Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

External Reserve Increases - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / External Reserve Increases (8876 Views)

Nigeria’s External Reserve Hits $46bn – CBN / Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months / Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: External Reserve Increases by NNVanguard(m): 7:30am On Jan 11, 2017
If only the presidency can sustain peace in the Niger Delta without pride of military arsenal, we will be on a faster pace out of our economic recession.

But will the SHERIFF mentality give way to tact and diplomacy?
Time will tell
Re: External Reserve Increases by curvilicious: 7:31am On Jan 11, 2017
This govt should leave unnecessary things and face things that will make the everyday life of a Nigerian easy. Will foreign reserve reduce d price of rice, veg oil, garri etc?
This govt too like the praises of men from Buhari to Buratai

1 Like

Re: External Reserve Increases by WINNERMENTALITY: 7:44am On Jan 11, 2017
sarrki:
You won't see them coming near this thread
Oga shattap.. U are behaving like demented ediot on this forum.....

If External reserves are this high... Why the Constant increment on dollar price and Need for borrowing if we are this optimistic.

Its just like saying I have 5 million but can't afford to buy a charger of 1500 naira

1 Like

Re: External Reserve Increases by LasoulMacuby(m): 7:45am On Jan 11, 2017
curvilicious:

Did u say 98% of northerners? Plz do a sample check cos I'll bet only 2% of north is with Buhari and d 2% are d dullards he put in power
Let's make a bet then. #100,000 each, We walk down the street of a core northern state, we talk to both youth and the elders. We ask them of they want Buhari to remain, if even 50% says Yes! You win. Do lemme know when and where, am game. Time to make money
Re: External Reserve Increases by Sibrah: 7:46am On Jan 11, 2017
onnenka:
So why is the naira value not increasing and which project is being sped up?
it affects Naira val much slower but does. All on going projects.
Re: External Reserve Increases by eph12(m): 8:00am On Jan 11, 2017
Standing5:
At $70pb plus of oil price it was decreasing some 2-3 years ago. Sai bubuuuuuu
Probably it was because the country was defending the naira a lot. Now that all that has stopped it's expected to experience increase.
Re: External Reserve Increases by Standing5(m): 8:03am On Jan 11, 2017
eph12:

Probably it was because the country was defending the naira a lot. Now that all that has stopped it's expected to experience increase.
Who told you defending of Naira has stopped or reduced drastically? Please expartiate on it, possibly with external links.
Re: External Reserve Increases by eph12(m): 8:05am On Jan 11, 2017
Standing5:
Who told you defending of Naira has stopped? Please expartiate on it, possibly with external links.
Sorry hasn't stopped totally but has been reduced significantly.
Re: External Reserve Increases by Standing5(m): 8:06am On Jan 11, 2017
eph12:

Sorry hasn't stopped totally but has been reduced significantly.
how significantly has it reduced?
Re: External Reserve Increases by eph12(m): 8:08am On Jan 11, 2017
Standing5:
how significantly has it reduced?
How many goods have been listed as luxury goods compared to before?
Re: External Reserve Increases by ceejay80s(m): 8:10am On Jan 11, 2017
Atiku2019:
smiley Nice One My President.

But Atiku2019

Why atiku? Why not a new person, keep recycling old bafoons that has destroyed or almost nigeria , we need somebody that doesn't need nigerian money, people like adenuga or dangote
Re: External Reserve Increases by emmygzy(m): 8:12am On Jan 11, 2017
blackpanda:
[[s]quote author=ThinkSmarter post=52707632]I am playing my own role, even in d absence of any support from the govt.
He hv the resources at his disposal and the wherewithal to implement his campaign promises...Shikina [/s]

Just talking trash. Beta go learn work and stop lazying about!
All these Buhari e-cow, how as those figure translates to the betterment of average masses, the last time I checked kerosene is now 400 and gas is now 5k for 12.5kg. No increment in minimum wage and Nigerians can barely feed themselves. Nonsense party with foolish supporters.

1 Like

Re: External Reserve Increases by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 11, 2017
emmygzy:
All these Buhari e-cow, how as those figure translates to the betterment of average masses, the last time I checked kerosene is now 400 and gas is now 5k for 12.5kg. No increment in minimum wage and Nigerians can barely feed themselves. Nonsense party with foolish supporters.

Well, the reason why prices are going up in fuel and gas is because we no longer have the dollars to subsidize fuel and gas.

Yes, prices did not go up during GEJ's time....because oil was above $100, meaning we had the kudi to keep fuel prices low, and defend the naira adequately. Now oil is hovering around $50. A year ago it was $28. A year ago we also had to remove subsidy, so prices went up.And we had to restrict dollar outflows...or else naira would have reached $1 to N1500 by now.

If you want to enjoy ''good life''.....pray for oil to go back to $100 and above.

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve Increases by HtwoOw: 8:18am On Jan 11, 2017
No they won't

If Atiku crooner posted this news without sentiments, they should be mature enough to applaud Buhari , but instead , they prefer threads about recession , australian website that still has former administration, Saraki's comments on NEPA failure , basically any thread that allows them to abuse and insult Buhari

Just yesterday , i learnt from a mention that most of them always insulting Buhari actually registered for NPower and while some have been paid , others haven't they did not tell anyone they registered , you wouldn't have known they did

Yyeye pipu upandan
sarrki:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: External Reserve Increases by CXLVII: 8:32am On Jan 11, 2017
onnenka:
Absolute rubbish.
Buhari has not completed a single project in 3 years, you are talking about foreign reserves.

Sigh......!

You re dull!
Re: External Reserve Increases by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 11, 2017
onnenka:
Absolute rubbish.
Buhari has not completed a single project in 3 years, you are talking about foreign reserves.
in three years shocked
Why do u choose to be blind even when u have eyes
5k to 1million Nigerians
Buhari has made Nigerians look inwards by, rice production e.t.c
Npower program e.t.c
Re: External Reserve Increases by ayobamiakinrind(m): 10:06am On Jan 11, 2017
michaelandre:
in three years shocked
5k to 1million Nigerians
Npower program e.t.c

And these are projects laudable enough to be quoted in almost 2 years? I pity your mum.
What is the real value of that #5k? Is it up to #2500 in the year 2014?
Re: External Reserve Increases by almarthins(m): 10:20am On Jan 11, 2017
kingwax7007:
After a fall, we can only begin to rise.

Wailers, pls don't rise with us, you go remain down...

Evrytime we take one step before you know it we are 2 steps back
Re: External Reserve Increases by Ugosample(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
What Nigerians Need to see z tangible infrastructures, improved standard of living, decrease in inflation, reduction of unemployment rate and not all these figure analysis that hv no significant in the lives of the citizenry.
They say we re the biggest economy in Africa, but the number of people below poverty level re alarming and need to be addressed.
The government should address the high birth rate, especially in the North, bc it poses a serious challenge to the country in the nearest future.
And we, the youth need to start thinking of Self Empowerment because from the look of things now, itz obvious that there re few office vacancies to accommodate[employ] people.
When I was @nysc orientation camp, I said to myself, "Is this for real" in Every year, there re two batches of NYSC in every state with some coming in streams, and a figure ranging from 2000 to 5000 yearly per state, the question nw z this: Hw many state can employ even up to 1/4 of the total no of corp members that served in their state?, Hw many will FG employ?, In few years to come BSc will be like O' level in Nigeria, we need to wake up and do something tangible for our self, the government z confused, When I saw what NYSC were doing in the name of Skill Acquisition And Entrepreneurship Development [SAED], I asked myself, Can you acquire a skill that will sustain u for life in 4days of 1~2hrs, per day under the State of dizziness as a result of camp parades, I read the handwriting on the wall, they were simply giving us the picture of the future, yeah some will get white collar job in the nearest future but many will not.
We need to engage ourselves 1st and still hope.
Good luck to all the hustlers out there.
May God bless ur hustle to the extent that u will snub govt job.

You get sense

1 Like

Re: External Reserve Increases by frank202012: 10:33am On Jan 11, 2017
sarrki:

We didn't see you on that kerosene thread?
Nd I ask "how much is kreo in ur area"?
Re: External Reserve Increases by resultcase(m): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2017
onnenka:
Absolute rubbish.

Why are u so daft?? When did Buhari spend 3 years in power?
Re: External Reserve Increases by ocelot2006(m): 10:46am On Jan 11, 2017
Sibrah:
You mean empty uni like those 12 built by that hero? We don't need quantity but quality.

Empty uni? Care to back up your claim with proof?
Re: External Reserve Increases by Standing5(m): 10:54am On Jan 11, 2017
eph12:

How many goods have been listed as luxury goods compared to before?
If you don't have fact silence is a good option.
Re: External Reserve Increases by neyobills: 11:09am On Jan 11, 2017
9jakohai:

Well, the reason why prices are going up in fuel and gas is because we no longer have the dollars to subsidize fuel and gas.

Yes, prices did not go up during GEJ's time....because oil was above $100, meaning we had the kudi to keep fuel prices low, and defend the naira adequately. Now oil is hovering around $50. A year ago it was $28. A year ago we also had to remove subsidy, so prices went up.And we had to restrict dollar outflows...or else naira would have reached $1 to N1500 by now.

If you want to enjoy ''good life''.....pray for oil to go back to $100 and above.

Did u just hear yourself,oil was above $100 you were buying fuel at 85naira now that oil is selling for $50 you are okay with buying at 150 naira,that's rationally dumb,going by your logic we should be buying fuel for half the price of what we used to,should I have to pray for the price of oil before I enjoy good life when I'm paying my taxes as at when due minus series of needless imposed tarrif hikes,stop coming up with ridiculous junk just to defend your paymaster.

1 Like

Re: External Reserve Increases by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2017
neyobills:

Did u just hear yourself,oil was above $100 you were buying fuel at 85naira now that oil is selling for $50 you are okay with buying at 150 naira,that's rationally dumb,going by your logic we should be buying fuel for half the price of what we used to,should I have to pray for the price of oil before I enjoy good life when I'm paying my taxes as at when due minus series of needless imposed tarrif hikes,stop coming up with ridiculous junk just to defend your paymaster.

1.Keep in mind that Nigeria uses revenue from oil money to subsidze the PMS we sell at the pump.

2.Once oil prices fell....we ran out of money to do that effectively.

3.Even when oil prcies were high, GEJ wanted to remove oil subsidy so that we could free up more money for other things. Nigerians said no. GEJ agreed....because back then we had the money.

Then oil prices dropped....PMB wanted to keep subsidy....but falling revenues forced his hand.

4.Our refineries produce 20million liters of PMS daily. Our daily need of PMS is 50-70MILLION liters.(increases also due to the fact that PMS is used not just for cars....generators too). We do not have enough to meet local need....UNLESS we build refineries. Did I mention that we also have to pay for the oil we import ......with forex...which has become scarce.(Nigerians should have let subsidy go in 2012).

5.I have no paymaster, nor am I excusing anyone.If you want to disbeleive that, fine. But....if you want cheap fuel.....ya got to have the cash to subsidize it. And falling oil prices make that impossible. That is why oil has to go back to $100...even $130....before we can even think about cutting PMS price....AND EVEN THEN....we would still be wasting millions of dollars on imports.

My case I rest.

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve Increases by eph12(m): 11:35am On Jan 11, 2017
Standing5:
If you don't have fact silence is a good option.
You need facts go to Google.
Re: External Reserve Increases by eph12(m): 11:42am On Jan 11, 2017
Sibrah:
You mean empty uni like those 12 built by that hero? We don't need quantity but quality.
Why are they empty? Northners don't want to go to school? I blame GEJ for not having the foresight to see that education has no meaning to the north.

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve Increases by idupaul: 11:43am On Jan 11, 2017
onnenka:
Absolute rubbish.

He didnt execute a single capital project as military head of state sef
Re: External Reserve Increases by Standing5(m): 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
Post to google also and stop spamming Nairaland . . .
eph12:

You need facts go to Google.
Re: External Reserve Increases by ocelot2006(m): 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
michaelandre:
in three years shocked
5k to 1million Nigerians
Npower program e.t.c

N5k to 1 million Nigerians is now an achievement Chai......chai!! See celebration of poverty.
Re: External Reserve Increases by APCmyheart(m): 2:53pm On Jan 11, 2017
onnenka:
Absolute rubbish.

3years? Did you just wake up from comma? This is 2017 and we have not even spend up to 2yrs in power..
Re: External Reserve Increases by APCmyheart(m): 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
Knowledge9000:
DECEIVING GULLIBLE NIGERIANS. IS THIS INCREASE COMMENSURATE WITH THE INCREASE IN OIL PRICE? I COULD UNDERSTAND LITTLE INCREASES IF OIL WAS AT $29 A BARREL LIKE OVER A YEAR AGO BUT IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OIL PRICE HAS STABILIZED AT OVER $50, WHICH IS THE NATURAL PRICE OF OIL THAT'S WHY MOST OIL COMPANIES AND COUNTRIES ARE NO LONGER COMPLAINING. THE QUESTION NOW BECOMES, ARE THESE TINY INCREASES REFLECTIVE OF OIL PRICE AT OVER $50? THE ANSWER IS NO. GO AND LOOK AT GEJ INCREASES IN EXTERNAL RESERVE WHEN OIL FELL TO $50 RANGE, AND COMPARE IT TO BUHARI'S, DESPITE GEJ EMBARKING ON A LOT OF CAPITAL PROJECTS ACROSS THE COUNTRY AT THE TIME.

What is this one saying? When crude oil price fall to $70 per barrel your GEJ have started borrowing to pay salaries..

Please can you try to show us where GEJ increase external reserver?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Truth About The New Curiculum / Aisha Yesufu Blasts The Buhari Regime Over Security (video) / Parents Of Afaka Students To El-Rufai: Negotiate With Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.