Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

The Pains And Gains Of Living With A Nuisance Neighbor - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Pains And Gains Of Living With A Nuisance Neighbor (526 Views)

Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! / Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Pains And Gains Of Living With A Nuisance Neighbor by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 08, 2017
Most times when people move into a new neighborhood, their hope is usually that, their new neighbors would be nice and accommodating.

Security is sometimes not our top priority because, the Landlord association usually takes care of that, especially if you live in an 'Estate'.

What everyone wants is a good and pleasant neighbor they can relate with, share ideas and brotherly love with.

Usually when people move in newly, everyone appears to be nice. They welcome you, but would never even ask of your name, let alone, where you come from!

An average Nigerian, does not know his/her neighbor's name (so sad). This is because we are not security conscious at all.

The only thing we care about is to be lucky enough to live with very good neighbors.

But it is not always the case, as we sometimes come across demons, idiots and nuisance as neighbors.

I moved into an 'Estate' somewhere on Lagos mainland, the compound was spick and span. I thanked God and settled in.

Towards evening I heard a very loud music coming from one of the other apartments, it actually woke me up from the little nap I decided to take after the stress of moving in.

I got up and peeked out of the window, I discovered it was the guy at the BQ.

He was blasting a song and to make it more annoying, he was singing to it so loudly too!

I thought, dear God! ''Is this what I'm going to have to endure for 2 years''? (I paid 2 years rent!). It went on through the night till about 11.30pm, obviously I couldn't sleep.

In the morning when I saw the guy, I wanted to ask him what his problem was, blasting music that loud.

I changed my mind because, I just moved in, I didn't want to appear like a 'trouble maker'.

After all there are other neighbors there too, if it was that bad they would call him to order. They have been with him and not complaining why should I?

As time went by, I noticed the other neighbors are barely on talking terms which informs why none of them could say something to the stupid guy. ''United we stand'' I thought.

The guy carried on and on, I remember my sister visiting me with her 2 kids and the kids could hardly sleep a wink through the night because of his constant loud music.

Next morning, I summoned up courage and went to the other apartment where a married couple and their 4 children lived. I told them my concerns about the guy at the BQ.

What I got was a shocker, as they told me the guy, was the Landlord's son and could care less about how anybody feels, and that they enjoy his music to be sincere, jeez!

I looked stupid instantly. I got up and left for my apartment, thinking of my next plan as I couldn't continue living there with so much noise.

The music didn't stop, instead it became louder, like the couple told the nuisance about my mission to their home. I gave up and resorted to dancing to the music instead.

So one day, he came very close to my window (I lived downstairs) singing so loudly, this time with an earpiece. I said ''hello, good morning'' I introduced myself and he responded positively.

I started by asking him why he seldom comes out (like I give a rat's ass!). He said he prefers staying indoors and listening to good music, music? Yes, this is it, I thought.

So I told him about how his music keeps me awake all night after a hard day's job. How it sometimes gives me headache, and causes me to loose concentration because I had a lot to write!

He apologized and promised to always turn down the volume, and not sing aloud also. I believed him.

From that moment we became friends and often talked about latest movies and books, yes, I love reading too!

About a month after that, he lost his mom so his entire family traveled out of town for her burial, the compound became so quiet it could be mistaken for a grave yard.

I knew instantly the music kept the compound alive and bubbly, I started missing the music! The neighbors all kept to themselves, so it felt lonely without the music.

That was when I started praying for his return, so the silence will disappear and everywhere hot like fire once again, after all no pain, no gain.

Chichi is a freelance writer and a blogger, read more interesting topics on her blog @ http://www.chichiuncensored.com
Re: The Pains And Gains Of Living With A Nuisance Neighbor by Lionbite(m): 7:05am On Jan 08, 2017
Op you dont even know what you want.
Re: The Pains And Gains Of Living With A Nuisance Neighbor by Nutase: 7:10am On Jan 08, 2017
smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About "Lagos Blackout". Is Your Area Affected. #inofeellagosblackout / The Voluntary Making Of A Single Mother : Right Or Wrong? / Get Rid Of Pimples Immediately!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.