Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,467 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB (728 Views)

Pursuit Of Passion, Act1 Scene 2 Continuation / Story Time: Pursuit Of Passion, Act1 Scene 2 / Story Pursuit Of Passion By Ayodeji Oyekanmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB by TheCOB(f): 3:25am On Jan 08, 2017
Hello,

I'm not exactly a writer but I'd like to share a story mainly to benefit those I discuss relationship matters with. The idea is so we can pick up some lessons here and there. Pardon any literary mistakes made as the main intent is to pass across a message to my audience.

Also, please help me by not stealing the story without my permission. It is a true story and I'd really appreciate that you do not exploit the sacredness of a story that means so much to me. Thank you.

I would update it once a week in order to keep up with my busy schedule. Thanks for understanding.

TheCOB, 8/1/17.

Jide and I had been friends for 4 years, best friends for 3 of those years. We shared everything - The joys, hopes, dreams, and even disappointments. He was the first person I wanted to share my achievements with and I had no doubt I could turn to him at the depth of my despair.

Every friend of ours knew us together and probably gossiped a lot about how foolish I seemed to be.

Foolish? I guess you are wondering why.

You see, I was in my 300 level and Jide was in his final year. He was one of the populars and I was one of those girls no one ever noticed in class. To make matters even worse, Jide was dating Nike.

Nike (unlike yours truly), had everything! She was tall, had the brightest smile that seemed to lighten up any room she stepped into. Long silky hair, beautiful eyes and long legs was a combination I couldn't even dare to compete with. Jide would tell me many times "I fell for her".

I the early days, time words never meant anything, they only made me laugh. Actually though, He could get me laugh literally over anything. I liked his smile. His pink lips had a beautiful way of parting slightly in such a way that made it seem like the brightness in his eyes had somehow travelled towards his lips. He had his way of connecting to me in ways no one else could.

Every guy who came around me had to subconsciously pass the "Jide-Test." I compared everything! How he walked, his smile, the way he responded to my concerns, his jokes, how he ate.... Everything!

And slowly, I began to get entangled.......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB by TheCOB(f): 3:28am On Jan 08, 2017
My first wrong assumption was:

"We are just platonic friends. Nothing can ever happen"

I was so certain of this assumption such that I even made a promise to him that if I ever felt anything romantic for him, I would tell him so we could douse it together.

And for so long I deceived myself in that assumption. I mean everyone could see that I was all over him, but sincerely, I couldn't see it.

In a group of friends I would pick him out and he spent more than half of his waking periods in my room. We would laugh, play, quarrel and argue, settle and start the cycle over again.

Looking back, I cherish those pure and innocent times.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB by TheCOB(f): 3:30am On Jan 08, 2017
"Look I have told you before, Jide and I are just friends. Stop all these your plenty thoughts joor".

That was me again on another denial scenario with the girls. They just wouldn't get off my case. And just when I had thought to hear the last of it, Nkechi sprang up "Abi you de fear say because of that Ajebo pikin wey de gum body for am?" As all attention returned back to the topic, I cringed inwardly.

Nkechi was usually the brash one, always saying things exactly as she thought them to be regardless of their obvious wrongness. That day though, she was right. I was really scared of competing with Nike - The Ajebo pikin. However, I wasn't about to let myself appear as the loser and so I rose in my defense - "Babes na lie na, who she be? Y'all know that if I wanted Jide I would get him and very easy too".

Well, that was a lie and everyone present in that room knew it. I was no match for Jide but trust Nkechi with her evil ways "See this one de make mouth o! Oya na prove am, if that bobo ever look you pass sisterzoning, na me Nkechi go personally make sure say CHEM 350 lecturer no ever disturb you for this school again!".

We all turned to look at Nkechi each for different reasons. You see,rumor had it that our friend Nkechi was a runz girl and slept with lecturers for grades. Infact I had once heard that she did something with a cultist and the guy had threatened all the lecturers to do her bidding or die. I had never believed them, because I mean, She was my roomie and a good friend at that. But today, right before our faces, she had unwittingly acknowledged the fact that she had some connection with our lecturers capable of getting Dr. Lawal off my neck. Well, I could only care less about her methods, getting the old flirty man of me was enough incentive to make me even grovel at her feet. And here, I didn't even need to grovel, I only had to get Jide show them himself as being all over me.

How hard could it be? I giggled with excitement at the thought of telling Jide the plan I had hatched in my mind. Naturally mischievous and known for being the lady's man, Jide was gong to love my idea! I looked up at Nkechi with a defiant expression on my face, fire in my eyes and mischief in my smile saying "Game on Sister!" She laughed at the ridiculousness of my pose shaking my hands simultaneously as she re-echoed my words "Game on Sister!"

And so it was, "Game on!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB by TheCOB(f): 3:31am On Jan 08, 2017
Cc: kinglekan

1 Like

Re: In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB by kinglekan: 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2017

Following smiley

Cc: Mediocre
Re: In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB by mediocre(m): 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
kinglekan:

Following smiley
Cc: Mediocre
Thanks !!!!

1 Like

Re: In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB by teejaypee: 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
following!!! cool
wink

2 Likes

Re: In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB by mediocre(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
sad(((((
Re: In Pursuit Of Goodness - by TheCOB by teejaypee: 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
TheCOB
angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Minutes More / Shadrach, My Love. / Bring Back Our Stories. (a Call For The Return Of All Uncompleted Stories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.