Stats: 3,160,740 members, 7,844,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why (2239 Views)

REMEMBERING ESUA (just A Plate Of Food) / Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / US Pastor, Jenkins: "I Love Women & Pussy" After He Was Caught At Strippers Club (2) (3) (4)

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by pweeryambre: 9:22am On Oct 05, 2023
1960TECH:
No matter how hard i try to understand this verse of the bible the deeper i get lost, my dad who happend to be a Rev has done his best in explaining, but i cant place my fingers on what an innocent child who never beg to be born did to be hated right from the womb of his mother by God.

"Esua i hate, Jacob i love" Romans 9:13

I sometime doult His existance what can hardcore christians say about this Cause am not getting it
I thought i was the only one that felt this way... the story of Esau and Jacob just doesn't make sense at all, or was it meant to be some kind of parables... Esau was just too innocent and loyal and yet was never rewarded in return, similar stories include the prodigal son, Mary and Martha etc.
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Kobojunkie: 3:36am On Oct 09, 2023
pweeryambre:
■ I thought i was the only one that felt this way... the story of Esau and Jacob just doesn't make sense at all, or was it meant to be some kind of parables...
■ Esau was just too innocent and loyal and yet was never rewarded in return, similar stories include the prodigal son, Mary and Martha etc.
The statement rather means that God chose to use Jacob for His ultimate plan while Esau was not the one to be used. undecided

2. It wasn't Esau's character that mattered nor this assumed innocent you believe he had, rather what mattered was God's decision. God chose Jacob and that is that. undecided
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by petra1(m): 6:18am On Oct 09, 2023

The story of Esau and Jacob remains one of the biggest traumas of my growing up years
I literally hurt, physically and emotionally, trying to wrap my head around the story embarassed cry embarassed
Not a good story at all, for me...I also do not like the story of Mary and Martha....I was rooting for Martha, and Mary buttered up the master and took all the praise! shocked angry shocked...I still dont get it
I digress now, but I think I need to read the Bible again, as a full and total adult...I wanna see if I would get those now, to know whether the terror (eg from Revelations), the joy, the pain, the injustice, the hope, the love and every feeling I got from reading it still hold true

I actually have to read the Bible again...asap
#resolve#to-do
I really wish it would leave me feeling good...my young mind felt many stories there were unjust...wanna see how I would feel about them now

God Des not hate Esau. It’s a translation issue

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Aemmyjah(m): 7:12am On Oct 09, 2023
According to the Hebrew context, it means to love less
That meant Esau was loved less than Jacob

Same word was used to describe Jacob's feelings for Jacob and Leah and Rachel... Jacob loved Leah less than Rachel

Even Jesus said that his disciples must hate their mother and father and relatives in order to follow him... We should love Jesus more than family
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:43am On Oct 09, 2023
After the incident that occured in the garden of Eden God began using His Holy Spirit to look into the lineage that will produce Christ Abraham's lineage was chosen so any child that comes from that lineage will be screened not after birth but right from the womb to see how such a child will treasure the heritage.

Esau was Isaac's first born but he doesn't take the heritage seriously like Jacob God foresaw it right from the time both children were conceived in their mother's womb that's why He could say Jacob is the chosen one meanwhile the heritage supposed to be passed on to Esau who is the firstborn son of Isaac. smiley
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by 22jumpstreet1(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2023
a good background to understanding it is to study the story of Enki and Enlil......

then you will understand the story of Jacob and Esau..

it simply means that there are two sides to God...

Jacob(Enki) and his sons and daughters occupy the right side
while Esau(Enlil) and his sons and daughters occupy the left side
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Kobojunkie: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
22jumpstreet1:
a good background to understanding it is to study the story of Enki and Enlil...... then you will understand the story of Jacob and Esau.. it simply means that there are two sides to God...Jacob(Enki) and his sons and daughters occupy the right side
Stop lying! Stop spouting bullsheet in a desperate attempt to sound learned, as is always the case with you, for crying out loud. undecided

There is absolutely no literary connection to be had between that story and that of Jacob or Esau. undecided

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Aemmyjah(m): 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! Stop spouting bullsheet in a desperate attempt to sound learned, as is always the case with you, for crying out loud. undecided

There is absolutely no literary connection to be had between that story and that of Jacob or Esau. undecided

Pls, what is the source of that story?

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Pls, what is the source of that story?
The Epic of Gilgamesh. Enlil, Enki and An, I believe, were supposed gods tasked with creation of the world and men. undecided
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Aemmyjah(m): 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Epic of Gilgamesh. Enlil, Enki and An, I believe, were supposed gods tasked with creation of the world and men. undecided

Oh
Thanks for the enlightenment

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by 22jumpstreet1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:

do you really want to learn?

i suggest you read this book...

https://www.amazon.com/Anunnaki-Bible-Sumerian-Origin-Christian-ebook/dp/B07FC6W1RD#:~:text=picture%20of...-,An%20amazingly%20detailed%20collection%20of%20passages%20from%20the%20Bible%20and,of%20Creation%20and%20our%20history.
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:

you really don't know anything....

such a pity..

i can understand you don't want your illusion destroyed, but not in this 21st century....

go online...learn, nobody asked you to believe anything....
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
22jumpstreet1:
■ do you really want to learn?

i suggest you read this book....
Abeg get away! undecided
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2023
22jumpstreet1:
■ you really don't know anything.... such a pity..i can understand you don't want your illusion destroyed, but not in this 21st century....
■ go online...learn, nobody asked you to believe anything....
This coming from someone who in a desperate attempt tried to suggest Enlil and Enki, both Mesopotamian gods, as being one and the same with the twin characters Jacob and Esau of Scripture all without actual detail that connects the two stories. undecided

Keep going online and having other lunatics feed you their delusions so you can come here to spew them as your facts. Nonsense! undecided

Just so you know, the folks here living in mental asylums have online access and social media accounts where they regularly post their delusions for their many followers to eat up. *** hiss****

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by 22jumpstreet1(m): 9:50am On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Abeg get away! undecided

its online..

if you cant buy it...

download it online..

if you need data, i can help....

please let me know...

it wont make you infertile....learn and gain knowledge..
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by KnownUnknown: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2023
22jumpstreet1:
a good background to understanding it is to study the story of Enki and Enlil......

then you will understand the story of Jacob and Esau..

it simply means that there are three aspects to God...

Jacob(Enki) and his sons and daughters occupy the right side
In the center be the Leprechaun and his minions
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by 22jumpstreet1(m): 11:03am On Oct 16, 2023
[quote author=KnownUnknown post=126334043][/quote]

have you seen a psychiatrist like i suggested?

it will do you a whole lot of Good...

you are slipping into uncharted territory

come back...

Why Are Deeper Life Girls So Stubborn??? / Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? / Declare These Prayers Point Upon Your Family To Overcome Challenges. Click Link.