Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. (7122 Views)

When A 3D Artist Adds ‪photography‬ To His Set Of Skills (check It Out) / Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? / Nigerian 3d Artist Contest - Prize . Free Training . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by aphek: 3:49pm On Feb 01, 2010
@9tLecturer
I use maya and i use mr_skylight for fast preview of my scene. On the contrary, the huts are not on water.Rather they are on
a plane with no texture applied. These are all WIP. the huts scene have no foreground, midground or background elements. I am just
doing a render to test my textures.I guess i expected a more technical and expert crit from you. Of course water is not this white
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by 9tLecturer: 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2010
@aphek,

hey, see my oga won finish me oooo grin grin actually i was joking when i said it was on water grin i knew it was a plane, actually when you are doing test lighting, i guess you might consider the following:

A: You should test your lighting with models without texturing to get your lighting directions and angle well and also photons when using indirect illumination
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by 9tLecturer: 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2010
Please disregard earlier post

@aphek,

hey, see my oga won finish me oooo grin grin actually i was joking when i said it was on water grin i knew it was a plane, actually when you are doing test lighting, i guess you might consider the following:

A: You should test your lighting with models without textures to get your lighting directions and angle well and also photons when using indirect illumination
B: Also test your lighting with models with textures and shaders to check which materials/textures/shaders correspond to light, receive light more or less then you can tweak your lights settings
C: After getting your light settings and angles right then proceed to actual texturing, then you can lock or freeze your light object so as not to accidently move or change them.

adjust your render settings and you are gud to go. At least i know the above processes are standard procedures of some production pipeline. cuss sometimes lighting your scene are not always friendly to do

oga, i said i was out cheesy grin

but aphek, this is just a simple scene, there's nothing technical much to say about it or what do u think? i think you are just trying out,
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by melvi: 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2010
@9tlecturer.

You see,this is what I am talking about.Your work speaks for itself.Your modeling is really neat and thats clean topology right there.I am taking from the topology that the shoe is a subdivisional model.I may be wrong or is it Nurbs?I prefer polygons when modeling.In the 3D industry, sculpting applications have gained ground due to the ease and fast nature with which models can be made.There is ZBrush and Mudbox.I prefer Mudbox cause of its simple UI and similarities to maya.Mudbox enables u to sculpt a base mesh anyway u like without bothering about Topology.U can check some videos to see how fast people create models in mudbox or zbrush on youtube.Then import into Topogun and build a new mesh with clean topology on top of the high res one.For me,it just speeds up my work and makes things easier.

Yep, it might sound hectic to move a project from one app to another but I have learnt the hard way that if there are applications that can help u speed up your work and at the same time they come off in good quality.There is no harm.

About motion builder,I have just started playing around with it and I am amazed at how good the animation looks,you can move a keyframe u set for a character along the slider.The most awesome thing is its realtime capabilities.You can see how your characters act and animate in realtime,not to mention the ragdoll and physics solver in realtime unlike Maya assuming u have ncloth or hair simulation,it might not play properly or u have to make use of a cache.Maya somewhat is rigid.Motionbuilder has a simple rigging system and its fun so far.So after animating in motionbuilder u can export everything including particles,keyframe,models into maya and render the frames.How cool is that?James cameron was able to create what he wanted cause he could see his Navi tribe in action in realtime .He even picked camera angles or picked the spot in the virual world where he wanted his characters to stand or sit.The realtime capabilities of this software is amazing!!

But then, I think they are artists who prefer to stick to one software and they are good at it.I don't know if u have heard of monty oum and his fan animation series:Dead Fantasy.He has been using Poser for 11 years.It is amazing that one can animate so well with such a software.

Nice to know your modeling skills landed u a good job.Congrats. wink
Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by aphek: 5:15pm On Feb 02, 2010
@9tLecturer
Thanks for the crit. Regarding texturing and Lighting i know what i am doing. I have my workflow nailed down.
Again Thanks.

Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by aphek: 6:12pm On Feb 02, 2010
@9tLecturer

9tLecturer:

but aphek, this is just a simple scene, there's nothing technical much to say about it or what do u think? i think you are just trying out,

i don't understand what you mean when you said i am" just trying out".

Re: Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. by aphek: 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2010
@9tLecturer
If you want I can post the wireframes so you can see my topology. There is really no big deal in modeling. Modeling is the least thing I can do.
I work across all the production pipeline. I am what you will call a generalist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Use The INFINITE DESIGN APP To Create A Cartoon Artwork / My 3ds Max Renders (beginner) / Beautiful Designs at affordable prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.