Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know (33559 Views)

15 Things You Didn't Know About Mercedes Benz / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know / Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Mercedes Benz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 05, 2017
Hoping to get the 2014-2016 S Class this year, Amen.

Whether the S500, S550, S600, S63 AMG or S65 AMG, anyone can serve.

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Enyimbamercedes: 9:10am On Jan 05, 2017
Totally agree... you drive an SLS AMG GT and you don't want to drive anything else. I currently use a 92 300 SL as my evening and weekend Driver and even though that car is 26 years old, its performance and level of technology amazes me.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by UltraLeslie: 9:10am On Jan 05, 2017
lrguru:
don't know about that though. Was only trying to correct someone who said there never was
Yes, there was. Not only in the ML but even to the E class and C class .

It was an attempt to maintain cleaner emission system. However the draw back was loss of HP.

So it was discontinued to the old system.

Also Mercedes has discontinued the product of V6 engines. Starting from 2017 in favour of I6.

As the company was forced to compromise in 1997 when she made the first V6 engines. Only BMW never made a V6 till date.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by TheShopKeeper(m): 9:18am On Jan 05, 2017
MB S-class, used by heads of state and royalties all over the world.

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by sunshineV(f): 9:22am On Jan 05, 2017
I'm sure those that don't give a bleep are on the way

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

As long as there's a Benz logo, be it old or new, I'm intrigued.

But my favourite is the S-Class. Especially the W140, also known as The Beast, The King of the S-Class grin grin

Sweet choice dear, though am in love with the GL550, C Class 2014 Convertible and the Sl Class 65 AMG Convertible 2016 Model with a G-tonic plus(NFS) grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by honeymix77(m): 9:34am On Jan 05, 2017
STAR, it stands out.

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by mikejegede(m): 9:36am On Jan 05, 2017
wink.what's do you think about these Mercedes vision 6....

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 9:38am On Jan 05, 2017
victorazy:

11. All mercedes-Benz cars has back aisle.
12. Did you know that Mercedes-Benz cars uses more than one plug each piston or cylinder?

In the C series,only a C240 has 6 cylinders and 12 plugs and maybe a 320,the 230 compressors and 280 are just 6 plugs.

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by mikejegede(m): 9:39am On Jan 05, 2017
lrguru:
Hoping to get the 2014-2016 S Class this year, Amen.

Whether the S500, S550, S600, S63 AMG or S65 AMG, anyone can serve.

amen a million times to that bro. ..
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 9:43am On Jan 05, 2017
honeymix77:
STAR, it stands out.

PLeasEEEE is it for sale?
I can't find any in kaduna and abuja?
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 9:47am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

No sir, I'm not married. smiley

The W140 is my favourite Benz. The first time I read about it was in 1997, after Princess Diana's death (that was the car she had the accident in). I have so many videos of the W140. It's such a safe car. And the features... DAMN!

Is yours a V8 or a V12?

Morning madam..
I like your passion for mercedes.I am part of a group, trying to organize a benz convention in abuja (for mercedes owners) hopefully february this year.Currently,there is a chat group towards the actualization of the convention.
would you want to be a part of it? smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by honeymix77(m): 9:50am On Jan 05, 2017
Mutuwa:

PLeasEEEE is it for sale?
I can't find any in kaduna and abuja?

Saw it in cotonou, not sure if it is still available, but if it is still there is no way of bringing it in, men you should see the movement of this ride its a beast. Contact me maybe I can still find one for you.

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Kaslino(m): 9:51am On Jan 05, 2017
I've already told myself this-I MUST own that W140 S Class Benz '96 model popularly called 'The Beast' or 'Concorde' by some Igbos.Either the Saloon or Convertible,but i must own it.The E-Class remains my all time favourite but that S-Benz sets me on fire everytime.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2017
honeymix77:

Saw it in cotonou, not sure if it is still available, but if it is still there is no way of bringing it in, men you should see the movement of this ride its a beast. Contact me maybe I can still find one for you.

I had been setting my eyes on the E 55 for a while now.
Thanks.I would really appreciate that.I will PM you so as to keep in touch.
The land movement restrictions order had begun i guess?
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by ceejay4real(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2017
LastMumu:

It is not an accounting term, it is more of Marketing.

We have a lot of business that their brand sells for them and they hardly do any major advertising, E.g Ferrari, Benz and co.

Hey guy STFU! It's called GOOD WILL in accounting. If you don't something just keep mute instead of ridiculing yourself in public!
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by honeymix77(m): 10:14am On Jan 05, 2017
Mutuwa:

I had been setting my eyes on the E 55 for a while now.
Thanks.I would really appreciate that.I will PM you so as to keep in touch.
The land movement restrictions order had begun i guess?

We don't know what they are saying for now, but I will check if it is still available.

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Olisa4all: 10:22am On Jan 05, 2017
And also very poor reliability
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by FluffySucre(f): 10:34am On Jan 05, 2017
If you never drive Mercedes-Benz, then you never drive car! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 05, 2017
lrguru:
one is S320 I6, and the other is S500 V8. I had always loved the Beast right from my secondary school days in '93 when my intro tech teacher talked about it in one of our classes then. He was describing the car as though it was his life. I fell in love instantly, and swore I must get the car and I did.

The last time I drove a toyota 'camry and corolla' (my apologies to any one who drives one) the car was just vibrating like a tomato grinding machine. NOTE: the cars were all new, just that the dampers were not like that of a benz.
I stopped driving after just a minute and asked the owner if the car had problem since the drive was not smooth and he said no, that the car is very smooth. I just shook my head and laughed and told him that if he ever drives a benz he will throw all this cars away.

W140 drives smooth as a plane even at 160km/hr

When my Honda reaches 120km, the car will start vibrating, as if it's about to fall apart. Na fear dey make me slow down. Benz is SO balanced!

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2017
Mutuwa:

Morning madam..
I like your passion for mercedes.I am part of a group, trying to organize a benz convention in abuja (for mercedes owners) hopefully february this year.Currently,there is a chat group towards the actualization of the convention.
would you want to be a part of it? smiley

Wow. That would be amazing. I don't know if I'd be able to make it, because of work, plus, I'm not in Abuja presently. But, we'll see how it goes.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2017
TheSlyone2:

But your monicker dey scare me o

Lol, but your signature says you're afraid of no one. smiley

Fear not, it's just a name. grin
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by victorazy(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2017
Mutuwa:

In the C series,only a C240 has 6 cylinders and 12 plugs and maybe a 320,the 230 compressors and 280 are just 6 plugs.

Ur correct.

Mechanic told me that some even use up to 3 plugs to drive a piston but on the same coil, wow!.

This great idea will let no room for fuel escapes making it less fuel consumption as their will be complete combustion which will boost the efficiency.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

Wow. That would be amazing. I don't know if I'd be able to make it, because of work, plus, I'm not in Abuja presently. But, we'll see how it goes.

alright no problem...will PM you so that you could join the group and catch up on its contents.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2017
honeymix77:

We don't know what they are saying for now, but I will check if it is still available.

Thanks. I appreciate.any idea on how much it costs,with the new dollar regime?
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2017
UltraLeslie:
Why the older model? Doesn't deliver most Mercedes trademark of today which is a striking balance of speed, comfort and agility

Maybe it's just me, but it looks more prestigious and more rugged than the newer models.

At the bold statement, I beg to differ. In terms of comfort, it may not be as luxurious and comfortable as the newer models, but it is rugged. For a car of that size, the W140 is fast!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by bejeria101(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

As long as there's a Benz logo, be it old or new, I'm intrigued.

But my favourite is the S-Class. Especially the W140, also known as The Beast, The King of the S-Class grin grin

My cousin drives a 2012 C-class and his wife an ML 350 AMG blue efficiency,kai when i drove them,benz na wa. The dream is the S550,i drove a 2008 and have not recovered yet. Team benz biko

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 11:05am On Jan 05, 2017
bejeria101:

My cousin drives a 2012 C-class and his wife an ML 350 AMG blue efficiency,kai when i drove them,benz na wa. The dream is the S550,i drove a 2008 and have not recovered yet. Team benz biko

benz don sting you be that..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

Lol, but your signature says you're afraid of no one. smiley
Fear not, it's just a name. grin
Yea sweetie. So why the moniker?
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by em3r4ld(m): 11:09am On Jan 05, 2017
Here in Deutschland, most taxis na Benz! Thr products na die!

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Marshalrhino(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

Maybe it's just me, but it looks more prestigious and more rugged than the newer models.

At the bold statement, I beg to differ. In terms of comfort, it may not be as luxurious and comfortable as the newer models, but it is rugged. For a car of that size, the W140 is fast!
Absolutely. most especially, i love the balance on the road even at high speeds. I've never seen or heard of a Benz summersault

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2017
Marshalrhino:

Absolutely. most especially, i love the balance on the road even at high speeds. I've never seen or heard of a Benz summersault

they fall,but rarely summersault.

This happened in Abuja,last year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Prevent Leg Cramps While Driving? / Photos From An Accident Scene In Nicon Junction Abuja Today. / A Review Of Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet: Linda Ikeji's 2019 Dream Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.