Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child (6859 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult (2) (3) (4)

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by weet: 11:28am On Nov 25, 2009
i think the man is a fool and an illiterate looking at the Analysis of the semen he has XY chromosome while his wife has Only XX .Y chromosome are responsible for Male children, while X are responsible for female children. so for the man to have a male child, he must donate a Y chromosome to his wife then if the x and Y chromosome meet together a Male child is being produced (OKUNRIN). so, i think the man Y chromosomes Don't have tail to swim to the Oviduct to form the offspring (The Male Child). in other words, the man is IMPOTENT OR HE HIS SUFFERING FROM LOW SPERM COUNT HE HIS NOT A STRONG MAN BUT A WEAK MAN HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF.  PEACE. grin tongue

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by olokodan1: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2009
A kind of man like that is a big fool.
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by bandely(m): 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2009
throttler:

this is truly annoying. some women go into depresion immediately they find out from scan at 4+months they are having the second baby girl in a row. its because of what their husbands will say or how he will start acting. i wonder when this will change. i hear the statistics is now 3:1 girls to boys ratio. cry
YAAAAAAAAAAYY grin grin grin

That is really nice, so 1 man can marry 3 wives! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Smi1(m): 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2009
lOLxx, I think the couples are suffering from MENTAL SLAVERY !!! smiley it was not their fault since illiteracy has become a diseases to so many people in the AFRICA continent
make people wake up abeg, TIME dey pass !!!

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by otukpo(f): 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2009
ignorance
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by agathamari(f): 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2009
when are these men going to learn the gender is determined by THE SPERM! if he is pissed off he keeps having girls he should beat himself, the wife is completely innocent
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 5:04pm On Nov 25, 2009
agathamari:

when are these men going to learn the gender is determined by THE SPERM! if he is pissed off he keeps having girls he should beat himself, the wife is completely innocent
^

u think he cares?
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by agathamari(f): 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2009
Fhemmmy:

^
u think he cares?
nope he is probably one of those ignorant bastards that think wives are nothing more then gloified house servants and women are the root of all the worlds evils. i feel bad that his genes were passed to 4 children. guess the whole "survival of the fittest" has noting to do with common sence

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by friendl: 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2009
The idiot man should know that the sex of the baby is not his wife but his,,
He even lucky say he see pikin born,,

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by FayeZik(f): 6:57pm On Nov 25, 2009
It's very disturbing, and shameful how ignorant and backward some of us in the third world countries are. Fisrtly, it's about time that we get this thru our thick skulls that the sex of a baby is determined 100 percent, by the males, females only contribute to the features of the babies.

Secondly, what difference does it make, if the child is male or female? There are useless boys/men as there are useless girls/women. It's more important to raise ur children to be good fellows and pray that they turn out to be the good citizens that u will be proud of. Make more efforts in setting their feet on the right path (if yours are on that right path), which I doubt, since all u are concern about is flexing ur muscle by beating ur wives.

Thirdly, any man that dims it fit to beat his wife should be mercilessly tortured by the authorities and put in jail. Enough of this crab. What should be condemned is being condoned. When are we gonna wake up and smell the coffee. It's not only barbaric, it's a cowardice act. U want to flex u muscle? do so in something that will benefit both ur household, family, community and most especially ur dear motherland. Or pick on someone your size who will beat the daylight out of u. Let's put a stop to this craziness.

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by FayeZik(f): 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2009
@ bandely

Pls brother, don't go marry 3 wives o. 1 is more than enough. Even if u marry 10 wives, you will still beget females, if that's all your chomosomes can produce. What are u going to do then? marry a man?
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by parki: 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2009
na today, which kain yeye gist come be this and even pple sef dey comment

abeg come up wit better gist no be all this una bad news 'Man beats woman' una no dey shame
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2009
FayeZik:

@ bandely

Pls brother, don't go marry 3 wives o. 1 is more than enough. Even if u marry 10 wives, you will still beget females, if that's all your chomosomes can produce. What are u going to do then? marry a man?        

Lol . . . u actually pleading with him . . . .Lol
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by ellagold(m): 4:48am On Nov 26, 2009
This is ridiculous,please note this is beyond just being an African man it is a total demonstration of foolishness and ignorance of the highest order.

African men are wonderful and I will forever be grateful to God for being an African,Nairaland forumites.

The man is the one who have refuse ti grow out of his 17th century mentality.
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by cvibe: 10:18am On Nov 26, 2009
How can this man get results from his wife when he is firing from one cylinder rather than two.? grin
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2009
^^^ Lol
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by ayomidej(f): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2009
The man has lost the plot, they should lock him up in kirikiri prison for 3 months. When he comes he will fired the right cylinders.

Its ONLY GOD that provides, Male or Female Child? They are both the same and he should be thanking God that he has some.
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by DisGuy: 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2009
I blame the women- this definitely is not the first time we are hearing about it in the country

I blame Female politicians for not doing enough instead they sponsor anti-nudity bills

Female Judges for not putting away these violent men instead adjourn cases > the man and woman return to the same house again!

Female Leaders for not speaking openly about it

of cos i blame the men too but if the women in the society wont do anything about something that directly affects them they shouldn't expect
the perpetrators to change overnight
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by parki: 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2009
Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child

what a waste of space, abeg make una find better gist naw we don hear all this one before
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Theblessed(f): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2009
ellagold:

This is ridiculous,please note this is beyond just being an African man it is a total demonstration of foolishness and ignorance of the highest order.

African men are wonderful and I will forever be grateful to God for being an African,Nairaland forumites.

The man is the one who have refuse ti grow out of his 17th century mentality.

[b]Oh, oh my brother there are still millions of them out there with this archaic mentality. To change this man's thinking, African Society would have to start respecting their women and treating them as equals in all aspects.  Also, society has to change their beliefs and values as they still have it that having a son means, keeping the family name going and there is no way, a female child could suffice. 

So, to be able to get African men/women to accept a gift of a female child without murmur, you have to wean off, not only Africans but also other 3rd World societies e.g all Asia Countries, South America etc the idea that men are more important than women, this way, you'd begin to make a change.  

However, you have to start from school by teaching kids that everyone is equal irrespective of there sex/gender because, the issue here is not necessarily a matter of sex/gender rather, that of EQUALITY.  Men still think they are superior to women and do not want to accept that women are equal to them in any way, that's where the problem lies (CERTAINLY, WE ARE WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT. FOR GOD CREATED US ALL EQUALLY IN HIS OWN IMAGE - Come on, argue that and let's see?
IT IS THEIR PROBLEM NOT OURS!!!!!)

You see, my own uncle is one of this kind. He had 7 daughters and cried at each of his daughters birth why can't I have a son? My elder brother had 6 and I keep having girls? Well, God did answer him with 1 boy and twenty something years later, he is now into all sorts of evil - in fact, a criminal.  That's the way heaven rewards people for being ungrateful to God.  In fact, some of these only children do end up spoilt/damaged by family thus, this  defeats the objective.
[/b]

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by AloyEmeka6: 11:57pm On Nov 26, 2009
Theblessed:

Oh, oh my brother there are still millions of them out there with this archaic mentality. To change this man's thinking, African Society would have to start respecting their women and treating them as equals in all aspects.  Also, society has to change their beliefs and values as they still have it that having a son means, keeping the family name going and there is no way, a female child could suffice. 

So, to be able to get African men/women to accept a gift of a female child without murmur, you have to wean off, not only Africans but also other 3rd World societies e.g all Asia Countries, South America etc the idea that men are more important than women, this way, you'd begin to make a change.  

However, you have to start from school by teaching kids that everyone is equal irrespective of there sex/gender because, the issue here is not necessarily a matter of sex/gender rather, that of EQUALITY.  Men still think they are superior to women and do not want to accept that women are equal to them in any way, that's where the problem lies (CERTAINLY, WE ARE WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT. FOR GOD CREATED US ALL EQUALLY IN HIS OWN IMAGE - Come on, argue that and let's see?
IT IS THEIR PROBLEM NOT OURS!!!!!
)

You've started again with your outlandish theories which makes me question your Africaness in the first place. African men prefer boys to girls because they believe boys will succeed them and preserve the family name but girls will eventually marry and lose the family name. If there are no males in the family, the family genealogy may end with his generation . Men go outside, marry and bring the woman home and it doesn't matter whether she is Asian, African etc coupled with the fact that she will adopt the man's  surname. Gender inequality may be a problem in Africa but this scenario has nothing to do with it. Ask questions next time before you start typing in purple.

You see, my own uncle is one of this kind. He had 7 daughters and cried at each of his daughters birth why can't I have a son? My elder brother had 6 and I keep having girls? Well, God did answer him with 1 boy and twenty something years later, he is now into all sorts of evil - in fact, a criminal.  That's the way heaven rewards people for being ungrateful to God.  In fact, some of these only children do end up spoilt/damaged by family thus, this  defeats the objective.

So your God turned the boy into a criminal because He[God] is mad at the boy's father?. So your God didn't see any other avenue to punish this man apart from his son who played no part in his behavior?. Why did your God give him the son in the first place?. Stop typing like a retard please because that boy had an improper upbringing and that is what is wrong with him. If you tell me that he was over pampered because he is the only son which led to him being spoilt, it will make some sense but blaming God for your nephew's criminal acts is way off the hook. Stop drinking ogogoro and read about God very well in the bible.
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by DisGuy: 1:12am On Nov 27, 2009
(CERTAINLY, WE ARE WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT. FOR GOD CREATED US ALL EQUALLY IN HIS OWN IMAGE - Come on, argue that and let's see?Huh
IT IS THEIR PROBLEM NOT OURS!!!!!)

well if you keep saying it to yourself online and on paper, tehn you will get the same result, isnt it about time women in the society actually start doing something about it??

i mean you read in the nigerian newspaper; a learned judge sentencing a rapist to six month prison with the option of a 6000naira fine (£25) shocked shocked and you wonder what the ministry of women affairs, educated women (those that keep telling the world they want respect), female judges, pastors etc are doing about this barbaric laws in our society!
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Theblessed(f): 4:01am On Nov 27, 2009
Dis Guy:

well if you keep saying it to yourself online and on paper, tehn you will get the same result, isnt it about time women in the society actually start doing something about it??

i mean you read in the nigerian newspaper; a learned judge sentencing a rapist to  six month prison with the option of a 6000naira fine (£25)  shocked shocked and you wonder what the ministry of women affairs, educated women (those that keep telling the world they want respect), female judges, pastors etc are doing about this barbaric laws in our society!

[b]Right on!!!! But lack of support for women in our society coupled with disunity among them are some of the reasons women feel hindered at fighting their own corner or doing something about their situation in society. There are no established laws that protect women in Nigerian let alone the resources to enforce them. Secondly, under normal circumstances the level of abuse and intimidation women suffer every day in Nigeria from their men and society at large is beyond words let alone when they set out to challenge these ugly ideas. 

Even as I write this on-line, you would bear me witness, already I'd received verbal abuse and intimidation from some elements here but remember, this is only virtual experience let alone in a physical environment. 

Why? Because, I am vocal and have always been about my views on here. To them, my views are of the left and should not be aired as it would contaminate the minds of young and weak women they are trying to mould/nurture  on here. They can't hark it because, they felt their values are threatened and what values I ask? Imagine, cultures all over the world are already diluted and tampered with due to the sophisticated technology called "SATELLITE" etc we have today. With this in mind, who can now boost of their own authentic cultural values as not being implicated by the whole cultural revolution we are all experiencing except, those living in cuckoo land?

And, what could such elements do other than fight their last loosing battle. The truth is, they can not win as societies around the world are changing and changing fast. Generally, women are beginning to see the light and have started asking for their rights and they will get it eventually therefore, if they can't beat them, I say join them. 

So, you can see the level of hostility any woman including the big Wigs you mentioned above are facing when trying to deviate from what is considered the norm in Nigeria. 

You see, Nigeria has the highest number of educated people in the whole of Black Africa yet, majority of Nigerian men irrespective of education are still ignorant and it would take another 50+ years for the culture to accept that women are created equally. It will happen, it did happen in Britain and look at them now.  Nigeria will change too.
[/b]

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Epi: 4:47am On Nov 27, 2009
@post

backward husband
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by AloyEmeka6: 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]Right on!!!! But lack of support for women in our society coupled with disunity among them are some of the reasons women feel hindered at fighting their own corner or doing something about their situation in society. There are no established laws that protect women in Nigerian let alone the resources to enforce them. Secondly, under normal circumstances the level of abuse and intimidation women suffer every day in Nigeria from their men and society at large is beyond words let alone when they set out to challenge these ugly ideas. 

Even as I write this on-line, you would bear me witness, already I'd received verbal abuse and intimidation from some elements here but remember, this is only virtual experience let alone in a physical environment. 

Why? Because, I am vocal and have always been about my views on here. To them, my views are of the left and should not be aired as it would contaminate the minds of young and weak women they are trying to mould/nurture  on here. They can't hark it because, they felt their values are threatened and what values I ask? Imagine, cultures all over the world are already diluted and tampered with due to the sophisticated technology called "SATELLITE" etc we have today. With this in mind, who can now boost of their own authentic cultural values as not being implicated by the whole cultural revolution we are all experiencing except, those living in cuckoo land?

And, what could such elements do other than fight their last loosing battle. The truth is, they can not win as societies around the world are changing and changing fast. Generally, women are beginning to see the light and have started asking for their rights and they will get it eventually therefore, if they can't beat them, I say join them. 

So, you can see the level of hostility any woman including the big Wigs you mentioned above are facing when trying to deviate from what is considered the norm in Nigeria. 

You see, Nigeria has the highest number of educated people in the whole of Black Africa yet, majority of Nigerian men irrespective of education are still ignorant and it would take another 50+ years for the culture to accept that women are created equally. It will happen, it did happen in Britain and look at them now.  Nigeria will change too.
[/b] 

Just shut up and go back to the market where you belong. Typing in purple will get you nowhere and bear it in mind that life is not only black and white. The right and left hands complement each other and that is what male and female are for.

For your information, male and female are not equal even as neither of them is greater than the other.
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by mojiit: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2009
parki:

na today,  which kain yeye gist come be this and even pple sef dey comment

abeg come up wit better gist no be all this una bad news 'Man beats woman' una no dey shame

parki which oda better gist do u have?
abi u be d man bruder?

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by mojiit: 3:08pm On Nov 27, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]Oh, oh my brother there are still millions of them out there with this archaic mentality. To change this man's thinking, African Society would have to start respecting their women and treating them as equals in all aspects.  Also, society has to change their beliefs and values as they still have it that having a son means, keeping the family name going and there is no way, a female child could suffice. 

IT IS THEIR PROBLEM NOT OURS!!!!!)

[/b]
I beg u broder don't tongue lash him 2 much grin
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by mojiit: 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2009
Epi:

@post

backward husband
@Epi link i think he is an early-man

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by chocomillo(f): 3:54pm On Nov 27, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Just shut up and go back to the market where you belong. Typing in purple will get you nowhere and bear it in mind that life is not only black and white. The right and left hands complement each other and that is what male and female are for.

For your information, male and female are not equal even as neither of them is greater than the other.
Fact cool
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Nwamama1: 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2009
Please make una help me tell the stupid man that no be him wife dey give child (male/female) rather na GOD ALMIGHTY, THE GIVER OF CHILDREN, THE ONLY MAN THAT HAS INDUSTRY WERE KIDS ARE MADE, THE GOD OF WOMEN. Tell him to stop beating his wife before the wrath of God will fall on him.

BESIDE! What he gave to the woman was what she gave back to him.

NONSENSE
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Theblessed(f): 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2009
~Sissy~:

and its not even as if the so called males they kill themselves over are any better the females, many of are full of irresponsibility and uselessness but as long as they have a carrot under there, its all good.

[b] smiley smiley smiley smileyOh Sissy, you can say that again, love you babe! As you said, most of these only children are useless vagabonds. In fact, they are agents of satan that came to destroy their family.  My own cousin (the only son of my uncle) is languishing in Nigerian jail serving life for a very criminal offence (I should not go into here) and this has impacted heavily on our family. Having this kind of a son to carry the family name, does it really worth it? I wonder! Don't worry, time will change the brainless and illogical views of these ignorants in our society.

Not being able to have a male child, is it a crime? I hear some people say how would the family name be remembered? My answer to that is, is it really important? The best example of this is flashing on our faces and minds daily.  Our Lord Jesus Christ never married nor had children of his own - what about him and what further examples could we learn from?  

Also, lesser folks such as Obama, Bill Clinton, George Bush, the Queen's father - King George, all the Holy men of God e.g. the late Pope John Paul and the present Pope/Priests past and present and many other important and influential men of this world don't give a damn (and their names still exist) let alone these insignificant and empty shells we have here, making unnecessary noises for their inability to produce a male child.  They should hang themselves in shame! Since, having male children is a macho thing, and all powers are in their hands, why can't they create the male children they so desperately need instead of making empty noises here. Since it is so easy, why not DO IT YOURSELF!!!!

Imagine, a man battering his wife for his own inadequacy when she should have showed him the door on his first attempt. Well, I don't blame them - the blame is on women! I don't know why some women put up with this kind of crap when they can take control of their own lives. Glad, things like this are happening and women are learning from their mistakes - that's the best teacher shaa!
[/b]

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by okeey(m): 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2009
this is so bad of him

Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions / Update:beautiful PICTURES Of The Little Girl Manhandled By A Wicked Nanny / PLEASE HELP!!! DONT LET MY SISTER IS DIE IN HOSPITAL (PHOTO)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84