Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! (20228 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Day Of Adversity: What Happens When Yours Comes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by Joagbaje(m): 6:34am On Dec 24, 2010
Proverbs 24:10
If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small

Christianity is a bed of roses, with tests, trials and challenging times in our journey of faith. Such challenging times are what the Bible refers to as “the evil day” (Ephesians 6:13), or “the day of adversity” as read in our opening verse. Some believers dread such periods and specifically pray to God never to allow them go through trials and challenges. To avoid situations that challenge your faith is to checkmate your chances of promotion.

James 1:2
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations.”

Why would God admonish you to rejoice when tests and challenges come at you on all sides? It’s because He knows that victory is in your spirit. Having been born again, you’ve become an overcomer and more than a conqueror. Consequently, no situation that you face should overwhelm you.

God knows what stuff your made of, that’s why He said:

“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

You have what it takes to overcome any trial, temptation or adversity. So you must not cower, give in or faint under any pressure whatsoever. Be tough. Jesus was tough. He withstood and triumphed over all the contrary winds that came His way (Hebrews 12:2).

There’re things that make you tough as a Christian, and if you don’t welcome them, you’d remain at the same level of faith and maturity. Therefore, your adversaries are important in the toughening process, so never pray against them, no matter what troubles, problems and difficulties they bring your way. Welcome the as necessary challenges to strengthen your faith-muscles and you’ll discover they’re the agents for your promotion.

Do you remember Joseph, and how he managed the adversities that came his way? He overcame all the troubles he faced after his brothers sold him into slavery, and rose to become the Prime minister of Egypt. He would later tell his brothers in Genesis 45:5:
“…be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.”

I have known only one journey in life: upward and forward. I don’t have ups and downs. That doesn’t mean challenges don’t come, but I always win. So welcome challenges; welcome troubles, because they’re the contrary winds that help to drive your roots deeper. And the more the wind blows against you the higher you’ll fly. Hallelujah!

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Ephesians 6:10-13
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by newmi(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2010
Joagbaje:

Proverbs 24:10
If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small

Christianity is a bed of roses, with tests, trials and challenging times in our journey of faith. Such challenging times are what the Bible refers to as “the evil day” (Ephesians 6:13), or “the day of adversity” as read in our opening verse. Some believers dread such periods and specifically pray to God never to allow them go through trials and challenges. To avoid situations that challenge your faith is to checkmate your chances of promotion.

James 1:2
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations.”

Why would God admonish you to rejoice when tests and challenges come at you on all sides? It’s because He knows that victory is in your spirit. Having been born again, you’ve become an overcomer and more than a conqueror. Consequently, no situation that you face should overwhelm you.

God knows what stuff your made of, that’s why He said:

“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

You have what it takes to overcome any trial, temptation or adversity. So you must not cower, give in or faint under any pressure whatsoever. Be tough. Jesus was tough. He withstood and triumphed over all the contrary winds that came His way (Hebrews 12:2).

There’re things that make you tough as a Christian, and if you don’t welcome them, you’d remain at the same level of faith and maturity. Therefore, your adversaries are important in the toughening process, so never pray against them, no matter what troubles, problems and difficulties they bring your way. Welcome the as necessary challenges to strengthen your faith-muscles and you’ll discover they’re the agents for your promotion.

Do you remember Joseph, and how he managed the adversities that came his way? He overcame all the troubles he faced after his brothers sold him into slavery, and rose to become the Prime minister of Egypt. He would later tell his brothers in Genesis 45:5:
“…be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.”

I have known only one journey in life: upward and forward. I don’t have ups and downs. That doesn’t mean challenges don’t come, but I always win. So welcome challenges; welcome troubles, because they’re the contrary winds that help to drive your roots deeper. And the more the wind blows against you the higher you’ll fly. Hallelujah!

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Ephesians 6:10-13
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Your openning scripture begins by say "if you, " That means should you fall in the day of adversity the good part is that is simply just revealed that your strength was little more or less like looking at the positive because the bible says that all things work together for good to them that love God and to then that are called according to His purpose so what do you do, simply go and invest in getting more strength.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by Zikkyy(m): 8:37am On Dec 24, 2010
Joagbaje:

I have known only one journey in life: upward and forward. I don’t have ups and downs.

Lucky chap.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by nuclearboy(m): 10:16am On Dec 24, 2010
Zikkyy:

Lucky chap.

@Zikky:

You're kidding, right?

Look at -->
Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, David, Elijah, John the Baptist, Christ Himself, the 12 Disciple Apostles, Paul - show me one who had [size=13pt]no downs[/size].
Plus, "Whom the Lord loves, He [size=13pt]reproves[/size]".
Plus "God refines His Own in the [size=13pt]furnace of Affliction[/size]"

Lets look however at Lazarus's Rich man - no downs, only upwards and forwards
Lets look at Herod - for his selfish purposes, wipe out children. And no downs, just up and fore
Lets look at Babylon the Queen -- "As a queen, I sit and shall know no evil"
Lets look at the Emperor Caligula - enjoyment personified

An unwitting confession, if you ask me.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by Azibalua(f): 11:07am On Dec 24, 2010
@NUCLEARBOY
read the thread dude before talking
challenges are not called "ups and downs" rather they are the yeast factors in the toughening proess necesary for good christian growth and promotion
lol
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by KunleOshob(m): 11:14am On Dec 24, 2010
^^^
Joagbaje using one of his numeous aliases again. Deception is truely a culture in CE.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by mabell: 11:24am On Dec 24, 2010
@Nuclearboy
we live an upward and forward life only
Challenges come and we entertain them cos they are our stepping stones
When a man gets born again, it does not mean challenges will not come but they only come to take us higher.
Pastor chris did not just jump one day to become what he is today, he went through a process too.
When challenges come, what do they make of you? do they leave you dry and worn out or they leave you a better person

2[i] When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
(Isaiah 43:2 (NKJV)
[/i]

How you see a cup half filled with water
Do you see it half full or half empty
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by mabell: 11:27am On Dec 24, 2010
@KunleOshobi,
don't derail from this thread
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by KunleOshob(m): 11:35am On Dec 24, 2010
^^^
Pele iyawo pasito
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by Joagbaje(m): 11:40am On Dec 24, 2010
mabell:

@KunleOshobi,
don't derail from this thread

Is it "DONT DERAIL FROM THIS THREAD" or DONT DERAIL THE THREAD. He is derailed from the thread but he should not derail the thread grin.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by mabell: 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
KunleOshob:

^^^
Pele iyawo pasito
Baba Kunle Oshobi,
I did not fall neither am i injured
Has lectures ended for the year?
Exams nko
I can imagine the extra cash that came in
Xmas will be jolly jolly for you
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by KunleOshob(m): 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
Yes oh! Christmas go jolly jolly well well, the good lord has been blessing me bigtime despite not falling for the tithe and seed sowing scams your pastors preach as precondition to receive God's blessings!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by mabell: 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2010
KunleOshob:

Yes oh! Christmas go jolly jolly well well, the good lord has been blessing me bigtime despite not falling for the tithe and seed sowing scams your pastors preach as precondition to receive God's blessings!

You blow an unnecessary trumpet
Don't run out of air before you stop o!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by nuclearboy(m): 3:24pm On Dec 24, 2010
All of you including your marketing manager have stated on NL that your pastor is misunderstood, humble etc. Jo went further to say he presents us excerpts from the speeches pastor made so we might see the depth, power and understanding inherent in the teaching. He thus challenged us to consider and see if we would not be impressed. Some have been quite nice.

But, the original post above is vapid & boastful and I am not impressed. Matter of fact, nobody on this thread who is not a member of CE seems impressed.

I deliberately listed the "giants" in God's Word. They ALL faced ups and downs. ALL OF THEM. Interestingly, their ups were heavenly whist their downs were earthly. From Abraham who willingly denied rights to his wife to Moses who with all his service and obvious greatness had issues to the Lord Himself to the fore-runners of todays Gospel. Paul (whom you scream owns this Covenant) wondered what his gain was to be with all the suffering, trials and tribulations here if his hope in eternity was ill advised. That he said, because eternity is the Christians' "UP". Life here in effect, was as it were, a total down for him. Thats was Paul - the only one you people seem to respect saying "MY HOPE IS HEAVEN BASED AS I AM NOT OKAY HERE ON EARTH". But you could disprove me and show Paul's rewards on earth the way you people usually explain rewards - cash, dominion, power, maybe even jeri curls and the best suits.

So when you come at me saying your life is upwards/forwards only, seems you too went like Jesus into the wilderness. But when deal time came, you took the kingdoms of this world from the guy who waits when you come down the mountain.

Thats why boasting of capabilities is not good - it puts you under scrunity aside of being something God hates.

So all of you could clap for yourselves and do the solidarity thing concerning this poison - it impresses nobody else apparently. So please register a few more IDs and let the single and under 10 post people come in to scream how "enlightened" they were. No one is fooled.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by lysaa(f): 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2010
nuclearboy:

All of you including your marketing manager have stated on NL that your pastor is misunderstood, humble etc. Jo went further to say he presents us excerpts from the speeches pastor made so we might see the depth, power and understanding inherent in the teaching. He thus challenged us to consider and see if we would not be impressed. Some have been quite nice.

But, the original post above is vapid & boastful and I am not impressed. Matter of fact, nobody on this thread who is not a member of CE seems impressed.

I deliberately listed the "giants" in God's Word. They ALL faced ups and downs. ALL OF THEM. Interestingly, their ups were heavenly whist their downs were earthly. From Abraham who willingly denied rights to his wife to Moses who with all his service and obvious greatness had issues to the Lord Himself to the fore-runners of todays Gospel. Paul (whom you scream owns this Covenant) wondered what his gain was to be with all the suffering, trials and tribulations here if his hope in eternity was ill advised. That he said, because eternity is the Christians' "UP". Life here in effect, was as it were, a total down for him. Thats was Paul - the only one you people seem to respect saying "MY HOPE IS HEAVEN BASED AS I AM NOT OKAY HERE ON EARTH". But you could disprove me and show Paul's rewards on earth the way you people usually explain rewards - cash, dominion, power, maybe even jeri curls and the best suits.

So when you come at me saying your life is upwards/forwards only, seems you too went like Jesus into the wilderness. But when deal time came, you took the kingdoms of this world from the guy who waits when you come down the mountain.

Thats why boasting of capabilities is not good - it puts you under scrunity aside of being something God hates.

So all of you could clap for yourselves and do the solidarity thing concerning this poison - it impresses nobody else apparently. So please register a few more IDs and let the single and under 10 post people come in to scream how "enlightened" they were. No one is fooled.
Paul said 'I boast in the Lord' he also said 'I thank my God that I speak in tongues more than ye all'
Paul would have been cartooned if he were Pastor Chris. . Everytime, Pastor Chris this, Pastor Chris that.
If y'all want to be judgemental, y not study b4 coming up with cheap talks?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by nuclearboy(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2010
^^ Yep, talk is cheap but FRUITS are real.

So what are the fruits -
Paul BOASTED IN THE LORD. He was and remains a giant cutting across denominations, cults, sects, whatever. He has been quoted by Jim Jones, the Man responsible for Waco, billions of honest and dishonest people. The mark he has made is felt everyday but when you take his words, you see support for the absolute majesty of the Lord God. So yes, he did have the right to boast. And when he spoke in tongues, people heard in their own languages what he said. We see his fruit everywhere today.

Paul is not remembered for doing the "barabarracudafishstewriceandbeansisverysweet yemamama" rubbish that is meant to solicit excitement without the backing of the Spirit of God. He never asked for a "prophetic" gift nor did he accept "offer 7" that worsened the lot of the poor and swelled the purse of the rich. Can you show one person who stole to bless Paul? When someone kept back what initially belonged to him, the power of God in Peter showed just how much trust/power was invested in him.

But we have this gangster like, cultism like motley collection of the most depraved people in society. Driving past a noisy record store weeks back, one "Saint Janet" singing some of the most explicit lyrics I've heard since the days of the "2 live crew", discussed the fruits she saw of three churches. Even with my aversion to CE theology, I was ashamed to hear such. Yet the refrain remains "we are becoming bigger", "growing stronger" "US$35M is chicken change". As if its not "supposedly great ministers who "supposedly" did great things in His Name that Christ said He'd tell "I never knew you workers of iniquity". As if christ didn't speak of the wheat and chaff growing together - reason being the chaff so resembles the wheat that only at harvest can they be easily separated.

When a man comes out and claims he wants to show he or someone else is right, he has invited criticism. Only thieves, criminals or those who have skeletons to hide do not wish critique.

God is about motives and truth, not what you try to portray on the outside.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by Azibalua(f): 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2010
@kunle oshob
in my life there have been no downward happenings whatsoever
every thing that seemed like trouble eventually turned around for my good
i am a product or rather an outcome of so many challenges
i am standing stronger than than ever
and like yeast in the midst of troubles i still rise

is this too difficult to understand, then if it is i wonder what happened at the cross if it was a problem for Jesus or rather it was a  necessary challenge that will eventually produce great men 

grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by newmi(m): 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Nuclearboy,KunleOshob
What is the problem with these individuals, l wonder why our most respected moderators haven't done something about these two and the likes of their kind because they have successfully proven to defeat the whole purpose of learning from purposeful threads by consistently derailing the core focus of topics. Please moderator salvage the credibility of this forum otherwise nobody will make any meaningful learning engagement rather all we'll do is spend our network connection bills just aimlessly aguing, No this was not what nairaland was designed for- except am wrong
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by newmi(m): 9:58pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Nuclearboy,KunleOshob
What is the problem with these individuals, l wonder why our most respected moderators haven't done something about these two and the likes of their kind because they have successfully proven to defeat the whole purpose of learning from purposeful threads by consistently derailing the core focus of topics. Please moderator salvage the credibility of this forum otherwise nobody will make any meaningful learning engagement rather all we'll do is spend our network connection bills just aimlessly aguing, No this was not what nairaland was designed for- except am wrong
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by nuclearboy(m): 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2010
^^^ Wait for your response, hypocritical coffin.

Your ancestors crucified Christ then later killed His followers so I'm not suprised at your desire something be done to muzzle the truth. For why state we'd be impressed then now complain cos we're not.

Each wicked thought, murder, lie, crime you commit only shows the true motives you have and the state of your heart. Every servant of God in the Bible was an enemy to the religious establishment of their day and so, we expect your pharisees of today to be angry and afraid of criticism. Like in Jesus time, what you want is to be "Ogas".

Continue, but go learn to communicate better first. You addressed me and kunle then jumped to moderators without a pause or coherence.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by newmi(m): 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^ Wait for your response, hypocritical coffin.

Your ancestors crucified Christ then later killed His followers so I'm not suprised at your desire something be done to muzzle the truth. For why state we'd be impressed then now complain cos we're not.

Each wicked thought, murder, lie, crime you commit only shows the true motives you have and the state of your heart. Every servant of God in the Bible was an enemy to the religious establishment of their day and so, we expect your pharisees of today to be angry and afraid of criticism. Like in Jesus time, what you want is to be "Ogas".

Continue, but go learn to communicate better first. You addressed me and kunle then jumped to moderators without a pause or coherence.
grin grin grin grin
Grow up
N, boy- [b]transition - [/b]N, man (Amen)
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by toorich: 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2010
Powerful n nice thread
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 26, 2010
nuclearboy:

So what are the fruits -
Paul BOASTED IN THE LORD. He was and remains a giant cutting across denominations, cults, sects, whatever. He has been quoted by Jim Jones, the Man responsible for Waco, billions of honest and dishonest people. The mark he has made is felt everyday but when you take his words, you see support for the absolute majesty of the Lord God. So yes, he did have the right to boast. And when he spoke in tongues, people heard in their own languages what he said. We see his fruit everywhere today.

Paul is not remembered for doing the "barabarracudafishstewriceandbeansisverysweet yemamama" rubbish that is meant to solicit excitement without the backing of the Spirit of God. He never asked for a[b] "prophetic" gift nor did he accept "offer 7[/b]" that worsened the lot of the poor and swelled the purse of the rich. Can you show one person who stole to bless Paul? When someone kept back what initially belonged to him, the power of God in Peter showed just how much trust/power was invested in him.

But we have this gangster like, cultism like motley collection of the most depraved people in society. Driving past a noisy record store weeks back, one "Saint Janet" singing some of the most explicit lyrics I've heard since the days of the "2 live crew", discussed the fruits she saw of three churches. Even with my aversion to CE theology, I was ashamed to hear such. Yet the refrain remains "we are becoming bigger", "growing stronger" "US$35M is chicken change". As if its not "supposedly great ministers who "supposedly" did great things in His Name that Christ said He'd tell "I never knew you workers of iniquity". As if christ didn't speak of the wheat and chaff growing together - reason being the chaff so resembles the wheat that only at harvest can they be easily separated.

When a man comes out and claims he wants to show he or someone else is right, he has invited criticism. Only thieves, criminals or those who have skeletons to hide do not wish critique.

wow! WOW! abeg sofry Bros. Merry Christmas oh!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by fyneguy: 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2010
Need I prove we have a poster from a rehab in here? We'll continue to pray for his recovery and for his daughter to be impervious to such protracted insanity. Merry Christmas
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by nuclearboy(m): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2010
^^ truth is that it is you and ur jerry curl wearing dolt that need rehab and has a mental problem. For who is insane aside he that feels he can usurp God and create his own gospel to suit his pocket?

No wonder the madam took her kids and ran for her life - so the anti-truth spirit would not enter her kids. But appearances are Ok, so the allowance is not cut off
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by revolt(m): 11:54am On Dec 27, 2010
I used to go for total experience and didn't believe the rumours that he was
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by toorich: 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2010
Well,this thing didn't start today,Jesus was said to heal people with the power of belzebob,performed signs and wonders,he preached his own gospel that defiled jewish laws,"made" himself equal with God,pulled a lot of followers,dined with sinners,accepted offerings from both rich and poor,he was called a glutton and a wine bibber because he lived comfortably; so he was killed thinking they were doing God a favorfor yet He was the son of God and himself God. He told his disciples that many will seek to kill you thinking they are doing God a favor. The generations of those that killed the lord are still everywhere today,pointing fingers at the lord's ministers. My advice to the simple is be wise,learn to fear God working through his ministers,God didn't call you to talk about them or judge them rather He said you should work out YOUR own salvation with fear and trembling. You are not doing God a favor by talking about his ministers but you are doing yourself a great danger by doing so,study the bible and learn wisdom.in the scripture God never appointed any man not even a king to address his prophet,its God's own affair and in a matter of time any tree he did not plant,He pulls it down. The things of God is not for social or public debate.God said "touch not my anoited(whether by hand,pen,or mouth, ). Be wise my dear friends and leave this matter alone because it is too high for you.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by lysaa(f): 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2010
nuclearboy:

So what are the fruits -

Paul is not remembered for doing the "barabarracudafishstewriceandbeansisverysweet yemamama" rubbish that is meant to solicit excitement without the backing of the Spirit of God. He never asked for a "prophetic" gift nor did he accept "offer 7" that worsened the lot of the poor and swelled the purse of the rich. Can you show one person who stole to bless Paul? When someone kept back what initially belonged to him, the power of God in Peter showed just how much trust/power was invested in him.

Hey, couldn't be bothered to read thru ur post after reading the 1st & last paragragh. Obviously, ur beef against Pastor Chris is rootless, very aimless. . attempt to criticize without the right substance. Seriously, If the apostles were here, u'd sharply publish critiques of their acts too.

Chapter what verse what of what book of the Bible did [b]Paul [/b]speak in tongues and men heard in their languages?

FYI, our brother Paul didn't boast because renowned men quoted him. .but rather in the mighty power of God in His word evident in his dispensation and still is today. David, in his Psalms boasted too. .see, boasting in the Lord is not by the perfection of a man. A saint isn't one because he is perfect (Eph 4:12) but because he has a heart after God.

What is ur own drive? What makes u do the things u do? Would u be sincere with God first and urself 2nd before men that all these u're posting is for the furtherance of the Gospel? I'm throwing these qxns as I can not find love in them posts of urs. They sound ugly and from a bitter heart.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by nuclearboy(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2010
^^ "They SOUND ugly & from a bitter heart".

Judge lysaa:

Go read about God - He looks upon the heart and not how something sounds or looks else He wouldn't have chosen David and maybe would not have "Elect" rather than the "claimed salvation" you evidence by speaking rubbish and jeri curling men's hair. The Bible is so available and makes it clear - many of your "mighty" men of God WILL SAY "we did great things in your (Jesus) Name" and Jesus will point them to their resting place (perdition) and send them along with the words "I NEVER KNEW YOU, WORKERS OF INIQUITY"!

So whether it SOUNDS nice or not to your itching ears is not the point. Jesus Words never sounded nice to hypocrites or the religious establishment who wanted it their way rather than God's Way. What sounds nice is found on the broad way, not the narrow way.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by e36991: 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2010
lysaa:

Hey, couldn't be bothered to read thru your post after reading the 1st & last paragragh. Obviously, your beef against Pastor Chris is rootless, very aimless . . . attempt to criticize without the right substance. Seriously, If the apostles were here, u'd sharply publish critiques of their acts too.

Chapter what verse what of what book of the Bible did Paul [/u]speak in tongues and men heard in their languages?

FYI, our brother Paul didn't boast because renowned men quoted him. . . but rather in the mighty power of God in His word evident in his dispensation and still is today. David, in his Psalms boasted too. .see, boasting in the Lord is not by the perfection of a man. A saint isn't one because he is perfect (Eph 4:12) but because he has a heart after God.

What is your own drive? What makes u do the things u do? Would u be sincere with God first and urself 2nd before men that all these u're posting is for the furtherance of the Gospel? I'm throwing these qxns as I can not find love in them posts of urs. They sound ugly and from a bitter heart.

nuclearboy:

^^ "They SOUND ugly & from a bitter heart".

Judge lysaa:

Go read about God - He looks upon the heart and not how something sounds or looks else He wouldn't have chosen David and maybe would not have "Elect" rather than the "claimed salvation" you evidence by speaking rubbish and jeri curling men's hair. The Bible is so available and makes it clear - many of your "mighty" men of God WILL SAY "we did great things in your (Jesus) Name" and Jesus will point them to their resting place (perdition) and send them along with the words "I NEVER KNEW YOU, WORKERS OF INIQUITY"!

So whether it SOUNDS nice or not to your itching ears is not the point. Jesus Words never sounded nice to hypocrites or the religious establishment who wanted it their way rather than God's Way. What sounds nice is found on the broad way, not the narrow way.

@lysaa

The tongue issue is a minefield - a subject full of falling-outs

Let's leave that for another time, eh?

Meanwhile 1 Corinthians 14:18-19 is the "Chapter, verse, book of the Bible that [u]Paul
spoke in tongues and men heard in their languages?"

1 Corinthians 14:18-19:

BBE:
18I give praise to God that I am able to make use of tongues more than you all:
19But in the church it would be better for me to make use of five words of which the sense was clear, so that others might have profit, than ten thousand words in a strange tongue.

ESV:
18I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.
19Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue

KJV:
18I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:
19Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

PS: Happy New Year in advance Nuke  wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by nuclearboy(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2010
Thank you Sir and wishes for a great 2011 to you and family. Giving these people chapter and verse makes no difference - they believe only pastors can understand God's word and so, they prefer to read ROR. Her idea was to create white space and try to "discredit" using the emotional saying - "you're not showing love". Just like their ancestors tried to make Christ look "bad" by saying "He made Himself equal to God".

Teeth gnashing is only just starting on NL - some will do worse to themselves with the way truth will be revealed in the coming days.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Faint In The Day Of Adversity! by newmi(m): 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2010
My dear lysaa don't regard this nuclearbonboi na boy omo kekere
Every time l read a post by nuclearbonboi what comes to my mind is a 21st century-type Pharisee functioning in the ranks of his ancestors and you know the only response deserving of him what Jesus Christ himself told his(nuclearbonboi) fathers

John 5:40-47
"And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. I receive not honour from men. But l know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not honour that cometh from God only? ---”
Se omo bobo nuclear you are seeing the road you fathers took hmmmm

John 8:42-44 nd 47
"---if G od were your Father, ye would love me: for l proceeded forth and came from God; neither came l of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father if it., ---He that is God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."

Can you see you life?
This boy is a real time enemy of the church of Jesus Christ. Ok you are always quoting that scripture no problem please can you tell us based on your acclaimed knowledge of scripture kindly suggess to us any true Man of God and church that if you had your way (since you " claim to be campaigning for The Christ and His church"wink you'd be glad believers and potential believers alike should adhere to
Tell us which Man of God or pastor you would say is the real one or IS IT YOU OR YOUR FRIEND KUNLEOSHOB grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Seeking ‘spiritual’ Healing Dies In Hotel Fire / Pastor Adeboye Invokes Fire On Cultists In Nigeria / Church Members Attack Elderly Woman In Lagos, Accuse Her Of Being A Witch (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.