Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,002 members, 7,845,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) (42584 Views)

Traditionalist Who Didn’t Marry His Baby Mama, Reveals Why. Photos / Who Is Worshiping Idol Now?; Traditionalist Asks As He Shares These Photos / Fake Prophetess Exposed In Akwa Ibom As Youths Discover Charms, Fetish Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by mamachizzy(f): 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
Did he enter anybody's house to burn down anything??
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by vital123: 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
Christane:
i'm a christain bt wat d pastor did z nt right ..nobody av right to invade somebody else privacy nt to talk of distroying is property ..becus u dnt blv in z religion .jst becus u theme z religion evil ...wat if d traditional worshipers decided to burn down z church wat wil he do abt dat ...
Was it stated that the Pastor went to get the items from the shrine?
I suppose the owners of these Idols gave them up willingly for them to be burnt.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
How would they feel if the mary statue,and other saint statues are burnt?
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by makoota: 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
The priest did not force any body to bring out those things. It was the people who did not not need them that brought them our to be burned and they did not complain

1 Like

Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by 3Ceagle(m): 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
Majority of the youths on Nairaland and indeed Nigeria lack objective reasoning and that is why Nigeria is the way it is today. No matter how we blame the leadership, we fail to understand , it's the product of our believes, actions or inaction . That was a crusade organised by some business men in which some individual must have willingly submitted their worship items for destruction. It is sensational for any one mention shrine and worship places. No matter how you dislike the other persons religion, atleast be objective in commenting on what relates to the religion.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Emassive(m): 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
From your name. We know you are an islamic bigot or a boko boy in the making.
hakeem4:
If boko haram destroy their own church now, they'd be shouting buhari is silent
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by leofab(f): 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
bezimo:

Dont be daft and stupid Ok.Receive sense and differentiate between Christianity and Idolatory.
You talk as if everyone doesn't know islam for such kind of violence, bloodshed and destruction. Smh.
what if he different Intellegent goat? Ohhhh o remember one of white origin while the other is of Blackman's origin.. next time always do others what you want others to do to you.... quote me and see how your testicles will fall off

Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by delishpot: 12:10am On Jan 07, 2017
iRyan:
I actually found your comment hilarious. You're not a Christian either right?

Not the way it is practiced today.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 07, 2017
Good job Pastor....burn down all idols and idol worshippers cheesy
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Kenmoris22: 6:44am On Jan 07, 2017
Some people talking trash as if God debit there brain from birth what the priest is doing is very good the priest did not come there on his own he was invited by the community and majority must agree before his coming
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Igbokao: 7:05am On Jan 07, 2017
We all know that christianity was forced unto us by the Portuguese "missionaries," who came with the ultimate intention of enslaving us and stealing from us, yet many of us behave as if, somehow, christianity and bible were handed over to us by some true almighty God.

The stealing and destruction of traditional items of religious worship by Fr. Ebube Muonso and his bodyguards is a serious criminal act, and must be punished by imprisonment. The "Rev Father" and all the perpetrators should be arrested and charged. Our planet, Earth, on which we live has no God of any kind. What you see is what you get. There is no invisible God living in the cloud, or heaven, or anywhere. Nobody, dead or alive has ever seen a real God of any kind, and nobody ever will.

The story of Adam and Eve, and most stories in the Bible, and all other religious literatures are fake. We already understand how we, humans, have evolved to the present day. And we have a pretty good understanding of the process of formation of our planet and billions of other planets in the universe. Our people need to be liberated from this scourging ignorance.
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by wirinet(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2017
3Ceagle:
Majority of the youths on Nairaland and indeed Nigeria lack objective reasoning and that is why Nigeria is the way it is today. No matter how we blame the leadership, we fail to understand , it's the product of our believes, actions or inaction . That was a crusade organised by some business men in which some individual must have willingly submitted their worship items for destruction. It is sensational for any one mention shrine and worship places. No matter how you dislike the other persons religion, atleast be objective in commenting on what relates to the religion.

And you have objective reasoning? You are supporting the desecration of other religions by your own religious priests and you are here talking about objective reasoning. If it was recently converted atheist or Muslims that gathered Christian sacred objects like bibles, crucifixes, roseries, crosses, etc, and burn them publicly, you would not be talking of objective reasoning. Try burning the Koran, praying beads, photos of mecca and other Muslim sacred objects and see if you would live to talk about objective reasoning.
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by whizcartel(m): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2017
But what if all this objects were personal items? That were remitted by people who decided to repent. But if that's not the case, it's absolutely wrong.
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by JhyMedex: 10:52am On Jan 07, 2017
Everyone was frothing at the mouth d oda day wen a Traditionalist tore the bible...
Nw same pple b approving same action jst because it's done by one of theirs against anoda...

Human beings n double standards...

Well,All dt need sayin has bn said...

NB: Calling Catholic Priest “Pastors" is a kinda misleading....

1 Like

Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Augusttusrobben(m): 11:35am On Jan 07, 2017
dainformant:
A hardcore traditionalist Chiukwuemeka Nwokedi, has reacted furiously after "fetish" items were burnt and destroyed yesterday by a popular priest, Rev Fr Ebube Muonso, at Ekwulobia township stadium in a crusade organized by association of Anambra business men and women. According to him, 'you have no right whatsoever to invade someone's place of worship and burn it down simple because you don't believe in their method of worship'. See more details below;

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/01/traditionalist-reacts-after-pastor.html

Youd

Yo

You d

Y

D

You d

U d

Yo

You don
JhyMedex:
Everyone was frothing at the mouth d oda day wen a Traditionalist tore the bible...
Nw same pple b approving same action jst because it's done by one of theirs against anoda...

Human beings n double standards...

Well,All dt need sayin has bn said...

NB: Calling Catholic Priest “Pastors" is a kinda misleading....

You don't need to fight for gods if it has power let it fight for imself

Yo

You d

1 Like

Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2017
XXLDICK:
May Amadioha punish the stupid priest.

I see Christians happy, but when Muslims set a church on fire they will start crying freedom of worship.

Hypocrites

See the comment below mine...

R2des, where was your Jesus when Muslims burnt down churches

See why I don't pity Christians... They are guilty of what they castigate.

Where are our law enforcement agencies

See your life situation?? Amadioha indeed, if your god has power he should fight for himself
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
Igbokao:
We all know that christianity was forced unto us by the Portuguese "missionaries," who came with the ultimate intention of enslaving us and stealing from us, yet many of us behave as if, somehow, christianity and bible were handed over to us by some true almighty God.

The stealing and destruction of traditional items of religious worship by Fr. Ebube Muonso and his bodyguards is a serious criminal act, an must be punished by imprisonment. The "Rev Father" and all the perpetrators should be arrested and charged. Our planet, Earth, on which we live has no God of any kind. What you see is what you get. There is no invisible God living in the cloud, or heaven, or anywhere. Nobody, dead or alive has ever seen a real God of any kind, and nobody ever will.

The story of Adam and Eve, and most stories in the Bible, and all other religious literatures are fake. We already understand how we, humans, has evolved to the present day. And we have a pretty good understanding of the process of formation of our planet and billions of other planets in the universe. Our people need to be liberated from this scourging ignorance.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
This is why I love the Catholic Church, we've always been against paganism; bringing down their strong holds, converting their celebrations and destroying them totally

If the pagan god has power let him or her challenge the Catholic Church, that will be another squashing as we've been doing for centuries, we will surely do it again
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
arixsto2:
am a christian, but i against such act. It is barbaric

What type of Christian will tolerate Idol worship?
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by wirinet(m): 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:
This is why I love the Catholic Church, we've always been against paganism; bringing down their strong holds, converting their celebrations and destroying them totally

If the pagan god has power let him or her challenge the Catholic Church, that will be another squashing as we've been doing for centuries, we will surely do it again

You are boasting here simply because paganism is a minority religion and is non violent, you know they will not retaliate. Try it against Islam or Judaism or even against the Sikhs, they will remove your heads from your shoulders.

Sometimes, i wish our ancestors were as aggressive as the Christians and Muslims, when they brought foreign Gods to our lands, by now we would not be worshiping and bowing down before white Gods.
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
wirinet:

You are boasting here simply because paganism is a minority religion and is non violent, you know they will not retaliate. Try it against Islam or Judaism or even against the Sikhs, they will remove your heads from your shoulders.

Sometimes, i wish our ancestors were as aggressive as the Christians and Muslims, when they brought foreign Gods to our lands, by now we would not be worshiping and bowing down before white Gods.

Lol let me ask you, has Islamists ever been able to conquer a Country with majority of Catholics, has it happened before? You think Muslims don't know where to draw the line with their aggression grin

FYI we serve the same God with the Jews so why should we fight them?

Your ancestors cannot withstand the GOD of Christians that's why they are easily conquered.
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by XXLDICK(m): 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

See your life situation?? Amadioha indeed, if your god has power he should fight for himself
Yeah, just like your God fights for Himself when Muslims burn churches undecided
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by wirinet(m): 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol let me ask you, has Islamists ever been able to conquer a Country with majority of Catholics, has it happened before? You think Muslims don't know where to draw the line with their aggression grin
Yes, the Islamists have conquered numerous counties with Christian or catholic majority. Turkey was once a almost 100% Christian country, in fact it was in Turkey antioch that Christians were first called Christians, but today turkey is almost 100% Islamists country. Same goes for Syria, Egypt and most of Palestine outside Israel.
Even Spain was conquered and occupied by Muslims for more than 2 centuries.

FYI we serve the same God with the Jews so why should we fight them?
False. The Jews serve one God, Yahweh, meanwhile you Christians serve a 3 in 1 god of Jesus, Yahweh and a holy spirit. It is blasphemy to Jews to say they serve the same God (s) with Christians.
[/quote]
Your ancestors cannot withstand the GOD of Christians that's why they are easily conquered. [/quote]

My ancestors were easy conquered because they were naive and too docile, and the Christians had superior weapons. If my people had been aggressive like the Zulus, they would have put up more resistance to being conquered and enslaved.
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2017
wirinet:

Yes, the Islamists have conquered numerous counties with Christian or catholic majority. Turkey was once a almost 100% Christian country, in fact it was in Turkey antioch that Christians were first called Christians, but today turkey is almost 100% Islamists country. Same goes for Syria, Egypt and most of Palestine outside Israel.
Even Spain was conquered and occupied by Muslims for more than 2 centuries.

False. The Jews serve one God, Yahweh, meanwhile you Christians serve a 3 in 1 god of Jesus, Yahweh and a holy spirit. It is blasphemy to Jews to say they serve the same God (s) with Christians.

Your ancestors cannot withstand the GOD of Christians that's why they are easily conquered.

My ancestors were easy conquered because they were naive and too docile, and the Christians had superior weapons. If my people had been aggressive like the Zulus, they would have put up more resistance to being conquered and enslaved.

I said has any predominantly Catholic country been conquered by Islamists before? I mean catholic, like Ireland, Brazil, Portugal, Poland, Austria, Spain, Italy, and so on, I hope you understand what I mean.

It seems you don't know the Catholic Church, try and read Catholic history

As for Yaweh , Christians worship Him, we also believe in the trinity, unfortunately the Jews are still stumbling one day they will know the truth

Lol your ancestors resisted but they were conquered by the superior power of the British (Christian) army.
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by wirinet(m): 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

I said has any predominantly Catholic country been conquered by Islamists before? I mean catholic, like Ireland, Brazil, Portugal, Poland, Austria, Spain, Italy, and so on, I hope you understand what I mean.

It seems you don't know the Catholic Church, try and read Catholic history

As for Yaweh , Christians worship Him, we also believe in the trinity, unfortunately the Jews are still stumbling one day they will know the truth

Lol your ancestors resisted but they were conquered by the superior power of the British (Christian) army.

All the examples I gave were once catholic dominated countries and you are still shouting, " no predominantly catholic country has ever been conquered by Islamists before". Are you sure you are human and not a bot? Because you are repeating the same thing over and over again despite facts given. Byzantium was a 100% catholic country before it was overran by the mohammedians, so also was Spain.
Brazil, Portugal and most of those countries you mentioned had never been invaded by the Muslims, so how can you talk about never being conquered if they had never been invaded.

So you are now claiming you know the Jewish god more than the Jews themselves, which characters constitute more than 95% of the bible. That is what I call arrogance in ignorance.

The west Africans never resisted at all the invasion of our lands. They allowed the Portuguese missionaries and slave merchants free access to our lands. Before we realized it, it was already too late.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by arixsto2(m): 12:36am On Jan 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

What type of Christian will tolerate Idol worship?

it doesnt justified the action , what make them difference from BokoHARAM if they start attacking other religion just because they have majority of member in that geopolitics. As far the law are concern is a breach someone else privilege. When did pastor turn to the national temple of jungle justice. It really barbaric and disdane.
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Nobody: 4:17am On Jan 08, 2017
wirinet:

All the examples I gave were once catholic dominated countries and you are still shouting, " no predominantly catholic country has ever been conquered by Islamists before". Are you sure you are human and not a bot? Because you are repeating the same thing over and over again despite facts given. Byzantium was a 100% catholic country before it was overran by the mohammedians, so also was Spain.
Brazil, Portugal and most of those countries you mentioned had never been invaded by the Muslims, so how can you talk about never being conquered if they had never been invaded.

So you are now claiming you know the Jewish god more than the Jews themselves, which characters constitute more than 95% of the bible. That is what I call arrogance in ignorance.

The west Africans never resisted at all the invasion of our lands. They allowed the Portuguese missionaries and slave merchants free access to our lands. Before we realized it, it was already too late.

Why posting lies? Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, etc were never under the Roman Catholic Church, stop lying. I have posted the history of Christianity in Sudan, take note that the Eastern Orthodox church is not under Roman Catholic

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church

Were we colonized by Portuguese or the British? You dull Sha cheesy (no offense)
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by wirinet(m): 7:53am On Jan 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why posting lies? Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, etc were never under the Roman Catholic Church, stop lying. I have posted the history of Christianity in Sudan, take note that the Eastern Orthodox church is not under Roman Catholic

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church

Were we colonized by Portuguese or the British? You dull Sha cheesy (no offense)

See arrogance in ignorance. Please which schools did you attend? I need to know to make sure nobody I know sends their children to these schools.
Constantinpole which later became byzantine, was the capital of the Roman Catholic church. It is present day Istanbul.
6th century spain was 100% catholic until it was invaded and taken over by the moors.

The first Europeans to venture into sub Saharan Africa were the Portuguese sailors under the instructions of Henry the navigator. Lagos was named after the main Portuguese slave port, even biafra was named after a Portuguese village. The British were late comers in maritime exploration and thus entered the slave trade, colonisation and evangelization relatively late.
Nigeria was handed over to Britain after the 1884 Berlin conference to prevent the European powers from fighting each other over the newly conquered African countries.

I will stop here. If you do not understand what I am teaching you, I will recommend you go to a special school.
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Solumtoonna(m): 11:26pm On May 06, 2017
sarrki:
Hmm

Our Go's should channel there energy in making our society better .by telling our political class the gospel truth.

Not all this destroying other people's belief
The truth is most of the traditionalist are better than our modern day pastors
ur father
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by Solumtoonna(m): 11:28pm On May 06, 2017
XXLDICK:
May Amadioha punish the stupid priest.

I see Christians happy, but when Muslims set a church on fire they will start crying freedom of worship.

Hypocrites

See the comment below mine...

R2des, where was your Jesus when Muslims burnt down churches

See why I don't pity Christians... They are guilty of what they castigate.

Where are our law enforcement agencies
may u die before ur time, who gave u the right to insult my priest, you son of a down syndrome infected father
Re: Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) by XXLDICK(m): 2:56am On May 07, 2017
Solumtoonna:

may u die before ur time, who gave u the right to insult my priest, you son of a down syndrome infected father
Are you done with your insults

Now, answer the question; is what the priest did right or wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving / Let's Talk About Sex (by Pastor E. A. Adeboye)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.