Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Ten Things Obama Did For America Not Widely Acknowledged - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ten Things Obama Did For America Not Widely Acknowledged (618 Views)

China Begs America Not To Start Nuclear War With North Korea / Is America Not A Circular Free Country Again? What I observed During Trump Takov / Trump : America Not Planning On Deportation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Things Obama Did For America Not Widely Acknowledged by Litmus: 2:47am On Jan 08, 2017
I'm not an Obama fan but as the rightwing Media push to label him worst American president ever, I thought I'd' provide some token amunition for those trying to defend him. It is counter productive and falling into the Rightwing trap to use the argument that "He, Obama, couldn't do anything because the Republican majority in the senate vetoed all his efforts"

In any case, here go ten things I believe he's not given enough credit for.

1) He saved the American economy from total collapse by quickly adopting Gordon Browns quantitative easing.

2) Enabling the access of health insurance to 20 million people that otherwise would be without

3) By giving go-ahead to Fracking, undermined the power of Saudi Arabia and the influence of oil cartel on the world economy.

4) Beginning the private space program revultion in America: Before coming to office he informed NASSA that he would slash their funding because he wanted to encourage the private sector involvement in space. He challenged NASSA to find innovative ways to continue their programs.

5) Thawed the frosty relationship between USA, China and Cuba.

6) Defused tension between America and Iran by forcing Iran to put their nuclear program on Hold in return for economic benefits.

7) Lead the way in making the world take climate change more seriously

cool The elimination of Bin Ladin

9) Brought Home American troops and ended the endless scenes of retuning Body-Bags, honour guards and weeping mothers.

10) Making Drone mainstream weapons.

Controversial Honourable mention:

11) Manoeuvred Russia into clearing up the mess in Syria by mocking Russia as only a regional power. I don’t believe Obama was enthusiastic about regime change in Syria. grin
Re: Ten Things Obama Did For America Not Widely Acknowledged by koladebrainiac(m): 3:05am On Jan 08, 2017
Nice one
Re: Ten Things Obama Did For America Not Widely Acknowledged by mannobi(m): 3:11am On Jan 08, 2017
What about his numerous sermons on homosexuality
Re: Ten Things Obama Did For America Not Widely Acknowledged by OFFICIAL336: 7:45am On Jan 08, 2017
You are seriously joking with that No 11.
Re: Ten Things Obama Did For America Not Widely Acknowledged by WebSurfer(m): 3:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
grin
Re: Ten Things Obama Did For America Not Widely Acknowledged by Orjitex15(m): 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
He tried.

(1) (Reply)

Some Great Quotes By American Presidents To Inspired Your Day. / Homeless Man Who Became Hero In Manchester Bombing Rewarded With Housing / Map Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.