom/romantic Comedy TV Series Are You Watching Right Now? / Do You Know The Name Of This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by biz9ja(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
Kunle Afolayan Father?
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by Richy4(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
I remembered one Drama those days called the pot of Life...I think it was NTA Benin that usually show that...I know my mum due watch it but I do not even know what it was all about those days cause I was small...I have tried searching for it on You-tube...but got no luck....

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
My best, back in the day.
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by naptu2: 4:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
Richy4:
I remembered one Drama those days called the pot of Life...I think it was NTA Benin that usually show that...I know my mum due watch it but I do not even know what it was all about those days cause I was small...I have tried searching for it on You-tube...but got no luck....

The Pot Of Life was NTA Benin's award winning entry to the Nigerian Festival of Television Programmes (NIFETEP) in 1985, '86 or '87. It was originally one very long movie, but, after the competition, some stations broke it up into many parts and so it became a series

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by sauti2soul: 4:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
Shege jagua!! where useini na??
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2017
Lemonade01:
undecided
Hian! grin

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by buharimustlive: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
HomeOfMe:
jaguar wey the money e dey th
ere.

" Your husband dey carry shiit,my husband no dey carry shiit!
my belle o,my head o! LOL!

Nwanyi you made me happy.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by ZoneBslayer(m): 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
I used to copy jagua's way of eating rice with his hands back then.. and if tasted better(in my little head)..

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by masseratti: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
laudate:

Chai!! You get sharp memory, o! shocked Small time now, you go dey add C'ock Crow at Dawn, Mirror in the Sun, Checkmate, Mind bending etc, into the mix. I hail, sir! More respect!! cool
lolz, well like they said classics, i won't mind seeing those too btw.
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by unite4real: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
Jagua and Grace are both dead. Jagua 2000, Grace 2011. So sad
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by eleojo23: 4:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
I remember watching this show as a kid around the year 1998

I think it was being re-aired at that time.

Memories....
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by Richy4(m): 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
naptu2:

The Pot Of Life was NTA Benin's award winning entry to the Nigerian Festival of Television Programmes (NIFETEP) in 1985, '86 or '87. It was originally one very long movie, but, after the competition, some stations broke it up into many parts and so it became a series

Thanks for that..I remembered my mum used to shout that I should stop talking and keep quiet each time they were showing that programme those days....I just wanted to know what captivated them those days cause I don't understand...
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by Burgerlomo: 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
Iamlordgee:
If u nor know this sitcom..
When u call my name put some respeck on it

Sorry old school grin
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by ceasare: 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
masseratti:
Aunty grace is the auny you talked about?
btw thanks for the memory lane,
But Whatabout oluwalanbe lodge, sura the tailor is your man, anyone got pictures of those?

@ d bolded is koko close staring olumide bakare as chief koko
Sura d tailor
Bassey n company
Jackole
Cock crow at dawn
Samanja.....Samanja,mufu andole etc
3rd eye....yomi adeyemi Wilson,olu Jacobs n co.

Programs no dey again o!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by naptu2: 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
Richy4:

Thanks for that..I remembered my mum used to shout that I should stop talking and keep quiet each time they were showing that programme those days....I just wanted to know what captivated them those days cause I don't understand...

I watched it about 30 years ago, so I can't remember the whole story line, but I remember that it was a fantastic adventure movie. The effects were ground breaking (for NTA of that time). In fact, I think it was one of the two best NIFETEP entries ever (the other being The Reign Of Abiku). But it was very long. I remember that, the first time I watched it, I slept and woke up and slept and woke up and they were still showing it.

Here is a 15 minutes clip of the Pot Of Life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlkiXiks1GE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by IdiAmin2(m): 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
so is it that NTA dont have copies of popular sitcoms from the 80s and early 90s like Jagua, behind the clouds, mirror in the Sun, checkmate, village headmaster, bassey and company, and all those classics. NTA should be having re-runs of these programs! or even making DVDs, I'm sure the older generations will buy them!
or everybody in Nigeria now is on DSTV level watching oyinbo TV and nobody gives a fvck

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
Your fuckery can be seen in the direction of the raise hand. This is a learning opportunity for you but you chose the other...
Lemonade01:
undecided
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by shumuel(m): 5:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
masseratti:
Aunty grace is the auny you talked about?
btw thanks for the memory lane,
But Whatabout oluwalanbe lodge, sura the tailor is your man, anyone got pictures of those?

kikiki Lol grin mehn...

Naptu2 : i see you grin

Ishilove : show off grin
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2017
Jagua my belle oh, my head oh.. Kaza dey garri.. After the Kaza episode I started looking forward to eating soaked garri with chicken.. Jagua also had a funny way of eating rice with bare hands.. his popular phrase was "Shege jagua"

This brings back lots of memories.. I was very small then.. can't remember the storyline but I remember the feeling.. coupled with those of Wili Wili (this made me get scared of darkness and shadows) tales by moonlight, mirror in the sun, village headmaster (giringory, ovuloria, clarus, jegede and zebrudaya).. good old days.. I am all grown up now.
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by erumena(m): 6:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
Can't forget Adio Family , dem good ol' days
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by Franky826: 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
Ishilove:
Jagua

Jagua cheesy

Afolabi Afolayan

'My belle o, my head o!" (x3) cheesy

Grace

I can't remember

Sad way he died. He was given an injection for typhoid at an hospital at Orile, and that was the end of this man. I think that was in year 2000, if my memory serves me right.

Ishilove... Walahi you don old!!!!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by econome(m): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2017
Those sweet old days weh be na only NTA CHANNEL 10 and 5 deh show am grin
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by ikorodureporta: 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
I still dey see Aluwe dey roll lottery for tv...
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by Ishilove: 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2017
naptu2:

Do you remember the show about the fmily who travelled to their village but their vehicle. Broke down on the way and at the end witches feasted on them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by Lemonade01(m): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
comradeodunze:
Your fuckery can be seen in the direction of the raise hand. This is a learning opportunity for you but you chose the other...
Idiota!

Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
Toluabigr8:
abeg who get palm oil my beans dey on fire abeg#palm oil cost for market
come collect,i get one jerry can for house,i fit fetch one litre 4 u!
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by naptu2: 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2017
Ishilove:

Do you remember the show about the fmily who travelled to their village but their vehicle. Broke down on the way and at the end witches feasted on them?

Was it part of a series or a movie?
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by masseratti: 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
ceasare:

@ d bolded is koko close staring olumide bakare as chief koko
Sura d tailor
Bassey n company
Jackole
Cock crow at dawn
Samanja.....Samanja,mufu andole etc
3rd eye....yomi adeyemi Wilson,olu Jacobs n co.

Programs no dey again o!
yeah That's true, koko close, haa don't say that, trust me you cant stand their production this days, they are good for memory lanes no doubt.
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by masseratti: 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
naptu2:

yea ishilove, that movie not a series creeps the hell outta me, they normally shows it on Easter period, most especially Easter Friday or Saturday
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by Ishilove: 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
naptu2:

It was a short movie. Less than an hour
Re: Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? by Ishilove: 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
masseratti:
yea ishilove, that movie not a series creeps the hell outta me, they normally shows it on Easter period, most especially Easter Friday or Saturday
Seriously. Till date I still shudder when I remember the storyline

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa: How Multichoice/dstv Is Under-developing Africa / Oge Okoye And Muna Ibekwe's Hot Scene In Blackberry Babes (Video) / 12 Year Old Nigerian, Zuriel Oduwole Is Youngest Film Maker In The World (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.