Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend (1159 Views)

National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians / Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? / N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by dipoolowoo: 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2017
By Modupe Gbadeyanka

A total of about 8,000 accredited poor Nigerians from the selected 12 Local Government Areas of Osun State will benefit in the conditional cash transfer of the Federal Government.

The disbursement of the N5000 monthly stipend, which is currently on-going in some states of the federation, has started in the state.

The Unit Head for the cash transfer in Osun State, Mrs Adeola Oyebamiji, said during the disbursement exercise of the December and January months’ stipend in Ife north local government Secretariat that subsequent payment would be made via bank transfer to all beneficiaries.

Mrs Oyebamiji said the aim of the scheme was to reduce poverty among the most vulnerable Nigerians.

Some beneficiaries of the conditional cash transfer appreciated the gesture of the Federal Government and assured judicious use of the money.

The Federal Government had listed Osun State among the nine pilot states for the scheme.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2017/01/11/8000-poor-osun-citizens-get-fgs-n5000-stipend/

Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by ScotsReferendum: 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2017
See poverty signature grin

1 Like

Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by Eastactivist: 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2017
Are Yorubas now competing with the north on poverty level?

3 Likes

Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by NaijaMutant(f): 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
Poor Osun

1 Like

Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by Yorubaangel(m): 12:01am On Jan 12, 2017
All this faceless poor people ehn!!!

Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by Klinee: 12:12am On Jan 12, 2017
afonjas and poverty Na 5&6 now

1 Like

Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by BudeYahooCom: 12:54am On Jan 12, 2017
I thought osun has the greatest GDP in the milky way. In retrospect, Oshogbo's GDP is greater than that of all the states in the SE put together, according to yoruba zombies. grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by progress69: 1:04am On Jan 12, 2017
Klinee:
afonjas and poverty Na 5&6 now
NaijaMutant:
Poor Osun
Eastactivist:
ScotsReferendum:
See poverty signature grin
BudeYahooCom:
I thought osun has the greatest GDP in the milky way. In retrospect, Oshogbo's GDP is greater than that of all the states in the SE put together, according to yoruba zombies. grin grin

When did Nairaland get to this level. First page in every thread is always littered with senseless childish comments.
The annoying this is if at the end their states didn't receive anything, they will start screaming marginisation. There are poor people in Newyork, Vegas, Washington who live on social schemes by thierGovernment like this. Funny this is some of this clowns have one old poor relative in the village whom they have never sent a dyme to. Poor people in Abia, Anamabra, Delta, Crossriver, Enugu will receive, so will poor people in Ekiti,Kaduna,Ondo, Lagos, Benue, Kano e.t.c will receive. So what the heck is wrong with this super clowns?

Awon Escobars!

4 Likes

Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by francisbarrack(m): 1:12am On Jan 12, 2017
progress69:

When did Nairaland get to this level. First page in every thread is always littered with senseless childish comments.
The annoying this is if at the end their states didn't receive anything, they will start screaming marginisation. There are poor peoolein Nee York, Las Vegas, Washington whi live on social schemes by there Government like this. Funny this is sime of this clowns have one old poor relative in the village whom they have never sent a dyme to. Poor people in Abia, Anamabra, Delta, Crossriver, Enugu will receive, so will poor people in Ekiti,Kaduna,Ondo, Lagos, Benue, Kano e.t.c will receive. So what the heck is wrong with this super clowns?

grin
Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by Sibrah: 2:47am On Jan 12, 2017
Yorubaangel:
All this faceless poor people ehn!!!
Believe me Osun state has more than enough poor people. Aregbe had paid lots of people in the past.

1 Like

Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by hmuhammad(m): 5:38am On Jan 12, 2017
progress69:

The annoying this is if at the end their states didn't receive anything, they will start screaming marginisation. There are poor people in Newyork, Vegas, Washington who live on social schemes by thierGovernment like this. Funny this is some of this clowns have one old poor relative in the village whom they have never sent a dyme to. Poor people in Abia, Anamabra, Delta, Crossriver, Enugu will receive, so will poor people in Ekiti,Kaduna,Ondo, Lagos, Benue, Kano e.t.c will receive. So what the heck is wrong with this super clowns?

Awon Escobars!
they are from eastern part of Nigeria, anything Buhari does is very wrong. With their flat heads

1 Like

Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 12, 2017
Eastactivist:
It was the party promised that they're delivery
Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by GMBuhari: 8:26am On Jan 12, 2017
Eastactivist:

You know the answer
Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by MrEgghead(m): 9:02am On Jan 12, 2017
dipoolowoo:
By Modupe Gbadeyanka

A total of about 8,000 accredited poor Nigerians from the selected 12 Local Government Areas of Osun State will benefit in the conditional cash transfer of the Federal Government.

The disbursement of the N5000 monthly stipend, which is currently on-going in some states of the federation, has started in the state.

The Unit Head for the cash transfer in Osun State, Mrs Adeola Oyebamiji, said during the disbursement exercise of the December and January months’ stipend in Ife north local government Secretariat that subsequent payment would be made via bank transfer to all beneficiaries.

Mrs Oyebamiji said the aim of the scheme was to reduce poverty among the most vulnerable Nigerians.

Some beneficiaries of the conditional cash transfer appreciated the gesture of the Federal Government and assured judicious use of the money.

The Federal Government had listed Osun State among the nine pilot states for the scheme.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2017/01/11/8000-poor-osun-citizens-get-fgs-n5000-stipend/
Now,I knew I was only blinded by sentiments and hatred towards GEJ and his cohorts.perhaps,I was tired of his administration with no genuine reasons which instigated my lack of interest for him.I apologise to everyone I compelled to vote in this present administration via my actions and inactions. It's vivid PMB and his cohorts are bereft of visionary ideas and principles to propel this national into a considerable height.I don't see how this policy will change the present predicament. Nigeria's factor wouldn't even let the monies to get to their expected destinations..personally, I don't believe in giving money to people because for how long will the money sustain them rather I engage them or teach them how to make money independently..
Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by progress69: 9:39am On Jan 12, 2017
[s]
MrEgghead:
Now,I knew I was only blinded by sentiments and hatred towards GEJ and his cohorts.perhaps,I was tired of his administration with no genuine reasons which instigated my lack of interest for him.I apologise to everyone I compelled to vote in this present administration via my actions and inactions. It's vivid PMB and his cohorts are bereft of visionary ideas and principles to propel this national into a considerable height.I don't see how this policy will change the present predicament. Nigeria's factor wouldn't even let the monies to get to their expected destinations..personally, I don't believe in giving money to people because for how long will the money sustain them rather I engage them or teach them how to make money independently..
[/s]

Spare us all this stale boring lines. There is absolutely nothing wrong in this scheme. If u want to be a developed country, its time we start doing what developed countries do for their citizens. 5k may not be enough, but someone who eats now and doesn't know when next he will eat, or for someone who doesn't even have an idea of what to eat, 5k to him is a big relief at least. This social scheme is practised in the UK, in the US and other developed countries. While some live on Government stipends, some are alao trained on different vacations. There are different social schemes. The Government giving 5k to her extremely pior citezens is commendable and a good start.

1 Like

Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by MrEgghead(m): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2017
progress69:
[s][/s]

Spare us all this stale boring lines. There is absolutely nothing wrong in this scheme. If u want to be a developed country, its time we start doing what developed countries do for their citizens. 5k may not be enough, but someone who eats now and doesn't know when next he will eat, or for someone who doesn't even have an idea of what to eat, 5k to him is a big relief at least. This social scheme is practised in the UK, in the US and other developed countries. While some live on Government stipends, some are alao trained on different vacations. There are different social schemes. The Government giving 5k to her extremely pior citezens is commendable and a good start.
You may have made points in your writings but the truth is,Nigeria's factors such as Godfatherism and self servicing mentality wouldn't let the scheme to be a successful one.And the question is 'have they put all logistics in place to ensure that the scheme is well And widely implemented? I still maintain my stance though!
Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by progress69: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2017
MrEgghead:
You may have made points in your writings but the truth is,Nigeria's factors such as Godfatherism and self servicing mentality wouldn't let the scheme to be a successful one.And the question is 'have they put all logistics in place to ensure that the scheme is well And widely implemented? I still maintain my stance though!

We can not keep hiding under this factor not to get things done. There have been some level of transparency in the scheme.
I have to commend this govt for some level of transparency in their social schemes. At least for once we have seen people who never knew anybody being beneficiaries. Even on NL herr, u see people showing their alerts and all that. It may not be 100% but far better than the past. We are getting there.
Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by saintgp(m): 10:25am On Jan 12, 2017
LETS DO ALITTLE MATHEMATICS:

ACCORDING TO BABA THE WORKING (SHARING)FORMULA NAY RATIO IS:97:3 GOING BY REGIONAL VOTE CAST DOING ELECTION.
South west,and north are in the 93% category.while
south east and south south sums up the 3%:

5000*8000=40,000,000.(osun state a south west state=93%).

Therefore if 93%=#40,000,000
Then 3% =#1.290,000

BY PERMUTATION & COMBINATION:
it therefore imply that the number of people that will be paid the stipends in south-south/south-east states =
1.290,000/5000=258.

In Conclusion it could be said that only 258poor persons will be paid the stipends in southern states.
Re: 8,000 Poor Osun Citizens Get Fg’s N5,000 Stipend by MrEgghead(m): 11:39am On Jan 12, 2017
progress69:

We can not keep hiding under this factor not to get things done. There have been some level of transparency in the scheme.
I have to commend this govt for some level of transparency in their social schemes. At least for once we have seen people who never knew anybody being beneficiaries. Even on NL herr, u see people showing their alerts and all that. It may not be 100% but far better than the past. We are getting there.
The question is 'for how long will the scheme lasts?I believe there are numerous other ways in which the scheme can be twisted even with the retention of Its goals and objectives.It could have been implemented in a form 'Entrepreneurship'.The funds can be used to start up something meaningful that brings profit. 'Teach me how to catch fish rather than giving me fish'..when you worked for something,you would value that thing to the core..It's disheartening that the stipends may even do more harm than good.

(1) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela's Message To All Nigerians / How Delta Igbos Wanted To Secede With Biafra- Achuzia / Nnamdi Kalu Is No Longer A Jew After Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.