Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank (33632 Views)

Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / Meet Julian Osula Who Ordered For Helicopter After He Was Stuck In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by hardeycute(m): 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
ilyasom:
Ordinary 50k. Go and hustle bro
ordinarily?why not save of the stress and the 50k to him

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by fergieboy: 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
Op you don't wanna go that lane..

I tried accessing my late mums funds.. I even have her account no ..

I approached the bank.. Told them everything .. Ask that how much was inside.. They refuse telling

I ask how will I access the account .. They started listing document I will have to bring from affidavit to lawyer and so many other docs..I weak

Last last.. I bone the level..

Money fit no they much there make person no waste time and money
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by fergieboy: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
But wait o.. Since 2009..

Could this be recession ?
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by drey076(m): 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
izzou:
grin

Misleading topic

I thought Skye bank had folded up. I for go withdraw my last 2k from that hopeless bank
grin
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by brojoshua: 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2017
Let not banks also become looters and swallow people's money
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by mimee9(f): 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2017
Skye bank also refuse to give us our dads money,till today
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by KENZYYONG(m): 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
My brother sorry about the demise of ur mum...here is what to do...go to probate in a court they are in charge of death certificate...and declaration that you are the next of kin. Then with that u also go with a means of identification. With these, you can claim ur moms account...good luck bro
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by inspiredlegal: 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2017
If you don't mind, you can contact me on 07036506046; maybe I can offer you some professional services on recovery of your parent asset.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by sleazy5(m): 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

By the time the lawyer should charge him his fees, wetin go remain

i was simply offering a solution to his problem. he can decide to take my advice or not.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by ameesh: 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2017
I
KENZYYONG:
My brother sorry about the demise of ur mum...here is what to do...go to probate in a court they are in charge of death certificate...and declaration that you are the next of kin. Then with that u also go with a means of identification. With these, you can claim ur moms account...good luck bro

Op! Please follow this guy's advice and don't be desperate enough to start contacting this guys dropping their numbers, you don't even need a lawyer. Go to high court in the state you reside and ask for probate registry.... They will take care of these worries you have. Rip to Mum...
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Harinholar(f): 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
Don't even understand how some people reason @times....so, for your mind naw u wll get the useful answer here bah? Go to the bank and make enquiry abt it..Very simple
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by ameesh: 9:37pm On Jan 11, 2017
mimee9:
Skye bank also refuse to give us our dads money,till today

My dear,just visit the probate registry in your state high court.... That's their job. They will mandate the bank to give you your dad's money.... Them never born them.! It's a court action.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by arabianights: 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
MOSTEC:
Sorry dear, but dat money is a gonner. The a/c is probably dormant now
it doesn't matter .go to any probate registry in high courtthey will tell u what u need to do as percrequiremenrts in which a letter will ne given to u to take to the bank which they must honorm hope u have acct number

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by arabianights: 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
ameesh:

My dear,just visit the probate registry in your state high court.... That's their job. They will mandate the bank to give you your dad's money.... Them never born them.! It's a court action.
correct.... Let them just mess up so that these people go hit them with damages and get more than 50k
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by ameesh: 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
Harinholar:
Don't even understand how some people reason @times....so, for your mind naw u wll get the useful answer here bah? Go to the bank and make enquiry abt it..Very simple

Then you underestimate this forum! If he goes to the bank... They will either form ignorance or direct him to probates. So this forum is actually giving him the useful answer.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by francotunsco: 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2017
akimpelumi124:
Wettin kill am
What a sensible question! Na death o jare.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by LastlyFREEDOM: 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2017
Consult an Attorney on Nairaland @: truedemocracyfornigeria@gmail.com. When I get your mail, I will put my legal services at your disposal with your o-operation.... Blessed night.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by ademijuwonlo(f): 9:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
There is a dept of ministry of justice that handles cases like this but 10% of the money ll be deducted by the ministry. It can also be handled by high court but they ll demand that a copy of national newspaper that notifies the public of ur mom' demise and you ll need death certificate which must be from a state/federal hospital.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by LastlyFREEDOM: 9:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
igraman:
Hello,
Pls come to my aid.
My Mum died in 2009 and she has money in Skye bank.
Before she began the sickness that eventually led to her death I remember vividly that she sent me to deposit #50000 for her.
Since her demise none of us talked about it until very recently when the four of us met during Christmas.
We are sure she has money there, but we don't know her account details except the account name which is certainly her full name.

I was told if an account is not used for six years, it will be blocked.
Please is there a way we can get her account number, and the balance of the account. also what are the requirements to collect the money.
Thanks.

Get an Attorney on Nairaland at: truedemocracyfornigeria@gmail.com. When I get your mail, I will put my legal services at your disposal with your co-operation.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by sneak3(m): 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2017
You don't need a lawyer, it's something you can start and conclude ursef. Take her death certificate to a high court as the next of kin, you will request for a letter of administration after which you take it to the bank. The bank will inturn reconfirm same from court independently to certify it's true copy. Once this process is concluded you then now write for the money to be tranfered to a given account in the name of the next of KIn as Stated in the Letter of admin. Or a Draft is raised in that same name. But like one of the Early Comments u Need to approach the Bank where the account is domiciled (was opened) give the customer Service the accurate name used in opening the account and Am sure You can get the account Number. Rgds
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Kizyte(m): 10:02pm On Jan 11, 2017
igraman:
Hello,
Pls come to my aid.
Before she began the sickness that eventually led to her death I remember vividly that she sent me to deposit #50000 for her.
Since her demise none of us talked about it until very recently when the four of us met during Christmas.
We are sure she has money there, but we don't know her account details except the account name which is certainly her full name.

Please is there a way we can get her account number, and the balance of the account. also what are the requirements to collect the money.
Thanks.
You need her death certificate
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by naturalwaves: 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
igraman:
Hello,
Pls come to my aid.

Thanks.
Hello Op. So sorry about your mum's demise. I have a lawyer friend who also doubles as a staff of skye bank. PM me so I can get the account name at least and we will pick it up from there. I also feel he is in a good position to tell you all necessary requirements. I could subsequently give you his contacts. Cheers!
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by gamaliel9: 10:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
Sorry for the death of your mum.All these processes above are due process but you have factor in that:

1. The Letter of Administration can take months if not years because it has to be published in one or two newspapers,and some newspaper houses wait till they have a lot of like letters before placing.

2. The Lawyer is not taking 10% ooo,it is about 30 to 40% of the money. My opinion: Have a heart to heart talk with Operations Manager,with a family letter authorizing you,go with one or two members of your family, with her death certificate and your government issued identity card.

3. Pray Psalm 23 grin grin grin
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by histemple: 10:26pm On Jan 11, 2017
MOSTEC:
Sorry dear, but dat money is a gonner. The a/c is probably dormant now

Stop saying what you don't know to mischievously mislead an innocent fellow who is genuinely seeking help.

I mean that is wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by histemple: 10:27pm On Jan 11, 2017
gamaliel9:
Sorry for the death of your mum.All these processes above are due process but you have factor in that:

1. The Letter of Administration can take months if not years because it has to be published in one or two newspapers,and some newspaper houses wait till they have a lot of like letters before placing.

2. The Lawyer is not taking 10% ooo,it is about 30 to 40% of the money. My opinion: Have a heart to heart talk with Operations Manager,with a family letter authorizing you,go with one or two members of your family, with her death certificate and your government issued identity card.

3. Pray Psalm 23 grin grin grin

Nice one.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by ajayiopy: 10:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
Let the next of kin get a letter of administration from court and take it to the bank
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by histemple: 10:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
sneak3:
You don't need a lawyer, it's something you can start and conclude ursef. Take her death certificate to a high court as the next of kin, you will request for a letter of administration after which you take it to the bank. The bank will inturn reconfirm same from court independently to certify it's true copy. Once this process is concluded you then now write for the money to be tranfered to a given account in the name of the next of KIn as Stated in the Letter of admin. Or a Draft is raised in that same name. But like one of the Early Comments u Need to approach the Bank where the account is domiciled (was opened) give the customer Service the accurate name used in opening the account and Am sure You can get the account Number. Rgds

I find your submission quite intelligent. However, I will suggest a talk with the branch first because nobody is sure who the next of kin is.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Profeme: 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
Bankoleodewunmi:
Sorry about ur late mum.. U need to get a written consent signed my ur family members to show u hv the consent of ur family to deal with the qccount..proceed to the probate section of the judiciary, tender her death certificate, consent letter and an application for the issue of letter of administration to administer the estate of Late. Mrs... you will be required to pay some amount of money sha.. small small.. d process will take it close to a month .
After its granted take it to the bank with a letter applying to close the account and liquidate the funds.
God be with uu bro..

God bless.
You said it all. Op,you can do all these by yourself without the assistance of a lawyer. I am writing this based on personal experience but you have to be patient because the process of obtaining the Letter of Administration may take some time. Once you obtain the letter, the bank will give you all the money in her account.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Nbote(m): 10:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
Amplitron:
Get a lawyer that deals in inheritance law.

U probably mean probate as there's nothing like inheritance law.. All he needs a lawyer for in dis case is jus to help fast track d process. He can apply for Letter of Administration from the courts and dat would require her death certificate. And with dat if he or any of his sibling is d nxt of kin, den it's a bit easier..

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by CzarChris(m): 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2017
Almost had this problem with my late dad's company account and transfer of ownership of the company at the demise of my dad.

1. I got the death certificate from the hospital being his next of kin.

2. I went to the probate office and had got the Letter of Administration(this took me about 3months to get).

3.The transfer of company ownership wasn't even done, because when I got the CAC certificate, the company was already registered in my name. (I always bless you dad's soul for that)

4. I took the documents to the bank and in less than 1 hour, I was given full control of the company's accounts(they call it an estate account) and I still operate the same account till date.

Summary:
Just go get the LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION.

Note: No lawyers where involved and my Dad didn't leave any will(I am an only son), but if it gets hairy at any point you can involve a lawyer.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by GuDErboY(m): 11:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
lielbree:
Op please redraft your heading!

I almost had a heart attack thinking skye bank has folded.
Hahahahahaha Boss!!!!
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Nyceguy92: 12:05am On Jan 12, 2017
Gten:
Hi, first and foremost are you her next of kin? Or did she die intestate (without a will) If yes, please approach a lawyer to help you facilitate a letter of administration from court. Take the letter to the bank, you have all the legal backing to access her funds. Please ensure you retrieve the money your mum would want you to have it. Best of luck!
Even if you are the next of kin, banks would still demand a letter of administration, it is a tactical way of shifting liability from themselves in the event dispute arises.

You said it all.

Some guy above said the "money is a gonner."
It shows how very little he knows about how systems work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote's Daughter's Wedding Stopped Headies Awards 2018 / Rule Your World On How To Make Books/you Can Do It Yourself / Successful Businessman Shares His Personal Secret To Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.