Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Career Advice Please. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Advice Please. (377 Views)

Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? / 2019 Career Advice For You / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career Advice Please. by Mykbillz(m): 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
Please i need your advice on these:
I just graduated from the University of Port Harcourt with a 2.1 in Biochemistry, but wants to pursue a different career field,
but the issue is, a family member who everyone expected to train me through school but didn't live up to expectation
and who i still have high hopes of helping me secure employment in the future due to his corporate experience and connection,
but on meeting him, insist i learn a new skill or improve the one i had(i learned tiling and painting during my schools usual long strikes), so i can travel next year to the united states to work under a family who is into building and construction there.

Between risking getting his future support by turning his offer down and staying put to pursue my career in the nigeria, which seem more practical.
Advice Please.
Re: Career Advice Please. by mokset123: 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2017
Thank God you have a skill, just work on it. On the condition that he would sponsor your trip to the US.

While at it you can drop your cv's in various establishments, as well as apply online for various adverts.

That way you have more options and you wouldn't be putting all your eggs in one basket

1 Like

Re: Career Advice Please. by Mykbillz(m): 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
mokset123:
Thank God you have a skill, just work on it. On the condition that he would sponsor your trip to the US.

While at it you can drop your cv's in various establishments, as well as apply online for various adverts.

That way you have more options and you wouldn't be putting all your eggs in one basket

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Winning At Job Interviews / Digital Marketing Productivity Tools Training / Degree Plus Certification?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.