Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo (701341 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by dharmieex: 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
Try to inrease ya episode daily na.... One can jux get tayad of waitin if u nat postin eritym. Am tayad of checkin baq always
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by oluwaseun15(f): 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
rachealfst:
Dedication:
sunshine46, wizsolzy, follyshade, loveyP, afolulatex20, Xerox01, Dinabella, manuel80, oluwaseun15, princessadeola, holufunmie, skillful01, Omotayelolu, Azeequeen, anakadrian, sirblero

Episode 14

Days later, I got a call from him.
“You know I’m travelling next weekend and I really wish we could meet one more time before I leave” he said

“Is that really necessary, we can talk on phone” I said

“Daniella, I really had a nice time the other day can you please oblige me?”

“I told you I’m always busy during the week, there’s no way I can meet up with you”

“Are you saying I won’t get to see you before leaving?”

“When exactly are you leaving?”

“On Saturday”

“Ok, let’s do it this way, we could meet on Saturday at the Airport and keep you company until your flight is ready to take off”

“That idea is not bad, I’m happy you’ll be the last person I’ll see before I leave but I would have loved it if we meet before then” he said.

“Sorry about that”

“Promise me you’ll find time to chat with me everyday online before saturday”

“Promise”

“Good, thanks”

“We’ll see on Saturday”

“Saturday it is then, good night and sleep tight”
“Good night” I said and the line went off.

Seriously, I don’t trust all this America based Nigerian guys, some just come down to Nigeria and trick girls, some will even claim single when they are happily married with kids over there. But there’s something about Daniel that seems different. He sounds honest, sincere and I think he’s transparent. You can read him like a book. I feel safe with him as a friend.

During the week, we chatted online, I don’t know why but I feel free with him, we talked about so many things via chat. He also made it a point of duty to call everyday during the week.

On Saturday, I left my house for Muritala Mohammed Airport. I called him when I got there and he told me where to meet him.
He was so happy when he saw me, Mr Paul was with him too. He hugged me, I greeted Mr Paul when he released me.

“Looking beautiful as ever”

“Thanks, you are not looking bad yourself” I said shyly

We sat at the departure, Mr Paul got us some light refreshments.

“I’m coming back next month by God’s grace” he said

“Are you coming back finally” I asked

“Yes, my IT company is kicking off next month, we’ve succeeded in putting everything in place, thanks to God and off course Mr Paul has been of great help”

“That’s nice, I’m happy for you. Thank you Mr Paul” I said facing him.

“Thank God, I’m glad everything turned out well too”
I got to know that Mr Paul owns one of the most prominent IT firm in Lagos

“Daniella! I already told Mr Paul to get me an accommodation before I come back so I won’t have to stay in the hotel when I return” Daniel explained.

“That’s good, you already have everything planned out” I said.

We all continue chatting, Mr Paul asked for my number and we both exchanged numbers. He also gave me his complimentary card.
By 7pm, the public address system announced his flight.

“I guess it’s goodbye” I said

“Yes, and I’m going to miss you and Mr Paul. You guys really made my stay in Nigeria worthwhile”

“I think you’ll miss Mr Paul more, since you are always together since you came to Nigeria. This is my second time of setting my eyes on you “ I said

“You think so, I don’t feel like we just met, I felt like I’ve known you since forever” Daniel countered

“Really! If that’s the case don’t miss me too much then” I said playfully.

“I’ll try not to, he said holding my cheek gently with his hands”

“It’s time to go” Mr Paul announced

“Mr Paul can you please help me take her home” Daniel requested.

“Sure I will” Mr Paul replied him.

Daniel hugged me and whispered slowly into my ears “I will be back”

“I’ll be expecting you” I whispered into his ears too.

Thanks for the mention dear,happy birthday in arrears,wow thats cool,i just hope daniel will make daniella happy and not behave like her ex and hope he didnt have wife and kids abroad......just hope he is saying the truth......keep it up dear you are wonderful

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Kaodek(m): 8:56pm On Jan 14, 2017
Tunde will soon be back.... Cos he never breakup with u yet, he jst asked for li2 break grin

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Orlolahdey(f): 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
pls update ooo...Nice storyline dear

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2017
Dedication:
Dapo97, Babysuccess02, Favouritetega, izito, burna1jonzin samyfreshsmooth, Michelle55

Episode 15

On our way home, Mr Paul and I were chatting while driving, when he suddenly changed the topic.
“You are a Christian right? He asked

“Yes I am” I replied

“I’m sorry, but what I’m about to say may sound like I’m intruding…”

“Mr Paul, feel free to say whatever you want to say”

“Miss Daniella, once again I’m sorry for intruding…”

“Intrude, you have my permission” I said

“I think you should start praying about him”

“About who?” I asked

“Mr Daniel” he replied

“You are still talking in parables Mr Paul”

“I think he really likes you, I’m a man and I know when a man likes a woman, I can see it in his eyes that he likes you”

“How can I start praying about someone I just met?”

“I know you just met, but that did not change the fact that he likes you. Anytime I’m with him in the hotel, he only talks about two things, work and you”

“He talks about me?”

“He did not tell me he likes you or something but there’s a way your name always come up in all our conversations”

“Really!”

“I advice you start praying now, because one thing is sure, he would like to be with you when he comes back finally to Nigeria”

“Did he tell you he has a girlfriend in the state?” I asked Mr Paul

“Yes and she already broke up with her” he replied

“What if she decides to come back with him”

“We are not sure of that, but from what he said, I think the lady had made up her mind”

“Thanks for the advice, I’ll think about it”
Some minutes later, he pulled over in front of my house, I alighted and thanked him. He promise to keep in touch.

I got into the house, I met my Parent in the sitting room, I already informed them before I left the house earlier that I want to see a friend off to the airport. I greeted them, they ask about my friend and I answered them. I got to my room and took my bath and change to my night wear.

I lay on my bed and thought about everything Mr Paul said. I know I don’t need a sooth sayer to tell me that Daniel likes me and I like him too. My only concerns is that we don’t really know each other and of course he has a girlfriend and there’s all possibility that she can come back with him.

I said my prayers before I slept, I also prayed for Daniel safe trip too. While praying I remembered what Mr Paul said.

“Lord, let thy will be done” I muttered before sleeping.

I woke up around 5am, I had my quiet time. I was about rounding up when I heard my mom called my name, it was time for devotion. I was on my way to the sitting room to join the rest of the family for morning devotion when I heard my phone ringing.

It was Daniel, we exchanged greetungs. He told me he’s now in New York.
“Good to hear, thank God for safe trip” I said

“Pamilerin” my mummy called out.

“I can hear someone calling you “ he said

“It’s my mom, its time for Family devotion, I have to go now” I informed him.

“I’ll call back later” he said and hung up.

He called back in the evening, we talked at length. He told me how much he missed me and Mr Paul but he missed me more. He even said his family members said he has changed ever since he came back.

“Change how?” I asked him.

“They said my countenance changed ever since I came back from Nigeria”

“I told them I’m happy about my IT Firm that is kicking off soon, but my younger sister insisted there’s more to it. And of a truth there’s more to it”

“There’s more to it?”

“Yes”

“What did you now tell them” I asked

“I told them about you of course” he replied

“Me! What did you tell them about me?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll tell you what I told them later, but trust me its not something bad”

“You can’t be serious, I need to know what you told them”

“Don’t sweat it, I won’t tell you now, I will tell you later”

“OK, if you insist”

I want to end this call now, let’s talk on Skype, I’ve missed that pretty face, its that OK with you?”

“Yes, it’s OK”

He ended the call, called backed on skype and we continue our talk via video call.
“I want to hear your voice and see this face everyday till I come back to Nigeria, will you oblige me?” he asked

“Everyday? You are funny”

“I’m not joking, I’m serious here, just give me the go ahead”

“Mr Daniel, we barely know each other, what could we possibly be discussing everyday”

“I thought we’ve pass that stage Miss Daniella” he said calmly.

“Still we can still over rule the fact that we just met”

“That’s why I’m doing all this, I want to know you, I want us to know each other better”

“It’s OK, but….

“What’s the but again?”

“Let’s make the video calls on weekends”

“If that’s what you want, its OK by me” he said.

“One more thing let’s drop this “Mr” and “Miss” thing, just call me Daniel “ he said

“Just call me Daniella too” I said and we both laughed.

Some minutes later we ended the video call.
I think he likes me but I must thread carefully, considering where I’m coming from. More so, he has a girlfriend in the states, who can decide to change her mind and come back with me. I decided not to raise my hope or have any expectations.

Good night everyone.

12 Likes

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
Cc:
Ego2, Gamesound, Ashley87, disguyz, maggdon femme, incredible16, yorhmienerd, heemah
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by heemah(f): 9:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
rachealfst:
Cc:
Ego2, Gamesound, Ashley87, disguyz, maggdon femme, incredible16, yorhmienerd, heemah
hmmmmnnn! Fowl yansh don open grin grin.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by yorhmienerd(m): 9:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
rachealfst:
Cc:
Eg o2, Games ound, Ash ley87, disg uyz, mag gdon fem me, incr edible16, yorhmien erd, hee mah
Weldone ma'am, I was just passing by. cool

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sweet buttered popcorn for you Rachael

Good night and sweet dreams

You have made my day

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by izito(m): 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
tanks for d dedication......

mak barman bring one more bottle of AMSTEL MALT for u.....

Meanwhile please can I c a pishure of pamilerin...

bcus dis one everyone is falling in love with her.....

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
izito:
tanks for d dedication......

mak barman bring one more bottle of AMSTEL MALT for u.....

Meanwhile please can I c a pishure of pamilerin...

bcus dis one everyone is falling in love with her.....
Thanks for the drink.
Seriously! You want to see pamilerin's pics? lol
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:33pm On Jan 14, 2017
heemah:

hmmmmnnn! Fowl yansh don open grin grin.
Yea, Bursted! lol.Thanks for following sis.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2017
Adesina12:
Sweet buttered popcorn for you Rachael
Good night and sweet dreams
You have made my day
Thanks dear, have a lovely night rest.
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by ikombe: 10:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
rachealfst:
Babe thanks for the update

3 Likes

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Gamesound(m): 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2017
rachealfst:
Cc:

Was just peeping and expecting one more update
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Chubbiehills(f): 10:47pm On Jan 14, 2017
thanks for this! have been checking my phone since just to see this. enjoy ya night my love

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by izito(m): 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
rachealfst:
Thanks for the drink.
Seriously! You want to see pamilerin's pics? lol

yes oo I want to fall in love wit her too
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Dapo97(m): 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2017
rachealfst:
Dedication:
Dapo97, Babysuccess02, Favouritetega, izito, burna1jonzin samyfreshsmooth, Michelle55

Episode 15

On our way home, Mr Paul and I were chatting while driving, when he suddenly changed the topic.
“You are a Christian right? He asked

“Yes I am” I replied

“I’m sorry, but what I’m about to say may sound like I’m intruding…”

“Mr Paul, feel free to say whatever you want to say”

“Miss Daniella, once again I’m sorry for intruding…”

“Intrude, you have my permission” I said

“I think you should start praying about him”

“About who?” I asked

“Mr Daniel” he replied

“You are still talking in parables Mr Paul”

“I think he really likes you, I’m a man and I know when a man likes a woman, I can see it in his eyes that he likes you”

“How can I start praying about someone I just met?”

“I know you just met, but that did not change the fact that he likes you. Anytime I’m with him in the hotel, he only talks about two things, work and you”

“He talks about me?”

“He did not tell me he likes you or something but there’s a way your name always come up in all our conversations”

“Really!”

“I advice you start praying now, because one thing is sure, he would like to be with you when he comes back finally to Nigeria”

“Did he tell you he has a girlfriend in the state?” I asked Mr Paul

“Yes and she already broke up with her” he replied

“What if she decides to come back with him”

“We are not sure of that, but from what he said, I think the lady had made up her mind”

“Thanks for the advice, I’ll think about it”
Some minutes later, he pulled over in front of my house, I alighted and thanked him. He promise to keep in touch.

I got into the house, I met my Parent in the sitting room, I already informed them before I left the house earlier that I want to see a friend off to the airport. I greeted them, they ask about my friend and I answered them. I got to my room and took my bath and change to my night wear.

I lay on my bed and thought about everything Mr Paul said. I know I don’t need a sooth sayer to tell me that Daniel likes me and I like him too. My only concerns is that we don’t really know each other and of course he has a girlfriend and there’s all possibility that she can come back with him.

I said my prayers before I slept, I also prayed for Daniel safe trip too. While praying I remembered what Mr Paul said.

“Lord, let thy will be done” I muttered before sleeping.

I woke up around 5am, I had my quiet time. I was about rounding up when I heard my mom called my name, it was time for devotion. I was on my way to the sitting room to join the rest of the family for morning devotion when I heard my phone ringing.

It was Daniel, we exchanged greetungs. He told me he’s now in New York.
“Good to hear, thank God for safe trip” I said

“Pamilerin” my mummy called out.

“I can hear someone calling you “ he said

“It’s my mom, its time for Family devotion, I have to go now” I informed him.

“I’ll call back later” he said and hung up.

He called back in the evening, we talked at length. He told me how much he missed me and Mr Paul but he missed me more. He even said his family members said he has changed ever since he came back.

“Change how?” I asked him.

“They said my countenance changed ever since I came back from Nigeria”

“I told them I’m happy about my IT Firm that is kicking off soon, but my younger sister insisted there’s more to it. And of a truth there’s more to it”

“There’s more to it?”

“Yes”

“What did you now tell them” I asked

“I told them about you of course” he replied

“Me! What did you tell them about me?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll tell you what I told them later, but trust me its not something bad”

“You can’t be serious, I need to know what you told them”

“Don’t sweat it, I won’t tell you now, I will tell you later”

“OK, if you insist”

I want to end this call now, let’s talk on Skype, I’ve missed that pretty face, its that OK with you?”

“Yes, it’s OK”

He ended the call, called backed on skype and we continue our talk via video call.
“I want to hear your voice and see this face everyday till I come back to Nigeria, will you oblige me?” he asked

“Everyday? You are funny”

“I’m not joking, I’m serious here, just give me the go ahead”

“Mr Daniel, we barely know each other, what could we possibly be discussing everyday”

“I thought we’ve pass that stage Miss Daniella” he said calmly.

“Still we can still over rule the fact that we just met”

“That’s why I’m doing all this, I want to know you, I want us to know each other better”

“It’s OK, but….

“What’s the but again?”

“Let’s make the video calls on weekends”

“If that’s what you want, its OK by me” he said.

“One more thing let’s drop this “Mr” and “Miss” thing, just call me Daniel “ he said

“Just call me Daniella too” I said and we both laughed.

Some minutes later we ended the video call.
I think he likes me but I must thread carefully, considering where I’m coming from. More so, he has a girlfriend in the states, who can decide to change her mind and come back with me. I decided not to raise my hope or have any expectations.

Good night everyone.
yea night and thanks 4 d dedication
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by YungTemy(m): 12:37am On Jan 15, 2017
Nice work

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Shakyroh320(f): 5:35am On Jan 15, 2017
wrong number is trying to become right number oo,gud morning dearie,hope you had a grt nyt,do av a grt sunday

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by ikombe: 7:23am On Jan 15, 2017
Dapo97:
yea night and thanks 4 d dedication
Why you go quote the whole update

5 Likes

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by wizsolzy(m): 9:28am On Jan 15, 2017
ikombe:

I tire ooo bros...all dis people quoting d whole episode is a very big tunoff ...it makes me wanna slap person.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by cubby4: 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
rachealfst:
Cc: Godbest, ayobakemi ,femzey, cubby4, Favouritetega
tnx 4 d mention ma'am ....lovely story too

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Dapo97(m): 1:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
ikombe:
broda m sowie..Na pankriyon dey take post gringrin
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Dapo97(m): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
wizsolzy:

I tire ooo bros...all dis people quoting d whole episode is a very big tunoff ...it makes me wanna slap person.
knw vex broda!ur slap na manual reset nd i knw want am
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Babsopey(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
rachealfst:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Dedication:
Me, Myself & I

My absence online is nothing but a devil that has come to steal kill and destroy, but I say kolewerk. Imagine I even missed your very birthday.

Me, myself and I, your friend and fan is hereby wishing you a happy belated birthday. I've known you only for few months but you've shown me how wonderful you are in those short period.

When I saw your pictures, I was like damn! How can God endow a single person with beauty and brain. You are a rare gem dear and a wonderful inspiration. As you put smile in people's faces, may smile never leave your face.

This is a year of positive surprises and so shall it be for you. God bless you dear.

From your friend and number one Fan Babsopey, Have a great birthday. Love you

4 Likes

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by manuel80(m): 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
Yea rachaelfst. Keep nailing it.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by OYAY(m): 2:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
rachealfst:
huptin, ayoomolabake, OYAY, phlio666
cho25bc

Thanks for the call,though late but better than never; let me read and say something later. UWC
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Babysuccess02(f): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
[quote author=rachealfst post=52810850]Dedication:

Thanks For The Mention. Hapy Sunday. Plz Update Soon.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by samyfreshsmooth(m): 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
wow wow wow....ma'am u're a great writer....i tot d story was gonna start with a guy calling her number instead of anada bt dis pretty talented writer in d person of rachealfst jxt prepped us up with daniellas past love story....and i like dat

thumbs up ma'am

abeg do me a favour make dat her ex-boyfriend suffer die....u fit even give am small ebola i wont mind

anyhow sha I FOLLOW STILL grin

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by samyfreshsmooth(m): 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
wow wow wow

this miss rachealfst issa super great beautiful writer o

wen i saw d title i tot u were gonna start directly with d guy calling her number instead of anada bt den u prepped us up and gave us an intro to her past love life and me likey dat

thumbs up ma

abeg do me a favour make dat daniella ex bf suffer well well...even if u gve am small ebola i wont mind

anyway sha I FOLLOW STILL grin

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by wizsolzy(m): 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
Dapo97:
knw vex broda!ur slap na manual reset nd i knw want am

No problem bros

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (79) (Reply)

My Husband......... / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.