Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

How Do I Skip NYSC? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Do I Skip NYSC? (30597 Views)

Graduates Who Skip NYSC Can Contest Governorship Elections" - Court Declares / 2019 Batch B: What To Do If You Skip Stream 1 To Join Stream 2 / I'm 29 And I Have A European Club Offer, Can I Skip NYSC And Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by fanex: 9:09am On Jan 12, 2017
the contacts you make during your NYSC is on a different level more likely one you require for your professional life.

big businesses run on relationship and interests. your school contact are unlikely to cut it.

torres89:

rubbish

wat did u spend the four or five years in school doing

selling groundnuts
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by holar2ge(m): 9:09am On Jan 12, 2017
alamscolo:
Seriously, if I can see a way of skipping this shit and acquiring my cert, I will be glad also.
Imagine, graduated since 2015 and still hooked up in the shit of stream 2

But bros why u con tay 4 house like that? Wetin happen gangan

1 Like

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by akinjuly77(m): 9:33am On Jan 12, 2017
Instead of trying to get an NYSC Certificate , try and get other Professional Certificate related to your Career .

Personally i dont have any intrest in NYSC Certificate ,so i will collect a exemption Letter for it .
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by muller102(m): 9:38am On Jan 12, 2017
Skip it. Yet u need the certificate. Op u are a criminal
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by tochivitus(m): 9:39am On Jan 12, 2017
ayusco85:

Are u OK? Which school gives discharge letter? Or do u mean exemption letter for those above 30?

I should be asking u that same question if your okay. nysc ain't gonna give u exemption letter without authority from the school.
ask if u don't know
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Ugosample(m): 9:40am On Jan 12, 2017
Afam4eva:
I've forwarded this thread to the EFCC.
But why na
You no get joy o Afam grin
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by tochivitus(m): 9:41am On Jan 12, 2017
ayusco85:

Are u OK? Which school gives discharge letter? Or do u mean exemption letter for those above 30?

I don't skip protocols, please read my original post and don't mis quote Me Mr
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Damoxy(m): 9:43am On Jan 12, 2017
Yungwizzzy:
I don't want to waste that one year serving any country.

Let's say I'm leaving country sha.

How do I get my certificate, please?
we gada dey dt one year is a total waste

1 Like

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by tochivitus(m): 9:44am On Jan 12, 2017
ayusco85:

I don't skip protocols, its is when school gives you the dischagre letter statin reasons why u woudnt be serving before u will be considered for exemption from service and issue you the certificat please read my original post and don't mis quote Me Mr
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by mrjojo: 9:48am On Jan 12, 2017
All you lazy a.ss saying NYSC is pointless, please speak for yourself abeg. To me it not, I finished service last year November and I decided to stay back, with NYSC I was able to think and plan my life, I met my business partner,made friends and was able to learn some skills.. If these are NOT enough reasons to serve I dunno what is.
Most of y'all r always in a hurry, and willing to boycott laid down process and same set of people will be the first to shout to high heavens about corruption. Yeah, NYSC might have deviated from it main purpose, but having a year to stand on your own , think and plan your life without pressure is sure worth it, IMO though.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by elchymo: 9:50am On Jan 12, 2017
Solution lies with ur LGI. (local government inspector). Attend camp first,(A MUST). then proceed to the local government u were posted to. Arrange with LGI, he/she gets to keep all ur monthly allowances and secure ur certificate while u pursue ur masters program.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Teekim: 9:55am On Jan 12, 2017
What if the employer does not support ghosting, can the L.I still save ones neck for the complete one year of service?
Pls I need prompt reply from anyone who an idea. Thanks
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by jidexpet(m): 9:56am On Jan 12, 2017
NYSC is time wasting
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by ayusco85(m): 9:56am On Jan 12, 2017
holysainbj:

Correct man...Thanks for d info

U welcome
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Thessysol(m): 9:57am On Jan 12, 2017
Yungwizzzy:

Don't graduate until you are older than 30years. Try to Skip semesters or Sessions until you achieve your dream. It's that simple.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by hisMrs(f): 9:59am On Jan 12, 2017
Yungwizzzy:

lets even assume that it is masters you are going abroad for, hope u dont intend coming back to Nigeria to come and use that degree to work because all your certificates will not be honored in Nigeria till you acquire that of NYSC. you can always defile service for a while but what you dont seem to understand is that the scheme will wait for u o. you know once you are 30 you cannot serve, but this is actually how it works. once you graduate, your school automatically sends all your details to NYSC for mobilization and that detail includes your date of birth. lets now assume you graduate at age 27 you na defiled the system and you are ready to serve after 5 years of graduation by then you will be 32, you will still serve o because it is the age at which you graduated NYSC will honor and not the age u are when you are mobilized. i know the scheme can be very frustrating and seems like a complete waste of time but serve while u are young. although there are people who can automatically defile service for a year, people like medicine and law graduates because of their internship and law school stuff, then people who already clocked 30 before graduating will be excepted. while NYSC is still wasting time will stream 2 mobilization you can get yourself busy, learn a skill. just serve and enjoy the services biko.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by ayusco85(m): 10:00am On Jan 12, 2017
tochivitus:

I should be asking u that same question if your okay. nysc ain't gonna give u exemption letter without authority from the school.
ask if u don't know

The only reason u get exemption is if u are above 30.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by ikemesit4477: 10:02am On Jan 12, 2017
Yungwizzzy:

[url][/url]the best thing for you to finish your 3 weeks orientation camp, get posted to a certain PPA from there you being to reason things with your LGI , pray it work out cos there are some though LGI, but some do work out!
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by jayAjoku(m): 10:12am On Jan 12, 2017
Jammiiee:
No! angryThat is corruption angry not in my countryyyy angry
lol like you haven't been involved in it before grin grin lie say you never do one or twos before
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by dee02(m): 10:41am On Jan 12, 2017
elchymo:
Solution lies with ur LGI. (local government inspector). Attend camp first,(A MUST). then proceed to the local government u were posted to. Arrange with LGI, he/she gets to keep all ur monthly allowances and secure ur certificate while u pursue ur masters program.

The same LGI rep will come and testify against him in the future if he gets a political or Government appointment that requires NYSC screening...

You people should think outside of the box.... NYSC is not by force, it depends on the career path or whether you wish to serve your fatherland in the future!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by showafrica(m): 11:01am On Jan 12, 2017
Enyimbamercedes:
Get enough carryovers to ensure that you graduate at the age of 30...then you'll be exempted from the scheme..
OK seriously now..you only need NYSC of you decided you want to work in certain organization's or government. If however, you decide you want to be an entrepreneur then you actually do not need the certificate. Truthfully, the certificate adds no value to graduates, it is a complete waste of 1 year and a huge drain on resources.

is exemption the same as the certificate?
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by showafrica(m): 11:03am On Jan 12, 2017
Milichoco:

You need to goto your school you graduated from and get an Exemption Letter from them.

This Exemption Letter means you went to university but you don't want to goto service.

Reasons might be you're not strong enough , Health Problems etc.

Note: You'll pay a small token in other to collect it.

The Exemption Letter will be handed to you whenever your batch is returning.

The Exemption Letter is still the same with the one those that went to NYSC were given, but the only difference is : There is a column where they'll write : You were Exempted etc.

If what you wrote is acurate...thank God. You mean there will be no discrimination what so ever?
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 12, 2017
lol u'll still come back and do it unless u have ur own thriving business and wont need to submit cv to any soul
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2017
Milichoco:

You need to goto your school you graduated from and get an Exemption Letter from them.

This Exemption Letter means you went to university but you don't want to goto service.

Reasons might be you're not strong enough , Health Problems etc.

Note: You'll pay a small token in other to collect it.

The Exemption Letter will be handed to you whenever your batch is returning.

The Exemption Letter is still the same with the one those that went to NYSC were given, but the only difference is : There is a column where they'll write : You were Exempted etc.
isnt excemption letter for those who are above age limit for NYSC and those within limits of special health challenges? it will be best if u accompany ur assertions with evidence
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by mfm04622: 11:36am On Jan 12, 2017
holysainbj:

Sir, I love ur approach to the matter, ok, so we can contribute to the nation right? I totally agree with you, but in the Nigerian case where you see what thieving politicians keep doing in Abuja, and youths are sent to develop the country according to you, ah! sir, personally I've had enough of it. I wonder why Nigerian youths are so gullible, yes! we are way too gullible, we should be revolting by now and not sitting Ahome or going for some NYSC scheme created to foster the idea of a failed "One Nigeria"

Am I longer a youth. As a citizen, you do your duty to your country. You don't copy those you know are not patriotic. Will you jump from a skyscraper because others are?
Also, if you attended a public school at any level, Nigeria has already invested in you and th NYSC is part payment of that investment. If you attended private school throughout, see the NYSC as a means to ground you. To introduce you to what your fellow citizens go through and to contribute your quota in bettering their lives

1 Like

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by indutaurus: 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
From the help of leo privacy I can hide personal photos and videos.i give it 500000000stars if it is possible....Thanks for my friend tolding that this one is used to locking videos.This app is the best. I suggest u to download this app.https:///leoforum1
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2017
Yungwizzzy:

Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by dokiOloye(m): 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
holysainbj:

Get sense or at least borrow one
You are probably one of those kids that still fantasize about NYSC not knowing its truly one year wasted if not two years with the incessant delays now, ur type will probably wear ur NYSC khaki and cap to bath. If anyone has relevant info on it pls do well to share.
Let's skip the part of being hypocritical, most graduates who have served would attest to the fact that NYSC is one year wasted.
Gather a lot of money,then fasten your mobilisation.
When U get to camp,do d registration which usually ends by d 1st few days after reporting to camp.
Then find a pliant NYSC official in d camp who you will bribe generously, he will be covering for U in roll calls,etc.
When orientation ends and U are posted to a PPA,U can arrange wt Ur LI,he/she will be happy to share Ur allawi or U forfeit d whole of it sef,he will gladly cover up for U for d remaining 11 months.
As per discharge certificate, d same LI can arrange for it to be collected for U or I know ppl even collect for others.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by slinkman(m): 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
Jammiiee:
Chai! shocked shocked My country ooooo. This is pathetic angry angry
screw off
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Milichoco(f): 1:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
showafrica:

If what you wrote is acurate...thank God. You mean there will be no discrimination what so ever?
No .. thats what my mum did back in those days.
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Milichoco(f): 1:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
prettyboi1989:

isnt excemption letter for those who are above age limit for NYSC and those within limits of special health challenges? it will be best if u accompany ur assertions with evidence
The letter is for everyone ..
Re: How Do I Skip NYSC? by Ossaifamous(m): 1:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
cant wait 4 mine 2 end

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC Gives Conditions For Payment Of Allowances / Bride Plays Brigade Drum With Her CDS Colleagues On Her Wedding (video) / Youth Corpers Clear Dump Site To The Surprise Of Oby Ezekwesili‏

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.