Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read (4462 Views)

Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! / My Teenage Sister Already Having Sex With Yahoo Boys & My Father Is An Extremist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by eyinjuege: 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
Catalin:
The truth is a bitter pill to chew. Try and be considerate by helping your mum. I have nothing else to tell you. .

Note: I never said you are my friend.

Considerate by helping her mum? Please is she the one that asked for herself and her siblings to be born?

Op, you need to sort out yourself first before you can remember anyone else.
I'll commend you for where you are right now, as it must have been a tough journey. Don't give up though. Even if you have to defer the session to raise money for yourself to finish school later, do so.
You are your main concern now. If you are OK on your own, you can then remember your mother and your siblings.
You can keep talking to your father and mother to be responsible for their children. For any sibling you have that's over 21, keep encouraging them to find something doing, and save towards their own education.
As it is now, the only thing you can freely give anyone is advice which is priceless btw.

5 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
eyinjuege:

Considerate by helping her mum? Please is she the one that asked for herself and her siblings to be born?

Op, you need to sort out yourself first before you can remember anyone else.
I'll commend you for where you are right now, as it must have been a tough journey. Don't give up though. Even if you have to defer the session to raise money for yourself to finish school later, do so.
You are your main concern now. If you are OK on your own, you can then remember your mother and your siblings.
You can keep talking to your father and mother to be responsible for their children. For any sibling you have that's over 21, keep encouraging them to find something doing, and save towards their own education.
As it is now, the only thing you can freely give anyone is advice which is priceless btw.
She was born in that family for a reason and come to think of it, she is the first child, that's a lot of responsibility. Most times, children liberate their family from poverty and hardship.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by Anugod(f): 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
This op is seriously not serious. Can't believe some of the comments I'm reading here from her undecided

3 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by eyinjuege: 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
Catalin:
She was born in that family for a reason and come to think of it, she is the first child, that's a lot of responsibility. Most times, children liberate their family from poverty and hardship.

She has the same opportunities as her siblings.
She needs to liberate herself first, before she can think of anyone else. I don't believe she should put her dreams and aspirations on hold to take up responsibilities that are not hers.
Her father and mother need to sit tight. Her siblings that are over 21 also need to start hustling to make a headway.
Gone are those days when parents will be giving birth to children for their older children to take care of.
If OP is able to graduate, get a job and has some extras, she can send money home. Her mother and father are not incapacitated, so they can equally go and continue working whether menial or odd jobs to raise their children.
Op, think of yourself first o. Even when you are doing fine on your own, do not delay getting married and starting your own family (if marriage is in the cards for you) because you want to raise your siblings. Your parents that brought the children to the world should take up their responsibilities.
Infact, your job as the first child is to talk to them and encourage them to take their responsibilities seriously.

I remember a NL who told the story of his sister who got HIV infection from sleeping around to raise cash for her family (they lost their dad). The brother had the effontery to judge his sister after eating out of the money, and being able to stand on his own feet from the same sister's efforts.
There's a Yoruba proverb that says if a fire is burning one and one's child, you first and foremost attend to your own burns.
Even while on the airplane, you're told that once the oxygen face masks come down due to a drastic change in pressure, you MUST put on your own masks first before you help your children or anyone else put on theirs.

9 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
aflyingbird:
I had to shocked. When pple create threads asking for money, always good to check their other threads, investigate well well, ya know? grin

Judging from her post that I have read so far on this thread, she hasn't asked for money. Or has she?

5 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
Yep, she has.
mhizchristabel:
Yeah Just Dis Year And Am Done. Will Be Happy If U Can Help. Tnks

Prettiepearlz:

Judging from her post that I have read so far on this thread, she hasn't asked for money. Or has she?

3 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 07, 2017
aflyingbird:
Yep, she has.

Really? Frm U? I Guess U Must Be High On Sumtin. I Neva Asked 4 Any Money. We Just Talked Abt Gettin A Scholarship Only If I Hav A Good Result And I Said Yes If He Can Help Wit It. Go Nd Read Again B4 Postin.
Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by johndwayy(m): 10:30am On Jan 07, 2017
aflyingbird:
From your other thread, u have a 27-yr old fiance. U're more than boyfriend-girlfriend now. He can't help? If he's not financially ok and u sef are not, then leave marriage for now. Sort out ur education n make money first before marrying. Good luck.

Why did the op ignore this post? And I'm amazed at the way you are exchanging words with @catalin. Hope you are not here just to bash your dad? From some of your comments here, it seems you are disrespectful and saucy.

4 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by warrah(m): 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
Catalin:
What exactly is your problem? You came on nairaland to mock your father and I ended up giving you advise now you spewing gibberish.

I will give you your answer.
You are lazy, so is your dad. Okbye.

You re 100% correct brother, don't mind these folks that come online to mock their parents.....

To know how a woman will treat you in marriage, just watch how she treats her father, fear such women.

Ozu siwe isi, enyia ala.........No matter how bad your father or siblings are, never make them the object of mockery.

Yes your father doesn't give you money, Does he have it??

Do you think he is happy being the way he is....

Don't worry, ogodo ga eru nwoke ebe oruru ibe ya, soon you will graduate and start working, then you will understand it ain't easy as you think.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
TrapQueen77:
Why not take scholarship or be a working student in ur school?

I know this is very hard but surely u can surpassed everything if ur only willing to give a try and do ur best..

Good luck on ur studies.. grin
like scholarship is dat easy
Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
like scholarship is dat easy

It's not easy but it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE..

2 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by juman(m): 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hmmmm

Unfortunate country.

Sad, nigeria became destroyed. Everybody suffers.
Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by janefarms2015: 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
Op seems to be rude and uncouthed, how can you just come here to condem ur dad openly? The poor man has mo opportunity to defend himself, you are insulting people here giving you very good advice, u consistently ignore a thread you are supposed to respond to as per your boyfriend, you must learn to respect people' s opinions and stop being rude, OND is enough for you to get a job and go for part time degree programme instead of HND that most employers discriminate upon, learn manners wen dealing wt people
Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by baby124: 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
OP, I can't comprehend what you are going through. But sorry about that. You should have all your siblings including you who are above 16 working or learning a trade. They should stop sitting down at home waiting for you to provide. Go around and beg those hair dressers and tailors to take in your sisters for skill acquisition. Come to an understanding with them that is fair.

For your brother if he is old enough, take him to a barber, tailor, mechanic or trader to learn a skill. In some time they will all become self sufficient, and probably send themselves to school. Do not attempt to put all your family problems on your fiance. He will lose respect for you. Let him help you for now, or he may run away if you ask him to keep helping your family. Your father is very irresponsible and lazy. He brought you all into the world, he is responsible for your upkeep. No family member, boyfriend or stranger should have to take up his burdens. I wish you well o.

6 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by samtol4(m): 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
mhizchristabel:
Really? Frm U? I Guess U Must Be High On Sumtin. I Neva Asked 4 Any Money. We Just Talked Abt Gettin A Scholarship Only If I Hav A Good Result And I Said Yes If He Can Help Wit It. Go Nd Read Again B4 Postin.
No organisation will give final year schorlarship .Let your siblings learn a skill
Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by samtol4(m): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
baby124:
OP, I can't comprehend what you are going through. But sorry about that. You should have all your siblings including you who are above 16 working or learning a trade. They should stop sitting down at home waiting for you to provide. Go around and beg those hair dressers and tailors to take in your sisters for skill acquisition. Come to an understanding with them that is fair.

For your brother if he is old enough, take him to a barber, tailor, mechanic or trader to learn a skill. In some time they will all become self sufficient, and probably send themselves to school. Do not attempt to put all your family problems on your fiance. He will lose respect for you. Let him help you for now, or he may run away if you ask him to keep helping your family. Your father is very irresponsible and lazy. He brought you all into the world, he is responsible for your upkeep. No family member, boyfriend or stranger should have to take up his burdens. I wish you well o.
You said it all . Young people should learn a skill while growing up .

2 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by GoldenJAT(m): 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
Catalin:
You know your father is lazy and cannot provide for the family yet you didn't stop at ND and find a job to help your struggling mum, you went ahead to finish your hnd knowing fully well that there is no money. You and your father, who is more lazy?

wait!do u av a working brain at all?TUFIAKWA...ur reasoning befits that of an animal.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by GoldenJAT(m): 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
janefarms2015:
Op seems to be rude and uncouthed, how can you just come here to condem ur dad openly? The poor man has mo opportunity to defend himself, you are insulting people here giving you very good advice, u consistently ignore a thread you are supposed to respond to as per your boyfriend, you must learn to respect people' s opinions and stop being rude, OND is enough for you to get a job and go for part time degree programme instead of HND that most employers discriminate upon, learn manners wen dealing wt people
just pray u aint confronted with some sad realities of life....u probably do worst.LEARN.

1 Like

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by Ishilove: 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
aflyingbird:
From your other thread, u have a 27-yr old fiance. U're more than boyfriend-girlfriend now. He can't help? If he's not financially ok and u sef are not, then leave marriage for now. Sort out ur education n make money first before marrying. Good luck.

Op, you ignored this question grin

1 Like

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by dominique(f): 11:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
Op doesn't need all these advice, she needs money. That was her (or his) original mission for creating this thread. S/he was expecting well meaning nairalanders to request for her account details but y'all are busy advising rather than doing the needful (eku advising o grin). Now that her plan has hit a brickwall, she is getting angry and taking out her anger on the same 'well meaning' members she was hoping to fleece money from. She knows this handle is as good as gone, she can go ahead and insult with it. But she's already preparing another handle and a pathetic story to go with it.

Family section scammers you no dey tire?

7 Likes

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
dominique:

Op doesn't need all these advice, she needs money. That was her (or his) original mission for creating this thread. S/he was expecting well meaning nairalanders to request for her account details but y'all are busy advising rather than doing the needful (eku advising o grin). Now that her plan has hit a brickwall, she is getting angry and taking out her anger on the same 'well meaning' members she was hoping to fleece money from. She knows this handle is as good as gone, she can go ahead and insult with it. But she's already preparing another handle and a pathetic story to go with it.

Lmaooo!!! Everything about ur post is on point!!!

1 Like

Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by baby124: 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
dominique:

Lmao. I kind of felt that way. But thought it would do no harm to offer advice. But why don't you mods block them though.
Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by Acidosis(m): 7:52am On Jan 09, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by janefarms2015: 9:05am On Jan 09, 2017
GoldenJAT:
just pray u aint confronted with some sad realities of life....u probably do worst.LEARN.
Im not a kid here for you to tell me to Learn, learn what? You need to learn nd grow up, im of her father' s age and not a kid like two of you, no matter what must someone come openly nd insult his or her father? Wither d african culture? I hate responding to indomie generation kids prowling on nairaland
Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by GoldenJAT(m): 9:41am On Jan 09, 2017
janefarms2015:

Im not a kid here for you to tell me to Learn, learn what? You need to learn nd grow up, im of her father' s age and not a kid like two of you, no matter what must someone come openly nd insult his or her father? Wither d african culture? I hate responding to indomie generation kids prowling on nairaland
i still pray 4u...that some certain life realites shouldnt come ur way!u will do worst.i rememba d Bible said...a child shud respect d parents so their days would be long...and dt same Bible also made reference 2 parents about provoking their children 2 anger!d problem with dudes like u is dt u feel u know it all...when advising some1.....try and be much more realistic.and kid....where has d Africa culture taken u 2??go father children and fail 2 tkia of them.then come bk and yarn this rubbish.
Re: Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read by janefarms2015: 10:18am On Jan 09, 2017
GoldenJAT:
i still pray 4u...that some certain life realites shouldnt come ur way!u will do worst.i rememba d Bible said...a child shud respect d parents so their days would be long...and dt same Bible also made reference 2 parents about provoking their children 2 anger!d problem with dudes like u is dt u feel u know it all...when advising some1.....try and be much more realistic.and kid....where has d Africa culture taken u 2??go father children and fail 2 tkia of them.then come bk and yarn this rubbish.

Its you thats talking rubbish, as a lawyer, its unfair not to hear from d other party before concluding on an issue, im too big n matured to trade words wt u, continue insulting people, I pray you have manners, bye

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Guy Dating Me And My Sister / Where Will You Allow Your Wife To Work After Marriage? / My Stepfather Impregnated Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.