Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers (17155 Views)

Federal Government To Introduce A New Visa Policy / Federal Government To Shutdown Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu / Nigerians Confront South Africans With Guns In Pretoria - Facebook User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by Ruggedpen: 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
FOR ME SELF THEY SHOULD WITHDRAW GUNS FROM POLICE, BECAUSE A LOT OF BLOOD ARE SPILLED EVERYDAY IN NIGERIA, THEY HAVE ARMED FULANI, ROAD SAFETY HAVE BEEN APPROVED NOW, AIR PORT, GIRLS FIGHT BACK TO HAVE WHO TO MARRY 2MORO
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by Waspy(m): 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
Guns everywhere has its implications tho
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by rusher14: 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
People that have no business at the airports are crying.
Most of them have never even seen an airport in reality.
Wail and wail and wail.
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by 0b10010011: 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
Can't they approve guns for the common man so we can at will be shooting at our politicians grin grin grin
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by sirfemoz(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
Soon LATSMA will carry arms.. I wonder where we are actually heading in this country. They can even approve guns for NYSC corpers for a year..
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by jrusky(m): 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
So that s all APC govt has to offer at the airport So the way our airport is so poor does not matter to apc govt but gun in the hands of fools to kill at will again Please Lord what is our sin to gave us this kind of govt so its gun that is important now in all the pressing issues at hand in Nigeria at the moment

So finally my prediction is about to come to pass. I predicted it that soon the bloody Civil Defense will start carrying guns people here attack me and it happened. I said it a while ago that soon Road Safety will be allow to carry gun people still attacked me for saying its a lie and it happened. I said soon security officers, Man O war, LASTMA, VIO, KAI(Lagos) even Boyscout will soon be licensed to carry gun now we are heading their gradually.

Now I'm beginning to belief Buhari is no longer in control because as Rtd Army General he know gun is not just what anybody carries around anyhow I'm talking base on my background and experience a real soldier don't belief gun should be in the hand of any bloody person no matter who that person is, the world known trained armed officers are the Military or the Police and sometime the Custom in a very rear cases the drug enforcement agency, DSS, SSS (Under police control) and no other uniform person, normally in a normal society its unlawful to carry gun no matter what but in Nigeria its becoming everybody thing now in as far you wear uniform either you are garage tout with uniform if you know your way to Aso Rock gun can be license to you by govt to carry on the joy killing maniac.
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by DeBlessedOne(m): 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2017

Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by ultimate73(m): 2:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
ok
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by rolams(m): 2:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
Pls I need more likes, today is my day!
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by whizfache(m): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
Good afternoon sir, please dont forget to take ur drugs dis evening and if ur madness persist for 3 days please consult ur doctor
me69:
It is because you are Igbo maybe becauz this people hate everybody w/o reason
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by loomer: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
bigwig10:
Welcome development only if those securities were checked if mentally balanced to carry those weapons unlike there brothers in black uniform angry

Wetin welcome about the development?

All the policemen wey dey carry gun for airport wetin be their use?
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by enemyofprogress: 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2017
The fear of accidental discharge is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by LockDown69(m): 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
Why not tazers, that's all the way up lethal for an airport security.
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by GGirll: 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
shammah1:
Is Nigeria a war zone? What's all these for? First, it was FRSC now gate men? When will they distribute guns to the innocent Southern Kaduna, Riyom, Bakin Ladi, Jos & Benue indigenous people to defend themselves against the barbaric evil Fulani's? undecided Kukuma dash all of us guns make we start World War III. Nonsense government
also Enugu people to defend themselves....this what they are planning martial law...we need to read d handwritings on d wall.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
ok but meanwhile

Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by poshybae: 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
Welcome development! Can't wait to see them taming all those airports touts and trouble makers, Enough of the big mannism , lawlessness, they don't want to subject themselves to airport security procedures, with this gun carrying everyone will behave and learn to comply with Airport rules and regulations, Airports will be safe for travels!
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by indsstudy: 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
h
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by MOSTEC(m): 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2017
Cool story

Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by mikolo80: 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

Instead of more money in circulation, they are circulating guns ...ngwa e remain hisbah and boys scouts.
small small e go reach ordinary citizen
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by shotster50(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
How long till the first ''accidental discharge'' in an airport
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by Elfaris(m): 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
boman2014:
- Federal government has approved that airport security officers can now carry gun

- The new aviation security arrangement will take the form of the United States’ Transportation Security Administration (TSA)

With the fleeing of Boko Haram insurgents from Sambisa forest, the federal government has approved that security personnel at the nation’s airports will now bear arms as a measure to improve the general security at the airports and guard against any possible terror attacks.

The government also assured that Nigeria will have a national carrier before the end of this year.

In a related development, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved the completion of Kaduna airport terminal building at the cost of N1 billion.

Minister of state for aviation, Hadi Sirika, disclosed these to state house correspondents after the FEC meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa, Abuja.

Sirika asserted that the federal government is very serious about aviation security, saying that, just last week, the president approved that aviation security personnel should bear arms.

He explained that the new aviation security arrangement will take the form of the United States’ Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

Sirika said: “So we are trying to make them take the form and shape of TSA of the US with K-9 dogs, handcuffs, the guards, the batons, light weapons, etc. The minister of interior is helping us in that regard, with the directive of Mr. President.

“They are partnering with us and other stakeholders to keep our airports secure. All these will be unveiled at the next stakeholders’ meeting.”

On the issue of national carrier, the minister said it will be wholly private sector-driven.

He contended that, with the exception of Ethiopian Airline, it had been proved that government does not do well with this kind of venture.

He said: “When we came in, we were very clear on our targets and goals and what we set out to achieve. And we did say that Nigeria does not have a national airline. The national airline will be one that the government will have no hand in; normally it can have three per cent. It will be private sector-led, private sector-driven.

“We are going to have a national carrier; it is on course, and because it is a Public-Private Project (PPP) thing, it has to go through IC and C, and it also has to follow all the due process. So it is time consuming, but I hope that, very soon, before the end of the year, we will have a very strong, viable national airline.

“For me, if any airline will have the capacity to deploy several aircraft with seamless operation, non-disruptive, provide the service, go the long haul, take advantage and give other international airlines a run for their money, we don’t need to get involved; it is because there is none.”

The aviation minister recalled that the Nigerian Airways used to do all of this, but that in the wisdom of the then government, it liberalised the sector, adding that because of the absence of Nigeria’s capacity, most of these airlines came and left as fast as they came in.

Sirika, however, gave the assurance that the government was addressing all of these concerns.

“We are going to establish this national carrier and it will give good service. This is the solution, because Nigeria has the market: we are 180 million (in population); we are sitting in West Africa, and in the West African market, we are 450 million (in population) and Nigeria is the major player."

Sirika also revealed that FEC had approved the completion of the Kaduna terminal building for the sum of N1 billion. He noted that the contract for the project was awarded in 2011 and work commenced in 2012.

According to him, the variation of contract sum became necessary when during the rehabilitation of the terminal building, a contractor noticed some structural damage to the building itself and then increased the scope of work to be done.

On how to manage the closure of Abuja airport and construction of Kaduna terminal, he said that there is another elaborate terminal robust enough to take the passengers for the duration of six weeks.

He said: “It will not hinder it; it will not stop them also from working. It may be also a bonus if the contractor is able to run through and finish before March, but whether it is finished or not, it will not affect the operations because there are enough buildings to carry out the operations of the airport.”

Meanwhile, British Airways cabin crew has decided to embark on a 48-hour strike from January 10, 2017. The strike is as a result of an ongoing pay dispute.

The decision to embark on a strike came after union members voted by 7 to 1 to reject a pay offer from the airline.

https://www.naij.com/1080955-federal-government-approves-guns-airport-security-officers.html
This is a welcome development, the security of citizens should be the number one priority of any serious govt. without security there can be no meaningfull development in a country. On the national carrier it's a good move that it has come to limelight .let Nigeria get a national carrier... #GodBlessPmb #GodBlessNigeria.
Re: Federal Government Approves Guns For Airport Security Officers by ogadriva(m): 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
great news

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Airport Staff Protest Salary Non-Payment, Seize Passengers' Luggage / Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK / Ibadan People Scooping Fuel From A Broken Down Petrol Tanker (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.