Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. (2575 Views)

Illiterate, Country Of Western Nigeria Is Not A Republic. Only Nigeria Did / illiterate, Country of Western Nigeria is not a Republic. Only Nigeria Did / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Afam4eva(m): 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2009
At times i just sit down and wonder where we are going in this country. I'm saying this because i was preparing to develop a website about nigeria which will include the population of the states, local governments, cities, Ethnic group. Only for me to realise that the sick census did not include the tribal distribution of Nigerians. The stupid excuse they gave is that it willlead to civil unrest. This is the most illiterate statement any nation could make. Even American Universities have the tiniest statistical data you can ever think about. The nmumber of black, Hispanics, caucasians etc. I ASK ONCE AGAIN, WHICH WAY NIGERIA.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Caringpro(f): 7:41pm On Nov 24, 2009
Point of correction. Our politicos are, not all Nigerians. These kind of reasons should propel many Civil minded Nigerians to wake up and join up.These guys' time are up!
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Afam4eva(m): 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2009
Caringpro:

Point of correction. Our politicos are, not all Nigerians.

Pls quote me where i mentioned NIgerians as illiterate. Of course when i say Nigeria, you know i'm talkinf of the polity.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by mekusxxx: 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2009
Afam

Do you know the meaning of illiterate or do you have your own custom-made meaning of the word?
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Afam4eva(m): 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2009
mekusxxx:

Afam

Do you know the meaning of illiterate or do you have your own custom-made meaning of the word?

Maybe you can start by telling me what you understand by the word "illiterate". I guess you think it means not going to school, right?
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by mekusxxx: 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2009
Our politicians are not illiterate. They can read and write, the opposite of which is the meaning of illiteracy. So use some other word but not ''illiterate''
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Afam4eva(m): 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2009
mekusxxx:

Our politicians are not illiterate. They can read and write, the opposite of which is the meaning of illiteracy. So use some other word but not ''illiterate''

I guessed right, you have to expand your scope.The world is moving forward bro. Don't stick with this your myopic disposition.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by mekusxxx: 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2009
You mean the meaning of illiterate has changed over time? I am hearing that for the first time. You try grin grin grin grin

Let me teach you a little. Use[b] ignorant[/b], short-sighted, uninformed and not illiterate, in the context of your post and the reality on the ground. Thanks for learning
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Afam4eva(m): 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2009
mekusxxx:

You mean the meaning of illiterate has changed over time? I am hearing that for the first time. You try grin grin grin grin

Let me teach you a little. Use[b] ignorant[/b], short-sighted, uninformed and not illiterate, in the context of your post and the reality on the ground. Thanks for learning

here comes the shocker, What if i told you that the three phrases you stated above are some of the tenents of modern day illiteracy.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by donjon: 9:13pm On Nov 24, 2009
Another sorry thread for the wailing, weeping & gnashing of teeth over the sorry state of Nigeria!
*una no dey tire 4 cry?*
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by mekusxxx: 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2009
afam4eva:

here comes the shocker, What if i told you that the three phrases you stated above are some of the tenents of modern day illiteracy.

Ignorant is not a phrase, it is a word
Short-sighted is not a phrase, it is a compound word
Uninformed is not a phrase, it is a word.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 24, 2009
Very stupid thread,,waste of seun's bandwidth
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Parohfrey(f): 11:33pm On Nov 24, 2009
very myopic way of thinking, poster, go self-service yahself.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by mekusxxx: 11:45pm On Nov 24, 2009
Paroh_frey:

You are the myopic one here. The poster needed very important piece of data which is usually available in other countries. Why was ethnicity, religion etc, not included in the census? That was obviously myopic and uninformed of whoever decided against that. My only problem was the use of the word illiterate. Nigerian politicians (at least 99.9%) of them are not illiterates. They can read and write in a language.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Parohfrey(f): 11:52pm On Nov 24, 2009
i have the whole 2006 census result, and i tell you, the poster is lieing.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 25, 2009
topic

as shown by nairaland and some of the posters on thisthread in particular mekushit and afam4ever, quite true.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Sagamite(m): 12:47am On Nov 25, 2009
mekusxxx:

Use[b] ignorant[/b], short-sighted, uninformed and not illiterate, in the context of your post and the reality on the ground. Thanks for learning

You are basically describing yourself, you just missed out illiterate.

I am still waiting for you to blow my mind out with your qualifications. grin
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by mekusxxx: 1:10am On Nov 25, 2009
Ah! my student the Sagamu urchin,

You are here. Why did you run from my class the last time? Go back there and complete the lessons.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by ceasyc(f): 2:12am On Nov 25, 2009
Sagamite:

You are basically describing yourself, you just missed out illiterate.

I am still waiting for you to blow my mind out with your qualifications. grin

oh my world, damnnnnnn
yabistttttt
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Afam4eva(m): 11:30am On Nov 25, 2009
tpia.:

topic

as shown by nairaland and some of the posters on thisthread in particular mekushit and afam4ever, quite true.

Tilapia, calling you an illiterate also means you're human, You're a fish.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 26, 2009
a-foam-4ever

you're foam forever.

foam as in empty and inconsequential.
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by naijamini(m): 5:50am On Nov 26, 2009
@Paroh_frey
And we should take your word for it? Somebody said the NPC told him they can't release the results he wanted, you said he is lying - without releasing the results. I have looked for this information on their website and the so-called Nigerian Databank - they are simply not available. You have population by state and gender, that is about it.

Please post this information if you really have it, otherwise you reply is of no value at all. The poster has no reason to be lying!

Paroh_frey:

Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Mariory(m): 6:04am On Nov 26, 2009
Bwahahaha!
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Nobody: 11:51am On May 30, 2021
Afam4eva:
At times i just sit down and wonder where we are going in this country. I'm saying this because i was preparing to develop a website about nigeria which will include the population of the states, local governments, cities, Ethnic group. Only for me to realise that the sick census did not include the tribal distribution of Nigerians. The stupid excuse they gave is that it willlead to civil unrest. This is the most illiterate statement any nation could make. Even American Universities have the tiniest statistical data you can ever think about. The nmumber of black, Hispanics, caucasians etc. I ASK ONCE AGAIN, WHICH WAY NIGERIA.

01000111010011110100010000100000010100110100000101010110010001010010000001001101010110010010000001010011010011110101010101001100
#ARTHSOS; #PLANETSOS {
#GEOENGINEERING
#WEATHERMODIFICATION
#GMO
#BIOTECH
#BIOHAZARD
#THEELECTROSHAMAN; #SDM; #GENESIS
} @RoyalMarines !!! #BOBTHEBUILDER; #RISKY; #042REPORT; #IPOB; #ÓDÚÁ; #MASSOB; #REDLIGHTDISTRICT; #AMBERALERT; #ANONYMOUS; #ENVIRONMENTALHEALTH !!! ENDIF {!!! #BOBRISKY !!!}

#MAGBONETIDO #LOTTO #KM48 #RCCG #MOWE #IBAFO #ACEPIXELS #NAIRAMARLEY #NOMANNERS #ITSAMADNESS #SIGMUNDFREUD #BATTABOX #TBT #GDFOLK " @Afam4Eva "
Re: Nigeria! The Most Illiterate Country In The World. by Nobody: 11:52am On May 30, 2021
mekusxxx:
Afam

01000111010011110100010000100000010100110100000101010110010001010010000001001101010110010010000001010011010011110101010101001100
#ARTHSOS; #PLANETSOS {
#GEOENGINEERING
#WEATHERMODIFICATION
#GMO
#BIOTECH
#BIOHAZARD
#THEELECTROSHAMAN; #SDM; #GENESIS
} @RoyalMarines !!! #BOBTHEBUILDER; #RISKY; #042REPORT; #IPOB; #ÓDÚÁ; #MASSOB; #REDLIGHTDISTRICT; #AMBERALERT; #ANONYMOUS; #ENVIRONMENTALHEALTH !!! ENDIF {!!! #BOBRISKY !!!}

#MAGBONETIDO #LOTTO #KM48 #RCCG #MOWE #IBAFO #ACEPIXELS #NAIRAMARLEY #NOMANNERS #ITSAMADNESS #SIGMUNDFREUD #BATTABOX #TBT #GDFOLK " @Afam4Eva "

(1) (Reply)

Revelation Linking Ibb To Mko Abiola ,ige, Elewi And Abacha’s Death / Attack On PDP Campaign Vehicles At Bauchi Road, Jos / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi On Biafra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.