Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity (1417 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! / The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity / The 'Word Of Faith' Movement And 'Prosperity Gospel' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity by uchkochi(m): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2009
THE THIN LINE BETWEEN ADVERSITY AND PROSPERITY

There is a thin line between adversity and prosperity. The distance is not long, that thin line is just a door. A door separating the prosperous world from the poverty world. Adversity and prosperity are close neighbors. That is why whenever you see the rich you equally see the poor. Wherever you see the sick you equally see the healthy.

In fact Jesus said in Matthew 26 vs.11, that we will always have the poor with us. So it is not new to see right in the same compound, a very rich man and a very poor man. Some are driving while others are trekking.

I shall be looking at that thin line as I proceed, if you know how to get to where you desire to be, it would not take you long. You don’t need to travel millions of miles to be rich just know how to shut the door against poverty and lack. It’s like a double edged sword. If you are not suffering you will be enjoying. If you are not enjoying you will be suffering. There is no center stage; it’s difficult and dangerous to remain on the fence.

So I like you to be very sensitive and open hearted as I take you through this journey that can change your life forever.

The thin line between adversity and prosperity is mentality. Mentality is the core of your placement in life. You don’t need money to be rich, just have the rich mentality. Collecting money to be rich does not make you rich, it only makes you poorer. I have heard over and again my father in the lord, Bishop David Oyedepo say that the money others give you cannot make you rich. You need this mindset. Mental empowerment is the beginning of financial empowerment.

A robber will keep stealing even though He just stole a million naira. His mind is degraded. I believe practically that the richest person is the man that has the richest mind. Why was Solomon the richest or rather the wealthiest? It was simply because He was the wisest. The mind is the seat of wisdom. So I can very well say that Solomon’s mind set was the reason for His wealth

You are long over due for a change, stop waiting for God to change things, start changing your mindset about things. God is waiting for you to change your mind.

FOR AS A MAN THINKETH IN HIS HEART SO IS HE, PROVERBS 23 VS 7

HOW THEN CAN YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND TO FIT IN FOR THE PURPOSE AND PLAN OF GOD

There are three ways to change your mind, or align it to fit the purpose of God for your life so that your miracle can be born. Miracles are worked out; you don’t wish for miracle, you work out your miracle.

The three ways to empower your mind is to READ, READ AND READ.

Show me a committed reader then I will show you a not too soon leader. No success can be born without mental exertion. THINKING IS LIVING.

This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth; but thou shall meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shall make your way prosperous and then thou shall have good success. JOSHUA 1 VS 8

The word meditation is equally related to thinking, prayer does not give solution, it only enforces solution.

If everyone will think before praying as a result of the thoughts or meditation, then everyone will begin to command unquestionable answers. But to get your mind to think is to read. You only think on what you have read that could be expanded in your mind. I see solutions jumping your way in the name of Jesus.

The only exercise for the mind is thinking and reading, so if you want this year to end better than it started you have to think, you are what you think. Proverbs 23 vs. 7. So if you think nothing you will become nothing.

God cannot even bless you beyond the capacity of your mind. The bible carries the solutions to all problems, so if you must think, think on the word of God. Thinking on the problem does not proffer the solution. It is thinking on the bank of solutions which is the word of God that causes dramatic changes.

And be not conformed to this word but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God. Romans 12 vs. 2

Quickly before I wrap this message up and pray for you. There are few things you must think on.

Philippians 4 vs. 8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just ,whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise , think on these things.

To check your thought line so as to determine your miracle, if there is any thought going on in your mind now, you must check if it is TRUE, HONEST, JUST, PURE, LOVELY, OF GOOD REPORT, CONTAINS VIRTUE AND CAN COMMAND PRAISE.

Honestly if you think on these things your life can never remain the same.

I pray for you this hour, the grace you require to think your way out of every challenge is released upon you in the name of Jesus. What cannot give glory to God from today will not be found in your life in Jesus precious name Amen.

We are glad to let you know that we have inaugurated the mobile
ministry arm of OMEGA GOSPEL NETWORK. And shall also be preaching the
gospel through phones via the medium of text messages and calls as the
case may be so if you want to be getting mobile messages you can send
your request with your phone number to
mobilemessage@omegacyberministry.org

In case you are reading this mail and you have not accepted Jesus
Christ as your personal lord and savior, please say this prayer with
Me. To Him that is joined to the living there is hope. Say this prayer
to be joined to the living God.

Lord Jesus I know that you died for me and on the third day you rose
again, I accept you and I confess that you are lord please come into
my life, and cleanse me from every sin. thank you Jesus for saving me.
Brothers and sisters you are free rejoice and start going to a bible
believing church.

Important information, PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL PRAYER REQUESTS,
TESTIMONIES AND COUNSELING MAILS SHOULD BE SENT TO
pastoruche@omegacyberministry.org

Please also forward this mail to all your friends as it will be a
blessing to their lives. And you could change someone's life for Good.

We have been rolling out messages since 2004, you can request for
messages on any subject of interest and you will get it immediately by
sending the subject to pastoruche@omegacyberministry.org

1. TURNING OBSTACLES TO MIRACLES.
2. IN JUST ONE NIGHT
3. IT IS JUST ABOUT YOUR TURN FOR A TURN AROUND
4. DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR BREAKING POINT IS YOUR BREAK THROUGH POINT.
5. THE FOUNDATION FOR TRUE RICHES
6. LOVE CONQUERS ALL
7. BREAKING DOWN THE BARRIERS TO YOUR FINANCIAL HARVEST
8. EVERY THING SMALL BECOMES GREAT THROUGH THANKSGIVING.
9. MARRIAGE PRINCIPLES
10. HOW TO STOP SEX AND ENJOY YOUR RELATIONSHIP TILL MARRIAGE
11.THE POWER OF THE MIND
12. MARRIAGE WITHOUT STRESS IS A POSSIBILITY
13. The God of overnight interventions
14. OVERCOMING FORNICATION AND SAVING YOUR RELATIONSHIP
15. MARCHING FORWARD
16.OCTOBER in prophecy(what God is saying to you in this month of OCTOBER
17. That mistake shall be converted to a miracle
18. God is still in the business of giving life partners, He will
give you yours
19. You shall be exempted, lifted up and celebrated
20. OVERCOMING UNSPEAKABLE CHALLENGES
21. THE POTENCY OF THE HOLY GHOST
22. HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE AS IF PROBLEMS DOES NOT EXIST
23. DEALING WITH ALCOHOLISM
24 SOMETHING GREAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO YOU
25.THE THREE KINDS OF DESTINY
26.THE 24 HOUR MIRACLE-WORKING GOD
27. TAKING IT BACK BY FORCE THROUGH HOPE
28. CREATING A NEW BEGINNING.
29.LIFE IN THE MIDST OF DEATH
30.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,ITS TIME TO ENGAGE YOUR ANGELS
31.CARRIERS OF BLESSINGS
32. THE HOUR OF RESTORATION.
33. THE THIN LINE BETWEEN ADVERSITY AND PROSPERITY

THESE and many more are available just send your request to
pastoruche@omegacyberministry.org or And you will get it immediately.

If this ministry has been a blessing to your life in one way or the
other and you feel led to be a partner please indicate your interest
by sending us a mail to partnership@omegacyberministry.org or
and you shall be told how. We preach the
gospel online 24 hrs every day, winning souls and changing lives for
Jesus. Be blessed.

We like to wish those who are celebrating their birthdays and marriage
anniversaries this week a happy birthday and marriage anniversary

Notice; Endeavor to check your mail next week for our latest message.
See you next week.

Do not forget to send your testimonies to the under listed Email address.
pastoruche@omegacyberministry.org or
testimonies@omegacyberministry.org do not rob God of testimonies as
you do so, you perfect what God has started. See you at the top.

OMEGA CYBER MINISTRIES,
a division of OMEGA GOSPEL NETWORK. INT
UCHE OKOCHI
+2348052773865
+2348034868232

Re: The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity by BADLEE: 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2009
Pastor Uche what about offering and tithes, where do i send mine to ?
Re: The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2009
@poster

why dont you biblically justify why your father in the lord should collect 10% of poor people's earning every month in the name of tithes and goes ahead to extravagantly waste it on sheer absurdities like private jets.What on earth is he doing with 2 private jets when thousands of his terribly hypnotised and brainwashed congregations are hungry?
Re: The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity by KunleOshob(m): 9:24am On Nov 25, 2009
Prosperity gospel is the latest weapon being used by agents of the devil to deceived christians and lead them away from the true gospel of christ.
@poster by confessing that your father in the lord is a man who has now been confirmed to be using occultic powers you have inadverherently destroyed any iota of credibility you had as a christian.
Re: The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity by Nellychari: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2009
The thin line between Adversity and Prosperity is the "MINDSET" of an Individual. Adversity is not of God.The Bible says that many are the AFFLICTION of the righteous but God delivered them. Prosperity is of God. Zec 1:17, says that for the kingdom of God to expand here on earth, prosperity is needed. Prosperity is embedded in salvation. So if your not prosperous, it means that you have not taken full advantage of your salvation. Salvation both in Greek and Hebrew translation means prosperity. Jesus took our place of poverty and adversity for us to take his place of prosperity and peace. Please, embrace the prosperity gospel because it is from God. Come to think of it,Gospel means good news not bad news. Adverse situation is a bad news not the Gospel. But prosperity is the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. I thank you.
Re: The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity by KunleOshob(m): 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2009
Nellychari:

The thin line between Adversity and Prosperity is the "MINDSET" of an Individual. Adversity is not of God.The Bible says that many are the AFFLICTION of the righteous but God delivered them. Prosperity is of God. Zec 1:17, says that for the kingdom of God to expand here on earth, prosperity is needed. Prosperity is embedded in salvation. So if your not prosperous, it means that you have not taken full advantage of your salvation. Salvation both in Greek and Hebrew translation means prosperity. Jesus took our place of poverty and adversity for us to take his place of prosperity and peace. Please, embrace the prosperity gospel because it is from God. Come to think of it,Gospel means good news not bad news. Adverse situation is a bad news not the Gospel. But prosperity is the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. I thank you.

You must be on very cheap drugs to equate the biblical concept of salvation to the hertical mordern day prosperity gospel being preached by satanic properity gospel pimps.
Re: The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity by Nellychari: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2009
@kunleoshob.

Pls, can u explain to me the Biblical concepts of Salvation and the concepts of the modern prosperity Gospel?
Poverty and Adversity are not part of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Pls, Go and read your Bible very well. Stop talking on what you dont' know. I just perceived that you are not a christian. Reason, your are abusive in your reply. Get Born again. Thank u.
Re: The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity by KunleOshob(m): 10:03am On Nov 27, 2009
Nellychari:

@kunleoshob.

Pls, can u explain to me the Biblical concepts of Salvation and the concepts of the modern prosperity Gospel?
Poverty and Adversity are not part of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Pls, Go and read your Bible very well. Stop talking on what you dont' know. I just perceived that you are not a christian. Reason, your are abusive in your reply. Get Born again. Thank u.
There is no where in all the teachings of Jesus or the apostles that material prosperity was promised to believers. Preachers today twist the gospel to arrive at prosperity teachings which people want to here, but that is not what the gospel is about. That is not to say that believers cannot be rich, they can but beings properous in material terms is NOT what the gospels are about and i beieve it is a heinous crime against christians to deceive them or mis-lead them into believing so. The gravity of it is that a lot of people are loosing their salvation becos false teachings inspired by the devil himself. As per being abusive, i have no apologies Jesus was also abusive and violent when traders at the temple in Jerusalem wanted to turn the temple to a "den of robbers" i believe prosperity gospel is destroying true christianity and turning it to a religion of robbers.
Re: The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity by KunleOshob(m): 10:22am On Nov 27, 2009
@Nellychari
The article below would give you a better idea what the true gospel of christ was about.

What is the True Gospel?
What was Jesus Christ's message? He preached "the gospel of the kingdom of God" (Matthew 4:23; 9:35; Mark 1:14-15). The Old English word gospel, or "good spell," means "good news." The good news was the centerpiece of His message. He defined His mission with these words: "I must preach the kingdom of God . . . because for this purpose I have been sent" (Luke 4:43).

What did He command His disciples to teach? "He sent them to preach the kingdom of God . . ." (Luke 9:2, 6).

What is that message about, and why is it such good news?

When Jesus Christ taught about the Kingdom of God (Luke 8:1; 9:11; 12:31; 13:18), He was simply continuing the messages of the Hebrew prophets whose words are recorded in the Old Testament. Centuries earlier God had inspired such faithful men as Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel and Zechariah to look beyond the difficulties and destruction of the kingdoms of Israel and Judah to a magnificent future when God would establish His world-ruling kingdom on earth under the reign of the Messiah.

Notice some of their prophecies describing this wonderful occurrence:

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them" (Isaiah 11:6). "They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. And in that day there shall be a Root of Jesse [the promised Messiah, Jesus], who shall stand as a banner to the people; for the Gentiles shall seek Him, and His resting place shall be glorious" (verses 9-10).

"I was watching in the night visions, and behold, One like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom the one which shall not be destroyed" (Daniel 7:13-14).

"Then the Lord will go forth . . . And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, from east to west, making a very large valley . . . Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You . . . And the Lord shall be King over all the earth" (Zechariah 14:3-5, 9).

Jesus Christ and His apostles spoke of this same world-ruling government, which He called "the Kingdom of God." In Luke 21, after describing a series of trends and events unparalleled in history, He concluded: "Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near . . . When you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near" (verses 28-31).

The ancient prophets, Jesus and His apostles all spoke of a literal kingdom that will supersede the world's governments. When these prophecies become a reality, a triumphant cry will ring out: "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!" (Revelation 11:15).

Sadly, this message is seldom understood and rarely taught in churches. Many have accepted "a different gospel" (Galatians 1:6) that distorts and obscures this vital biblical truth. You will read in the next chapter how this "other gospel" (verses 8-9), as Paul labels it, evolved and spread throughout the world.

However, you can discover for yourself the full meaning of the gospel—the incredible good news—that Jesus Christ and the apostles preached. This same gospel is faithfully preached by the United Church of God (Matthew 24:14). For a full explanation of the true gospel, be sure to request your free copy of The Gospel of the Kingdom.

Source: http://www.gnmagazine.org/booklets/CJ/truegospel.htm
Re: The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity by KunleOshob(m): 10:24am On Nov 27, 2009
This article would be also very helpful

The Good News of the Kingdom of God
"Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel'" (Mark 1:14, 15).
The theme of Jesus Christ's message was the good news of the Kingdom of God. This is made clear by Matthew, Mark and Luke. Luke records Christ in His own words describing His purpose: "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent" (Luke 4:43).

Mark relates that, at the beginning of His ministry, "Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God" (Mark 1:14).

Matthew tells us, ". . . Jesus began to preach and to say, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand' . . . And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom . . ." (Matthew 4:17, 23).

Luke 8:1 confirms that Jesus Christ did exactly what He said He would: "Now it came to pass, afterward, that He went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings [the gospel, or good news] of the kingdom of God . . ."This message of the Kingdom was the heart and core of Christ's teaching from the very beginning. Together, the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John use the term "kingdom of God" in 53 verses. The gospel Jesus Christ brought is clearly about this Kingdom.

Others told to spread this message
What about His disciples? What did He command them to preach? "Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick" (Luke 9:1, 2).

Later He instructed others to proclaim this same message. "After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go." He instructed the seventy to proclaim, "The kingdom of God has come near to you" (Luke 10:1, 9).

The Kingdom of God was clearly the theme of Christ's ministry. In the Sermon on the Mount, one of the most familiar examples of His message, He pointed His followers toward the Kingdom. He began His message with, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven , Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:3, 10).

Christ told His followers of the importance of obedience to God's law in entering this Kingdom: "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:19, 20).

He also warned that we must be submissive to God's will to enter the Kingdom: "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven" (Matthew 7:21).

He taught His followers to pray "Your kingdom come" (Matthew 6:10). And notice this! He commanded them to "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness" (Matthew 6:33). Seeking to enter the Kingdom of God should be our top priority.

Time and time again He used parables to illustrate aspects of the Kingdom (Matthew 13, 20, 22, 25; Luke 13, 19). In some of His last words before His crucifixion, He remarked to His disciples that He would not partake of the Passover symbols until He would once again do so "with you in My Father's kingdom" (Matthew 26:29).

Over a 40-day period immediately after His death and resurrection, Jesus Christ was seen by His followers. Notice that even then He continued "speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God" (Acts 1:3).

What message did Christ's followers preach?
Jesus Christ was not the only one to proclaim this message. Before Jesus began His ministry, John the Baptist commanded people to repent, announcing that "the kingdom of heaven is at hand!" (Matthew 3:2).

As we have seen, Jesus' ministry centered on the Kingdom. In keeping with Christ's direction, His disciples continued to proclaim the Kingdom after His crucifixion.

The importance of Jesus Christ's life, sacrifice and resurrection was a vital part of the message taught by the apostles. The apostle Peter made this clear in his first public preaching on the very day the Church began with the miraculous outpouring of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:22-24, 36).

Peter also spoke of the broader concepts of the Kingdom of God in his ministry. In 2 Peter 1:10, 11 we read, "Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

Notice, too, that people requested baptism as a result of Philip's message about the Kingdom. "But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized" (Acts 8:12).

Paul proclaimed the Kingdom
What about the apostle Paul? The book of Acts records that early in his ministry, as he raised up congregations in various cities, he "strengthen[ed] the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, 'We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God'" (Acts 14:22). Later, in Ephesus, "he went into the synagogue and spoke boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading concerning the things of the kingdom of God" (Acts 19:cool.

Paul described his own preaching in Corinth as relating to "the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 4:20). He referred to himself and his companions as "fellow workers for the kingdom of God" (Colossians 4:11).When under house arrest in Rome near the end of his ministry, Paul received a number of visitors, "to whom he explained and solemnly testified of the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets, from morning till evening" (Acts 28:23). Notice that Paul used the Old Testament scriptures—"the Law of Moses and the Prophets"-to preach about both the Kingdom of God and Jesus Christ.

Paul is misrepresented as preaching a gospel about only the life, death and resurrection of Christ. The reality, however, is that Paul preached a message about both Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God. The last verse of the book of Acts describes Paul "preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ . . ." (Acts 28:31).

Those who followed in Jesus Christ's footsteps taught the same message He taught. The book of Acts and the apostles' letters to the early church make it clear that they taught about the Kingdom of God.

The gospel before Jesus Christ
Some have assumed the gospel was first introduced by Jesus Christ in His earthly ministry. The gospel, however, is much older than that. It is called "the everlasting gospel" (Revelation 14:6).

The last four verses of Hebrews 3 speak of ancient Israel's unbelief and the sad fate of those who died in the wilderness, not entering the promised land. Hebrews 4:2 continues the story: "For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them . . ." Israel had heard the gospel but failed to respond because of lack of faith.

Hundreds of years before that, the patriarch Abraham also heard the gospel (Galatians 3:cool. Both of these passages confirm that the gospel was being proclaimed before Christ's ministry on earth.

In describing how, at His return, He will reward those who have been faithful to His way of life, Jesus Christ revealed that the Kingdom of God has been prepared for us far longer than we can imagine. "Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (Matthew 25:34).

This good news about the glorious future of humanity has been God's plan from the very beginning! Christ's part in that plan, including His sacrifice to pay the penalty for the sins of humanity, was also established from the very beginning (Revelation 13:8; 1 Peter 1:18-20). This was the good news given to Abraham—that through his descendant, Jesus Christ, all nations would be blessed (Galatians 3:8, 16).

Few understood before Jesus Christ
The Kingdom of God was proclaimed by God's servants before Jesus Christ's ministry on earth. King David, in some of his psalms, looked prophetically to God's Kingdom. As he wrote in Psalm 145:10-13: "All Your works shall praise You, O LORD, and Your saints shall bless You. They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom, and talk of Your power, to make known to the sons of men His mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of His kingdom. Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and Your dominion endures throughout all generations."

The prophet Daniel also knew of the coming Kingdom of God. He, too, was inspired to write of the future reality of the Kingdom: "Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be handed over to the saints, the people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him" (Daniel 7:27, New International Version).

However, even though the gospel originated at the foundation of the world and was proclaimed through the ages, few understood it until Jesus Christ and the apostles declared it to the world.

But why? Ancient Israel, as noted earlier, lacked the belief and faith to understand and act on it (Hebrews 3:19; 4:2). In addition, the Old Testament scriptures did not connect all the pieces of the puzzle. They provided tantalizing glimpses of the Kingdom, but greater understanding had to wait until the coming of Jesus Christ, the revealer of "the mysteries of the kingdom" (Matthew 13:11).

When Jesus Christ came preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God, He built on the foundation already planned by God the Father from the beginning and revealed by the earlier prophets. As the messenger of the Kingdom, He revealed vital truths that were not understood from the Old Testament prophecies.

One of the great misunderstandings about the Kingdom, not made clear until revealed by Jesus Christ, was that thousands of years would separate His first coming as the sacrificial Lamb of God (John 1:29) from His return as the conquering King of the Kingdom (Revelation 19:11-16). His first coming fulfilled a vital part of the gospel of the Kingdom—His sacrifice to make possible our forgiveness, justification and ultimate entry into the Kingdom. His second coming will bring the establishment of that incredible Kingdom.The Bible proclaims a consistent message from beginning to end concerning the Kingdom of God, a message delivered throughout the ages by God's servants. But, paradoxically, the part of the revelation about the Kingdom of God that was most fully and clearly described in prophecy after prophecy in the Old Testament—a literal kingdom ruled over by a prophesied Messiah—seems to be the least understood aspect of the gospel today.

Many believe that the fantastic truth that followers of Jesus Christ will enjoy eternal life in an eternal Kingdom renders any need of a literal earthly reign over physical human beings totally unnecessary.

But what does the Bible say? Let's put aside all preconceived ideas and believe the plain teachings of God's Word.

Source: http://www.gnmagazine.org/booklets/GK/good-news-kingdom-of-god.asp

(1) (Reply)

Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) / Walk In Gods Perfect Will / Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.