Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (212105 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2017
globemoney:

Can you give an estimate of what you spent on this trip?
Hmmm.....around a thousand so far... mainly on status adjustment and stingy shopping.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by globemoney: 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm.....around a thousand so far... mainly on status adjustment and stingy shopping.
cool. you've been there since january? is this still a vacation? lol

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by austinelex: 11:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
Bossman:
No, you can't legally work with a tourist visa. Under the table, where you'll get paid cash, that's possible. However, you certainly risk getting caught, deported, and being banned for life from entering the US. You can probably change your status, say if you get married to a US citizen during your visit.

ok thank u at bossman for d idea shared but anoda que i want to ask is can one renew his tourist visa b4 it expired over dia if posible how can one go about it thank u
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nig4Greatness: 7:14am On Aug 24, 2017
austinelex:
ok thank u at bossman for d idea shared but anoda que i want to ask is can one renew his tourist visa b4 it expired over dia if posible how can one go about it thank u
Noo,you can't renew your b1/b2 visa while still in the United state,visa issues are handle by the foreign posts..(embassy)..which means you have to go back to your issuing country for renewal but you can change your status to F1 if you wanna begin studies but that also would have to be done before you go out of legal status (max..6month for tourist visas).
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nig4Greatness: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2017
Originalsly:
.....@Originalsly has decided to make United state and by extension new York his home for now but you should make sure the status change you are pursuing is done within the confine of the law.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:03am On Aug 24, 2017
@ Nig4Greatness! ...so far I'm treated like the Prodigal Son.... live here illegally?...not in thes times! ...I prefer to live than exist!

NYC....so I was thinking if push come to shove......I can humble myself to do a little anybody-can-do-it job like frying eggs and bacon and potatoes...preparing breakfast. But when I found I couldn't remember a single order....and these customers don't repeat.... they say what they want...and how it must be done...just one time.... and you have to make it right... and fast! ..and you be preparing more than one order at the same time!.....I already knew...even if they offered me the job...I'll have to refuse! Mexicans and grills are like ehmmm....3 and 4 5 and 6!

1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nig4Greatness: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2017
Originalsly:
@ Nig4Greatness! ...so far I'm treated like the Prodigal Son.... live here illegally?...not in thes times! ...I prefer to live than exist!

NYC....so I was thinking if push come to shove......I can humble myself to do a little anybody-can-do-it job like frying eggs and bacon and potatoes...preparing breakfast. But when I found I couldn't remember a single order....and these customers don't repeat.... they say what they want...and how it must be done...just one time.... and you have to make it right... and fast! ..and you be preparing more than one order at the same time!.....I already knew...even if they offered me the job...I'll have to refuse! Mexicans and grills are like ehmmm....3 and 4 5 and 6!
Hahaha....nothing do you..am only being careful with my words.we are all brothers aiming for higher levels...I just made that comment in response to your earlier comment about changing status..no ill feelings..but it's ok..just do whatever it takes to live good.all the best.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
Originalsly:

This is quite common with Nigerian folks, we can never do this back home but as soon as we travel out, na to flip burgers post am for nairaland and other forums. Let's be proud of our own jare, there's nothing wrong with doing menial jobs, after the euphoria of being treated like a visitor wears off with time, at the end of the day most people settle for this to survive, it is well, nice photos

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by SkinnyDude(m): 6:35am On Aug 25, 2017
Pidgin2:

This is quite common with Nigerian folks, we can never do this back home but as soon as we travel out, na to flip burgers post am for nairaland and other forums. Let's be proud of our own jare, there's nothing wrong with doing menial jobs, after the euphoria of being treated like a visitor wears off with time, at the end of the day most people settle for this to survive, it is well, nice photos
Mynd44
seun
Lalasticlala

This is violation of nl rule. Creating a new account after her former account was banned.. Please intervene

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
NYC...."Stay away from the Akatas!"..... tell that to the tourists! Walking tours of Harlem.... it's a business... Black Harlem guy (front in blue Polo shirt) leading group of all White tourists in 'da hood'...a lot of history in this area.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:16am On Aug 26, 2017
NYC....Manhattan...Financial District.... Wall Street area.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by austinelex: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC...."Stay away from the Akatas!"..... tell that to the tourists! Walking tours of Harlem.... it's a business... Black Harlem guy (front in blue Polo shirt) leading group of all White tourists in 'da hood'...a lot of history in this area.
@ originalsly did u just say stay away frm the akatas is there anythin wrong wiyh d akatas or are they as deadly as a green snake in a green grass, in ur post u made mention of adjusting ur statue i thought u came with a non immigrant visa
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Iamsheye(m): 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
Originalsly:
FrankNetter also wrote something about​ the akatas,who are they please
Re: On Vacation: New York City by austinelex: 12:24am On Aug 27, 2017
broda did u also see wat i read about d akatas frm frank n originalsly pls at originalsly shade more light about the akatas
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:02am On Aug 27, 2017
austinelex:
broda did u also see wat i read about d akatas frm frank n originalsly pls at originalsly shade more light about the akatas
Akatas... Black Americans....too many of our brothers would advise any and everyone travelling to the US..."stay away from the Akatas'... why?...they are no good...into crime and drugs ...their women baby mamas...sleep around....lazy...don't work...are all on Welfare (receive money from the FG). That's what they learn from Hollywood and the media...Akatas = bad....Whites = good.
No different from Americans view of Africans period..... starvation and malnutrition throughout Africa...except South Africa and Nigeria... not associated with malnutrition.... but Nigeria is special.... every Nigerian is a scammer and corrupt...same source...Hollywood and the media...nothing good about Africa.
NYC...construction.... in this small small lot they are building a school.Manhattan is basically rock.... solid rock.... the buildings in the background are on another level like 15m above. Guess they blasted out the side of the hill to form the lots on the lower level.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:16am On Aug 29, 2017
NYC.....from the island of Manhattan...looking across Harlem River to the Bronx ....mainland America.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:24am On Aug 29, 2017
NYC....Brooklyn.... Canarsie Pier.... a State Park... lots of chilling...lots of fishing!.... a pretty serene spot to get away from the "city wahala"! .....but planes keep passing low overhead.....JFK Airport wayyy in the background.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by TWoods(m): 4:34am On Aug 29, 2017
Dude you've been on vacation for 7 months?? shocked

10 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:35am On Aug 29, 2017
NYC.....oil barrels?...used to be!...now musical instruments!....looking at a "Steel Pan Orchestra" in a "Pan Yard" (a place where the orchestra practices. ..school yard in this case!) Here they practice at nights... preparing for the big Steel Pan Competition this weekend...part of the Labour Day "West Indian Day Parade" (Carnival)...by farrrr. ..the biggest parade in North America.

1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by TWoods(m): 4:38am On Aug 29, 2017
Afam4eva:

How far is NYC and other parts of New York state on the average. Do people live in those other parts and work in NYC?

Albany is about 2-3 hours i think. Syracuse about the same or an hour more. Rochester is 6 hours away, Buffalo about 7 hours, the Canadian border is about 45 minutes to 1 hour away from buffalo. NY state is huge.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:41am On Aug 29, 2017
TWoods:
Dude you've been on vacation for 7 months?? shocked
Lol...that's how it started out!...kinda!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by TWoods(m): 6:00am On Aug 29, 2017
Originalsly:
Lol...that's how it started out!...kinda!

You got "married"?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Afam4eva(m): 7:20am On Aug 29, 2017
TWoods:

Albany is about 2-3 hours i think. Syracuse about the same or an hour more. Rochester is 6 hours away, Buffalo about 7 hours, the Canadian border is about 45 minutes to 1 hour away from buffalo. NY state is huge.
No be small thing oo. It's just like from Lagos to Benin just inside one state.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2017
NYC. ... False alarm..... Firemen show up anyway....fully equipped÷

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:13am On Aug 30, 2017
NYC... On Set...."Lilly" starring Jennifer Lopez. She's somewhere around... they were shooting earlier....can't wait around for them to resume. BTW... this is in the heart of ehmmm..... the ghetto.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:27am On Aug 30, 2017
NYC..... Housing...changing status...once the dreaded hood. ..now the working class is being pushed out as the middle and upper middle class move in and drive rents up... wayyy up. In this lot...the burgundy building in pic is what they are constructing. The thing is ...although it is a private building.... it must have a certain number of apartments renting at a low cost for ordinary workers. Presently... a one bedroom apartment in this area $2500.... per month....not a typo... $2500 per month!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by SkinnyDude(m): 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC..... Housing...changing status...once the dreaded hood. ..now the working class is being pushed out as the middle and upper middle class move in and drive rents up... wayyy up. In this lot...the burgundy building in pic is what they are constructing. The thing is ...although it is a private building.... it must have a certain number of apartments renting at a low cost for ordinary workers. Presently... a one bedroom apartment in this area $2500.... per month....not a typo... $2500 per month!
Like one room and one parlor ?? This is evil.. Those who were driven out will form another hood/ghetto somewhere else
Re: On Vacation: New York City by signature2012(m): 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
Afam4eva:

No be small thing oo. It's just like from Lagos to Benin just inside one state.

Long island is like 1 - 3 hours to the city.

Suffolk is like 2hours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2017
NYC.....Update....high rise?.... guess now a skyscraper!.... still going up and up in Manhattan. ..... Pic snapped from across the river in Brooklyn....pix snapped from Manhattan.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
NYC...Brooklyn...the calm before the storm! First Monday in September...Labour Day...National Holiday... day of West Indian Day Parade/ Carnival. ..... biggest festival in North America. This is Eastern Parkway....1500m reserved for the float parade. City starting to make preparations.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
NYC...Brooklyn...Labour Day...view from a bit high...about to go to go down to the Carnival!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
NYC...Brooklyn..the storm. On way to join their bands. Amazing costumes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.