Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. (9356 Views)

Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Aloysius Ikegwuonwu Bishop Reacts To Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:

1 pt 5:13

Your sister church here in Babylon sends you greetings, and so does my son Mark.

"And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: "Babylon the great, mother of harlots and of earth's abominations" (Rev. 17:5)

Is it clear now

Keep on trying to drag the true apostle Peter into your false church. One wonders why Peter, a married man (Matt. 8:14; I Cor. 9:5), who was not a celibate priest but the very antithesis of what your pope represented, could be claimed to be your pope.

Was it after Peter's reign as your pope that the rules were changed Lol... very funny dude.

1 Like

Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
Bump!

1 Like

Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
Splinz:

"And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: "Babylon the great, mother of harlots and of earth's abominations" (Rev. 17:5)

Is it clear now

Keep on trying to drag the true apostle Peter into your false church. One wonders why Peter, a married man (Matt. 8:14; I Cor. 9:5), who was not a celibate priest but the very antithesis of what your pope represented, could be claimed to be your pope.

Was it after Peter's reign as your pope that the rules were changed Lol... very funny dude.
You are still missing it. oya read again.

Your sister church here in Babylon
sends you greetings, and so does
my son Mark.

2 Likes

Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:

You are still missing it. oya read again.

Your sister church here in Babylon
sends you greetings, and so does
my son Mark.

And what is it you understand by Babylon in that verse- Rome? Lol... I know you lots will do everything to drag Peter into your church in Rome. But of course, it will always be in vain!

For your info, Peter is writing from "Babylon of Mesopotamia", not Rome!
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
Splinz:

And what is it you understand by Babylon in that verse- Rome? Lol... I know you lots will do everything to drag Peter into your church in Rome. But of course, it will always be in vain!

For your info, Peter is writing from "Babylon of Mesopotamia", not Rome!
Hehehe, so u don sabi say dem get babylon for mesopotamia abi?
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Hehehe, so u don sabi say dem get babylon for mesopotamia abi?

I know much more than you'll ever probably know. Peter is writing from Babylon of Mesopotamia! Is Mesopotamia in Rome?

Here, ten proofs straight from the Bible that Peter was never your pope:

https://www.nairaland.com/3559889/ten-proofs-peter-not-pope. Read and enlighten your ignorance.
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
Splinz:

I know much more than you'll ever probably know. Peter is writing from Babylon of Mesopotamia! Is Mesopotamia in Rome?

Here, ten proofs straight from the Bible that Peter was never your pope:

https://www.nairaland.com/3559889/ten-proofs-peter-not-pope. Read and enlighten your ignorance.
LOL, ur delusion is so great that u wouldnt know what ignorance is even if it were staring u in the face.

did u forget to answer my questions or are u runing away?
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
LOL, ur delusion is so great that u wouldnt know what ignorance is even if it were staring u in the face.

did u forget to answer my questions or are u runing away?

Move aside my dear. You're doing a very poor job.

Are you also running away from my own questions?

Lol... You can't even stand a good defence for Simon Magus, founder of your church... cheesy

Again, was it after your fictitious Peter (since Peter was a married man, Matt. 8:14; I Cor. 9:5) as pope that the rules were changed? grin
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
Splinz:

Move aside my dear. You're doing a very poor job.

Are you also running away from my own questions?

Lol... You can't even stand a good defence for Simon Magus, founder of your church... cheesy
y not present the historian that make the above claim? i guess there is none. you conjured that lie out of thin air.

Again, was it after your fictitious Peter (since Peter was a married man, Matt. 8:14; I Cor. 9:5) as pope that the rules were changed? grin
actually the rules still allow married priests, e b like say na u dey ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
y not present the historian that make the above claim? i guess there is none. you conjured that lie out of thin air.

actually the rules still allow married priests, e b like say na u dey ignorant.

Now I know you're lacking in comprehension skills.

That you've not been able to verify these claims using the numerous sources provided speaks volumes of your intellect.

Like I said before, move aside my friend. You have no defense.

PS: The rules still allowed married priests, no longer for celibates? So your church now or has always welcomes both married and celibates? Lol... You're such a comedian.

Maybe I should also teach you about that too.
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
Bump!
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by chalz493: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
Go and read about the church history well.
Splinz:
I have often watched with dismay the nauseating lies of this church masquerading itself as the One True Church or the first church that ever existed, which Jesus built (Matthew 16:18).

So today, I want us to set the records straight! Let us embark on this journey of untraveled corridors of history. Just relax, enjoy and watch as the true history unfold...

NOTE: This work is an except from: WHERE IS THE THE TRUE CHURCH? AND ITS INCREDIBLE HISTORY! By David C. Pack

*Here, we will called this church 'THE COUNTERFEIT MOVEMENT'

In view of the miraculous signs and wonders performed during the apostolic era of the Church, we could ask, why would anyone want to infiltrate, subvert and deceive such believers? The Jewish religious establishment, who feared and resisted the emerging young Church, used threats and brute force to achieve their end. So did the Romans, although they were initially more tolerant, but later more brutal. Only the instruments of Satan would use such insidious tactics to infiltrate and undermine. Perhaps most of these initial agents understood who and what the Church was. Others, however, were more likely unwitting tools of Satan, following the impulses of the “prince of the power of the air” (Eph. 2:2).

Now, lets chart the development of that subtle counterfeit movement.

Simon Magus

The first and perhaps most influential—and ultimately the most destructive—false teacher that we will study in relation to this false movement is Simon Magus. The word magus means sorcerer or magician. Simon the “Sorcerer” is considered by all who are familiar with this aspect of history to be the founder of the first-century heretical movement away from the truth of God. Ironically, many who branded him for his heretical practices were actually writers and historians who unwittingly followed his movement. Among them were Justin Martyr, Jerome, and various other writers of the second and following centuries, whom we will cite in discussing this subject.

To say that this Simon was the true founder of the Roman Catholic Church would be correct, but not complete. He died in AD 68. It took nearly three centuries for the system he introduced to amass the power and to evolve through all the stages of modifying and counterfeiting doctrine to come to be known as the Roman Catholic Church. The architect of the movement is not any man or men, but rather the “god of this world” (II Cor. 4:4)—Satan.

The account of Simon is picked up in Acts 8:9-10. Here is Luke’s description of this man: “But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.”

Simon was baptized with other Samaritans, being captivated by the miracles and signs Philip performed (vs. 13). Then, after the apostles arrived from Jerusalem, Simon offered Peter and John money for the power to lay hands on people and transmit to them the Holy Spirit (vs. 18-19). To this offer, Peter replied, “Your money perish with you, because you have thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. You have neither part nor lot in this matter: for your heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you. For I perceive that you are in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity” (vs. 20-23).

Remember that the Samaritans had been placed in the land from which the northern Kingdom of Israel had been taken captive by the Assyrians (2 Kings 17:24-40). These Samaritans had been brought from Babylon and continued to practice their ancient Babylonian religion, mixed with other religions. In particular, they picked up many of the terms from Judaism and Greek philosophy.

Josephus, throughout book II of his Wars of the Jews, illustrated how the Samaritans schemed to undermine the Jews at every opportunity—during both periods of Greek and Roman domination. From the time Judah returned to the area of Jerusalem after captivity, the Samaritans plotted to halt the rebuilding of the temple as well as the rebuilding of the wall around Jerusalem (Ezra 4-5; Neh. 4, 6). They were well established as Satan’s instruments in opposing any phase of God’s Work.

To be continued...
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by chalz493: 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
You can not argue the obvious,the church from the begin right from the time of the apostles has recorded a history and that's what makes its origin more superior than everyother church.we call it apostolic succession.
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by analice107: 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
StupidYorubaFool:
Waste of my precious mb loadin this mumbo jumbo and loads of hogwash...
By the way O.P you must be daft if you think I read all those thrash you stated up there.
But it wasn't for you nah. lol.
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by analice107: 5:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
Scholar8200:
So Simon never truly repented!
Obviously.
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
chalz493:
Go and read about the church history well.

Ironically, that's what you need, not me. Verifiable sources are scattered everywhere. You go and do your own studies well, not the lies you've been receiving all along.
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
chalz493:
You can not argue the obvious,the church from the begin right from the time of the apostles has recorded a history and that's what makes its origin more superior than everyother church.we call it apostolic succession.

You mean the same old lies you've been fed with? Apostolic succession indeed... Simon Magus apostolic lineage. The true Church has always known that sorcerer as a false apostle who parades himself as an apostle of Christ.
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
analice107:

But it wasn't for you nah. lol.

cheesy cheesy cheesy... I can imagine the feelings.... exposing his church for what it truly is. I tell you, e pain am die!
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by analice107: 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Lol u are back with ur puerile claims which i just refuted.

you are d one claiming to be informed quoting from eusebeius. let me inform u on what he wrote.
"Paul testifies that Crescens was sent to Gaul [2 Tim. 4:10], but Linus, whom he mentions in the Second Epistle to Timothy [2 Tim. 4:21] as his companion at Rome, was Peter’s
successor in the episcopate of the church there, as has already been shown. Clement also, who was appointed third bishop of the church at Rome, was, as Paul testifies, his co-laborer and fellow-soldier [Phil. 4:3]" (Church History 3:4:9–10

You cant claim u didnt know, even ur own history sources says so.
You post the passages here nah. pls post them lets see if they correlate.
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by analice107: 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ubenedictus:

tell me who do u think condemned and fought against gnosticism.

may God save u from bais.

heresy is a species of infidelity in men who, having professed the faith of Christ, corrupt its teachings.

if ur aim is simply to condemn the catholic and u will continue even when clearly rebuted let me know so i can kindly leave u guys alone.

i dont know how a sincere xtian will claim he isnt aware d catholic church fought gnosticism, it is either a lie or ignorance.
But, because it was rebutted doesn't mean its a lie nah. facts can't lie.

1 Like

Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
analice107:

But, because it was rebutted doesn't mean its a lie nah. facts can't lie.
that it fall under scrutiny shows that it is a lie.
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
i already did
analice107:

You post the passages here nah. pls post them lets see if they correlate.
"Paul testifies that Crescens was
sent to Gaul [2 Tim. 4:10], but
Linus, whom he mentions in the Second Epistle to Timothy [2 Tim.
4:21] as his companion at Rome,
was Peter’s
successor in the episcopate of the
church there, as has already been
shown. Clement also, who was appointed third bishop of the
church at Rome, was, as Paul
testifies, his co-laborer and fellow-
soldier [Phil. 4:3]" (Church History
3:4:9–10
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by johnw74: 2:15am On Jan 22, 2017
Splinz:
In Summary

THE END

PS: This is it! This is the true history! The Catholic church has always been nothing but a synagogue of Satan!

It seems like many other so called christian religions-sects have sprung from that same counterfeit movement,
jehovah's witnesses etc.
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 7:34am On Jan 22, 2017
johnw74:

It seems like many other so called christian religions-sects have sprung from that same counterfeit movement,
jehovah's witnesses etc.

Yes indeed. The Catholic Church is not called "Babylon the great; MOTHER of harlots and of earth's abominations" (Rev. 17smiley5) for nothing. She's a mother with many children!

1 Like

Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
people counterfeiting splinz... just find a leisure time n good internet phone then carry ur bible then read the book of Daniel very well and Revelation.. from there you will know if catholic is the true church or not...

The truth be told all this celebration we had christmas is not of Jesus christ and sabbath day being sunday is a lie also.. Read those book well n understand if u have any problem about lemme know i will explain to u the little i did understand.

1 Like

Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
Before you're misled by this false information, I want y'all to read what I got within two seconds about the original author of the post posted by op.

https://www.gotquestions.org/restored-church-of-god.html

Be wary of false prophets and antichrists.

Op. Give your life to Christ and stop misleading people with false information.
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ioannes:
Before you're misled by this false information, I want y'all to read what I got within two seconds about the original author of the post posted by op.

https://www.gotquestions.org/restored-church-of-god.html

Be wary of false prophets and antichrists.

Op. Give your life to Christ and stop misleading people with false information.

What is it you know about Christianity We know those who claimed to be apostles but are not, ravaging wolves in sheep's clothing.

Deal with the truths as it concerned your false church! Attacking the messenger and not the message will do you no good!

1 Like

Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
nunamyeong:
people counterfeiting splinz... just find a leisure time n good internet phone then carry ur bible then read the book of Daniel very well and Revelation.. from there you will know if catholic is the true church or not...

The truth be told all this celebration we had christmas is not of Jesus christ and sabbath day being sunday is a lie also.. Read those book well n understand if u have any problem about lemme know i will explain to u the little i did understand.

They are blind guides, blinded by the god of this world. Tell them bro, if perhaps, the glorious light of Christ may shine and dispel their darkness!
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
Splinz:

What is it you know about Christianity We know those who claimed to be apostles but are not, ravaging wolves in sheep's clothing.

Deal with the truths as it concerned your false church! Attacking the messenger and not the message will do you no good!

Look at this apostate heretic asking me what I know about Christianity. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ioannes:

Look at this apostate heretic asking me what I know about Christianity. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Apostate heretic according to your false church? cheesy cool grin
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
Splinz:

Apostate heretic according to your false church? cheesy cool grin

I'll bet I'm older than your church. Which year did your pastor start his church to start scamming you?
Re: The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. by Splinz(m): 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ioannes:

I'll bet I'm older than your church. Which year did your pastor start his church to start scamming you?

The true church started in AD 31. And as we have it today, it is directly traced from Ephesus (the first era of God's true Church) to Laodicea (the last and present era of the Church). See Rev. chapter 2 & 3.

I know this is strange understanding to your ears... cool. I know you don't know that the living Jesus Christ (not one perpetually dead one on your cross, which is nothing but an idol, Exodus 20:4) assigned seven eras to His Church.

Of course I can also understand and bear with you. These things are only taught by the true Church, not the false one... cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? / Behold, I Am The Lord Of All Flesh: Is The Anything Too Hard For Me. / How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.