Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,080 members, 7,863,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:45 AM

Adeboye: God Used Buhari To Punish FRC Boss – CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye: God Used Buhari To Punish FRC Boss – CAN (897 Views)

List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC / Why Buhari Sacked Jim Obazee, FRC Boss – Fayose / Shareholders Rejoice As Buhari Fires FRC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye: God Used Buhari To Punish FRC Boss – CAN by newsafrikturke: 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has welcomed the removal of Financial Reporting Council (FRC) Executive Secretary, Mr Jim Obazee.

FRC is the body whose law led to the retirement of Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye as General Overseer of Nigerian arm of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).

Reacting, CAN General Secretary, Rev. Musa Asake said the sack of Obazee by President Muhammadu Buhari was divine.

He said God used authorities to punish the official for daring to interfere with the work of the church.

“The sack of Jim (Obazee) is good riddance to bad rubbish. Anybody that wants to fight the church will find himself where he does not want,” he told The Nation.

“Jim got to the position by the grace of God but set out to probe and destroy the church of God. I spoke with him several times on this issue but he wouldn’t listen.

“He was going to take the church to what is worse than Armageddon. Thank God the authorities have stepped in to rewrite the wrong.

“He should have been fired a long time ago and we don’t know why he was left alone, but God’s time is always the best.

“That code should be thrown out completely because the government should not interfere with the church.

“The church is a no-go zone for the government. Doing that has serious implications. If they attempt it, it will lead to confusion in the nation”, he added.

Similarly, Senior Pastor, Living Spring Chapel International, Lagos, Pastor Femi Emmanuel, has condemned the controversial law.

He said the sack “is a right step in the right direction. The government has no business meddling in the internal structure and governance of the church.

“There is no government in the world that does that. Anyone who does that is incurring the wrath of God. Yes, there could be financial regulation of churches but never in the internal structure of the church.

“Everything that has to do with the internal structure and governance of the church must be expunged from the code.”

Obazee, a former pastor of the RCCG, had said only 89 of the 23,216 registered churches in the country had complied with FRC provisions.

Meanwhile, the leadership of CAN is set to hold an emergency meeting on the FRC code and other related matters.

CAN President Rev. Samson Ayokunle said the organisation’s lawyers would review the issues and make their position known to the public.

http://afrikturke.com/adeboye-god-used-buhari-punish-frc-boss-can/
Re: Adeboye: God Used Buhari To Punish FRC Boss – CAN by INTROVERT(f): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
Seen
Re: Adeboye: God Used Buhari To Punish FRC Boss – CAN by CoolFreeday(m): 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2017
politics everywhere
Re: Adeboye: God Used Buhari To Punish FRC Boss – CAN by newsafrikturke: 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
CoolFreeday:
politics everywhere
I tell you my brother
Re: Adeboye: God Used Buhari To Punish FRC Boss – CAN by Dakad: 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
The only aspect of the code that seems not proper is the time limit to when a general overseer can stay. To me that's not too proper bcs nobody appoints most general oversser in the first place. I'm totally in support of almost every other aspects. Most religion organization lack accountability. And the so called Bokoharam got most of their funding from religious body
Re: Adeboye: God Used Buhari To Punish FRC Boss – CAN by OduduwaYoruba: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
The same buhari that refuse to intervene in Fulani killings, kaduna massacre , but with speed sack Jim Obazee, this is pure tribalism.
Re: Adeboye: God Used Buhari To Punish FRC Boss – CAN by newsafrikturke: 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
Dakad:
The only aspect of the code that seems not proper is the time limit to when a general overseer can stay. To me that's not too proper bcs nobody appoints most general oversser in the first place. I'm totally in support of almost every other aspects. Most religion organization lack accountability. And the so called Bokoharam got most of their funding from religious body

(1) (Reply)

The Origin Of HERDSMEN / Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu Pays Visit To The Family Of Late Former Governor Niger State / Policeman Holds Umbrella For White Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.