Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (211930 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by mannasseh(m): 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
finally i finished the whole thread, and all i can say is God Abeg.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:08am On Sep 25, 2022
NYC .... Storm brewing. Brooklyn.... featured building in the foreground ... several storeys higher since last shot... against the backdrop of severe overcast weather conditions in Manhattan.
From Brooklyn end of Brooklyn Bridge.... lower Manhattan high rises capped by low clouds ... World Trade Center piercing through the mist.

Update. The sun..... June 21 ... farthest it "moves" north ... Summer Soltice. Tracking its move south... September 21.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:27am On Sep 25, 2022
NYC .. This summer was hot... just imagine. The ones that strip and flog women for "exposing" themselves.... and those who think showing 60% or more skin is an invitation to rape...... abeg ..... don't apply for visa to come here...Sodom and Gommorah.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:52am On Sep 25, 2022
NYC ... COVID-19 mandates ... now over but has impacted the restaurant business.... really a new normal. Shake Shack and next door Chick-fil-A were like McDonald's.... sit in eating places.... almost always filled. No sit in during COVID-19 ... deliveries only. This has not changed ... even Mc Donald's.... delivery is now normal.
Soooo many now make a living doing food delivery... which was .ainly done by Mexicans. The competition is fierce.

The City collects household garbage .... Private companies collect commercial garbage ... garbage from stores, shops , offices etc. Same with supermarkets..... but spoilt and expired meats are collected by a special truck. Can you imagine the stench?... especially in the summer? That's what these guys are doing... but don't think for a moment if push comes to shove... you will apply and do it. You are not qualified. Notice the guys are not wearing mask?.. they do not smell. People with that condition are who the companies employ.

Movie shoot.... GOH .... Godfather of Harlem ... Series 3 ... for TV. ... covered Series 1 earlier. Instead of snapping a few shots... figured it will be much the same like others. This time I had cause to go directly into the house ... when they were shooting. .... can't be snapping there so I decided to run video comely with phone in my pocket.... and take screenshots later. Would you believe I pressed record and while placing the phone in my pocket I accidentally pressed stop?.... 3 seconds of footage of my busy hands. They will be back .... I will be ready.

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Solanaa: 11:00am On Sep 25, 2022
Originalsly:
NYC ... COVID-19 mandates ... now over but has impacted the restaurant business.... really a new normal. Shake Shack and next door Chick-fil-A were like McDonald's.... sit in eating places.... almost always filled. No sit in during COVID-19 ... deliveries only. This has not changed ... even Mc Donald's.... delivery is now normal.
Soooo many now make a living doing food delivery... which was .ainly done by Mexicans. The competition is fierce.

The City collects household garbage .... Private companies collect commercial garbage ... garbage from stores, shops , offices etc. Same with supermarkets..... but spoilt and expired meats are collected by a special truck. Can you imagine the stench?... especially in the summer? That's what these guys are doing... but don't think for a moment if push comes to shove... you will apply and do it. You are not qualified. Notice the guys are not wearing mask?.. they do not smell. People with that condition are who the companies employ.

I miss you and this thread bro

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:14am On Sep 25, 2022
Solanaa:

I miss you and this thread bro

Lost phone and a whole lot of pics that were meant for this thread. Was trying to do like themes .... about work ... about people.... about buildings being demolished and replaced by high rises. Not too keen again!... now thinking about opening another thread .... it with videos ... even lost some I captured. Will see!

6 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by NumeroUno7(m): 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
Following
Re: On Vacation: New York City by JesseThunder(m): 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Lovely thread
Originalsly:

Lost phone and a whole lot of pics that were meant for this thread. Was trying to do like themes .... about work ... about people.... about buildings being demolished and replaced by high rises. Not too keen again!... now thinking about opening another thread .... it with videos ... even lost some I captured. Will see!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by odinga1of: 12:32am On Oct 18, 2022
Originalsly:

Egbon glad you are back. I enjoyed your detailed explanation about life in NYC

Welcome bros, Area hail u!!!!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by ashiwajew: 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
Originalsly:

I'm surviving bro! ... just working like sooo many others! So last year... when the city was half dead due to the pandemic... you found it too fast paced? grin Wow!... you really like peace and quiet!... I don't! Traffic is back up now... parking wayyy more difficult to find.... and the traffic agents are now back in full dishing oult tickets! If you got one do pay bro!

Hello sir, I am a newcomer to NY and would love to tap from your experience settling in. I sent you a PM. I look forward to your response.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2023
ashiwajew:

Hello sir, I am a newcomer to NY and would love to tap from your experience settling in. I sent you a PM. I look forward to your response.

Noted... will respond later. Where in NY?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by ashiwajew: 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2023
Originalsly:

I have responded to your PM with my number
Re: On Vacation: New York City by christianjoy(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
Wow shocked
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Spanishmilf(m): 6:32pm On Jan 06, 2023
Originalsly:

why u no update this thread nau
But you dey active on others

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2023
Spanishmilf:

why u no update this thread nau
But you dey active on others

Not been snapping much ... but will try update with some randoms.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Spanishmilf(m): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
Originalsly:

Not been snapping much ... but will try update with some randoms.
oh ok
You can still make it lively without pictures tho because i know snapping and reducing the size can be a little tiring
You can talk abt
Jobs
Girls
Parties
Vacations if you have travelled to other states maybe

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2023
Spanishmilf:
oh ok
You can still make it lively without pictures tho because i know snapping and reducing the size can be a little tiring
You can talk abt
Jobs
Girls
Parties
Vacations if you have travelled to other states maybe

I hear you... but this thread is about pix .... maybe I'll start another one to chat about life in the city.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2023
NYC .... Garbage comes in many forms

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by ashiwajew: 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
Originalsly:

I have emailed my number to you. You can also drop your number
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2023
NYC .... time flies!... in winter now .... wasn't doing much snapping. Some randoms....random.....
high rise was following ... last posted Sept 25... well it's now difficult to snap because of its height.

Row of landmark houses .... can do whatever you want on the inside. ... but the outside must maintain the same appearance. The cream one in the middle had problems where water damage caused part of the outer wall to collapse .... the entire building was sealed (by the City or Landmark authority) and repainted to keep up appearance.

A train snakes its way through the hood ...East New York ... on elevated tracks.... trains here run either underground or above ground .... hardly ever at street level and never crossing paths with people or traffic.

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
NYC .... Been lots of filming since... mainly Law and Order... I don't watch the series ... hardly watch TV nor movies and so not at all familiar with the stars and celebrities. Funny thing is I often go on these sets and have no clue who is who and probably interacted with these celebrities and don't even know.
I took time out to snap on this movie mainly because they were shooting close to where to park my car. I was walking on to the set running video but one security guy sain no filming nor photos.
First... day before.... setting up high fence at the hotel... have no clue what it would be seen as in the actual movie. Others.... filming in progress inside the hotel.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2023
NYC .....

Homeless gathered together .... it's winter! ... cold but no snow nor rain ... a better day.
No place is guaranteed safe. ... this is in the middle of a well populated area... next to three large apartment buildings.... but yet cars are parked on lonely areas.... absolutely no buildings around.... guess is all about luck.

Ladies.... go get him .... he can't resist!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:25am On Mar 17, 2023
NYC .... randoms.
Featured building on left ... gone wayyy too high to snap from nearby. Pencil like high rise n the middle is the tallest in Brooklyn... featured earlier ... like 1km farther down the same road.
View of Downtown Brooklyn from Manhattan ... same building is to the right of the ehmmm .... triangle top one. Brooklyn Bridge on right... Manhattan Bridge on left.
On location. Filming in the area has picked up a lot ... don't even bother to inquire what they're about or the celebs involved.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2023
NYC .... To the Trumpers ... your hero is in the midst of a storm and being caught up in a tornado.... pray hard for him.
Jobs... plenty available ... are you qualified/certified?
Of late a skillful one is active in the community.
USPS ... parcel delivery rapidly increasing due to online orders ....enter delivery declining.... is NIPOST adapting?

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:33am On Apr 24, 2023
NYC ... crazy people everywhere.... don't judge a book by its cover. This one looked quite normal to me ... until she began to dive in the garbage not for food nor empty cans or bottles ... but other stuff.... like an empty paper cup.
Good Friday ... when there is this reenactment of Jesus on his way to be crucified. These Spanish people take this thing seriously.... is like the real thing... Roman soldiers and all.... and the guy is really given a heavy cross! To each his own!
In this city sneakers is a must .... and Jordan brand run things! Here people queue up early in the morning .... hourssss before the store opens ... a new Jordan's is dropping today..... sold out after an hour or two.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Firefyta: 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ever present
Keep the pictures rolling in
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Taal17: 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2023
@originalsy

A quick question

Could you share safe neighbourhoods in Brooklyn
Secondly places with multifamily homes
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:13am On Sep 12, 2023
Taal17:
@originalsy

A quick question

Could you share safe neighbourhoods in Brooklyn
Secondly places with multifamily homes

Truth is ... I really don't know a neighborhood in Brooklyn that's not safe. People go about their business 24/7 and being robbed is not something that would be on one's mind.... never mind people do get robbed but relatively speaking that's rare. Two and three family homes are all over... as well as apartment buildings. Then there are "projects" ... several apartment buildings in a "compound". Avoid the projects.... too many people too close together.
I guess you're trying to relocate .... rent.... proximity to public transportation/availability of free street parking are the three main factors one needs to consider. The farther away one is from the commercial center of Brooklyn.... "Downtown Brooklyn" ... the less expensive the rent ... and more free street parking. Hope this helps.... and thanks for reminding me of my thread!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by TheEnforcer: 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2023
Originalsly:

Truth is ... I really don't know a neighborhood in Brooklyn that's not safe. People go about their business 24/7 and being robbed is not something that would be on one's mind.... never mind people do get robbed but relatively speaking that's rare. Two and three family homes are all over... as well as apartment buildings. Then there are "projects" ... several apartment buildings in a "compound". Avoid the projects.... too many people too close together.
I guess you're trying to relocate .... rent.... proximity to public transportation/availability of free street parking are the three main factors one needs to consider. The farther away one is from the commercial center of Brooklyn.... "Downtown Brooklyn" ... the less expensive the rent ... and more free street parking. Hope this helps.... and thanks for reminding me of my thread!
But most apartment buildings are built together. Like estates.You may have like 50 in a compound.I thinks its rare to find a single apartment building unless you are talking about townhouses. If one doesn't have his own home or what you call townhouses what other option do you have than to choose one of the projects

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.