Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Need Help On Gear/solenoid Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Help On Gear/solenoid Problem (1397 Views)

Shift Solenoid Problem With Ford Edge / Cog Light On Gear E46 BMW / Solenoid Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On Gear/solenoid Problem by Ken4agent(m): 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
pls can anybody be of help.... I drive Odessey 2000 full option. it developed gear problem an I changed the gear. after a while the new gear will jarck when entrying gear 2. my Automech said it is the solenoid. he service the solenoid and d jacking reduced but still noticeable.

is anybody have same problem or is anybody in the house willing to sell a tokunbo solenoid and what the cost price?? contact me via: keborgu@yahoo.com
regards
Re: Need Help On Gear/solenoid Problem by mayor2013: 6:12am On Jan 05, 2017
What type of transmission fluid was used in your honda oddysey? Have you tried to run a scan on your car before changing solenoid. Honda "Dw1" is the right transmission fluid.
Re: Need Help On Gear/solenoid Problem by Ken4agent(m): 9:35am On Feb 01, 2017
mayor2013:
What type of transmission fluid was used in your honda oddysey? Have you tried to run a scan on your car before changing solenoid. Honda "Dw1" is the right transmission fluid.

Bro thanks for your response. I used Oando DestroxII. I have run a scan on the car and no error was indicated till date. can it be the oil? although I have flash out the oando oil and replace with a more viscous oil in gallon(can't remember the name).
do you think I should try d Honda Dw1 in the future and how much does it cost?
thanks Bro
Re: Need Help On Gear/solenoid Problem by Kjnwancaro: 10:58am On Feb 01, 2017
Ken4agent:

Bro thanks for your response. I used Oando DestroxII. I have run a scan on the car and no error was indicated till date. can it be the oil? although I have flash out the oando oil and replace with a more viscous oil in gallon(can't remember the name).
do you think I should try d Honda Dw1 in the future and how much does it cost?
thanks Bro

How do you just use any oil that you can't even remember it's name after spending so much to replace your gear. Use the right oil or you might end up saving for another gear.

1 Like

Re: Need Help On Gear/solenoid Problem by Ken4agent(m): 9:40am On Aug 17, 2017
Kjnwancaro:

How do you just use any oil that you can't even remember it's name after spending so much to replace your gear. Use the right oil or you might end up saving for another gear.

OK thanks , which I'll will you recommend I put for the Odyssey 2000 spacebus?
Re: Need Help On Gear/solenoid Problem by nurey(m): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2017
Ken4agent:

OK thanks , which I'll will you recommend I put for the Odyssey 2000 spacebus?

recommend using only Honda OEM fluid, but other products will work if they are labelled ATF-DW or ATF-Z1. A normal fluid change will require about 3.3 US quarts (3,000 ml) (3 liters) of fluid.

The bolded is what you need but on a more serious note with your attitude to vehicle ownership i would advice you research more for knowledge by reading your manual and following car forums or sell the car and switch over to UBER tongue

(1) (Reply)

Chrysler 300c For Sale 1.8mil Price Negotiable / How To Run Verification For Stolen Car, Avoid Getting Into Trouble / Mercedes Benz C200 VS Toyota Avensis 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.