Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Now This Is What I Call Bullshit! (video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Now This Is What I Call Bullshit! (video) (466 Views)

What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman / Bullshit Of Dream Interpretation. Nature Of Dreams. / God Doesn't Exist And The Bible Is A Load Of Bullshit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now This Is What I Call Bullshit! (video) by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 11, 2017
This video is very interesting and entertaining. Atheists, theists, deists, creationists, evolutionists, buddhists.... Every body with a functional mind and generally those who love good clips should spare some time to see it.

Just the perfect thing you need to start the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

Watch it, but I won't be held responsible if you pop a rib. Hahaha.
Re: Now This Is What I Call Bullshit! (video) by Pastafarian: 9:16am On Jan 11, 2017
One of the biggest problems with religion and why it poisons everything is their holy books. When they are taken as inerrant and literally true terrible things can be done in the name of their God who actual does these things (genocide, racism, slavery, etc.) and endorses and recommends its followers to do so as well, to appease their God and to achieve, heaven or paradise.

Luckily, liberal Christians now see the bible as allegory, man made and not to be taken literally as they did hundreds of years ago when they used the bible to start crusades, burn witches and all those other unchristian like things Yahweh did. As a result, Christianity is much less violent than in the past. Unfortunately today, we have too many fundamentalists still using their holy book to rationalize their atrocities, with too many Muslims still taking the Koran literally as well as a minority of Christians.

The problem is the sacred books.
As David E. Comings summarizes in his book Did Man Create God? "Man's persistent yearning for transcendent spirituality indicates that for the human species religion and a belief in God will never die. Rather than relying on atheism or the elimination of faith to solve the problem of religious wars and terrorism, retaining faith and religion but eliminating the illusion that the sacred texts are literally true is far more likely to attain this goal and far more likely to prevent new outbursts of jihads, crusades and inquisitions."

So, we need to keep hammering away at the Bible and Koran and exposing them for what they are, man made, myths and legend. Scholars are doing a great job with the Bible as we speak...the Koran? Well maybe in another 500 years we will be where Christianity is but hopefully sooner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now This Is What I Call Bullshit! (video) by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 11, 2017
Pastafarian:
One of the biggest problems with religion and why it poisons everything is their holy books. When they are taken as inerrant and literally true terrible things can be done in the name of their God who actual does these things (genocide, racism, slavery, etc.) and endorses and recommends its followers to do so as well, to appease their God and to achieve, heaven or paradise.

Luckily, liberal Christians now see the bible as allegory, man made and not to be taken literally as they did hundreds of years ago when they used the bible to start crusades, burn witches and all those other unchristian like things Yahweh did. As a result, Christianity is much less violent than in the past. Unfortunately today, we have too many fundamentalists still using their holy book to rationalize their atrocities, with too many Muslims still taking the Koran literally as well as a minority of Christians.

The problem is the sacred books.
As David E. Comings summarizes in his book Did Man Create God? "Man's persistent yearning for transcendent spirituality indicates that for the human species religion and a belief in God will never die. Rather than relying on atheism or the elimination of faith to solve the problem of religious wars and terrorism, retaining faith and religion but eliminating the illusion that the sacred texts are literally true is far more likely to attain this goal and far more likely to prevent new outbursts of jihads, crusades and inquisitions."

So, we need to keep hammering away at the Bible and Koran and exposing them for what they are, man made, myths and legend. Scholars are doing a great job with the Bible as we speak...the Koran? Well maybe in another 500 years we will be where Christianity is but hopefully sooner.

Well said.

If the bible should be taken allegorically, and all/or parts of it is interpreted not in a literal sense but figuratively, then it will render its purpose, along with the concept of heaven & hell useless. That's the sad fact apologists can't come to terms with. The very idea that life ends at death is terrifying to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now This Is What I Call Bullshit! (video) by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 11, 2017
Here's another example of real _bullshit you might also wanna see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg7O0GzrHmA
Re: Now This Is What I Call Bullshit! (video) by Pastafarian: 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
NinjaX:

Well said.

If the bible should be taken allegorically, and all/or parts of it is interpreted not in a literal sense but figuratively, then it will render its purpose, along with the concept of heaven & hell useless. That's the sad fact apologists can't come to terms with. The very idea that life ends at death is terrifying to them.

Endorsed!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Making Of A Christian / See What A Pastor Was Caught Advertising About His Church / 48 Year Old Man Punches A Catholic Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.