Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know (33484 Views)

15 Things You Didn't Know About Mercedes Benz / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know / Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Mercedes Benz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by nurey(m): 4:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
UltraLeslie:

And na your papa flat boot the criterion you wan take measure the biggest farm abi? grin

If its possible, what are you bring to the table grin
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
nurey:

My bros, i respect benz but its time to let by gones be by gones, Benz is not a Standard now, is not the best now. kapish?

You're not making any sense bruh, just give it a rest, biko, before you embarrass yourself any further. Seems you're determined to keep arguing pointlessly.

Oh, and by the way, it's "bygones", and "capisce" smiley
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:
Abegmake I divide your post into segments Hybrid cars are cars that draws its powers from electric and gasoline nah. That is its main source of power is both electric and natural engine combustion.
You're still going around in a circus show. How does having mass product hybrid cars on the road makes Toyota the most sophisticated or powerful hybrid car maker?

When does numbers become best?
If Toyota makes V8 as standard, you won't be listing the models like this. See what I mean? Give me a Camry V8, or an Avalon V8 or a corrola V8. For every regular segment of benz from the smallest C class of all generations, you have several V8s not even one.

Admit it, V8 is a rarity for Japanese brand. Must I put it in black and white for you?

Now you're a fan boy, because even in Asian category, Toyota is still lagging behind Honda and Nissan. Just a fan boy!

Implicit admission of Benz superiority up there. Yes Benz is one of the best and I am not afraid to say no Asian brand is up there with the best.

And just one more thing...in ride quality and safety and technology, the S class Mercedes isn't one of the best; it is the world's standard. Countless reviews have dubbed it that , not my words.

And as a final closer to discountenance and debunk your fictitious claim of Tesla learning from Toyota, here's Toyota's environmental manager says about its collaboration with Tesla giant.

I leave you now. I have convincingly executed and delivered proof and facts to debunk every one of your assertions and I see no use to write further as doing so will be an exercise of vanity. The job is done.

Bro, you have tried. No follow am talk again. It's like trying to convince a monkey that strawberry is sweeter than banana. He's making his judgments based on his dad's flat boot? What a joke!
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Timelezz: 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

Bro, you have tried. No follow am talk again. It's like trying to convince a monkey that strawberry is sweeter than banana. He's making his judgments based on his dad's flat boot? What a joke!
The dude's car philosophy reminds me of the automobile knowledge of the average mechanic in Nigeria.
Lolz, I have seen his type before so I have made the points. He jumps from brand to brand and holds no logical argument. It is my belief he's comparing his Dad's 1976 W123 flat boots to 2001 Camrys.

A Benz hater. And without any apologies, I say anyone who hates Mercedes is an enemy of the entire Automobile industry.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by nurey(m): 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

its my dads flat boot that even made me cling to benz then. the mistakes are noted, i will tell samsung keyboard about it. As for the kapish, i dont know frech/italaian/spanish. i just copied it from cartoon noni. grin

Am not saying benz arent good, but dont over hype them, some of us are HISTORIANS.

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by nurey(m): 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:

The dude's car philosophy reminds me of the automobile knowledge of the average mechanic in Nigeria.
Lolz, I have seen his type before so I have made the points. He jumps from brand to brand and holds no logical argument. It is my belief he's comparing his Dad's 1976 W123 flat boots to 2001 Camrys.

A Benz hater. And without any apologies, I say anyone who hates Mercedes is an enemy of the entire Automobile industry.

sorry if i sound like a Benz hater, you bring facts and i counter your facts, what hate is in that now? Lets not duel on the issue any more, its getting from peaceful coexistence to name calling. grin

Ciao
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
nurey:

its my dads flat boot that even made me cling to benz then. the mistakes are noted, i will tell samsung keyboard about it. As for the kapish, i dont know frech/italaian/spanish. i just copied it from cartoon noni. grin

Am not saying benz arent good, but dont over hype them, some of us are HISTORIANS.

Overhype? shocked shocked

You're talking as if we manufactured all the features. I have Top Gear videos of Benz, I have car magazines. I may not know too much about cars, but what I know, I know very well.

So you're using your dad's 1976 E Class as a yardstick? Have you been inside a W140, or W210? Have you been inside or driven a W220, or W221? Have you driven a W129? Old glory? I laugh!

I have driven a Benz before, both old and new. Trust me, after driving one, you'd toss your Japanese cars aside.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Marshalrhino(m): 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
nurey:

You have not said anything new about benz that whaoed me. There are cars as old as benz still in existence even older sef, used daily like a mule with stock engine. So why is Benz any different.
won't drag on. Get one nd ur mindset will be forever changed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by nurey(m): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2017
Marshalrhino:

won't drag on. Get one nd ur mindset will be forever changed.

Too bad, the ones i admire are out of my range. Probably in future, there is still time
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
nurey:

Too bad, the ones i admire are out of my range. Probably in future, there is still time

That's the spirit. I'm sure your opinion will change once you've driven one. smiley
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Decale: 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
nurey:

2. when does number become best
answer: The maybach is a top luxury car but when the NUMBER shocked sold didnt commensurate with cost, they just jejely merged it with the S600 grin

3. What do i need a V8 camry for?, thats the work of the Toyota supra to destroy the benz powered V8s, like you said "When does numbers become best?"

5. V8 rearity for asians, the most common V8 engine in nigeria is still toyota V8 (lancruiser, prado, LX570, Gx460) them plenty make i no waste space. And to throw in icing on the cake, they are more common and reliable than benz V8,V9, V10, V11, V12 add V13 too,
all combined together

6. And just one more thing...in ride quality and safety and technology, the S class Mercedes isn't one of the best; it is the world's standard. Countless reviews have dubbed it that , not my words. i still dont get this, the reason why presidents buy benz is because it is cheap, a base 2017 Rolls Royce will almost buy 2 of the base 2017 S600, go and check it. The bentley flying Spur (see as i close eyes dey dream inside the car) will kill the S65 AMG (W12 6xx hp 0-62 in 4.5s, i know its 0.1s faster than the AMG)

You have successfully proven that benz is still riding on old glory, and you know what they say, Time waits for no man grin

Bros, your problem na English. You are still typing from a janitor angle

That your 2) answer no align with the question. To outsell one car doesn't mean it's worse than it. Toyota has discontinued models no mean say the car no good, just that e no sell. Camry outsells BMW 3 series doesn't make it better than the bravarian. Your level of understanding ehn na die...

You come go 3) dey list Toyota Supra wey no dey market to surpass the Benz. If you dey see future, tell me now ooo

8. He's clearly talking about v8 sedans which are few in Asia but noooo, you turn am to efficiency, most common and best seller.

6)This one Buhari tell you for WhatsApp say na price pursue am from buying Rolls Royce, why you no ask am why hin no buy Toyota or even the kind Lexus. Afterall, its more efficient, more reliable and it is about price from your janitor angle

Bros, I want to buy Benz but a second guesser after reading your arguments go just buy 2 Tokunbo C class with extra engine.

You be "historian" but not made any good point as to why Mercedes is no longer good in car tech.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Marshalrhino(m): 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
nurey:

Noted and i hope u'll remember to share ur experience cos we're all nairalanders
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by nurey(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
Decale:

Bros, your problem na English. You are still typing from a janitor angle

That your 2) answer no align with the question. To outsell one car doesn't mean it's worse than it. Toyota has discontinued models no mean say the car no good, just that e no sell. Camry outsells BMW 3 series doesn't make it better than the bravarian. Your level of understanding ehn na die...

You come go 3) dey list Toyota Supra wey no dey market to surpass the Benz. If you dey see future, tell me now ooo

8. He's clearly talking about v8 sedans which are few in Asia but noooo, you turn am to efficiency, most common and best seller.

6)This one Buhari tell you for WhatsApp say na price pursue am from buying Rolls Royce, why you no ask am why hin no buy Toyota or even the kind Lexus. Afterall, its more efficient, more reliable and it is about price from your janitor angle

Bros, I want to buy Benz but a second guesser after reading your arguments go just buy 2 Tokunbo C class with extra engine.

You be "historian" but not made any good point as to why Mercedes is no longer good in car tech.

Cheers

What ever rocks your boat. Your argument doesn't commensurate with my point.

1. Don't tag me as a Toyota fanboy I am not loyal to any brand.

2. He talked about engine not V8 sedans only I gave him V8 engine. Yes the Europeans have more V8 sedans, the Americans like more V8 trucks and suvs those are facts I don't need to argue with.

3. Bros, you sef no lie, if I asked you to choose between Rolls-Royce and S600 (mind you buhari doesn't need a S65 AMG he isn't racing with other presidents ) no be Rolls-Royce you go choose.

4. Look at my argument I moved from VW to Toyota back to VW, this is to show my point is in line with the thread that other car manufacturers too have facts that some cars cannot attain.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by ceepeeo(m): 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello ,pls I need an expert to help rectify what is the issue with Honda accord 2003.
Recently the car jacks forward at point of acceleration then on friday thre D light began flashing n engine light came up but the next day the Flashing stopped and the jacking when I want to accelerate is still on.pls can some one recommend where to go and have it fixed as I don't want any one doing guess work
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
ceepeeo:
Hello ,pls I need an expert to help rectify what is the issue with Honda accord 2003.
Recently the car jacks forward at point of acceleration then on friday thre D light began flashing n engine light came up but the next day the Flashing stopped and the jacking when I want to accelerate is still on.pls can some one recommend where to go and have it fixed as I don't want any one doing guess work

On a Mercedes-Benz thread?

Open a thread, you'd get more responses that way. Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! / Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System / Would You Buy This 1914 Peugeot L45 2-seater Racecar For N2.7 Billion? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.