Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo (701557 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by spiceybae(f): 2:59pm On Feb 11, 2017
nice story dear....dz wz wonderful.while it lasted....holla me on ur nxt story.....

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by pablobellins(m): 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
nanadeeva01:
Daniel, Daniel, Daniel
Pls watch the name u call that name.. that my name, besides am sure the Daniel in this story will turn out when, if not because of anything; Buh because the of op named him Daniel
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by nanadeeva01(f): 8:09pm On Feb 11, 2017
pablobellins:
Pls watch the name u call that name.. that my name, besides am sure the Daniel in this story will turn out when, if not because of anything; Buh because the of op named him Daniel

cheesyshocked
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Howoheye: 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2017
rachealfst:

Ecclesiastes 12:13
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole duty of man.

God bless you all!
Shallom!

God bless and increase you too dear, greater works...!

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Beesluv: 10:25pm On Feb 11, 2017
Wow, i cant believe i read from page 0 to 70 today. Good job rachealfst. You got me glued to my phone

This is the 2nd literature i'v read on NL. The first was that of TiffanyJ (the relunctant bride) that went with the tsunami. Both stories are nice

2 Likes

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by tmgold007(f): 10:33pm On Feb 11, 2017
rachealfst:
Ekiti guy in the building.......
"ìn okun o kete Omo Ekiti, se ala ni Kete ra se o"
ìn o ra.
Thanks bro.

Ohh aba mi lekiti hin okun....hin ku fala folo...proudly ekiti lady grin

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Gerrysparkles(f): 11:20pm On Feb 11, 2017
[quote wauthor=rachealfstpost=53484833]This is not big brother naija o, you wont see gobe here lol. Thanks for following. smiley[/quote] awww datz swit she actualy dedicated most romantic 2 moi feelin special.. diz 1 bera pas #bbn

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by mfujah(m): 5:33am On Feb 12, 2017
i dey envy Daniel right now... i can do better pamilerin.... omg i don forget sef say i don marry.. tur oga Daniel carry go!

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by mfujah(m): 5:36am On Feb 12, 2017
chistar01:
The best relationships are usually those that starts without much thoughts given. This Daniella and Daniel relationship makes me want to love... But everything seems to being going too well and things don't ever go too well, not even in Disney land, let alone reality. So I'm just sipping on my Sprite waiting for the twist, unless I'm wrong and just being a pessimist grin.

Thanks for the dedication.

PEACe.
lol... u are very right but nothing is impossible. ..

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by mfujah(m): 6:54am On Feb 12, 2017
rachealfst:
Hi everyone,

Let's rub minds together.

What will you do as a Lady if you are in Pamilerin's shoes. Will you come out clean?

Guys, how will you take the news, is that the end of the relationship? or you'll ignore the past and move on with her.

Let's hear your view and please be realistic.

Hi racheafst.... my past is my past... i will tell him if i was a lady .. if he wants me fine and if the other way round, i know God sees and knows best.... and as a guy it hard tho to know the past of a woman such as that... it is pure selfishness if i can't accept her.. thanks

2 Likes

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by supernet4(f): 8:27am On Feb 12, 2017
rachealfst:
Again! Thanks for the info dear. Seriously, I'm very happy.
@All the readers, Welcome on board and thanks so much for following. God bless you all. Have a great weekend.

@Adesina12 we need lots of popcorn and wine here to welcome our new friends.

God bless Nairaland!
Tnx for d dedication

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by marvwhite: 9:46am On Feb 12, 2017
(#speechless)....

RACHAELFST you are the BOMB.
If Wole Soyinka is to see the piece,he
would asked himself "HOW DID
RACHAELFST DID IT?"

If Chinua Achebe read this in his early
age before venturing into writting
books,he would have said "I WANT TO
BE LIKE RACHAELFST WHEN I GROW UP"

as for me,"HOW CAN SOMEONE WRITE
GOOD STORIES LIKE THIS?"

Am simply saying,you did a great job ma'am

2 Likes

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by marvwhite: 10:13am On Feb 12, 2017
#mainwhile on NL news#
it's like Mr Valentine didn't die this year due to some inoccurrance and uforseen circustances and melistignineous political 'wa wa'.
In recent time the 'kpa kpa wanga' Instability and rotational 'vu va vu' prior to negligence in the correlation of conspiquoues benevolence the man(mr val) refused to 'kick GP tank' this year.
With extensive search from a drunk reliable source(name witheld) said he saw Mr val leaving his house this morning dressed like a woman earlier today. With this reliabe imformation,it will be said that Mr val has escape his death day(being alive,although in a woman form) .
Here comes a question for all those ''love birds'' WHY ARE YOU WISHING HIM DEAD?

Am marvwhite reporting live from NL news #stay tuned

happy sunday guys

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by damis28crown(f): 2:58pm On Feb 12, 2017
oh my God did i jst see d end let me adjst my glass Nooooooo dis cnt be hapenin dis is d best story hv read @rachealfst u r d best pardon me oo am nt gud at words

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Hadey007(m): 6:55pm On Feb 12, 2017
rachealfst:
Dedicated to all the dedicated readers.

Epilogue

Four years later…..

I slept immediately I came back from Sunday morning service. Joy’s call woke me up. Joy put to bed last month. She gave birth to a baby boy, Testimony. Daniel is Testimony’s God father.
“Hi cousin"

”Hi”

"How are you doing and how’s baby Testimony doing”

“Your baby is doing fine”
she replied

We talked for a while, she’s planning to come back to Nigeria very soon. I spoke to Kola before we ended the call.
Finally God answered our prayers. She had her child through IVF.

I went to the sitting room and met Shallom watching cartoon. I named her Shallom, indeed she was my peace. I have all the peace in the world, peace revolves around me, my friends, loved ones and family are all doing well.

I’ve started running my school and it’s progressing, my husband business is expanding, I have a good home. What else can I ask from God. And to crown it all He gave us this smart, brilliant and beautiful Princess, shalom.
Back to present…..

“Shallom, where is Dee?”

“You mean my Daddy” she said giving me a funny look.

“Where did I get this girl from, she always compete with me when it comes to Daniel” I said to myself.

“I know he’s your Daddy but he’s my husband” I said

“Mummy, Daddy loves me more than you” she gestured with her hands.

“Seriously! What’s your age again?" I asked Shalom.

“Mummy, I’m three. Did you forgot” she said with a straight face.

I swear this girl is hilarious, you need to see her face.
I shake my head. I wonder where she got this sharp tongue from, definitely not from me.

“Fine, you win, so where’s your Daddy” I rephrased my question.

She smiled “He’s at the pool side with Aunt Sharon and Uncle Josh” she said in American accent.

I wonder if accent is hereditary too. If it’s hereditary which I doubt, then she got it from her father and aunt.

“Oh your Aunt is around. Who is with you?”

“Aunt Moyin, she’s in the kitchen to check what she’s cooking” she replied in her babyish voice.

“OK” I turned to leave and she called me.

“Mummy sit” she said and I sat beside her.

“Mummy are you sick?” she asked touching my forehead with her small palm to feel my temperature.

“No, why do you ask?”

“You’ve been sleeping ever since we came back from church”

“Let’s just say that Mummy will soon give you a kid brother”

“Yeah…. She jumped up. Mummy thank you. I can’t wait to have a kid brother”

“Good, let me say hi to your aunt and her husband, I’ll be back”

I went into the kitchen first and pleaded with Moyin to hasten up her cooking, I’m famished.
I went to the pool side, Sharon was heavily pregnant and she was looking beautiful in her flowing gown. She stood up and hugged me, Josh did the same. While Daniel pulled a chair out for me to sit.

"Hope you enjoyed your nap” Daniel said and planted a kiss on my forehead.

I smiled “Yes I did, thanks. That reminds me your daughter said you love her more than you love me. Did you tell her that?”

“Shalom said that!” Josh asked smiling.

“Shallom is smarter than her age, don’t you know” Sharon replied her husband.

“Huh! But I told her not to tell you” Daniel said scratching his head.

“Wow! So you actually did?” I countered.

“Honey, you know Shalom won’t let me off the hook, if I didn’t say that. You know I love you both” he said teasingly.

“I won’t let you off the hook either, we shouldn’t wash our dirty linens in front of Josh and Sharon, so we’ll thrash it out later” I said jokingly and we all laughed out loud.

Some minutes later, Moyin came out and told us that food is ready.
I followed her back into the house to set the table.
We all ate together except Shallom who was busy watching cartoon, she already took noodles earlier, so she wasn’t hungry.

The couples left later in the evening. At night, I bathed Shallom, read her stories. That reminds me, Daniel talked me into doing this, you know all this there American stuff. Who read me story before I sleep when I was young, I doubt if my parents had such time. So with time, I got used to it. Now I read her stories before bedtime while Daniel tagged along.

We left her room when she fell asleep and went to our bedroom. My husband kissed my little baby bump, He wrapped his hands around me on the bed. He thanked me for every good thing I brought into his life. He thanked me for my impact on his sister, he was so proud of the woman Sharon had become.

He also thanked me for giving him a beautiful and intelligent daughter and for carrying another one.
I smiled and remembered how the journey all started.

He dialed a wrong number, but he turned out to be the right man for me.

THE END

#We can be age mate, but we might not be grace mate#

Don’t do things because your friends are doing it, that friend might get away with and you won’t.
Thank God Daniella found grace.

Some people made some decisions in the past and live with the consequences for the rest of their lives. Some do not even live to tell the story.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole duty of man.

Appreciation
I thank God for the gift of life, wisdom and inspiration. His grace is sufficient for me.

I also want to say a big thank you to all my amiable readers. I couldn't have done this without you. Thanks to everyone who took their time to comment on every post. You guys are wonderful. I love you all and I mean it. I can't start mentioning names but you all know your self.God bless you for me.

To the great writers as well who stood by me and supported me all through. Thank you, God bless you all. Greater height in Jesus name.

God bless you all!
Shallom!
this is one of the most emotional, romantic and inspiring story. No doubt about it you are a genius writer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by mfujah(m): 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
queenitee:

You again?
... lol..... politcaltug... i come dey like this guy o... no homo pls...lol
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by mfujah(m): 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
yorhmienerd:
You need this
guy if u dont like a story y not ignore... nah person good work u dey drag for floor...
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by harameede99(f): 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2017
I came late sis rachel i luv hw d story ended abeg where my own daniel ooo or shld i start dailing rong numbers ni

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Toshiba49ja(m): 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
harameede99:
I came late sis rachel i luv hw d story ended abeg where my own daniel ooo or shld i start dailing rong numbers ni

U can start with mine if need be wink
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by alatbaba1(m): 10:02pm On Feb 12, 2017
ikombe:
which kinda thing be dis self

Why you go quote the whole thing

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by harameede99(f): 10:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
Toshiba49ja:

U can start with mine if need be wink
hmmm sounds lyk a gud idea so tell me r u as cute as awa saniel in d story?
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by presido997(m): 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2017
rachealfst:
Cc:

balosammy, akinkudin, Nder, Sharafawizkidayo, hardybatte45, BlissfulJeff, Kaodek, Solvik, olatex25, presido997, firstking01, omisport01, Nelsonoba, Sandydayziz, mcweber, yusufibrahim, Nmaglit, psalmorado05, Sambayus, cherpret, Sirblero, kingphilip, obyikye, holufunmie, chinnyness122, oxygold, omoskenso, victomaniaa, Domance, spixytinzy, Abiolaseyi, pejxy, Carajewel, Iamceejay, princessadeola, ola4ola, Smartbobo, noble4d, teebee22, Archimedes, Adedoyin60 queenpheesah,Evakingz, ROYH, PrettyMizQdot
thanks for the mention, just get it now
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by ikombe: 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2017

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Toshiba49ja(m): 4:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
harameede99:
hmmm sounds lyk a gud idea so tell me r u as cute as awa saniel in d story?

Smile cheesy

Iffa say am cute, u won't bliv shocked

So
U will have to confirm that wink
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by cooluc(f): 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2017
Kudos dear, nice story with lots of moral lessons!

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by harameede99(f): 11:36pm On Feb 13, 2017
Toshiba49ja:

Smile cheesy
Iffa say am cute, u won't bliv shocked
So U will have to confirm that wink
den hw shld i du dat?
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Blecool(f): 1:34pm On Feb 14, 2017
At Last...I Got To The End Of The Story.Thanks To U.God Bless U Real Good

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by alatbaba1(m): 7:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
[quote author=ikombe post=53659678][/quote]

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by crislyn(f): 5:12am On Feb 15, 2017
TiffanyJ:

Sorry dear but I've got to tell you that you just insulted me. I force readers to buy my work? I continue writing under a different name? So sorry ma, I am not so hungry for money to do that. I work, and I earned my salary.
Yes, I sell pdf copies of my first three stories on NL. These stories, I took my time, and completed it here. One of these stories accidentally got wiped out when NL was attacked and I took my time to retype and post it here again. I had to remove some part of my stories when people copy them and paste them in other forums for sale. When readers began asking for these books, I decided to sell three copies, monthly, to three readers I choose. If #1500 is too much to buy three pdf copies of my first three stories is too much then you may as well forget.
For your information, my story, 'Captive of my heart' has never been sold. You know why? Because, I haven't finish running it here on NL. Many came for it but I refused, I can't sell a book I haven't finish writing on NL and the story is still running because I am going through serious health challenges and then, I lost the manuscript. So now, I am busy, re writting it.
I owe you no explanation, but I owe those that trust in me and have great confidence in me. Finally, you most not buy my pdf copies. I sell only three copies at the beginning of every month. I challenge anyone with the complete copy of my last story to come out and disgrace me.
Tiffany I've missed you o..happy New year and thank God for your health. Patiently been waiting for the complete story.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by SweetieConstie(f): 2:30pm On Feb 15, 2017
This is an extremely fascinating story! I learnt several lessons... Thumbs up Rachealfst for this wonderful piece! kiss May God bless your brain!! cheesykiss

DharmyYinks would like this one! cheesy

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by SweetieConstie(f): 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2017
MzLarem, comman read oo... You go love this story wella! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by SweetieConstie(f): 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
Has Makydebbie read this story yet? Comman read dear, I bet you'd love this one! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (79) (Reply)

My Husband......... / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.