Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? (14213 Views)

Young Men Who Own Cars Have More Sex – Study Reveals / Don’t Throw Away Those Old Tyres. See What You Can Use Them For (PHOTOS) / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? by nurey(m): 11:43am On Jan 09, 2017
iguita:
Oga driver, don't be childish, I do not need to drive to see the road signs well placed on the roads. I can be driven and still see the signs. And that people drive 100 KMpH on 3MB does not mean that is the speed limit. When next you drive, watch out for road signs, you obviously do not. When Latma arrests you, you will scream victimization/ bribery. On 3MB, there are different speed limits for different vehicles. Watchout on your way home (That is if you really drive).

thats what am saying you dont drive a car or you arent observant. Third mainland is a federal road, i dont know wetin concern lastma or LRU with over speeding on that road.
for your information over speeding isnt a crime, excessive speeding is the crime 101km/h on a highway rated 100km/h is over speeding but not excessive speeding.

now to show you that i actually drive on the bridge while you dont even have a car, from island descending the bridge, at the divider the signs are there car is 80km/h, once you ascend the bridge, it is 100km/h after descending oworonshoki where oshodi turns right and those going to ketu goes straight, it turns to 60km/h the bridge before ogudu is 80km/h. when next you passing check, the sign is placed on the street light/pole on the divider because your keke napep cant exceed 60km/h doesnt mean thats the speed limit.
Re: Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? by islandmoon: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2017
some people can lie, saying they speed up to 190 on the highway, on this nigerian roads, how?? i have not done more that 140 with a compressor and i can even count the number of cars that passed me on the road
Re: Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? by iguita: 11:55am On Jan 09, 2017
Oga driver, e don do. Maybe it's English you need to learn and not driving.
I know you drive daily on that road, now you do not need to go out of your way to prove that I don't even own a car rather pay attention to road signs. Bros, rest ehn, it's ok.
nurey:

thats what am saying you dont drive a car or you arent observant. Third mainland is a federal road, i dont know wetin concern lastma or LRU with over speeding on that road.
for your information over speeding isnt a crime, excessive speeding is the crime 101km/h on a highway rated 100km/h is over speeding but not excessive speeding.

now to show you that i actually drive on the bridge while you dont even have a car, from island descending the bridge, at the divider the signs are there car is 80km/h, once you ascend the bridge, it is 100km/h after descending oworonshoki where oshodi turns right and those going to ketu goes straight, it turns to 60km/h the bridge before ogudu is 80km/h. when next you passing check, the sign is placed on the street light/pole on the divider because your keke napep cant exceed 60km/h doesnt mean thats the speed limit.
Re: Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? by nurey(m): 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
iguita:
Oga driver, e don do. Maybe it's English you need to learn and not driving.
I know you drive daily on that road, now you do not need to go out of your way to prove that I don't even own a car rather pay attention to road signs. Bros, rest ehn, it's ok.

Oga sir been driven, i have heard you sir, i know you are been chauffeured on that road everyday grin, no insult intended, its a new year we learn everyday, HAPPY NEW YEAR wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? by DrogoG(m): 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2017
Not illegal to use them, it only depends on the place. You can't do 100mph on a 60mph road.

Germany has a special highway (Bundesautobahn), that has no mandated speed limit and it's mostly straight road. You can break your car's speedometer on this motorway if you like. I did 250 (was scared to go higher) on that f*ucking road with a Mercedes C63 AMG. It felt like the car was flying, if felt good but dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? by bukiboy(m): 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2017
hmm

Re: Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? by Trapnews: 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
i am a guy but I totally disagree with the room, it may be true for someone else but not me, I'm organised, I hv been to ladies room, and I do see how they do litter they room with braziers, panties etc. itz only when their man z visiting that they struggle to put things in place. But men bc of the the urge to impress their various female friends that visit on regular basis, always get their rooms well arranged.
Generally, Men hv more organized room than ladies.
hmmm... your opinion, Nice DP!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Camry 99 V6 Emits Black Smoke Pls Help / Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It / How Good Is The Jeep Grand Cherokee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.