Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations (9826 Views)

Vice Pres. Prof Yemi Osibanjo Makes A Surprise Visit To Fuel Stations In Lagos / Update On Fuel Stations Selling Fuel In Lagos / Court Dismisses Six Count Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu, Orders Re-Arraignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by metronaija: 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
Owners of fuel stations operating in Ekiti state have been issued seven days ultimatum by the state government to re-certify their stations or risk having the premises shut down.

Governor Ayodele Fayose who gave the directive on Tuesday during a meeting with petroleum marketers in the state at the Government House, Ado-Ekiti also disclosed that the owner of Strive Energy fuel station, gutted by fire last Sunday would be sued for criminal negligence.

The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Idowu Adelusi, in a press release, quoted the governor as saying that all filling stations must also be adequately insured.

The meeting followed last Sunday’s fire incident in Ijigbo area of Ado-Ekiti during which many houses and shops were burnt.

While maintaining that any errant filling station would be shut down, the governor said legal action would be taken against owner of the razed fuel station after it was discovered that he only insured his pumps not the whole premises leading to a situation whereby innocent victims of the incident could not benefit from any insurance cover.

Staffers of fuel stations in the state are also to train their workers on safety measures and the training will be conducted ‎by the state’s fire service.

‎according to him,”Government will have to enforce regulations regarding operating business premises. The incident has caused pains on innocent people. We will implement regulations guiding setting up of filling stations.‎ Politics has nothing to do with my actions and steps.‎ We will re-certify sites of fuel stations and fire fighting equipment in such stations.

“Some staff of the station gutted by fire last Sunday did not know how to use fire fighting equipment.

Operators of filling stations who refuse to be part of the re-certification will be sealed and the place acquired for public purposes.‎ No building of new filling stations until further notice and all approvals not yet built before now cancelled,” the governor stated.
He added that henceforth, the Office of the Governor would now approve citing filling stations.

The governor frowned at a situation whereby people engaged in business without complying with regulations and rules guiding such businesses.

The spokesman of the fuel marketers, Alhaji Sulaiman Akinbami, said his members appreciated the governor’s efforts but pleaded with more time for his members to comply with the directives.

A committee, that would conduct the re-certification exercise, is expected to start sitting on Wednesday and has seven working days to complete its assignment.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/01/ekiti-orders-re-certification-of-fuel.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by Riversides2003(m): 8:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
FTC dedicated to Bolyndynasty and Lady F my very good friends.Wish everybody in the house a Happy New Year love u all.
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
Okay we don hear. Let's see of the person below me has something to say
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ok sir
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by omolizzy(f): 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
Oshokomole himself
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by Rapmoney(m): 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by NNVanguard(m): 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
Sourcing for money by any legitimate means

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by poksmahn(m): 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
Looking for ways to milk money from honest business people

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
Mu ra si, Fayose. Ojo esin e ti su. O maa to ro.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
Another way of creating artificial fuel scarcity in Ekiti State is warming up.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by zuby4real10(m): 8:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
Is fayose a DPR. He should better allow the DPR in the state to do their work.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by dapatro: 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
gbege
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by DeltahArmy(m): 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
Steps to follow when Preparing a Yoruba Soup :
1. Boiling 1 liter of water.
2. Add 2 liters of palm oil.
3. Add more oil.
4. Okay, now add pepper.
5. I say Add more pepper.
6. Taste to confirm sufficient oil.
7. Kindly repeat steps 3 & 4 to improve the taste .
8. Add strange leaves.
9. Stir with broom and allow to simmer.
10. Food is ready.
.copied...
Good evening my yoruba friends

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by everyoung12: 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
i hey
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by bettercreature(m): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
aluk:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by tonio2wo: 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
poksmahn:
The ones buhari is milking from you nko?
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by softMarket(m): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ekiti state........land of many laws!!

.........................Esp the one that will affect APC!! grin grin
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by sherif4owo(m): 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
.okay... Next

Good move though
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by poksmahn(m): 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
tonio2wo:

The ones buhari is milking from you nko?
that one too follow.. i'm just tired of all these things.. even my lecturers are milking me too
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
Good idea, especially the bit about insuring fuel stations
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by gen2briz(m): 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
Haaaaaaa.... Fayose You be DPR ni

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by sylviaeo(f): 8:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
No wonder I trekked from odo ado to NNPC filling station at bank road to buy kerosene

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by Richiez(m): 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2017
Nice! especially the insurance.
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by Shegman22(m): 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hmmmmmm, Good move. I remember my final year project topic "ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF SITING FILLING STATION IN RESIDENTIAL AREA"
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by 5starmilitant: 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
If you know Anyone who is selling an aeroplane(second hand) inbox me with details. thanks
Levels don changed, this is 2017. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by tociano009(m): 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
aluk:
o ti ya were
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by 5starmilitant: 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2017
poksmahn:

Is it your money? cheesy cheesy

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by seunlayi(m): 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
Rotentina:
Another way of creating artificial fuel scarcity in Ekiti State is warming up.

poksmahn:

zuby4real10:
Is fayose a DPR. He should better allow the DPR in the state to do their work.
Can't you for onces deactivate your zombie mode and take your time to read what the op posted before displaying your sentimental view?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by ONITIJU1: 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
[quote author=DeltahArmy post=52700733]Steps to follow when Preparing a Yoruba Soup :

MUST U SEGREGATE/TRIBALISE ALL ISSUES?l

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by adrusa: 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
Nonsense talk. Apologies.
Re: Ekiti Orders Re-certification Of Fuel Stations by adavdi: 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Effort To Secure International Loans Hit Deadlock - Daily Trust / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn / Will The Killings Ever Stop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.