Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React (41467 Views)

E-Money And Juliet Okonkwo Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Davido’s Son Models For Mario And Juliet As Brand Ambassador, Hours After Birth / Mike Godson And Juliet Ibrahim Pictured Together After Yesterday's News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by DullardBuhari(m): 10:12am On Jan 12, 2017
grin
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Kruzxx: 10:12am On Jan 12, 2017
abeg who b mr eazi? am not understanding...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by iambabaG: 10:13am On Jan 12, 2017
grin
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 12, 2017
Kondomatic:
Is Ghana a local government in ebonyi state?

why Na?

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by ovaRAYted(m): 10:13am On Jan 12, 2017
ruggedtimi:
correction noted...the effect of listening too much of stonebwoy's jam

cool
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by voicelez: 10:14am On Jan 12, 2017
pride goes before down fall mr eazi or whatever you call yourself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Olukat(m): 10:14am On Jan 12, 2017
He's correct to an extent.
Ghanaian 'highlife' use to sell like hot fire in those days
My Dad had lots of Okukuseku Albums and so on
The Azonto's is completely out of it.
As a lil boy I enjoyed my Dad's early morning 'Odeyewo' grin grin grin hits

7 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by TeleboiZ005(m): 10:15am On Jan 12, 2017
Eazi ma boygrin grin
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by enemyofprogress: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2017
Side effects of awka weeds
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by queenitee(f): 10:15am On Jan 12, 2017
Headies has turned Mr eazi to something else oo.First it's Teckno,,now its Ghanaian Music..This boy needs to sit down and think ehn..
Naija people are good ehn,it doesn't take them one minute to turn their back on you.
You better give yourself brain.odeh,how many people self like you?
Even if Ghanaian music is better, are you a Ghanaian? You have to respect and support your country, your own.You should not start posting nonsense on social Media

Haba,wetin Aunty Juliet do you,don't allow us slap marykay out of your shaking foundation grin grin ;Dsomebody is not nice

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Orikinla1: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2017
Facts:
Ghanaian Highlife influenced Nigerian Highlife

Ghanaian hip life influenced Nigerian hip hop from the 1980s.

Those disputing are the Indomie generation born from 1990.

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Ada9103(f): 10:15am On Jan 12, 2017
Wetin concern that lady self
What does she know about music
She think say na that noise she bin sing
Anyways it's your boy Eazi
Zagadat
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by olowookere11: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2017
ruggedtimi:
guy, have you listened to a ghanaian jam before, how does "mad over you' sound like one
lol
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by enemyofprogress: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2017
Olukat:
He's correct to an extend.
Ghanaian 'highlife' use to sell like hot fire in those days
My Dad had lots of Okukuseku Albums and so on
The Azonto's is completely out of it.
As a lil boy I enjoyed my Dad's early morning 'Odeyewo' grin grin ;Dhits
what is to an extend?na by force to write in English? Greet your aunty mama peace for me grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by calberian: 10:19am On Jan 12, 2017
ovaRAYted:
Smh..Twitter NG and irrelevant lashing/trolling.

He has a point anyway,even after downloading runtown's banger-mad over you-i was seriously thinking its mr.eazi or someother ghanian crooner...nigerian artistes are now inculcating ghana style in their music and vice-versa and theres absolutely nothing wrong with that

Ghanaians clearly influenced Mr. Eazi's music. That's a fact. But, to extrapolate that onto Nigerian music. That's witchcraft.

Better still, apart from Mr. Eazi, list out the Nigerian artistes being referred to here pls.

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by masseratti: 10:21am On Jan 12, 2017
ovaRAYted:
Smh..Twitter NG and irrelevant lashing/trolling.

He has a point anyway,even after downloading runtown's banger-mad over you-i was seriously thinking its mr.eazi or someother ghanian crooner...nigerian artistes are now inculcating ghana style in their music and vice-versa and theres absolutely nothing wrong with that
don't mind most of these kids, i was in Ghana in 2009 this gban gban ti gba jollof beats Nigerians are playing now is what they use to play back then, sounds like noise to me.
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by skyo78(m): 10:22am On Jan 12, 2017
ovaRAYted:

Lol...fucking rhetoric!!
Anyone who's really LISTENED to ghanian songsssss can relate to what i typed
That's because Ghanaian musicians were influenced by a lot of Nigerian artists.

Truth is, they both rubbed of each other, but naija music is the bigger influence.
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by stubbornman(m): 10:22am On Jan 12, 2017
I don't even know Mr eazy until that headies award wey him no suppose win if to say mumu Tekno respect himself come.....the guy's just singing R n G ( Rhythm and Garbage)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by DancingSkeleton(m): 10:23am On Jan 12, 2017
Dis eazi of a boy don dey grow wings undecided

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by skyo78(m): 10:23am On Jan 12, 2017
Never mind
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Baroba(m): 10:23am On Jan 12, 2017
Orikinla1:
Facts:
Ghanaian Highlife influenced Nigerian Highlife

Ghanaian hip life influenced Nigerian hip hop from the 1980s.

Those disputing are the Indomie generation born from 1990.

Spot on, The likes of Reggie Rock Stone were already giving us hiplife records back in the 90s, I don't even want to mention highlife.. Okukuseku City boys of Ghana, Eddie Quansah ..

In early 2000, Ghanaian artist had lots of artist with good songs and decent videos I seem to remember, Naija don carry gra gra and population subdue them..

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Baroba(m): 10:24am On Jan 12, 2017
skyo78:

You must be joking

It ain't a joke bro, these are facts, sentiments aside..
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Temysteve(m): 10:25am On Jan 12, 2017
BrutalJab:

Is Nigeria better than Ghana in anyway
Yes! Its possible for a single local govt to be better than a whole nation.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by jay99(m): 10:26am On Jan 12, 2017
Even if this is true, he should keep it on a low. Nigerians can kill his career in a day..
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by skyo78(m): 10:27am On Jan 12, 2017
Baroba:

It ain't a joke bro, these are facts, sentiments aside..

Edited after I remembered that Highlife actually originated in Ghana.

But to say Ghanaian music influences today's naija music is a long ting
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by BlossomedCherry: 10:29am On Jan 12, 2017
Dongreat:
Music is a food to the soul but does that include music from either Ghana or Nigeria? I have listened to the guy songs and one word "TRASH". He just murmured all over his songs while repeating rubbish lyrics with no meaningful rhymes and still shouting "Mr EAZI". He use one beat pattern to cover all these flaws and like many Nigerians with no sense for the importance of lyric but mad over beats, they called and crowned him Next Rated, just like they did to Mr Skibo and Rekedo banks but where is the rated among these mentioned.
Well people music taste are different but for music to be a food then it has to deliver meaningful lyrics. The great Fela has no sense of rhymes but his lyrics are heart touching, making his Afro songs original. I listened to Titanium, Bang your Head, The Greatest, Elastic Heart by Sia and even as she is no preacher, her words on those songs are powerful than any man of God I have encountered.

"They call me Mr Eazi and Life is Easy because I roll with Wizzy, oya zagga that". And you call that music??
My hubby likes Mr Eazi o expecially dat song wey em talk Leg over, alomo no dey for heaven, shoutout to my girl (the humble me) he screams u dey make my eye comot from all of d rest wink... well I started enjoying Leg over too sotey I dey sing even d part wey look like murmur cuz I hear him well and I sha like d way my hubby dances d legover tin. I fit teach u o grin.

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by ovaRAYted(m): 10:29am On Jan 12, 2017
Kolade9:

So because runtown's mad over you sounds ghanaian every other nigerian song has ghanaian influence? undecided

Mr Eazi is ovaRAYted,we only like him because of starboy.

Next time you quote me,read the text you intend to quote very well...i said some of our artistes are inculcating,never said its dominantly infuencing our music nor is err'one doing ghana style.

Most nigerian songs from late'2015-now have that ghanaian hip-life and afrobeat feel to it..same way they tap into our our afro-pop,highlife and afro-hop style of music.

Whether you like eazi because of starboy or moongirl,i really dont give a shiit ..just dont misquote me when next.
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Orikinla1: 10:30am On Jan 12, 2017
skyo78:
Never mind

Facts don't lie.

Highlife is a music genre that originated in Ghana at the turn of the 20th century and incorporated the traditional harmonic 9th, as well as melodic and the main rhythmic structures in traditional Akan music, and married them with Western instruments. Highlife was associated with the local African aristocracy during the colonial period. By the 1930s, Highlife spread via Ghanaian workers to Sierra Leone, Liberia, Gambia and Nigeria, among other West African countries, where the music is now very popular.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highlife
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Olukat(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2017
enemyofprogress:
what is to an extend?na by force to write in English? Greet your aunty mama peace for me grin grin

Well, the errors here are mine.
Changing the "d' there to 't' should not call for insult this morning.
However, Mama Peace was the first lady of Nigeria, a position nobody in your generation will occupy.
Not even Aisha Buhari can occupy that position cos the current govt don't see her worthy of that office
hence she's called 'Wife of the President'.
Have a good day punk sad sad sad sad
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by stubbornman(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2017
masseratti:
don't mind most of these kids, i was in Ghana in 2009 this gban gban ti gba jollof beats Nigerians are playing now is what they use to play back then, sounds like noise to me.
Why are you yarning trash So because you were I Ghana in 2009 you studied all about music and came up with a conclusion before returning to Nigeria to spew trash.....have you listened to any of the Nigerian legends when it comes to high life....Oboy talk wetin you know

if nah better artiste talk this thing now eh for pain but Mr Eazy nah temporary man for the game
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by intricate(m): 10:32am On Jan 12, 2017
so early this morning you all had to bring this crap to front page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Broke Guy" - Paul Okoye Shares Major Throwback Picture / TB Joshua: Rita Edochie Pays Last Tribute To Late Prophet, Sheds Tears (Video) / The Cake Mercy Aigbe Got For Her Husband's 50th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.