Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

Lawyer Of Sahara Reporters Publisher Reveals What Hapened During His Arrest.PICS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Of Sahara Reporters Publisher Reveals What Hapened During His Arrest.PICS (637 Views)

Result Of Sahara Reporters Poll On Buhari And Atiku (Photo) / Omoyele Sowore Of Sahara Reporters Released / Police Arrests Omoyele Sowore, Sahara Reporters’ Publisher (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyer Of Sahara Reporters Publisher Reveals What Hapened During His Arrest.PICS by CastedDude: 9:18am On Jan 12, 2017
The Publisher of an online news medium, SaharaReporters, Mr. Omoyele Sowore was on Monday arrested by the Police. His arrest followed a complaint by one Lekan Fatodu, who accused him of defamation of character after reporting on his website, that he (Lekan) was being used by former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, to launder money out of the country while he was in office.

His lawyer, Inibehe Effiong, shared an update this morning after Sowore's release from Panti Police station last night.

I was still working in my office last night when I received a call that my good friend Omoyele Sowore was at the Panti Police Station, Yaba, Lagos State following an attempt on his life by one Lekan Fatodu and his friend. I immediately rushed down to the station to offer my support. Some courageous comrades were on the ground to show solidarity.

In January 2016, Sahara Reporters reported that the said Lekan had been involved in money laundering for Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode. The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni brandished a petition written by the said Lekan alleging criminal defamation when Sowore reported the attempt on his life. Note that Sowore was waylaid and publicly attacked around GRA Ikeja by the said lekan and his friend identified as 'Andre'.

As a lawyer, having someone like Sowore as a Client has a lot of consequences. His kind of courage, conscientious stubbornness and principled stand on issues are a rarity in our country.

At a point, the Policemen were very hostile to us. One officer insisted that I should sit down but I retorted that his decision to offer me a sit was only a matter of courtesy and that I have the right to remain standing. When we were to have a meeting with the Deputy Commissioner of Police at Panti, I was asked not to be part of it but I followed them inside despite the attempt to shut me out.

Sowore was asked to sign a bail bond on Self Recognizance but he refused. He said that he would rather spend the night at the station than to sign it. I queried the DCP on the legality and necessity of the bail bond since my Client was neither a suspect nor under any disclosed criminal investigation. The DCP conceded to our argument and allowed Sowore to go.

We will be back at the SCID Panti today by 2PM. A formal statement on the matter will be issued after our meeting at the SCID Panti. The photos were taken while we were leaving the station last night.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/01/lawyer-of-sahara-reporters-publisher.html

Re: Lawyer Of Sahara Reporters Publisher Reveals What Hapened During His Arrest.PICS by Raydos: 9:19am On Jan 12, 2017
Huh, but.....
Re: Lawyer Of Sahara Reporters Publisher Reveals What Hapened During His Arrest.PICS by PrettyCrystal: 9:20am On Jan 12, 2017
we are watching
Re: Lawyer Of Sahara Reporters Publisher Reveals What Hapened During His Arrest.PICS by CastedDude: 9:20am On Jan 12, 2017
cc; lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Lawyer Of Sahara Reporters Publisher Reveals What Hapened During His Arrest.PICS by dainformant(m): 9:21am On Jan 12, 2017
no be small thing
Re: Lawyer Of Sahara Reporters Publisher Reveals What Hapened During His Arrest.PICS by Kondomatic(m): 9:26am On Jan 12, 2017
Education good
Re: Lawyer Of Sahara Reporters Publisher Reveals What Hapened During His Arrest.PICS by TippyTop(m): 9:45am On Jan 12, 2017
The policemen that arrested him fall hand big time. They should have beat the cretin to stupor. Let him have a taste of what he dish out daily.
Re: Lawyer Of Sahara Reporters Publisher Reveals What Hapened During His Arrest.PICS by adem30: 9:55am On Jan 12, 2017
Can Wailers now see that he was arrested because he wrote against their fellow wailer?

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Attract The Woman You Love [MUST READ GUYS!] / Must Watch: Embarrassing Video Of Governor Ajimobi Of Oyo State Disgracing Hims / Police Summon Deji Of Akure Over Eze Ndigbo Crisis!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.