Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,474 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions (3772 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra / Lady Converts A Muslim Uber Driver & Leads Him To Christ. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by alBHAGDADI: 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
Thousands of Muslims are turning to Jesus Christ and what they view as the “religion of freedom” amid ongoing bloodshed in the Middle East, reports indicate. Some churches hope that millions of people will accept Christ amid a “spiritual hunger” that is forming in the wake of persecution.

Voice Of the Martyrs Canada, which supports Christian radio broadcasts in the region, told BosNewsLife that despite the mass exodus of Christians from Iraq and Syria due to terrorism, persecution, and war, scores of Muslims are making the decision to embrace Christianity.

“There are thousands upon thousands coming to Christ,” VOMC revealed. “We are in regular contact with our FM stations in Iraq and have talked with many people who have family in the Middle East.”
“Some of our Middle Eastern broadcasters have shared testimonies [about many turning to Christ] with us, which they hear directly from listeners when visiting there …”

In Iran, Christian house churches are regularly targeted and shut down by the nation’s Islamic government. Despite this persecution, mission group Elam Ministries revealed that Christians have been growing in terms of numbers, and today estimates suggest there are 360,000 believers in Iran – up from only 500 in 1979.

“Church leaders believe that millions can be added to the church in the next few years — such is the spiritual hunger that exists and the disillusionment with the Islamic regime,” Elam Ministries stated.
“If we remain faithful to our calling, our conviction is that it is possible to see the nation transformed within our lifetime. Because Iran is a strategic gateway nation, the growing church in Iran will impact Muslim nations across the Islamic world.”
Muslim refugees in Europe have also reportedly been undergoing mass conversions of faith. A June 2016 article from The Guardian noted anecdotal data of rising Christian church attendance in Europe by Muslims.

Trinity church in the Berlin suburb of Steglitz, for instance, saw its congregation rise from 150 to 700 due to new Muslim converts, while the Austrian Catholic Church saw its applications for adult baptism swell by nearly 70 percent in the first three months of 2016.

“I found that the history of Islam was completely different from what we were taught at school. Maybe, I thought, it was a religion that began with violence,” an Iranian convert, 32-year-old Johannes, said.

A religion that began with violence cannot lead people to freedom and love. Jesus Christ said ‘those who use the sword will die by the sword.’ This really changed my mind,” he added.

More churches in Germany reported this growing phenomena in December 2016, with The Independent noting that Muslims, especially Iranians, are seeing Christianity as a new chance at freedom.

“A lot of them come to Germany and think, here I can choose my religion and I want to choose a religion of freedom,” said Matthias Linke, a priest from the Evangelical-Freikirchlichen Gemeinde in Berlin.
“For many Iranians that I’ve baptized, Christianity is the religion of freedom.”

www.christianpost.com/news/scores-of-muslims-turning-to-christ-in-middle-east-churches-expecting-millions-of-converts-172723/

www.shoebat.com/2017/01/09/scores-of-muslims-turning-to-christ-in-middle-east-churches-are-expecting-millions-of-converts/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by alBHAGDADI: 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
plappville annunaki2 friendchoice aminusanti Empiree udatso rilwayne001 frosbel2 malvisguy212 true2god
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by chiefolododo(m): 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
JESUS IS LORD OVER ALL

2 Likes

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by Empiree: 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
Shoebat? shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Seems you dont know shoebat. Could have took your thread seriously but shoebat?....common man.
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by orisa37: 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
Reprisal of The Holy Spirit.
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by DozieInc(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
Okay
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by johnonuh: 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
God is great, this is the greatest news of my life. I love you Lord.

1 Like

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by alBHAGDADI: 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
Empiree:
Shoebat? shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Seems you dont know shoebat. Could have took your thread seriously but shoebat?....common man.
The only reason why you don't trust shoebat is simply because he's an ex Muslim terrorist who converted to Christianity and is constantly exposing Islam as the Antichrist religion that it is.

BTW, he is not the original publisher of the article. I posted the original source, look up. I only posted his site's URL along with it cos he published it too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by agabaI23(m): 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
The harvest is getting ready...
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by Empiree: 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
[s]The only reason why you don't trust shoebat is simply because he's an ex Muslim terrorist who converted to Christianity and is constantly exposing Islam as the Antichrist religion that it is.

BTW, he is not the original publisher of the article. I posted the original source, look up. I only posted his site's URL along with it cos he published it too.[/s]
Sorry, had to cancel you out. Too much of this bs we heard.

Have a good day, buddy.
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by BlackDBagba: 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
I see
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by aminusanti(m): 10:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Thousands of Muslims are turning to Jesus Christ and what they view as the “religion of freedom” amid ongoing bloodshed in the Middle East, reports indicate. Some churches hope that millions of people will accept Christ amid a “spiritual hunger” that is forming in the wake of persecution.

Voice Of the Martyrs Canada, which supports Christian radio broadcasts in the region, told BosNewsLife that despite the mass exodus of Christians from Iraq and Syria due to terrorism, persecution, and war, scores of Muslims are making the decision to embrace Christianity.

“There are thousands upon thousands coming to Christ,” VOMC revealed. “We are in regular contact with our FM stations in Iraq and have talked with many people who have family in the Middle East.”
“Some of our Middle Eastern broadcasters have shared testimonies [about many turning to Christ] with us, which they hear directly from listeners when visiting there …”

In Iran, Christian house churches are regularly targeted and shut down by the nation’s Islamic government. Despite this persecution, mission group Elam Ministries revealed that Christians have been growing in terms of numbers, and today estimates suggest there are 360,000 believers in Iran – up from only 500 in 1979.

“Church leaders believe that millions can be added to the church in the next few years — such is the spiritual hunger that exists and the disillusionment with the Islamic regime,” Elam Ministries stated.
“If we remain faithful to our calling, our conviction is that it is possible to see the nation transformed within our lifetime. Because Iran is a strategic gateway nation, the growing church in Iran will impact Muslim nations across the Islamic world.”
Muslim refugees in Europe have also reportedly been undergoing mass conversions of faith. A June 2016 article from The Guardian noted anecdotal data of rising Christian church attendance in Europe by Muslims.

Trinity church in the Berlin suburb of Steglitz, for instance, saw its congregation rise from 150 to 700 due to new Muslim converts, while the Austrian Catholic Church saw its applications for adult baptism swell by nearly 70 percent in the first three months of 2016.

“I found that the history of Islam was completely different from what we were taught at school. Maybe, I thought, it was a religion that began with violence,” an Iranian convert, 32-year-old Johannes, said.

A religion that began with violence cannot lead people to freedom and love. Jesus Christ said ‘those who use the sword will die by the sword.’ This really changed my mind,” he added.

More churches in Germany reported this growing phenomena in December 2016, with The Independent noting that Muslims, especially Iranians, are seeing Christianity as a new chance at freedom.

“A lot of them come to Germany and think, here I can choose my religion and I want to choose a religion of freedom,” said Matthias Linke, a priest from the Evangelical-Freikirchlichen Gemeinde in Berlin.
“For many Iranians that I’ve baptized, Christianity is the religion of freedom.”

www.christianpost.com/news/scores-of-muslims-turning-to-christ-in-middle-east-churches-expecting-millions-of-converts-172723/

www.shoebat.com/2017/01/09/scores-of-muslims-turning-to-christ-in-middle-east-churches-are-expecting-millions-of-converts/
Even if dis lies happened to be true, is it not a shame on your idol worshiping religion (Christianity) ? Taking advantage of dis hunger beaten people from the war zone that are desperate n weak to convert them to ur man worship by applying dis hypocritical approach. Why is dis conversion not happening under normal circumstances?
Again! Even if the whole iraq and syria or even the whole middle east turn out to accept your 3 Gods worshiping religion the stands of Islam remain the same as the True Religion and the only way to heaven.
Keep deceiving urself

1 Like

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by felixomor: 11:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hallelujah...
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by showeah: 1:11am On Jan 11, 2017
aminusanti:

Even if dis lies happened to be true, is it not a shame on your idol worshiping religion (Christianity) ? Taking advantage of dis hunger beaten people from the war zone that are desperate n weak to convert them to ur man worship by applying dis hypocritical approach. Why is dis conversion not happening under normal circumstances?
Again! Even if the whole iraq and syria or even the whole middle east turn out to accept your 3 Gods worshiping religion the stands of Islam remain the same as the True Religion and the only way to heaven.
Keep deceiving urself

why are the refugees from iraq and syria not running to other muslim countries for refuge , like saudi arabia, iran amd co,
islam means slavery oga open your eyes

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by mrZENographer: 2:30am On Jan 11, 2017
Thank You Jesus.

Sometime days ago I watched how they beheaded our Christian brothers in piles for their faith.

I pray Christians to come to The Lord's CHOSEN. Because they will never be intimidated by such terror even though they have a face to face encounter with such danger. And still doing daily.

IT IS REAL.

1 Like

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by aminusanti(m): 2:59am On Jan 11, 2017
showeah:

why are the refugees from iraq and syria not running to other muslim countries for refuge , like saudi arabia, iran amd co,
islam means slavery oga open your eyes
Ok I will open my eyes but you should open your brain which is more important.
Pls ask the source of your lies whether they ever come across dis below
As for u, u can seat back, relax and remain ignorant for rest of your life, thats ur own cup of shayi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by alBHAGDADI: 6:43am On Jan 11, 2017
aminusanti:

Keep deceiving urself
Nobody is taking advantage of anybody. Christianity has never stylishly or forcefully converted anyone. Unlike Islam who converts people using sword and terrorism, Christianity converts by preaching the gospel of good news. It is that gospel that this muslim migrants hear and find peaceful, hence their easy conversion at their own will. All their life, all they've known us the strictness of Sharia that beheads at the slightest of sin. They remained under Islam that lack forgiveness cos they were trapped in the middle East. Now that they have been given an opportunity outside of that hell hole, they've Now realise how free they can be, a thing they can only achieve by embracing Christ. If they remain in Islam while in Europe, they will still be foolishly restricting themselves with that archaic Sharia law. Mind you, the source above quoted that Muslims are converting in droves in Iran.

Praise YAHWEH.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by alBHAGDADI: 6:51am On Jan 11, 2017
aminusanti:

Ok I will open my eyes but you should open your brain which is more important.
Pls ask the source of your lies whether they ever come across dis below
As for u, u can seat back, relax and remain ignorant for rest of your life, thats ur own cup of shayi.
You haven't answered that guy's question which says "why aren't Islamic nations taking in Syrian and Afghanistan refugees?"

The answer is the reason why those migrants are converting in droves to Christianity. They first wondered why their own Islamic brothers refused to help them but would rather allow them go seek help from the Kafirs whom allah warned them against. Perhaps, they also expected the Kafirs to reject them or suffer them but were astonished at the level of acceptance and love the Kafirs showed them.

That was how they discovered which religion is truly peaceful- Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 11, 2017
Another hypocrisy thread. Hypocrite come to gloat.

1 Like

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by annunaki2(m): 7:19am On Jan 11, 2017
aminusanti:

Keep deceiving urself

Because under normal islamic circumstances, your evil apotasy laws are operational and it inhibits muslims who are tired of the tyranny of Islam from renouncing it.

2 Likes

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by Omudia11: 7:39am On Jan 11, 2017
Olodo, even Saudi without terrorism still had hundreds of thousands of Christians. So what's your point? Did anyone tell you they forcefully converted them? Olodo!

The differen between Christianity and Islam is that you Jesus is alive and Mohammed is dead.
aminusanti:

Keep deceiving urself
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by aminusanti(m): 7:48am On Jan 11, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
You haven't answered that guy's question which says "why aren't Islamic nations taking in Syrian and Afghanistan refugees?"

The answer is the reason why those migrants are converting in droves to Christianity. They first wondered why their own Islamic brothers refused to help them but would rather allow them go seek help from the Kafirs whom allah warned them against. Perhaps, they also expected the Kafirs to reject them or suffer them but were astonished at the level of acceptance and love the Kafirs showed them.

That was how they discovered which religion is truly peaceful- Christianity.

I never expect u to be honest for once knowing exactly what u are up to.
Below was my reply to your fellow kafir friend that u re trying to apply ur deceptive game to show no answer was given to him

Now tell us are these countries kafir countries as well?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by aminusanti(m): 8:00am On Jan 11, 2017
Omudia11:
Olodo, even Saudi without terrorism still had hundreds of thousands of Christians. So what's your point? Did anyone tell you they forcefully converted them? Olodo!

The differen between Christianity and Islam is that you Jesus is alive and Mohammed is dead.
Ok. Next

1 Like

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by aminusanti(m): 8:05am On Jan 11, 2017
annunaki2:

Because under normal islamic circumstances, your evil apotasy laws are operational and it inhibits muslims who are tired of the tyranny of Islam from renouncing it.
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by aminusanti(m): 8:13am On Jan 11, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Nobody is taking advantage of anybody. Christianity has never stylishly or forcefully converted anyone. Unlike Islam who converts people using sword and terrorism, Christianity converts by preaching the gospel of good news. It is that gospel that this muslim migrants hear and find peaceful, hence their easy conversion at their own will. All their life, all they've known us the strictness of Sharia that beheads at the slightest of sin. They remained under Islam that lack forgiveness cos they were trapped in the middle East. Now that they have been given an opportunity outside of that hell hole, they've Now realise how free they can be, a thing they can only achieve by embracing Christ. If they remain in Islam while in Europe, they will still be foolishly restricting themselves with that archaic Sharia law. Mind you, the source above quoted that Muslims are converting in droves in Iran.

Praise YAHWEH.

Ok

2 Likes

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by twozero(m): 8:17am On Jan 11, 2017
aminusanti:

Ok
lol
Stop wasting your time on these hypocrites bro

1 Like

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by masseratti: 8:43am On Jan 11, 2017
aminusanti:

Keep deceiving urself
you Muslims always get it wrong, just like you have various sects in Islam, Christians have theirs too, not all Christians believes in trinity, a good number believe Jesus Is not God, we have only one God, but he is son of God, you too can be daughter of God if you can be righteous, i can be son of God if I am righteous,if we are servants of God will God prepare all the goody goody in heaven for a servant? or his own children? Will you prepare all the nice things in paradise for your servants or your children? Muslim says God was not born so He can't give birth so to say, but You guys forgot that he created US and adopt us, made us in his image, if you are righteous he adopts you as his own.
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by aminusanti(m): 9:53am On Jan 11, 2017
masseratti:
you Muslims always get it wrong, just like you have various sects in Islam, Christians have theirs too, not all Christians believes in trinity, a good number believe Jesus Is not God, we have only one God, but he is son of God, you too can be daughter of God if you can be righteous, i can be son of God if I am righteous,if we are servants of God will God prepare all the goody goody in heaven for a servant? or his own children? Will you prepare all the nice things in paradise for your servants or your children? Muslim says God was not born so He can't give birth so to say, but You guys forgot that he created US and adopt us, made us in his image, if you are righteous he adopts you as his own.
Mr masseratti who is talking about ur trinity concept here pls?? Create a thread on that if u want hav a better understanding on why u guys r considered as idol worshipers. wink
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by babseg(m): 10:28am On Jan 11, 2017
aminusanti:

Mr masseratti who is talking about ur trinity concept here pls?? Create a thread on that if u want hav a better understanding on why u guys r considered as idol worshipers. wink

Islam came into existence after 600 years of having Christians. Islam copied virtually everything from the old and new testament.

if Christianity doesn't exist Islam wont.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by masseratti: 10:29am On Jan 11, 2017
aminusanti:

lol, take a chill pill, i only answered the part of you talking about trinity, in your post I quoted, just to clarify the erroneous mindset most Muslims have on trinity,
IDOL worship? very funny if the cross is an idol, then the stone in kaaba u bow towards is what? that's the real Idol, Idols do not necessarily come in form of man or animals, it could be any object,
A good part of Christians don't even use the cross image with the white man, Pentecostal church don't, they don't even regard any object but Muslims bow to an object in Mecca, a stone, that's Idol message my dear.

On the topic, let everyone be free to choose his or her own religion without fear of being killed.
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by felixomor: 10:34am On Jan 11, 2017
babseg:

Islam came into existence after 600 years of having Christians. Islam copied virtually everything from the old and new testament.

if Christianity doesn't exist Islam wont.

Abeg Tell am!
Re: Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions by MrMontella(m): 10:52am On Jan 11, 2017
Omudia11:

i will not lie...both are dead

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Church Is Dead / I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion / Who Created Water?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.