Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

How Do I Skip NYSC? - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Do I Skip NYSC? (30551 Views)

Graduates Who Skip NYSC Can Contest Governorship Elections" - Court Declares / 2019 Batch B: What To Do If You Skip Stream 1 To Join Stream 2 / I'm 29 And I Have A European Club Offer, Can I Skip NYSC And Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by kuchikau: 3:10pm On May 16, 2017
I don't want to waste that one year serving any country.

Let's say I'm leaving country sha.

How do I get my certificate, please?
u ve already served. Why being stupid?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by kuchikau: 3:27pm On May 16, 2017
slinkman:
you have to be really convincing, no Nigerian will turn away money, your presence there isn't really doing anything for them there..
bro, pls i have a challenge. Am currently serving (stream 1) but i got to go 4 my msc abroad by august. My Li cant do a tin about it because clearance is done by biometric. Wat ur advice?
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by kuchikau: 3:28pm On May 16, 2017
holysainbj:

You know u could have still made sense without calling anyone names? must u call people goat cuz they have an idea different from yours? that's by d way....
Sire, its an excuse for going AWOL, time wasted can never be recovered, can u even listen to yourself?? ok lemme leave u with this question, would u willingly have an extra year in school and feel ok about it?
slinkman:
you have to be really convincing, no Nigerian will turn away money, your presence there isn't really doing anything for them there..
bro, pls i have a challenge. Am currently serving (stream 1) but i got to go 4 my msc abroad by august. My Li cant do a tin about it because clearance is done by biometric. Wat ur advice?
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by kuchikau: 3:56pm On May 16, 2017
richie9093:

Afternoon, bruh, pls can you put me through on how you did it with this whole biometric brouhaha? I've sent you a pm already.

I'm furthering my education this year and I can't allow NYSC hold me back otherwise I'll lose the admission.

slinkman:
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by holysainbj(m): 7:03pm On May 16, 2017
kuchikau:
there is no stream 1 currently serving...
unless u made a mistake
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by ElDadd: 7:19pm On May 16, 2017
holysainbj:

unless u made a mistake
Batch B naw
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by YOLO1(m): 7:21am On May 17, 2017
kuchikau:
Where you serving?
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by kuchikau1: 11:35pm On May 22, 2017
holysainbj:

unless u made a mistake
batch b stream 1. Pop... October. Wats ur advice.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by kuchikau1: 11:36pm On May 22, 2017
YOLO1:
Where you serving?
kano
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by omosefeeguaibor(f): 10:39pm On May 23, 2017
And here I am thinking I was the only one not interested in this so called nysc scheme, it's like a huge cup I want to pass me over, because of a truth, I am yet to see the usefulness of this scheme. Total waste of precious one year

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by laudate: 11:58pm On May 24, 2017
omosefeeguaibor:
And here I am thinking I was the only one not interested in this so called nysc scheme, it's like a huge cup I want to pass me over, because of a truth, I am yet to see the usefulness of this scheme. Total waste of precious one year

Free your mind. The NYSC year is a time to expand your horizon, learn new skills, improve the lives of those in your area of primary assignment and network, in order to get better opportunities after the service year. I know a lady who spent her spare time during her service year, taking IT certification exams, and also volunteered for an NGO that was conducting free online classes for those in her area. The contacts she made during that programme, launched her into a successful career with a multinational firm.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Ayoola03(f): 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2017
same story here @kuchikau1

kuchikau:
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Ayoola03(f): 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
@holysainbj kindly share with us how to go about it please we are many on this thread that need the info. waiting for your prompt response, thanks

holysainbj:

morning man, yes i did see a way through it.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Joeyburton: 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2017
Please o. Anyone who figured out a way around this let me know. Holysainbj, anyone else, share with us. Not a lot of time left.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Partnerbiz3: 5:46am On Oct 30, 2017
Milichoco:
I will not reply you further before you talk me to death.

This exemption letter is for everyone provided you give a tangible excuse!

Reasons many people still go for nysc is because they enjoy the stipend they're been given or haven't found a job yet.

Thanks and Goodbye!

PS: My bro graduated from unical with firstclass and read Medicine. He's also very young!

He took an exemption letter, why? He was given scholarship to further his education in UK.

You have to be intelligent to lie successfully.
One he can't get exemption by giving tangible reason as you said.
Again, you said he made a first class from medicine?
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by iamstarlett: 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
My case is kinda different.
I mean is it possible to still receive your degree certificate after four years without going for NYSC cause I want to take on another course and I'll go for the NYSC in this new course.

So will the University issue your degree to you without you going for NYSC?
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Skmoda360(m): 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

You have to be intelligent to lie successfully. One he can't get exemption by giving tangible reason as you said. Again, you said he made a first class from medicine?
my bro i'm also thinking in your direction.....first class in MBBS hmmmmm!!!
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Angelacruz: 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2021
Did u pay for it ?
slinkman:
ignore the deluded fellow.. just be a ghost corper , at least that's what I did...
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Johans(m): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
slinkman:
ignore the deluded fellow.. just be a ghost corper , at least that's what I did...

I know this post is from 2017. Here I am in 2021 trying to avoid NYSC. I must add that I'm gainfully employed. Please how can this 26 year old become a ghost corper?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC Gives Conditions For Payment Of Allowances / Bride Plays Brigade Drum With Her CDS Colleagues On Her Wedding (video) / Youth Corpers Clear Dump Site To The Surprise Of Oby Ezekwesili‏

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.