Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? (821 Views)

Six Acts You Must Be Exhibiting As A Christian / Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? / Bishop Oyedepo: Islamists Are Bent On Islamizing Nigeria, But This Is Not 1964 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
Aren't the actions of Islamists and Jihadists motivated by the quran? If it is, then why does anyone read and tailor their lives around a book that motivates and inspires people to kill and harm their fellow humans?

Also, how could this book have been divinely inspired by the creator of the universe if it admonishes it's adherents to kill and perpetuate violence?

1 Like

Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Ayodeleseyi65(m): 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
The Seventy Virgins I Suppose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
GrizzlyBear:
Aren't the actions of Islamists and Jihadists motivated by the quran? If it is, then why does anyone read and tailor their lives around a book that motivates and inspires people to kill and harm their fellow humans?

Also, how could this book have been divinely inspired by the creator of the universe?
undecided
Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
Jibril659:
undecided

Are the Jihadists and Islamists motivated by verses in the quran or not?

Don't just post emojis. Answer my question.

2 Likes

Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
GrizzlyBear:

Are the Jihadists and Islamists motivated by verses in the quran or not?

Don't just post emojis. Answer my question.
oh please shut up will you
Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
Jibril659:
oh please shut up will you

Why are you evading the question I asked?

1 Like

Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
GrizzlyBear:

Why are you evading the question I asked?
Just like you, Your questions don't make any sense
Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
Jibril659:
Just like you, Your questions don't make any sense

What doesn't make sense about my question? I just asked a simple question: Are the actions of Jihadists and Islamists inspired by the quran? Answer and stop yapping.

1 Like

Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
GrizzlyBear:

What doesn't make sense about my question? I just asked a simple question: Are the actions of Jihadists and Islamists inspired by the quran? Answer and stop yapping.
I don't know what you're talking about lipsrsealed
Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by plappville(f): 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
Jibril659:
I don't know what you're talking about lipsrsealed

Are you a Muslim ?

1 Like

Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
plappville:

Are you a Muslim ?
yes, and I know you were expecting me to respond by telling you how Christianity is a hoax.
Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by plappville(f): 11:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
GrizzlyBear:

Also, how could this book have been divinely inspired by the creator of the universe if it admonishes it's adherents to kill and perpetuate violence?

OP, it's obvious the quantity inspires Muslims to kill none Muslims. But not all of them have the strong mind you execute this command. The jihadist's are the true Muslims practicin Islam to its letter's. Killing kafirs is normal to them. What i do not understand is The when they do is kill themselves. Example: sunny muslimited killing shiit. Allah n'a wao oo

2 Likes

Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by plappville(f): 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
Jibril659:
yes, and I know you were expecting me to respond by telling you how Christianity is a hoax.

Expecting you ke? Far from that. What do u have to say abut the so much suicide bombing in the Islamic world including Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Bayhaqqi: 11:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
IS dat what u think or what u believe..?
Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
plappville:

Expecting you ke? Far from that. What do u have to say abut the so much suicide bombing in the Islamic world including Nigeria?
Knowing how to recite the Qur'an, Putting on a Hijab or a Kaftan, that doesn't make you a Muslim. People who carry out these acts do so with the intent of tarnishing the image of Islam, no where is it mentioned in the Qur'an.
Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by shadeyinka(m): 11:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
GrizzlyBear:

The actions of Jihadists and Islamists are NOT directly inspired by the quran but by the Hadiths and Sunna's.

This Hadith's and Sunna's contains traditions and deeds of the prophet of Islam.

The problem is that many of these are termed weak hadith's by modern Muslims but held high by the so called Jihadists.

Unfortunately too, the Quran too blows hot and cold on issues of who to fight and who to bless as a Muslim. So, while some verses speak about peace, others talk about violence. Eg. ..there is no compulsion in religion vs fight them, kill them using all strategies of war!
Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Haroun13(m): 6:01am On Jan 06, 2017
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

GrizzlyBear:
Aren't the actions of Islamists and Jihadists motivated by the quran?
Depends on the "actions" you are talking about, because in the real sense, jihad means to struggle, strive or persevere. So, it can be in the form of a personal struggle, helping one's parents (this is one of the best), speaking a just statement to a tyrannical ruler, standing up for/defending the poor, weak and oppressed. Jihad doesn't mean going on a killing spree on people who do not agree with your belief, because the Quran already commands Muslims to argue (religious discussions) with unbelievers in ways that are best, and using the best of manners. If I kill you, have I even giving you a chance to accept Islam?, NO. So, it is a grave sin to kill anyone unjustly.

If it is, then why does anyone read and tailor their lives around a book that motivates and inspires people to kill and harm their fellow humans?
It's obviously not. If you open your mind, you'll see that.

The Qur'an is divine.
For the latter part, READ ABOVE.

Salaam.
Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by Haroun13(m): 6:07am On Jan 06, 2017
plappville:

OP, it's obvious the quantity inspires Muslims to kill none Muslims. But not all of them have the strong mind you execute this command. The jihadist's are the true Muslims practicin Islam to its letter's. Killing kafirs is normal to them. What i do not understand is The when they do is kill themselves. Example: sunny muslimited killing shiit. Allah n'a wao oo
Seems like you are someone that likes violence, from most of your posts. Anyways, if you read my above post (the one before this), you'll get the meaning of jihad, and subsequently, a "jihadist". So, if you are talking about jihad in the light of my above post, then, truly, they are the best of Muslims. But if you are speaking in the light of radical suicide squads, that is completely against Islam.
Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by annunaki2(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2017
shadeyinka:

The actions of Jihadists and Islamists are NOT directly inspired by the quran but by the Hadiths and Sunna's.

This Hadith's and Sunna's contains traditions and deeds of the prophet of Islam.

The problem is that many of these are termed weak hadith's by modern Muslims but held high by the so called Jihadists.

Unfortunately too, the Quran too blows hot and cold on issues of who to fight and who to bless as a Muslim. So, while some verses speak about peace, others talk about violence. Eg. ..there is no compulsion in religion vs fight them, kill them using all strategies of war!

The quoran is equally guilty as it contains over 140 terror inspiring/instructing verses. Quoran 9:5, quoran 9:29, quoran 8:39 are just a ffew examples of these terror inspiring verses.
Re: What Motivates The Violent Acts Of Jihadists And Islamists? by alBHAGDADI: 8:45am On Jan 06, 2017
plappville:

They kill themselves because they are confused. When you live by the sword, you die by the sword and the sword will never depart from such a person's household.

(1) (Reply)

An Interview With Bible And Qur'an / I Need Your Advice Please / What Does Grace Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.