Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! (1569 Views)

Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. / World's Longest Snake Has Virgin Birth / What Celsus Said About The Virgin Birth Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
1. God is not a MAN that procreates with mankind
2. To suggest that the Holiest of all Spirits impregnated a woman is laughable if not downright madness.
3. It requires sperm and egg to fertilize into a Zygote and form a human, God does not work against nature
4. The notion that God was born through a woman and knew NOTHING till he came of age is bordering on lunacy
5. God is not a MAN - Numbers 23:19
6. Not one of the disciples mentioned a virgin birth including Paul
7. The prophetical reference in the gospel of Matthew to Isaiah 7:14 about a virgin birth is a forced fabrication
8. The earliest and most original of all gospels which is Mark never mentioned a virgin birth, Matthew and Luke gospels added to and plagiarized from the gospel of Mark
9. The mere thought that Mary was preserved from original sin is silly in itself
10. The virgin birth as mentioned in the bible is only found in Matthew and Luke who funny enough contradict each other.
11. Jesus Christ is not GOD , he was a MAN who was called by God and did not need to be brought into the world through a bogus virgin birth
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by thorpido(m): 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
Your opinion tongue

1 Like

Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Scholar8200(m): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
thorpido:
Your opinion tongue
indeed! one out of hundred of millions of evangelicals. Negligible and infinitesimal, isnt it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
Scholar8200:
indeed! one out of millions. Negligible, isnt it.

You will be surpised that many other millions even billions reject this facade including the Jews cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Scholar8200(m): 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
frosbel2:

You will be surpised about how many other millions even billions reject this facade including the Jews cheesy
changes nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
Scholar8200:
changes nothing

Well a Myth can be believed by horde of church people but it does not negate the fact that it is a Myth, indeed the truth does not usually win popularity contests - wink

3 Likes

Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Heavance(m): 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ever wondered how God doesn't age and doesn't work with our time? He created time and stepped out of it. You can never understand God, op no vex
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Sanchez01: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
We know. Why then are you guys having sleepless nights over Christ and God. Clowns and confused fellows everywhere.
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by bfeet(m): 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2017
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by bfeet(m): 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
frosbel2:

11. Jesus Christ is not GOD , he was a MAN who was called by God and did not need to be brought into the world through a bogus virgin birth

Just wondering, where did you get your information about Jesus? From the bible or some other source?
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Scholar8200(m): 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
frosbel2:

Well a Myth can be believed by horde of church people but it does not negate the fact that it is a Myth, indeed the truth does not usually win popularity contests - wink
ok

1 Like

Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by MrMontella(m): 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
Scholar8200:
even from the early days of christianity...
Christian sects didnt believe this...

Like the ebionites

2 Likes

Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Scholar8200(m): 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2017
MrMontella:

Like the ebionites
the ebionites are not Christians. their tenets contradicts Matthew 16:17-19 hence they are not built on the Rock. Infact, their stance on Jesus is more Islamic than Christian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by MrMontella(m): 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
Scholar8200:
the ebionites are not Christians. there tenets contradicts Matthew 16:17-19 hence they are not built on the Rock. Infact, their stance on Jesus is more Islamic than Christian.
your opinion bro...
Islam didnt even exist until centuries after their beginning.
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Scholar8200(m): 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
MrMontella:

your opinion bro...
Islam didnt even exist until centuries after their beginning.
Indeed, my opinion in perfect alignment with the Truth. I did not say they were muslims either. That statement was used to show how un-Christian they were. Besides, it is apparent that they were a neo-Gnostic movement denounced by both Paul and John the beloved, in their epistles. References are available on request.
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2017
bfeet:

Just wondering, where did you get your information about Jesus? From the bible or some other source?

Bible.
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by jonbellion(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
MrMontella:

Like the ebionites
I wonder how people believe that their life is centred around a Jewish deity and his son that is also him
They were created to kiss his ass and kiss his ass they will
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by MrMontella(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
Scholar8200:
Indeed, my opinion in perfect alignment with the Truth. I did not say they were muslims either. That statement was used to show how un-Christian they were. Besides, it is apparent that they were a neo-Gnostic movement denounced by both Paul and John the beloved, in their epistles. References are available on request
thats new..
Before you bring biblical verses...i'd like to remind you that there are christians here on this forum who reject paul..eg oraoloye..so you'd have to prove accepting paul's doctrines is what makes one a christian

2)some books of the bible possibly hadnt been written before the ebionites started existing..

3)the bible was not compiled until centuries after their existence..and some ''scriptures'' in existence then are lost to us now

4)denying jesus as being god does not make one a non-christian...that belief is ludicrous and lacking in evidence

5)the available evidence points to paul not believing/having an idea of a virgin birth..but believing in a literal birth
etc
having all these in mind...
I would love to see those references
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by bfeet(m): 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
frosbel2:

Bible.

Thanks for being honest. Since you got your info from the bible, the logical question is why have you chosen certain passages & rejected some? The same bible tells us that Jesus is the son of God & He is also God. Even the name he was given, Emmanuel means God with us.
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by thorpido(m): 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
Scholar8200:
Very negligible.
Isn't it amazing that those who say they don't believe always have a hangover with it.Thay wake up saying I don't believe and before they sleep Jesus Christ is still on their minds.
Clowns dem.

1 Like

Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by MrMontella(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
jonbellion:
I wonder how people believe that their life is centred around a Jewish deity and his son that is also him
They were created to kiss his ass and kiss his ass they will
lol...
If what's written in the gospels are jesus's own words...i dont think he wanted any of this
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Scholar8200(m): 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
MrMontella:

thats new..
Before you bring biblical verses...i'd like to remind you that there are christians here on this forum who reject paul..eg oraoloye..so you'd have to prove accepting paul's doctrines is what makes one a christian
Second charge falsely pressed! In any case, the 12 that were with Jesus from the beginning of His earthly ministry accepted Paul's ministry. That is enough for me.

2)some books of the bible possibly hadnt been written before the ebionites started existing..
No problem, they are seemingly ascetic gnostics in another shade. Besides, the movement started in the early [u]Christian[/u]era so your position covets historical proof.

3)the bible was not compiled until centuries after their existence..and some ''scriptures'' in existence then are lost to us now
The ones we have suffice. Besides, some 'lost' but founds show errors that is disclaimed on all sides. Since the others are not here, shall we use the ones available to us?

4)denying jesus as being god does not make one a non-christian...that belief is ludicrous and lacking in evidence
Read Matthew 16:17-19 deny His Deity and what you have left is a waste of time.

5)the available evidence points to paul not believing/having an idea of a virgin birth..but believing in a literal birth
etc
Prove it!

having all these in mind...
I would love to see those references
I will come back to your request but we need to clear the above.
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by MrMontella(m): 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
Scholar8200:
Second charge falsely pressed!
sorry!

In any case, the 12 that were with Jesus from the beginning of His earthly ministry accepted Paul's ministry. That is enough for me.
1) so says paul..nothing heard from the apostles themselves..

2)it is recorded that they were at ends on doctrinal views..

No problem, they are seemingly ascetic gnostics in another shade. Besides, the movement started in the early [u]Christian[/u]era so your position covets historical proof
like second peter andtimothy..most scholars accept dates later than the first century

The ones we have suffice. Besides, some 'lost' but founds show errors that is disclaimed on all sides. Since the others are not here, shall we use the ones available to us?
not really fair undecided
but ok

Read Matthew 16:17-19 deny His Deity and what you have left is a waste of time.
there's really nothing tangible there..
David was called a son of God
psalm 2:7 and many others

Prove it!
The apostle Paul says that Jesus "was born of the
seed of David"
(Romans 1:3). Here the word "seed"
is literally in the Greek "sperma." This same Greek
word is translated in other verses as "descendant
(s)" or "offspring."...which means physical descendants...or as paul put it according to the flesh

I will come back to your request but we need to clear the above.
okay..

1 Like

Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 10, 2017
MrMontella:

sorry!

1) so says paul..nothing heard from the apostles themselves..

like second peter andtimothy..most scholars accept dates later than the first century

not really fair undecided
but ok

David was called a son of God

seed of David"
(Romans 1:3). Here the word "seed"
(s)" or "offspring."...which means physical descendants...or as paul put it according to the flesh

okay..

Well done !

They forget that the TRUTH never wins the popularity contest.
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Scholar8200(m): 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2017

Sch:In any case, the 12 that were with Jesus from the beginning of His earthly ministry accepted Paul's ministry. That is enough for me.

Mmt:1) so says paul..nothing heard from the apostles themselves..

read 2 Peter 3:15.

Sch:No problem, they are seemingly ascetic gnostics in another shade. Besides, the movement started in the early [u]Christian[/u]era so your position covets historical proof
Mmt:like second peter andtimothy..most scholars accept dates later than the first century
Not possible. However, my references are from neither.

Sch:Read Matthew 16:17-19 deny His Deity and what you have left is a waste of time.
Mmt:David was called a son of God
David was not the reference there. That was one of many Messianic Psalms,more like prophecies. Another is Psalm 110.

Prove it!
seed of David" (Romans 1:3). Here the word "seed"
The contextual usage there is descendant.
Now consider this:
4 but when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, Galatians 4:4

The emphasis there will not be necessary if Paul did not believe the virgin birth. The speech there reads like one who was versed in the Pentateuch and was well aware of Genesis 3:15 the Seed being one made like the First Adam.
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by MrPresident1: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
frosbel2:
1. God is not a MAN that procreates with mankind
2. To suggest that the Holiest of all Spirits impregnated a woman is laughable if not downright madness.
3. It requires sperm and egg to fertilize into a Zygote and form a human, God does not work against nature
4. The notion that God was born through a woman and knew NOTHING till he came of age is bordering on lunacy
5. God is not a MAN - Numbers 23:19
6. Not one of the disciples mentioned a virgin birth including Paul
7. The prophetical reference in the gospel of Matthew to Isaiah 7:14 about a virgin birth is a forced fabrication
8. The earliest and most original of all gospels which is Mark never mentioned a virgin birth, Matthew and Luke gospels added to and plagiarized from the gospel of Mark
9. The mere thought that Mary was preserved from original sin is silly in itself
10. The virgin birth as mentioned in the bible is only found in Matthew and Luke who funny enough contradict each other.

Joseph is the house of David or Adam
Mary is the Israelites aka the people or Eve
Jesus Christ is the one chosen out of the house of David to rule the Israelites because he was the best omoluabi of them all.

Mary is the virgin who conceived Christ the chief omoluabi by the agency of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit anointed Jesus out of the house of David because he is a complete omoluabi. Jesus is the first begotten son of God because he is the first person to run on the software of God, which is the Word, and the Word makes one a complete omoluabi, without guile without harshness, always kind, obedient, and gentle grin

Joseph or David gave birth to Jesus. David is the everlasting ruler of Israel
Jesus is the son of Mary because Mary is the people.

cheesy wink
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by alchemist13: 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
Was the prophesy in Isaiah 7:14 about the vigin birth?
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by brian2019: 12:55am On Mar 08, 2019
I agree with your conclusions. Its good to know that I am not alone. :-)

I am presently studying this through. I need your help. Can you share your understanding of what actually happened, step by step, especially the meaning of "... put her away privily" (Matt. 1:19).
Re: The Virgin Birth Is A Myth and Fabrication ! by Nobody: 5:10am On Mar 08, 2019
brian2019:
I agree with your conclusions. Its good to know that I am not alone. :-)

I am presently studying this through. I need your help. Can you share your understanding of what actually happened, step by step, especially the meaning of "... put her away privily" (Matt. 1:19).
Well you may not be alone in the physical world, but you are certainly alone in the spiritual world, for even the devils/demons are not even with you for they know the truth.

Luke 8:27-28 (KJV)

27. And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.

28. When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.

(1) (Reply)

HELP !! Theres A FACE In My TV Screen Staring At Me No Matter I Do ! / These 15 Forums Would Help You Keep Up With Other Believers Around The World / I Am Not Jesus Christ, Stop Worshipping Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.