Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,640 members, 7,955,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) (1042 Views)

Six Best Ways To Monetize A Blog Without Pasting Ads / 9 Top Reliable Ways To Earn Money From Your Blog Without Google Adsense / 6 Ways To Build A Valuable Blog Without Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) by GoodyOG: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pls i need urgent help.on my blog,i change to a custom domain name(.tk).
Anytime i try to access my blog www.goodiestechs.tk it on a desktop or with a destop view on a phone,without the www. ,it gives my error of unknown domain name but the blog work very well on a mobile phone browser/version with the www. present.

pls i need to hlp on how to resolve it pls....

thanks in advance
Re: How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) by Mikeshiangala(m): 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
GoodyOG:
Anytime i try to access my blog www.goodiestechs.tk it on a desktop or with a destop view on a phone,without the www. ,it gives my error of unknown domain name but the blog work very well on a mobile phone browser/version with the www. present.

thanks in advance

If i may ask are you using wordpress or ?

For wp/drupal/joomla/concrete5 and other apps;

Adjust the DNS settings for the domain. Simply setup a CNAME-record (this is an entry within the Domain Name System (DNS) which specifies the location of your web pages) for the domain with the “ www” prefix pointing to the web-server's IP, and also setup an A-record for the domain name without the “www” prefix to point to the web-server's IP address.
That is, having an A-record for goodiestechs.tk and a
CNAME-record for www.goodiestechs.tk , pointing to the same web-server IP address.

for ,let me know so that i can direct you
Re: How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) by GoodyOG: 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

If i may ask are you using wordpress or ?

For wp/drupal/joomla/concrete5 and other apps;

Adjust the DNS settings for the domain. Simply setup a CNAME-record (this is an entry within the Domain Name System (DNS) which specifies the location of your web pages) for the domain with the “ www” prefix pointing to the web-server's IP, and also setup an A-record for the domain name without the “www” prefix to point to the web-server's IP address.
That is, having an A-record for goodiestechs.tk and a
CNAME-record for www.goodiestechs.tk , pointing to the same web-server IP address.

for ,let me know so that i can direct you

thank a lot for indicating to help...am running the blog on ...
Re: How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) by Mikeshiangala(m): 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
GoodyOG:

thank a lot for indicating to help...am running the blog on ...

For Blogger;

Before you can start using a custom domain like w w w (dot)goodiestechs(dot)tk for your blogger powered blog, you will need to have already purchased the domain name from a valid domain registrar and link it to your blogger account. since you have already done that and want your domain to be accessible with or without a w w w , then

Go to your Blogger Dashboard .
Click on Settings >>> Basic and then under the Publishing Section, locate and click on Edit .

You should see a check box which reads Redirect goodiestechs.tk to w w w(dot)goodiestechs(dot)tk or Redirect w w w(dot)goodiestechs(dot)tk to goodiestechs.tk .

If you do not see the above image, then it means you have not added a CNAME in your domain DNS settings which is located on the domain’s control panel. Adding of a Canonical Name (CNAME) requires that you locate your domain DNS settings page.

After you are done with that, go back to your Blogger account again and click on
Settings >>> Basic.

In the Publishing section, locate and click on Add Custom Domain .

Enter the domain name in the box immediately after http:// starting it with a w w w i.e.
w w w(dot)goodiestechs(dot)tk then click on
Save .

Once it is saved, locate and click on the
Edit link just in front of the domain you just added.

Now tick the checkbox which should be reading Redirect goodiestechs(dot)tk to w w w(dot)goodiestechs(dot)tk.

Finally click on the Save button
With that done, your web page will and can be accessible with or without the user entering the w w w prefix.
If you encounter any problem, feel free to let me know so I can assist you.

1 Like

Re: How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) by GoodyOG: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

For Blogger;

Before you can start using a custom domain like w w w (dot)goodiestechs(dot)tk for your blogger powered blog, you will need to have already purchased the domain name from a valid domain registrar and link it to your blogger account. since you have already done that and want your domain to be accessible with or without a w w w , then

Click on Settings >>> Basic and then under the Publishing Section, locate and click on Edit .

You should see a check box which reads Redirect goodiestechs.tk to w w w(dot)goodiestechs(dot)tk or Redirect w w w(dot)goodiestechs(dot)tk to goodiestechs.tk .

[img]http://3.bp..com/-29qjMCvkBqA/UyiN034TJgI/AAAAAAAABa0/XPH8UYGeQEk/s1600/Website+redirect1.jpg[/img]

If you do not see the above image, then it means you have not added a CNAME in your domain DNS settings which is located on the domain’s control panel. Adding of a Canonical Name (CNAME) requires that you locate your domain DNS settings page.

After you are done with that, go back to your Blogger account again and click on
Settings >>> Basic.

Enter the domain name in the box immediately after http:// starting it with a w w w i.e.
Save .

Now tick the checkbox which should be reading Redirect goodiestechs(dot)tk to w w w(dot)goodiestechs(dot)tk.

With that done, your web page will and can be accessible with or without the user entering the w w w prefix.
thank you very much for your help...i will try it
Re: How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) by GoodyOG: 9:59am On Jan 10, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

For Blogger;

Settings >>> Basic.

Save .

thanks a lot...i have done it.
Re: How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) by bedfordng(m): 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
GoodyOG:

thanks in advance
why using dot tk domain when you can build a brand with a custom domain name. In the long run, you will have yourself to be blamed for using free tk domain instead of custom domain. As for the www issue, you will have to add the A records to your domain dns and also tick the redirect option on your blogger settings
Re: How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) by GoodyOG: 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2017
bedfordng:
why using dot tk domain when you can build a brand with a custom domain name. In the long run, you will have yourself to be blamed for using free tk domain instead of custom domain. As for the www issue, you will have to add the A records to your domain dns and also tick the redirect option on your blogger settings

ok thanks for the advice...i wish start planing to get a .com domain
Re: How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) by 004gist: 3:13am On Jan 28, 2017
bedfordng:
Pls i have a serious issue
I have a site hosted on wa_pka everything was working well then suddenly it stops opening on opera mini since last week. But open on other browsers.
I guess it's the dns server of wa_pka that's having an issue with opera mini which is
Ns1.wa_pka.mobi
Ns2.wa_pka.mobi
Because it happened last year and I changed the dns to cloudflare.com dns server after registring my site with cloudflare.com.
But now I tried doing same on cloudflare.com but it didn't work again.

Any solution or dns server I can point to to enable the site accessible because now all site hosted on wa_pka is not opening on opera mini
Re: How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) by Jose213(m): 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
004gist:

Pls i have a serious issue
I have a site hosted on wa_pka everything was working well then suddenly it stops opening on opera mini since last week. But open on other browsers.
I guess it's the dns server of wa_pka that's having an issue with opera mini which is
Ns1.wa_pka.mobi
Ns2.wa_pka.mobi
Because it happened last year and I changed the dns to cloudflare.com dns server after registring my site with cloudflare.com.
But now I tried doing same on cloudflare.com but it didn't work again.

Any solution or dns server I can point to to enable the site accessible because now all site hosted on wa_pka is not opening on opera mini

Is the site still pointing to cloudflare?
Re: How To Access A Blog Without Www. (HELP NEEDED PLEASE) by 004gist: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
Jose213:

Is the site still pointing to cloudflare?
No I have removed it from cloudflare.com because it's no longer working

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank Is Not Encrypting Emails Containing Sensitive Information / How Do You Prevent Facebook From Tearing/blocking Your Working Account / Anyone With Premium Wordpress Themes For Sale???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.