Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola (9334 Views)

Can We Now Have State Police That The PDP Has Denied Us For 16yrs! / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Dont Remove Fuel Subsidy, Allow State To Have State Fuel Taxes by Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by smile11s(m): 7:01pm On Nov 22, 2009
The Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola, announced on Tuesday that his administration will introduce a residents' identity card scheme.

Mr. Fashola disclosed this while presenting the 2010 budget to the State House of Assembly in Alausa, Ikeja.

According to him, the scheme will increase the state government's capacity to plan the delivery of social amenities to the people.

He said: "We have now reached a stage where it is no longer avoidable to ask: ‘How many people can Lagos State meaningfully employ and sustain?'"**

Is an ID card for Lagos residents necessary?

smile4kenn y..com
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2009
State ID is long overdue.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by sjeezy8: 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2009
bout time grin
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2009
soo is this like your own passport for lagos state or what?
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by sjeezy8: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2009
no its like an id card which everystate in america has shallow gal
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2009
hmmmm i see.
stop calling me a shallow gal, im not shallow! angry tongue
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by sjeezy8: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2009
lol
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2009
smiley grin
wait, wait, wait.
so will this prevent outsiders from migrating into lagos state?
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by sjeezy8: 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2009
No but it stops the free loaders from migrating to lagos state. Its about time people stop coming into Nigeria or Lagos state with plans of making money and NO plans of contributing to the state. lol
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2009
^^^
true, you have a point.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by ezeagu(m): 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2009
Yes, ID cards are necessary. How do you expect a 'mega-city' to be built if you don't even know its population?
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2009
ezeagu!! cheesy
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by ezeagu(m): 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2009
Amaka!!
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:28pm On Nov 22, 2009
kai
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by osasp(m): 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2009
this fashola guy seems to be doing a good job. . .one can't be 2 sure when its nigeria we're talking about.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by okuya: 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2009
Amaka pls, are u Amaka Ezeagu?
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2009
This Man is beyound good
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2009
Same ish the federal idiots have been budgeting and stealing money for since the 80's,

btw, this too

Lagos begins distribution of ID cards to pupils

http://happylagosian..com/2009/05/lagos-begins-distribution-of-id-cards.html
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2009
I think this is a very good idea.

Fashola is a very visionary man.

A proper identity system will solve a lot. From election rigging, to preventing criminals opening accounts or companies with modified names and many other benefits. I just hope the Lagos ID card system do also take people's biometric data because that is the only way the idea will stand the test of time.

Finally I also hope other states do follow too.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by OAM4J: 10:31pm On Nov 22, 2009
A good development
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2009
mikeansy:

I think this is a very good idea.

Fashola is a very visionary man.

A proper identity system will solve a lot. From election rigging, to preventing criminals opening accounts or companies with modified names and many other benefits. I just hope the Lagos ID card system do also take people's biometric data because that is the only way the idea will stand the test of time.

Finally I also hope other states do follow too.

I hope so, The state's form of Drivers license issued by the Drivers institute is Biometrics based.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by DiHighest: 11:17pm On Nov 22, 2009
bad news, nigeria disintegrating by her rulers not leader, he should concetrate on removing death trap in the neck of our teaming youth called unemployment
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 11:31pm On Nov 22, 2009
DiHighest:

bad news, nigeria disintegrating by her rulers not leader, he should concetrate on removing death trap in the neck of our teaming youth called unemployment

@ least, help him out by offering ways and Ideas on how to remove the death traps and create jobs.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by DiHighest: 11:44pm On Nov 22, 2009
Nigeria government should seat down and address some certain issue'
1) Did the governor's Team evaluate this programme/policies before public consumption
 If Yes why are we still ONE NIGERIA WHEN OTHER PART OF THE COUNTRY ARE DISTRIBUTING THEIR CITIZEN ID CARD EQUIVALENT with INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT WHEN WE SHOULD DISCUSSING ISSUE OF SCRIBING OUT STATISM  STATE OF ORIGIN, TRIBALISM IN OUR C.V

2) What are the criteria for issuance of the state citizen Id card, Bad effect of this are,
i/Expulsion of non-lagos citizens at any time of their choice of instance GENOCIDE because it will create easy identification unlike RWANDA GENOCIDE.

3) IT creat room for easy rigging of election result were only lagos citizen we be allow to vote.
   AND I WARNED that since the western Nigeria have the political destiny truncating democracy in Nigeria eg late S. E Akintola v late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Late Mushood Abiola v Babangida and now is like Fashola v Yar'dua.

4) if Nigeria Government Should allowed this programme they should as well keep quiet when ijaws, MASSOB,
MENDt etc commence their own National Id. +2348024021286
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by babapupa: 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2009
^^^ Please disregard the post above yours, I didn't see you coming and I can't be bothered with another dumb MEND talk.

Must everything be about you? This thread is about Lagos state's ID program, go start your own silly MEND thread and call beef and the rest of your MEND gang to join in and have a good time.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by foyeks2001(f): 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2009
very good development, Up Fashola
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by olalekan1(m): 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2009
It's a good development if it wil not be a spurious ID card like our National ID Card.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by echobee(f): 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2009
that is good, i cant wait for them to start it.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by Excllncy(m): 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2009
Kudos to a learned governor. Since the Nigerian ‘government’ or whatever that is there has refused to learn and act, fashola is doing it. After all, if we were operating a federal system, we would have gotten it right by now. Many more thanks to comrade fashola, I pray these saboteurs in Abuja do not work against it.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by otokx(m): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2009
Another way to steal money.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by Caringpro(f): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2009
Gov. Fashola is a tomorrow's man. a master strategist. ID is good for proper planning and it will help to rightly obtain the real number of Lagos residents, so that the incidence of insulting our collective senses by saying that Kano is more populated than Lagos will be limited.
Re: Lagos Citizens To Have State Identity Card In 2010 - Fashola by iyeyemi: 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2009
While acknowledging that the idea is not such a bad one ie It will be good for planning and all that and if done right might even help in law enforcement. But there are other implications to be considered.

What requirements would be made of a person seeking to obtain this card? Would it be an offense to be without the card? What will happen if I am stopped and am unable to produce the card? The bottomline - the institutions on ground are not ideal to enforce this innovation. We all know about the lastmas and the kais of this world, this would just be another avenue for 'revenue' generation and let's nt even talk about the police.

Great Idea - Yes, Great Implementation - Not likely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC To Re-arraign Sylva Before The Court Of Appeal. / States Likely To Be Won By LP,PDP,APC And NNPP Candidates / Over 5000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.