Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why (2212 Views)

REMEMBERING ESUA (just A Plate Of Food) / Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / US Pastor, Jenkins: "I Love Women & Pussy" After He Was Caught At Strippers Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by 1960TECH(m): 10:40am On Jan 08, 2017
No matter how hard i try to understand this verse of the bible the deeper i get lost, my dad who happend to be a Rev has done his best in explaining, but i cant place my fingers on what an innocent child who never beg to be born did to be hated right from the womb of his mother by God.

"Esua i hate, Jacob i love" Romans 9:13

I sometime doult His existance what can hardcore christians say about this Cause am not getting it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 08, 2017
It was because he despised his spiritual inheritance when he gave his birthright to Jacob. He should have been the father of Israel. On the other hand, Jacob used trickery, lies, manipulation just to get the same heritage. He esteemed God higher than his twin did.
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by 1960TECH(m): 11:56am On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:
It was because he despised his spiritual inheritance when he gave his birthright to Jacob. He should have been the father of Israel. On the other hand, Jacob used trickery, lies, manipulation just to get the same heritage. He esteemed God higher than his twin did.
ure nt getin it write frm the womb

4 Likes

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by randomperson: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:
Bible u won't read, short Op like that, u won't read... Was it in the womb he despised his spiritual inheritance?? God already said he hated Esau before they were born..
It's like god smokes some supernatural weed because some of his decisions are just awkward.. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
randomperson:

Bible u won't read, short Op like that, u won't read... Was it in the womb he despised his spiritual inheritance?? God already said he hated Esau before they were born..
It's like god smokes some supernatural weed because some of his decisions are just awkward.. grin
I would not be surprised, but where is it written as such?
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
1960TECH:
ure nt getin it write frm the womb
Share the reference, because Romans was written over a thousand years after.

But, if you insist, don't you think God would know Him way before he was conceived?

1 Like

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by olagbemi118(m): 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
1960TECH:
No matter how hard i try to understand this verse of the bible the deeper i get lost, my dad who happend to be a Rev has done his best in explaining, but i cant place my fingers on what an innocent child who never beg to be born did to be hated right from the womb of his mother by God.

I sometime doult His existance what can hardcore christians say about this Cause am not getting it
predestination! We are clay in the hands of the Porter

3 Likes

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by achorladey: 3:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
1960TECH:

Take your time to read the whole of Romans 9 let me know if you're still unable to discern why.

1 Like

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Plappvillemoi(f): 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
1960TECH:

OP, check this commentary for clarification.

As it is written - Malachi 1:2-3. That is, the distribution of favors is on the principle advanced by the prophet, and is in accordance with the declaration that God had in fact loved the one and hated the other.
Jacob - This refers, doubtless, to the posterity of Jacob.

Have I loved - I have shown affection for that people; I have bestowed on them great privileges and blessings, as proofs of attachment. I have preferred Jacob to Esau.

Esau - The descendants of Esau, the Edomites; see Malachi 1:4.

Have I hated - This does not mean any positive hatred; but that he had preferred Jacob, and had withheld from Esau those privileges and blessings which he had conferred on the posterity of Jacob. This is explained in Malachi 1:3," And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness;" compare Jeremiah 49:17-18; Ezekiel 35:6. It was common among the Hebrews to use the terms "love" and "hatred" in this comparative sense, where the former implied strong positive attachment, and the latter, not positive hatred, but merely a less love, or the withholding of the expressions of affection; compare Genesis 29:30-31; Proverbs 13:24, "He that spareth his rod hateth his son; but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes;" Matthew 6:24, "No man can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other," etc.; Luke 14:26, "if any man come to me, and hate not his father and mother, etc...
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
1960TECH:

The Esau Jacob story is one of the most painful one from Gods perspective, as it remedies a situation which happened BTW Cain and Abel.
It was a symbolic battle btw the physical firstborn with the original sin and the second born with less sin.
It was purely symbolic acting as a sacrifice to purify the lineage of the first son and prepare the messaic line through which Jesus Christ came from.

2 Likes

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
Op, don't expect genuine response from christians. They have nothing worthwhile to say. They will avoid the thread at worse. They are like mtn customer agents. They always fail to render solution, instead go about ranting irrelevant stuff you never asked of.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
1960TECH:

When studying the Bible, it is critically important to always study the context of a particular Bible verse or passage. In this instance, the apostle Paul was using the name “Esau” to refer to the Edomites, who were the descendants of Esau. Isaac and Rebekah had two sons, Esau and Jacob. God chose Jacob (whom He later renamed “Israel”) to be the father of His chosen people, the Israelites. God rejected Esau (who was also called “Edom”) and did not choose him to be the father of His chosen people. Esau and his descendants, the Edomites, were in many ways blessed by God ( Genesis 33:9 ; Genesis chapter 36).
So, considering the context, God loving Jacob and hating Esau has nothing to do with the human emotions of love and hate. It has everything to do with God choosing one man and his descendants and rejecting another man and his descendants. God chose Abraham out of all the men in the world. The Bible very well could say, “Abraham I loved, and every other man I hated.” God chose Abraham’s son Isaac instead of Abraham’s son Ishmael. The Bible very well could say, “Isaac I loved, and Ishmael I hated.” Romans chapter 9 makes it abundantly clear that loving Jacob and hating Esau was entirely related to which of them God chose. Hundreds of years after Jacob and Esau had died, the Israelites and Edomites became bittery enemies. The Edomites often aided Israel’s enemies in attacks on Israel. Esau’s descendants brought God’s curse upon themselves. Genesis 27:29 tells Israel, “May nations serve you and peoples bow down to you. Be lord over your brothers, and may the sons of your mother bow down to you. May those who curse you be cursed and those who bless you be blessed.”

2 Likes

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by hopefulLandlord: 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2017
Christians avoiding this thread
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Christians avoiding this thread

I explained it
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by CoolUsername: 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
randomperson:

The Most High indeed.

1 Like

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2017
Op, don't expect genuine response from christians. They have nothing worthwhile to say. They will avoid the thread at worse. They are like mtn customer agents. They always fail to render solution, instead go about ranting irrelevant stuff you never asked of.
I have explained it already
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by otemanuduno: 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
Muafrika2:
Satan(Yahweh) loves Jacob(the meaning of Jacob is deception) and hates Esau(the meaning of Esau is TRUTH). undecided
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by easterwick(m): 11:13pm On Jan 18, 2017
otemanuduno:
Satan(Yahweh) loves Jacob(the meaning of Jacob is deception) and hates Esau(the meaning of Esau is TRUTH). undecided
WRONG MY BROTHER MY HEAVENLY FATHER IS LOVE BUT THE WORLD CHOOSE HATRED because of money "EARTHLY MOTHER" SATAN WHO IS DIVIDED INTO LIGHT AND DARKNES PAUL IS THE DECEPTION SHE LOVES COME OUT FROM HER SO YOU DONT PARTAKE FROM HER 20thjanuary2017 the trump will sound

1 Like

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
otemanuduno:

Lies
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 19, 2017
1960TECH:

How come a Reverend's son doesn't understand this?

"Before I formed you in your mother's womb I knew you" Jer. 1:5

"I will have mercy on whom I chose and compassion on whom I have compassion " Romans 9:15

" For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are my ways your ways " Isaiah 55:8
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by otemanuduno: 7:50am On Jan 19, 2017
Junia:

Lies
what is the meaning of Jacob?
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by otemanuduno: 7:51am On Jan 19, 2017
easterwick:
WRONG MY BROTHER MY HEAVENLY FATHER IS LOVE BUT THE WORLD CHOOSE HATRED because of money "EARTHLY MOTHER" SATAN WHO IS DIVIDED INTO LIGHT AND DARKNES PAUL IS THE DECEPTION SHE LOVES COME OUT FROM HER SO YOU DONT PARTAKE FROM HER 20thjanuary2017 the trump will sound
Your heavenly father(Yahweh) is Satan. Explain to us why he loves Jacob(deciever) and hates Esau(the truth).
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 19, 2017
otemanuduno:
what is the meaning of Jacob?

Supplanter
I mean Yahweh is not Satan
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by otemanuduno: 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
Junia:

Supplanter
I mean Yahweh is not Satan
What is the meaning of Supplanter? And such person is loved by your god and Esau, the son of truth is being hated? shocked
I can remember the deceptive trick Yahweh taught Jacob so that he could own many of Laban's property. Yahweh is a thief.
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
otemanuduno:

What is the meaning of Supplanter? And such person is loved by your god and Esau, the son of truth is being hated? shocked
I can remember the deceptive trick Yahweh taught Jacob so that he could own many of Laban's property. Yahweh is a thief.

Brother
There is no need argueing with you
Yahweh is not a thief and He never taught anyone how to steal
Even Laban himself deceived Jacob (Genesis 31:7)
I wont argue with you because the devil has successfully decieved you to believe that Yahweh is satan
Visit joyofsatan.org and you will know who satan is
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by otemanuduno: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
Junia:

Brother
There is no need argueing with you
Yahweh is not a thief and He never taught anyone how to steal
Even Laban himself deceived Jacob (Genesis 31:7)
I wont argue with you because the devil has successfully decieved you to believe that Yahweh is satan
Visit joyofsatan.org and you will know who satan is
kikikiki, let anybody from there come and tell us the lies from such place. Joyofsatan kor, sadness of Shatan nii? Mtchew! That website is owned by a fake person who's ignorant of whom exactly Satan is. Yahweh is Satan and himself knows that. Currently he is handicapped in his spiritual cage.

1 Like

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
otemanuduno:
kikikiki, let anybody from there come and tell us the lies from such place. Joyofsatan kor, sadness of Shatan nii? Mtchew! That website is owned by a fake person who's ignorant of whom exactly Satan is. Yahweh is Satan and himself knows that. Currently he is handicapped in his spiritual cage.

That is what you've been deceived to believe
I don't blame you
Lets end it here
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by otemanuduno: 8:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
Junia:

That is what you've been deceived to believe
I don't blame you
Lets end it here
Okay,remain in your delusion while I keep the truth for the future people of the world. Atum has told me before that many won't believe me now, but in the future when brains would be evolved, they will believe.

But all evidences point to the facts that NOBODY ELSE CAN SATISFY THE POSITION OF BEING SATAN EXCEPT YAHWEH(SATAN) HIMSELF.

i leave you to your belief. undecided
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by realmindz: 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
otemanuduno:
Okay,remain in your delusion while I keep the truth for the future people of the world. Atum has told me before that many won't believe me now, but in the future when brains would be evolved, they will believe.

But all evidences point to the facts that NOBODY ELSE CAN SATISFY THE POSITION OF BEING SATAN EXCEPT YAHWEH(SATAN) HIMSELF.

you've not been updating your doctofus thread
Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by otemanuduno: 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
realmindz:

you've not been updating your doctofus thread
So true that. I've been sleeping at night nowadays. My days are also busy ones. I'll find time to make up for all the days I didn't upload. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
1960TECH:

The story of Esau and Jacob remains one of the biggest traumas of my growing up years
I literally hurt, physically and emotionally, trying to wrap my head around the story embarassed cry embarassed
Not a good story at all, for me...I also do not like the story of Mary and Martha....I was rooting for Martha, and Mary buttered up the master and took all the praise! shocked angry shocked...I still dont get it
I digress now, but I think I need to read the Bible again, as a full and total adult...I wanna see if I would get those now, to know whether the terror (eg from Revelations), the joy, the pain, the injustice, the hope, the love and every feeling I got from reading it still hold true

I actually have to read the Bible again...asap
#resolve#to-do
I really wish it would leave me feeling good...my young mind felt many stories there were unjust...wanna see how I would feel about them now

1 Like

Re: Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
otemanuduno:

Ok
We live to see

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Holiness" Preachers And Believers AND FALSE ASSURANCE / "Praying Naked Is Like Trying To Seduce God To Answer You" / Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.